• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 11, 2021

    iPhone Accidentally overwrote a password in my keychain

    iPhone Accidentally overwrote a password in my keychain


    Accidentally overwrote a password in my keychain

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:42 PM PST

    I had my Snapchat password saved in my iCloud keychain, I accidentally overwrote it when trying to sign in (forgot my password was saved, inputted what I thought was my password, accidentally hit 'save in keychain' only to find out this password was wrong).

    Now the real password, which was previously saved in my keychain, was erased and updated with this new wrong one.

    I have no idea what my old password was now, and have exhausted all options trying to figure it out. My snapchat was created years ago using an email and phone number that are no longer active (I know, I should've updated them) so I cannot reset my password.

    I'm not too tech-savy and never back up my iPhone (at least not through my computer.. I'm not sure if iCloud atomically backs up, but if not, then it hasn't ever been backed up - also my fault).

    Was just wondering if there are any options for me to obtain my old saved password for Snapchat. I have already tried reaching out to both Snapchat support, as well as my old email provider (to try and get back into my old email) but I am out of luck with both options. I have tons of memories saved to that account that I am really hoping to access again.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/cityandshannon
    [link] [comments]

    Disabled iPhone11 iOS14 Can only receive calls? From only one number?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:09 PM PST

    The GF has gone and done the unthinkable. He's in hospital following a procedure. While trying to access her phone in post-op, while still under the sweet cloud of feel-no-pain meds, she fumbled her way past the 10 tries to unlock in no time. She's there for a day or two more, so access to the regular tools we need aren't available.
    I'm not really looking to fix it this second, but I wonder if there are any backdoors to communication. For instance, if I initiate LOST mode, could I still ping the device? Could she call the number that displays in Lost mode? If not these methods, is there anything else we can do?

    submitted by /u/summerskiss
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR black screen of death?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:18 PM PST

    Hi guys. I tried to restart and I tried a hard restart (while charging), and the screen is still black. The screen is on, but it's black so I can't see what I am doing on it. Any ideas? Not in a position to spend a lot of money right now. :(

    submitted by /u/pearanormalactivity
    [link] [comments]

    Extending Shortcuts for words??

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 04:56 PM PST

    i am trying to learn Chinese, so I wanted an easier way to memorize it. I found out that I could create shortcuts for Chinese characters in Notes. But every time I put in a longer phrase, it says "No spaces". Anyone know a way around this?

    submitted by /u/SinkFormal1874
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring data

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:16 PM PST

    I just got my new iPhone 12 mini in the mail and am trying to set it up. I have an 8 that I'm using to transfer data, but the progress bar hasn't moved at all in the past hour. Earlier it was stuck on a software update for almost two hours. Just a spinning loading bar next to install. I turned it off and then powered it back on and got to the point I'm at now. But I have made absolutely no progress. I don't have a lot of data on my old phone, so I know that's not the issue. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/Lux-Lumen
    [link] [comments]

    Screen time question...

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:04 PM PST

    So I looked at a website (dissentpins) for less than 5 minutes 3 days ago. I didn't buy anything, I just looked around and then closed the tab and forgot about it. Today I swiped left on my home screen and noticed my screen time was 21 hours. Uhmmm.. sure I read on my phone but I don't have it on / read for 21 hours. It's usually more like 6-8 hours of reading or youtube at work. I checked yesterday and saw another 24 hours, and the day before 10 hours.

    this has totalled up to 56 hours over 3 days.

    Is there a way to remove this? I've gone through and deleted my browser history and limited the screen time of that website to 1 minute. I seriously haven't been on that website in 3 days and it was less than 5 minutes. Is there a way to stop it? Im not given an option to remove it and it's ridiculous.

    here's screen time screenshots

    submitted by /u/thespacegypsy
    [link] [comments]

    SIM card tray

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 01:59 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I hope I'm in the right place.

    Does anyone know if the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 have interchangeable SIM card trays?

    I know some of them have different sizes. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Corgi_Coach
    [link] [comments]

    Onn brand chargers not working consistently. I've gone through 5 this year alone. Anyone else having this issue?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:06 AM PST

    I used the stickied post format to ask my question so the issue is at the bottom of the post.

    ****iPhone model and iOS version: 8, running 14.4

    ****Purchase date, country and nature of purchase: December 2019, US, purchased with new ATT plan

    ****What is the issue, how often does it occur and how to replicate it? Onn brand chargers quit working within weeks to months of purchase. I have already bought 3-5 this year alone whereas one would last me several years prior to 2021. Issue is inconsistent and sometimes a charger that won't work for me will work for my husband. Or the charger that didn't work yesterday is suddenly working today. I only noticed this issue after updating to IOS 14, but I couldn't say if that's what caused it because I'm tech-illiterate. I'm getting really tired of spending $15-20 every few weeks to throw a piece of plastic in to a landfill.

    submitted by /u/dodsontm
    [link] [comments]

    I found an iPhone on the ground, couldn't find who it belongs to. How do I factory reset it without the password and potentially get around icloud?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 04:49 PM PST

    Less of a problem, more of a question: how do I transfer data from a USB to my phone?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:30 PM PST

    More accurately a USB that can't be plugged into an iPhone, incompatible. I have the data on the stick already, how do o get it from there to the phone?

    submitted by /u/major_calgar
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn off a 6am alarm I didn't set?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 06:39 AM PST

    Ever since I got my new I phone, I have an alarm that goes off for about 30 sec every morning at 6am. It is labeled "wake up." I have no alarms set. The health app alarms are turned off. I even tried setting the health app alarm for a 6am wakkeup to see if it would override this alarm. But, this alarm goes off first and then the health app alarm...which is also labeled "wake up" I have no other apps on my phone with alarms. I tried restarting the phone. Silencing the phone doesn't silence the alarm. What else can I try?

    submitted by /u/bean0bean
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 8 is stuck on recovery mode

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:24 PM PST

    1. iPhone model and iOS version

    iPhone 8 running iOS 14

    2. Purchase date, country and nature of purchase

    I don't know the date, it is my aunt's one and it is a secondhand iPhone. However, it is pretty likely that it was bought in France.

    3. What is the issue, how often does it occur and how to replicate it?

    The iPhone boots on recovery mode and even after a hard reset or after tring to get to DFU (pressing vol + then - then rebooting, I honestly don't know what this is), nothing changes. It seems to be bricked.

    4. What caused the issue?

    My aunt changed her phone and didn't use it for a long time. She wanted to give it to her son but apparently when she turned it on, the phone was stuck. Then, she asked me to do something and I ended up using Dr.Fone since I've already bought and used it (and it worked). But after using the "repair" tool, Dr.Fone is stuck at 85% and the phone at 50% of an update. The software deleted every data on the phone but know I'm unable to do anything.

    5. What did you try to resolve the issue and what was the result?

    I tried hardresetting the phone, updating it with itunes (got a error 75), tried Dr.Fone again.

    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

    What can I do ?

    submitted by /u/MonaFrance
    [link] [comments]

    Should I give up or no?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:09 PM PST

    hello all thank you for the help in advance.

    I have a iPhone 11 I bought from a friend who works at boost. well I went to Verizon to activate the phone and they said it was carrier locked, went back to friend we contacted boost and requested it to be unlocked they said it would take two business days to be fully unlocked. went back to Verizon two days later and they're still saying its carrier locked when they put in new SIM card. we have looked on both Verizon and boosts website and they both say that the phone is unlocked. this all started last Friday I was wondering if anyone has been thru the same, or knows what the heck is going. phone is def not stolen nor has a pending account charge. do I just have to wait the full 48 hrs or am I SOL? anything helps thanks again sorry if I didn't format this right, stressed to the max.

    submitted by /u/kodaktrump2024
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone ever get a white screen with attempting data recovery written and an apple logo after a restart?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 01:56 PM PST

    If so, why is that?

    submitted by /u/CONSTIPATED_CAT
    [link] [comments]

    My new iPhone will not send/receive messages over Wi-Fi (only iMessage is allowed). Is this going to change anytime soon?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:44 AM PST

    Among several other things, I just discovered that my new iPhone cannot send/receive text messages when using Wi-Fi. I was told by Apple support that this is a software issue and that iPhones will only allow text messages from other iPhone users (iMessage only) when on Wi-Fi. This is very disappointing because my Android phone's standard messaging app was able to send and receive all types of messages over Wi-Fi. Does anyone know if Apple is going to come out with an iPhone update that allows this anytime soon? If not, I will have to switch back to Android.

    submitted by /u/USSValor
    [link] [comments]

    instagram nofitications

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:38 PM PST

    Hello, i need some help, my iphone 8 whit ios 14.4.1 is not alerting my about my instagram notifications since 3/4 weeks ago, any knowledge about any bug or fix ?

    submitted by /u/zod12
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with headphone microphone?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:25 PM PST

    I was having a problem with some old Apple headphones where my phone wasn't picking up the microphone on phone calls. I would have to unplug the headphones and then plug them back in to fix the issue. So, I bought new headphones from Apple. I'm still having the same problem. I can hear the call through the headphones but they can't hear my voice.

    Has anyone else had a similar problem? How did you fix it? It's a nuisance and become pretty annoying. I'm starting to think it's the phone causing an issue.

    submitted by /u/NewJerseyCPA
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning to 3,5 mm jack not working properly; whats wrong?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:35 AM PST

    I bought a Lightning to 3,5 mm jack adapter for my iPhone 7 (not an official Apple one but this one has good reviews so I bought it). I put in my apple earphones and they worked reasonably well, but I put another 3.5 mm cable to my stereo set in the sound was constantly interrupted. Play key spontaneously paused, volume louder and quieter without having to touch the volume knob. Why is this?

    submitted by /u/freaky33
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought this used iPhone 8. No scratch, but a line of dead pixels about 3/4" inch (rainbow of colors)? Will this get worse? I can still return it.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 11:56 AM PST

    What makes a phone charge faster?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:31 AM PST

    Is it the cord or the cube? And any recommendations for a cord/cube that I can get that charges fast? I have an iPhone 12 mini.

    submitted by /u/MakeupMua16
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 12 pro max died completely?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:59 AM PST

    i went to bed with the iphone 12 pro max at over 90% battery. Plugged it in, and went to bed. Next morning, it's completely off. Doesn't turn on at all. Quickly pressing the up volume, down volume and then holding the power button as the Apple support suggested doesn't work. Anyone else have a similar issue? Any ideas on how to fix?

    submitted by /u/ubersmol
    [link] [comments]

    How to disable camera shutter and screenshot sound on iPhone 11 japan?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:10 AM PST

    Hi, I recently bought iPhone 11 and can't find a way to turn off the annoying camera shutter and screenshot sound. I have read few posts on Reddit which says it's a law in Japan to prevent people from taking up skirt pictures. I have literally tried every possible way to mute these sounds but nothing seems to work. I don't take prevy snaps at all but I don't want everyone in 50 miles radius to know I clicked a picture or want the whole library staring at me for taking a screenshot. I don't want to jailbreak ios. Any real help will be much appreciated. I am considering returning the phone to shopkeeper and get a new one but i don't want to return the phone because the shopkeeper will deduct about 15% of the original price.

    submitted by /u/avays
    [link] [comments]

    Pls help me with my new iPhone

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:03 AM PST

    So imma get straight to the point. A few months back i got myself an iPhone 8 and i had a lot of problems with my wifi at home (the wifi at my gfs house worked perfectly fine on my iPhone 8). My iPhone 8 sometimes (only the iPhone) didnt get any internet connection from my wifi while it was connected to it. Most of the times it said: „No internet Connection" while i was connected to my wifi. When it DID work, my wifi was extremely bad (as i said, only on my iPhone 8). It never happened again after a few days or something more than a week. Now i got myself an iPhone 11 and have the same Problem. I'm hoping that some of u can help me fix this, if not i'll just wait it out like i did before. Thanks a lot to anyone taking the time to read this right now and to anyone who comments.

    submitted by /u/lukassuperiorr
    [link] [comments]

    When using the shortcuts app to create custom app icons, how do I make the shortcut have a notifications badge?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:57 AM PST

    I recently discovered the 1.14 trick where you use a shortcut on your homescreen to launch an app, and basically replace that app on your home screen with the shortcut/widget. However, when I tried this for the messages app, it didn't show the notifications badge on the shortcut. Is there a way to see how many messages I have or somehow move the notifications badge from the messages app to the shortcut?

    submitted by /u/squire80513
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel