• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 2, 2021

    iPhone 0.5x and 2x camera disappeared from photo

    iPhone 0.5x and 2x camera disappeared from photo


    0.5x and 2x camera disappeared from photo

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:10 PM PST

    I bought my iPhone 11 Pro about 2/3 weeks ago (new) and never dropped it or anything but just noticed that I have lost the option of zooms when I want to take a photo. I still have the 3 options on all the others, just not on self portrait and photo. I have tried restarting the phone, closing all the apps, checked the updates, but nothing has changed. Thank you

    submitted by /u/sohardbeinggreen
    [link] [comments]

    Question abt pictures and cloud

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:46 AM PST

    I told one of my friends they could log into my apple for my music but they said it would take 90( a guess idr the exact number and it's irrelevant to the story) days to let him log in. Anywayss i noticed that there were new pictures in my camera roll and I realized it must be because they logged into my account.. i have a few questions - how do i get rid of them - if i delete them off my phone will they lose them forever - is it possible to remove him from my apple account without messing with the pictures?

    submitted by /u/catherinemabry
    [link] [comments]

    My phone says photos is taking up 34 gigs. I only have 716 photos and 100 videos. Last I checked that’s NOT 34 gigs. Anyone know how to fix this?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:55 PM PST

    I'm just really confused

    submitted by /u/that_one-redditer
    [link] [comments]

    unable to sync phone

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:23 PM PST

    i have an iphone 6+ 120GB with about 75GB filled.

    the past two times I have tried to sync my phone it freezes and will not sync. We have left it to run for a solid 3 hours without any progress. the computer I'm trying to sync to has more than enough storage so that isn't the issue.

    does anyone know why it isn't syncing?

    submitted by /u/lesyeuxdeme
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone is Charging, then not Charging, then repeats

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:43 PM PST

    I've been having this issue for a few weeks, probably some time since mid-February. My phone has been doing this weird thing where whenever I plug it in, it says it's charging, but then stops charging, and does it again and again and after a few hours it will actually charge.

    I'm not an iPhone technician, and I don't have the abilities to look inside the actual iPhone and see its hardware, but if you have any tips for what might be happening (that don't involve looking inside the iPhone and doing stuff with its hardware) than please let me know!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DogeStef
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop ALL people except for a couple people from answering my calls as FaceTime video? Or only allow FaceTime calls with 2 or 3 people and the rest of the world (not just my contacts) cannot face time me

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:41 PM PST

    I have a group that I make audio only calls to, however certain people answer with FaceTime video, which tanks my data. I call them with regular (not FaceTime) audio. There are other people that I DO want to accept FaceTime calls from.

    How can I set my phone so that when I call someone, if they answer with FaceTime, I still don't have to see their lovely data wasting faces? Thank you

    submitted by /u/Fancy-Pair
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Power Button

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:37 PM PST

    My power button on my iPhone 12 doesn't click anymore. I'm not sure if it's because I may have spilled a sticky drink on it or if it's the button itself that's defective. Would rubbing water or isopropyl alcohol on it help it or would that get inside the iPhone and do more damage then good? And if I were to take my phone into Apple, how much would it cost or is it free since I've had the phone for less than a year and it's under warranty?

    submitted by /u/yung_babyyoda
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X LCD under-screen damage shortly after repair

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 11:16 AM PST

    Hi - iPhone X, bought late 2017 (From Apple, with AppleCare+), USA. Repaired in July 2020 for cracked screen, and last tuesday for damaged LCD under screen top-right corner, both at a local phone repair place. They charge ~$200 for an iPhone X screen repair, so at least theoretically a good part...

    I had my iPhone X repaired at a local independent repair place last week, due to nearly the same problem - damage to the LCD but not the glass - but in a different spot (top right). Yesterday, it cropped up again - bottom right, small 3mmx1mm black area like someone took a small bite out of the panel, and two bright lines shooting all the way up from it. No significant falls/drops since the last repair (nor was the prior one from a fall/drop as far as I know either), and the prior repair was the second repair at this place - 6 months before, had a proper glass crack fixed.

    Does this sort of thing suggest that the place I'm going is not doing a good job with the repair and/or using bad parts? I'm particularly hoping they fix this under warranty (they have a 90 day warranty), and would love some ammunition to argue this was their fault - as it seems odd to me that this would happen so quickly after the repair (and this is an over 3 year old phone, and I've never had this issue before they fixed the original panel, nor on any other iPhone the last ten years, though I don't know if OLED is different in this regard). Can this be caused by overtightening or mis-aligning parts or whatnot? Is there something likely to cause this on my end?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/snoopy369
    [link] [comments]

    Downloading music to iPhone XS from independent site

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:44 PM PST

    Hi guys - my husband purchased some music from an independent site, and he got a few links to download.

    When he downloads the album, it ends up on a Zip drive. From there though we get tripped up trying to get that folder onto his iTunes so he has the album in his library.

    I've been doing some searches but I figured someone here might've had some experience in this, and I'm just clueless.

    submitted by /u/BobbyFan54
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8+ Stuck in DFU Mode - Low Disk Space

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:37 PM PST

    Hey Guys,

    Hoping someone can help me. I was trying to create a backup of my iPhone 8 Plus (that's been complaining about low disk space) for days. I am getting a new iPhone this week, so I wanted a fresh backup ready to go. Well, while I was backing up my phone it started doing an infinite loop, and then I put it in DFU mode, and now that's all it does (even with a hard reset).

    I know I should have had more backups (my fault), but is there ANY way (3rd party program) I can use to access my phone's data, or even somehow create a backup with the phone in DFU mode or some kind of 'safe' mode, so I can restore it on my new iPhone that is coming in a few days?

    Thanks in advance to everyone for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/A4orce84
    [link] [comments]

    Portrait mode help

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:49 PM PST

    Upgraded from the 8+ to the 12 Pro Max before I saw comments about portrait mode issues. My 8 took much better pictures than the 12. Anybody found a fix or trick to taking better portrait mode photos?

    submitted by /u/AwayLingonberry8570
    [link] [comments]

    Portrait orientation problems

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:07 PM PST

    Hello! I was having trouble with the portrait orientation on my IPhone XR. If I turn my phone (horizontally) while I'm watching a video it only flips one way with the power button on top. I want it to flip the other way with the volume buttons on top because I am used to that. I don't know what suddenly caused this problem but it can't be the portrait lock because I've already messed with it a lot to no avail. Is this a setting on my phone? This happening on all apps so it has to be, right? I don't know, any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/NoahFinn05
    [link] [comments]

    wife hates Iphone 8 image handling : any options?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:20 PM PST

    My wife was given an IPhone 8 running IOS 14.4 from her nephew as a replacement for her older Android phone. However, she finds that she hates how the iphone image storage works. Her "recent" gets a photo from the camera or Twitter... and she wants to move it to an album (not copy - move) - and it appears in "all photos". Then in the album, she wants to move the photo to a folder. In both cases the photo remains where it was originally - recent photos or the all photos. Is there an option or another app that would allow her to arrange the photos as if she moved them (original location no longer shows the image).

    submitted by /u/Belhaven
    [link] [comments]

    Ios update error 75

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:08 PM PST

    Hi I have had an iPhone SE the original and haven't updated it in a year or 2. I recently tried to update the phone and am now getting error 75, it's getting the same error trying to do recovery. Made sure iTunes is up to date and even tried the 3u tool to flash the phone but that software also told me problem 75. Also tried other cords. Unsure of what else to try any help appreciated, thanks

    submitted by /u/notaforddriver
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 suddenly turned off and now is unresponsive.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:48 PM PST

    As the title says, my son was watching a YouTube video and the phone just suddenly turned off. It doesn't respond to the charger being plugged in now, doesn't respond to the power button or the reset method of Vol - and Power button. Anybody got a fix for this before I send it away please? It's only around six months old. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/BigMF88
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 alarm volume

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:41 AM PST

    I had an iPhone 7 for way too long, and finally upgraded to a 12 about a month ago. I have always used my iPhone alarm to wake up in the morning, but Apple seems to have changed something about the way the volume works between the 7 and the 12. On my old phone if I had the ringer switch off, the alarm volume would always start at the quietest level and slowly increase until I turned it off. The 12 doesn't seem to care about the ringer switch - it pops on at whatever volume you last used to listen to music or watch a video or whatever. Is there a way to change this, other than remembering to turn the volume all the way down every night when I go to bed?

    submitted by /u/Business-Ad3426
    [link] [comments]

    My phone has a dark blue rectangle that appears on the screen. I definitely did not drop it and I just got the screen replaced. Is it a shitty screen or is there something wrong with my screen connectors?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:12 AM PST

    IPhone 11 Pro creaks when I push the back cover

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:50 PM PST

    My iPhone 11 Pro makes a squeaking noise when I :d touch me screen and I pressure in the back.My wireless charge works as well , is there any other issue ?

    submitted by /u/karlitoni
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my Photos app take up so much storage?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 06:47 AM PST

    After nuking my gallery from 17k to ~500 photos I only went from 90gb to 45gb. I really need to get the size of the photos app down so I can backup my phone.

    submitted by /u/CaffeineLyfe
    [link] [comments]

    HELP, I dropped my iPhone 6s in water and now it won't turn on.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:23 PM PST

    My phone fell out of my hoodie pocket and into my toilet. The screen has all these lines and the colors get inverted sometimes. It won't let me power it off. I cleaned it off with a clorox wipe then got all the water off with a towel. I already put it in some uncooked rice and thats all I've done.

    submitted by /u/Professional-Age8626
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally Deleted Messages-- Help

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 11:56 AM PST

    I was attempting to delete a text thread, but as I was swiping left, a new text came in so I accidentally deleted the text thread below that-- all my messages with my mom which I want to keep. I have messages in icloud, and since everything is synced automatically, they are gone on my devices. Normally I have to swipe left to delete, then confirm a pop up message on the bottom. This time swiping left was enough to delete permanently. I've tried to explain everything below, sorry for the length but I wanted to provide a full picture.

    1) Possible routes to restore, but don't know how to do. I wouldn't want to sync or get anything from these devices other than that one text thread:

    a) My mom has an android, I'm not sure how long she keeps messages, but would she be able to forward me her thread?

    b) I do have an iPad (wifi only) that last backed up in 2019, but it is requiring me to sign into imessages to even click on anything, and I am concerned doing that will cause it to update and lose the thread again. I also tried just connecting it to my MacBook but I had to click "trust" on both devices and once that happened, it said it would sync but I couldn't click on anything else to stop the sync and just access a file so I quickly disconnected.

    c) This is a new phone I got a month ago. I haven't turned on my old phone since I got this new one. I'm concerned turning it on would sync the messages while it was powering on. I'm not sure how I could get the one text thread from there without syncing anything.

    2) I want to receive messages across my devices, but don't want them to be deleted permanently. I can't find a "recently deleted" file anywhere as a backup to restore messages. If I have icloud messages active (because I want everything backed up as I send and receive), am I SOL and there isn't a "recently deleted" type place to look?

    Thank you so much for your help!

    submitted by /u/lazy_thanks13
    [link] [comments]

    2 iPhones with the same Apple ID, is there a way to back these up separately to iCloud?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 11:13 AM PST

    Or could I use 2 Apple IDs and associate the content on each phone to each ID?

    I don't want both devices backing up and mixing photos/apps etc

    submitted by /u/coys_bert
    [link] [comments]

    Home button on iPhone 6 not working

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:49 AM PST

    Could just be my phone is old and needs to be replaced, but the home button on my iPhone 6 stopped working two days ago. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem, any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Mr_V-dog
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 pro max IMessage doesn't activate

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:39 AM PST

    I got my iphone 12 pro max about a month ago, and ever since i got it my imessage and facetime doesnt work, I tried every single thing on the web from turning it off and on to resetting it and signing out of icloud and nothing works. when i turn it on it pops the message "Your carrier may charge for SMS...." like it should , i press ok and instantly i get activation unsuccessful.

    Also when i go in the settings to "Phone" the My Number shows nothing and i cant press it, im thinking this has something to do with why the imessage and facetime dont work.

    I have a regular plan and i do get sms. also i had an iphone 8 a couple years ago and didnt have this problem, i switched to android and now back to iphone.

    i would really love to get some help on this if anybody had a similar issue and did get it fixed.

    submitted by /u/ARKIOX
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Mini Screen too dim outdoors

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:30 AM PST

    Hi all,

    This happens randomly. I've googled about but nothing (white point, auto brightness, True Tone) solves the issue.

    Happened in the SE 2020 and now with the 12 mini (iOS 14.4). I can't see a thing under sunlight and brightness does not increase after 50%. I raise the whole thing, but its the same brightness wether its 50% or 100%. It does not change the brightness level. Below 50% it decreases.

    The thing is, you can't see anything with 50% brightness and midday sun above you. I work outdoors so this absolutely sucks.

    submitted by /u/esquimoh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel