• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 9, 2021

    iPad Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread

    iPad Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread


    Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:00 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the moderation team will do their best to assit you, so consider helping out others in the thread while you wait for assistance.

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related, but not post worthy.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or by using the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before. You can also contact Apple directly and freely through their Apple Support live chat, for real expertise.

    Please, while you wait for an answer to your question, consider giving back to the community by helping out others in this thread


    Click here to see past D&TS threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:00 AM PST

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!

    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you, or if you should buy one in the first place? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard/mouse should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? Are you looking for shipping information? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the moderation team will do their best to assist you.

    Please, while you wait for an answer to your question, consider giving back to the community by helping out others in this thread.

    You may be able to find similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are, someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Click here to see past WSIB threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Pad and Quill case with 2020 iPad Pro

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:35 AM PST

    Battery Replacement iPad Pro 9.7 2016 [My experience]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:03 PM PST

    I've owned my iPad since July 2017 and it's a gem. This iPad became my main device and allowed me to expand the life of my MacBook Air late 2010 (still working, but hoping to upgrade to MBP2020 M1)

    Anyways, needless to say, this iPad is still great and serves me everyday while teaching my students. But because of how much I've exploited it, about 4 months ago the battery bailed on me. It'd only last 50 min unplugged and less than 30 min if I wanted to watch something.

    The iPad was in good cosmetic condition, though it had one scuff that I thought could be a problem to qualify for the battery replacement program but some people here told me that shouldn't be a problem.

    I went ahead and paid the $99 (+tax) and kissed my iPad goodbye.

    Today I got a brand new iPad (same model of course) and I couldn't be happier! It all took less than a week. I wanted to share this in case someone has been considering doing this but is not sure.

    submitted by /u/uncielsansetoiles
    [link] [comments]

    Question about screen mirroring with HDMI

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:08 PM PST

    I'm looking into getting the new iPad Air and one of the functions I'd like to use it for is mirroring streams from a browser to my TV using HDMI. However, as I understand it the iPad mirrors in its native 4:3 resolution, with the exception of some apps/videos that will expand to fill the TV screen. I've seen mixed feedback on this so I'm unsure whether streams from Safari/Chrome will expand to fill the TV while connected with HDMI. Can anyone confirm or deny whether the iPad can mirror these types of videos in 16:9 aspect ratio with a wired connection? Appreciate your help.

    submitted by /u/netflows
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys question for Ipad 6h gen

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:07 PM PST

    I do have 6th gen ipad at 2018 and i like to know if this Ipad is compatible through editing video on 4K/60p

    as i have Fujifilm X-T4 camera i planning to make cinematic video

    the problem is my computer cant handle the video as i only have intel hd graphics 4600 good for editing light room and adobe but not for video

    pls answer and thanks

    submitted by /u/labaduda2nd
    [link] [comments]

    12.9-Inch iPad Pro With Mini-LED Display Said to Launch as Soon as Late March

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:47 AM PST

    You can scroll with two fingers on sidecar mode!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 09:21 PM PST

    Does the Logitech crayon fit in the pencil holder on the iPad Air 4 spigen Tough armor pro case ?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:16 AM PST

    Does the holder for apple pencil on spigen Tough armor pro also fit a Logitech crayon ?

    submitted by /u/Sm1inthewolf
    [link] [comments]

    Anything i’m missing on this list? What would you add?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:23 AM PST

    My experience with shiftscreen.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 09:28 PM PST

    Curious to see if anyone here's working on an iPad desk setup. I've heard a lot of praise for shift screen and with an external monitor myself, I thought I'd finally bite and buy it. Haven't seen a real detailed review that mentions the points I've experienced so I thought I'd share it.

    Pros:
    -It really does fill up the entire screen. No more black bars. It's a dream being able to use the entire screen as those black bars do get a little annoying. Plus, if you spent for a large monitor or in my case, a TV, then you want to use all of that space.
    -The ability to have two different desktops with four 'tabs' each. Essentially 8 windows with four on screen at once.

    - The mouse like cursor is also a nice touch.

    -Web apps. While it doesn't run the full app, web apps like Notion are supported. There are a whole bunch of others too, but I've only sued Notion.

    Cons:

    - Sure I can have 8 tabs open at once but I don't need 8 tabs open at once. At most, I need one or two open at the same time then the rest on standby that I can click to open at a moment's notice.

    - The cursor is limited to what's on the iPad. This, I'm having a little bit of trouble explaining but I'll do my best. Widescreen on the TV means horizontal black bars on the iPad. Not that big of a deal, but if the round cursor on the iPad screen moves up/down into those blackbars, you lose your mouse cursor on your monitor. Worse if you have Shiftscreen in split view on the iPad so your wide screen is crammed into half the size of the iPad screen, or worse if you'd got it in the 1/3 and 2/3 split.

    -An add on to the split screen on iPad note, the widescreen shown on the iPad is smaller, but the cursor doesn't seem to take that into account. Most likely a limitation of the app and the iPad itself, but this means that when I have a whole monitor in front of me, the mouse is actually working off a screen about as wide as an iPhone and two inches tall, maybe? Nudging the cursor moves it an inch on the iPad's screen but all across my monitor, essentially making it super sensitive and unwieldy.

    -A minor note but still a note, drop down menus don't show up on the monitor. You have to look over on the iPad to see the dropdown and touch it there. Not sure if this is a universal thing but it at least happens on some websites.

    -Another minor note, it would've been more intuitive to use the generally accepted keyboard shortcuts. Command T for a new tab is a muscle memory at this point while Command N not only is something new, but it also takes two hands so it's less ergonomic/smooth.

    Conclusion:
    Shift screen is innovative and honestly, apple should've done something similar from the get go, but as promising as it is, its drawbacks are far too limiting to my workflow. If you only need one or two browser windows, it could work for you, but for me, I'll be sticking to Safari. Black side bars be damned.

    submitted by /u/ecksdeeeXD
    [link] [comments]

    App Tips for Teachers

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:27 PM PST

    Anyone here a teacher? I recently splurged and bought myself an iPad Air with no true purpose for my birthday. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on useful tips for grading specifically. Also, any tips on the best ereader to start with? I want to build my library on one app whether that be Books or Kindle-- (I have Apple everything so there is an obvious appeal to using Books.) Overall, just looking for general tips and excited to hear what everyone has to say! TIA.

    submitted by /u/hamdenlocal
    [link] [comments]

    Wouldn’t the Magic Keyboard Scratch the Screen of the iPad?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 10:20 PM PST

    I know that the keys themselves are plastic, but what about the trackpad?

    Isn't it made of glass?

    This came to my mind as I use my iPad without a protector. I wouldn't want the trackpad to damage it.

    submitted by /u/Dyplexate
    [link] [comments]

    Surface Pro User Here: Will iPad ever implement MacOS?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 03:26 PM PST

    I'm still chuggin' along on the 2nd generation iPad from 2010 I believe lol. But my primary laptop is a Surface Pro.. which I like very much.. it's glitchy though and touch screen is not as great as iPad.

    I would completely switch if I got the actually MacOS on the ipad where I can store files .. play files from my ipad to tv ( i know you can do this.. but it's easier on MacOS) and just having the interace in general.

    Surface Pro is basically windows on a tablet. Is there anythingin the works for iPad?

    submitted by /u/reigningnovice
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad smart cover discussion

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:32 PM PST

    Hi, the rules said nothing about dumb questions so here we go.

    iPad smart cover type cases: felt side on the outside or the inside when folded to prop the tablet up.

    I never had one and always thought that the felt side was on the inside when folded to keep the felt clean and not scratch the screen when unfolded but recently got a decoded case and to my surprise the felt apparently goes on the outside when folded.

    That said. How do you guys clean the microfiber felt ?

    submitted by /u/GSC1000
    [link] [comments]

    will I be able to play games from the microsoft store if I remote desktop into a windows machine?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 07:33 PM PST

    I'm thinking about hosting a windows machine on AWS then use jump desktop to remote in...will I be able to play windows games as well?

    submitted by /u/duydoe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel