• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 9, 2021

    Apple Help Umm guys... Why is this not working?

    Apple Help Umm guys... Why is this not working?


    Umm guys... Why is this not working?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:21 PM PST

    My iPhone 7 keeps showing these notf. How to make it disappear? It started when i changed the SIM i used for 2 years. I tried a lot of things. It disappears when i reinsert the old SIM. And My iMessage stops working as u can see in the notf

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:17 PM PST

    lines appeared on MacBook Pro 2017

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:08 PM PST

    Retrieving Contacts

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:08 PM PST

    So I just deleted an email that apparently I had a lot of contacts attached to. Is there anything I can do to retrieve them?

    submitted by /u/TheBasedGod1333
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro earbud internet issue

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:40 PM PST

    So I got my phone recently and it was doing just fine, then out of no where, whenever I plug in my older Apple earbuds, it immediately looses service/the signal bar things. It works when the WiFi is on, but I don't always have access to WiFi. Do I just need new earbuds? Is it an issue with the phone? Help!

    submitted by /u/Username1343638463
    [link] [comments]

    Corrupted Time Machine Volume

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:44 PM PST

    I just bought a new 2 TB hard drive for Time Machine. Today I went to plug it in and it told me the disc could not be repaired. I tried repairing the disk and the volume in Disk utility and that didn't work. Is there anything I can do to get this back?

    I have no reason to believe anything is out of the ordinary, does this seem more like a bad hard drive or more like a weird time machine thing? I was recently saved by Time Machine backups and I do not want to risk putting them on a bad drive.

    For what it's worth i was about 250 GBs into it, I do backups every night and the disk was encrypted

    Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/tom_2_2
    [link] [comments]

    My parents have a Mac mini, is there a way I can remote login from my own computer?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:54 PM PST

    I live in another state and my parents have tech issues all the time. They don't use the computer for anything, just watching movies, but they need my help to download subtitles for them (they're Indian immigrants). So I wanted to be able to login and set up VLC with the subtitles remotely.

    All the remote view apps like teamviewer cost money, but it looks like Macs can login to other Macs for free?

    https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/allow-a-remote-computer-to-access-your-mac-mchlp1066/mac#:~:text=Set%20up%20Remote%20Login%20on,Sharing%2C%20then%20select%20Remote%20Login.&text=Select%20the%20Remote%20Login%20checkbox.&text=Specify%20which%20users%20can%20log,your%20network%20can%20log%20in.

    Does this work well? Anyone have experience with it?

    submitted by /u/abramar
    [link] [comments]

    [New iPhone User] Is there a way to hide Apple ID info (name and email) from people who add you as a contact? How can we make this phone as private as possible?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:48 PM PST

    My wife just bought an iPhone 11 after years of only using Android, and is very freaked out at the lack of privacy in contacts.

    She set up her Apple ID, imported her contacts, and the issue is, when she texts someone, it comes up on that person's phone as either her real legal name or her Apple ID email address, neither of which she wants in the public eye because she's very off the grid. She bought an iPhone specifically because they're supposed to be more private and security oriented than Android phones.

    She only wants people to be able to see her as whatever they have her listed as in their phones, she's very against the sharing of information in any way, especially her personal information with people on her contact lists (name, email, location, pictures, etc).

    Is there a setting to turn this off? If not she's returning the phone. Is there anything else she needs to turn off to make the phone as private as humanly possible?

    submitted by /u/Repulsive-Divide
    [link] [comments]

    I deleted Adobe CC and Citrix. Why are they still in my top menu when I restart?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:37 PM PST

    Just switched from windows to Apple. All in boys. iMac, MacBook, Mac mini, AirPods, iPhone 11, Apple Watch.

    All good so far except for uninstalling programs from the computers. I thought I drag the application to the trash and it's gone, yet I still get Citrix and Adobe CC in my top bar when I restart. I can't open either of them.

    Any help?

    submitted by /u/LawndartAssassin
    [link] [comments]

    Require Assistance! iPhone 12 Cellular Update Failed.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:14 PM PST

    Hi. Recently, when I tried to update my iPhone 12 to the latest version, 14.4.1 it was stuck on verifying update on the lock screen. So I did a hard reset and deleted the iOS update from iPhone storage and tried to update it again but with the same result. Some time later, while I had my SIM card in, the iPhone started saying "No Service" or "Searching." I was getting the "Cellular Update Failed" message and was told that I needed to update my iPhone software to get it working. I tried doing this on iTunes but that failed so I removed the SIM card and tried updating it again on iTunes. This time it worked so I put the SIM card back in after turning the iPhone off, turned it on and made a backup of this latest update just in case. However, now the problem is that I still get the message of "Cellular Update Failed." In the Cellular settings, it says "an update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone" even though it is up to the current version. Some times the Cellular settings page is blank and my iPhone automatically restarts itself everytime I stay on that page.

    Is there anything that I can do to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Edit: Some time after, my iPhone started restarting itself constantly so after a quick google search, I removed the SIM card and that seemed to have stopped it.

    Some solutions I have tried from Google search:

    - Hard resetting iPhone

    - Restore from backup (I backed up before updating iPhone to latest version)

    - Went to Settings > About > Carrier to see for any carrier updates (none)

    - Reset network settings (before & after updating)

    A question I have: Is it safe to reset this iPhone and then restore it from a backup? I'm worried the backup will cause the same issue of "No Service."

    submitted by /u/ieatcrows25
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I still buy a new, unlocked iPhone 11 Pro?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:37 PM PST

    The 12 mini fits in my hand really well but the screen is too small. I want to buy a new 11 Pro but Apple is only selling them refurbished. Does anyone know of a store (not eBay) that still has them brand new? All I can think of is locked versions at AT&T, etc.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RogerSmithII
    [link] [comments]

    Can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get my printer (HP Deskjet 1515) to work on my MacBook (Big Sur 11.2.1).

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:22 PM PST

    Use song sent from friend as alarm tone?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:40 PM PST

    Hi. One song sent from iPhone A to iPhone B. Downloads fine, but can't get it to play as an alarm tone. When I Google I come up with articles from over a year ago.

    Is it not possible to make this song the alarm tone without connecting to iTunes and adding the song to the Music library? Thank you for confirming or correcting!

    submitted by /u/SenorDevil
    [link] [comments]

    What iPhone specific information is transferred/not transferred to replacement devices?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:24 PM PST

    If an iPhone needs to be replaced, do things like the SN and IMEI number transfer over to the replacement? Assuming these things aren't transferred, is there any complications in setting the replacement iPhone back up? (I.e putting a sim in to use with a carrier?)

    Asking because I have an 11 pro max that seems to have a lot of screen flickering on images which might need to be replaced, but was bought second hand and was worrying if the replacement device would be somehow tied to the original device/owner if they stopped paying it off and got it blacklisted.

    submitted by /u/Doodoo1220
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2012 13”. The silver square reading “4R7 226 Y2B” looks fried. How do I fix this and what is it called so I can search for it? The MacBook doesn’t charge and this looks like the cause of the issue.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:24 PM PST

    Searching for the game "Castor man", because of childhood memories

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:58 PM PST

    There was this game I used to play with my friends in middle school called castor man, there was a conveyor belt with castor things on it and there where uranium sticks falling and you hat to put them in the castor thingies before they explode, it was honestly one of the greatest simple games I've played in my life.. But it seems like it just disappeared, I've found the metacritic link but there's not much info. Does anyone of you have an idea how I could get this game or at least what happened to it?

    Here's the metacritic link: https://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/castor-man

    submitted by /u/Yzum4
    [link] [comments]

    Display failed, is there a known solution?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:42 PM PST

    AppleCare+ Coverage on iPadPro ----how long do I have to use it? How many repairs do I get total??

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:29 PM PST

    If I got an iPad on December 31, 2020 and added AppleCare on February 28 and cracked my iPad March 30th, what is my timeline like?

    I have two covered reapairs every 12 months according to Apple. Does that mean I have until Feb 28, 2022 to use them both? Do I get two more after Feb 28, 2022 for the rest of the second year or does AppleCare stop only last 12 months?

    I guess how long is the actual full coverage for accidental/incidental damage and how many repairs do I get total? When would be the last time for me to request a change?

    submitted by /u/DoctorQuinlan
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to delete duplicate contacts in iPhone simultaneously?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:24 PM PST

    I've recently noticed every contact in my iPhone has a duplicate (🙄🙄). I don't know why this happened and want to delete all the duplicates. Is there a way to do this without having to delete each one individually?

    submitted by /u/BlackInsomniac-
    [link] [comments]

    Getting spam group FaceTimes, sometimes from numbers that don’t exist?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:53 PM PST

    I've been getting spam FaceTime calls up to over 20 times a day, and yesterday they called 10 times in 3 minutes. Whenever I hung up, the group would immediately call again. The groups are often over 20 people. I sent a number to a friend to call to ask what's up, and it didn't exist. I'm way too paranoid to call any numbers myself. I've had to turn FaceTime off completely, which unfortunately stops me from FaceTiming my friends or parents who may call or who I've been wanting to talk with.

    What's going on? Is there a way to stop this? Is this some weird new hack, or just some weird spam tactic? Or is this one of those "revenge spam" things like those things you can send like an enemy's number to so they can receive multiple texts a day? What is going on???

    EDIT: wanted to add that sometimes the numbers that call are different than the last, so blocking doesn't so much.

    submitted by /u/Matthias70
    [link] [comments]

    ID PASSWORD RESET

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:55 PM PST

    My sister has an iPhone 11 with an apple id that she doesn't remember the password to and the Sim card that is linked to it is gone also she can't access the email that is linked to it as well, she wants to reset the password but as you can already guess there is no actual way to do so and the biggest problem is that the same id is signed in two other iPhones and now we cant sign her ID out of any of them, my question is is there a way to reset the password? She has the boxes and receipts to all of the boxes, also because the iforgot.apple process actually contacts us through the Gmail linked to the apple id we have no hope of that working. I know how bad this sounds but any kind of advice would help

    submitted by /u/souceorloss
    [link] [comments]

    Back up 2010 Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:43 PM PST

    Hi All hope you are all doing well! Need some help asap as i have a MacBook Pro 13' mid 2010
    And need to back it up as its almost giving up. What external hard drive would be best to get? Anyone who can lend a helping hand would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Benzkitten
    [link] [comments]

    H_ElP PLEASE - APPLE ID

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:23 PM PST

    Back in 2018 i had got my first iPad, stupid and brainlessly i decided to use a third party app (talk atone) to verify my apple id. ever sense then its been perfect i used the number many times for other social accounts to but then my iPad cracked rendering it useless i had so much photos and memories on that ipad and it would mean the world if someone would be able to get that number back ( i forgot it ) so that i could get all my photos and accounts back.

    the phone number hint it gives me is

    (dm me for the apple id email if you think you can get the number)

    (317) _ _ _ - _ 558

    my only other account linked to that number is a tiktok account

    @ jeryn_vicari_

    submitted by /u/thatguy094509
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone solved something similar?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:04 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel