• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 4, 2021

    iPad Maybe some of you with the Magic Keyboard will find this useful. Couldn’t find a reasonable one online, so I made one myself

    iPad Maybe some of you with the Magic Keyboard will find this useful. Couldn’t find a reasonable one online, so I made one myself


    Maybe some of you with the Magic Keyboard will find this useful. Couldn’t find a reasonable one online, so I made one myself

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:47 AM PST

    Anyone Spilled any liquid on iPad Magic Keyboard?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:42 AM PST

    Today I spilled milk on my iPad Pro Magic Keyboard. I was shit scared. I washed it under running tap water and then dried out water using a blow drier.

    My Magic keyboard is working absolutely fine.

    Kudos Apple!

    submitted by /u/Itsyourmatenate
    [link] [comments]

    A genuine question

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:23 PM PST

    How many of you who regularly use computers and stuff for work or whatever ACTUALLY use an iPad as your only productivity device. Like you don't have a laptop or desktop for work (not including gaming PCs lol) and do everything through a (very versatile) tablet.

    submitted by /u/jesusdeletus
    [link] [comments]

    My (disappointed) review of the 11 inch Magic Keyboard as it compares to the Logitech Combo Touch

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:28 PM PST

    I like to use my iPad both as a tablet, and occasionally as a laptop. I figured this case would be a good buy on sale for $199. After buying it I just cannot justify the cost. What sticks out most to me is the low build quality. I have a hard time seeing how this case will even be intact after two years of usage. The material scratches if you even run your fingernail across it. If you are someone who needs a CASE for their iPad, this keyboard is not for you. Truthfully the lack of protection is what brought me to the case. I mostly liked my Logitech Combo Touch that I intended to replace, but the bulkiness caused by the extra protection intended to protect the ipad actually hindered by enjoyment. It made taking the ipad in and out of the keyboard a pain, made it bulkier than my Surface Laptop, and made it heavy and unpleasant to use.While the Magic Keyboard certainly is thinner than the Logitech, it is not by much. It is a centimeter at most. The Magic keyboard is also noticeably lighter. However, despite costing more, in addition to a lower build quality, the Magic Keyboard also lacks functionality. The kickstand design of the Logitech is superbly versatile. I find myself enjoying using the iPad for notetaking even more with the case, as it offers a "drawing mode" that props the tablet display off a table ever so slightly. With the magic keyboard, your choices are 90 degrees upright, to a 30 degree tilt. Beyond that, you need to take the tablet out of the case. The keyboard also lacks the function keys that come with the logitech (Although not having a case engulf the iPad means using the volume keys is not the worst thing in the world)The scissor switches are superb and vastly superior to the logitech keyboard. I actually enjoy writing on it more than I do on my desktop keyboards. The trackpad is a different story. It is very short, and has an awful clicky noise that belongs nowhere on a 300 dollar product.Overall I would be inclined to give this product a positive review if it had been positioned at a lower pricepoint, say 170 MSRP. However, at the price this keyboard sells for, I have an extremely difficult time recommending it. It is less functional than the competition, and has less functionality. If you already own the Logitech Combo Touch, you aren't missing out on much. If you have not yet purchased a keyboard for your iPad, I can only endorse this keyboard if the shortcomings don't bother you, and the ever so slightly lower weight and 2-5milimeters of thickness are worth a hundred dollars to you. For everyone else, I cannot endorse the Logitech Combo Touch enough.

    submitted by /u/ChumPNW
    [link] [comments]

    Does refresh rate really matter?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:19 AM PST

    I'm getting an iPad for my birthday in April. I decided on an iPad Air 4 because I'm getting more into digital drawing and want to use procreate with the Apple Pencil and I just don't like how the iPad 8 charges/pairs because I can be accident prone with some devices. All the videos I've seen of the refresh rates between the pro and air series of 2020 have no super noticeable differences to me until their really slowed down. Does this really matter in the long run?

    submitted by /u/ThrowawayKarensBane
    [link] [comments]

    How New ‘E Ink’ Tablets Combine the Best of Kindles and iPads

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:28 AM PST

    Does apple actually enforce the education discount buying limit?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:57 PM PST

    I figure I could just split the purchase up between two apple IDs, but I was wondering if anyone had ever bought more than three iPads in a year using the education store online. I need to buy a total of 5 iPads soon and qualify for the discount, so I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with that.

    submitted by /u/DarkShard_
    [link] [comments]

    I don't ask for too much Apple...

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:18 AM PST

    In 2021 just give me the current Ipad 8 with a few tweaks

    1. USB C port instead of lightning
    2. Keep the headphone jack and the 128 gb option, Introduce a 64gb option instead of 32gb.
    3. Laminated display like Air (not very necessary but would consider paying 50$ more for it)

    I don't need the extra Air or "Pro" processing power and features. I just need a device I can take notes on and still be able to connect my USB C hub to.....since all computation heavy work is on done my lab desktop/ MacBook Air.

    Having a base Ipad with these features at a price below 450$ makes it attractive for users who are not necessarily part of the apple ecosystem. Such an Ipad fits perfectly for a user who owns an android phone which supports USB C and doesn't want to buy bluetooth headphones as a surcharge. (aka broke college students like me).

    The Air and Pro versions are too expensive to be justified when you consider that Air has features for which 64gb is too low and the 256 gb option is close to 800$ + only support 150 $ Apple Pencil 2 + need bluetooth headphones (of course you will buy AirPods + 130$) = 1000$ !!! I know this is how apple makes money... but damn they will get so many new "lower end" customers if they just tweak their base iPads a little because they are fantastic devices that nail all the basics.

    submitted by /u/akiraexo
    [link] [comments]

    Calendar app with visual widget?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:46 AM PST

    I'd love a calendar widget that shows events as blocks like the native calendar app because I want to see where my breaks are.

    Does anyone know of any?

    submitted by /u/ashgotti
    [link] [comments]

    I polished my Apple Pencil 2. Yea or nay?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:35 AM PST

    Can I get the iPad Pro 13-inch magic keyboard fixed?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:22 AM PST

    I got the newest iPad Pro with the magic keyboard folio a few months ago and I just noticed there is a small tear in the material, between the control key and option key, and it is exposing the plastic inside. Can I get this fixed for free? Can I get it fixed AT ALL? I have Apple Care on the iPad, but I'm not sure that is useful for the keyboard.

    submitted by /u/jdl232
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 3 question

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:17 AM PST

    I'm a musician owning Akai Synthstation 49. Apparently this unit supports 30pin connector only so my only option for this unit are iPad 2 and iPad 3.

    I already have iPad 2 but I'm considering buying iPad 3 if it would be any upgrade performance-wise. From my experience I was looking of iPad 3 as iPad 2 with Retina display, but is it anything more than that (besides heating up more)?

    And I know that people recommend me to stay on iOS6 for iPad 2. What iOS provides optimal performance for iPad 3 in real life?

    submitted by /u/wladymeer
    [link] [comments]

    Usb c to Ethernet

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 11:51 AM PST

    Just wondering, I have an iPad Pro which I think is the 2018 one, it was the first one with Face ID.

    Now on my mesh WiFi I might need to plug an Ethernet cable to configure it when it's set up initially. So can you buy just any usb c to Ethernet adaptor or do you have to get the one apple do?

    For example could I buy this one? Belkin F2CU040btBLK USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (USB-IF Certified, Compatible with MacBook Pro (2016), Dell XPS 13 inch), Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014FBQ738/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_464JGK0FYJKTZV8NNCNN

    submitted by /u/michaelthompson1991
    [link] [comments]

    This is my first concept. What do you think?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:56 AM PST

    toggle kids safe on off

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:06 AM PST

    Hi,

    I've got a new ipad and I'm trying to figure out how to make it safe for my 5 yo kid. Mostly I want to hide youtube when he's on it.

    There are plenty good settings for this, but they seem really complicated to toggle. If i turn them off i have to set it up again? It seems like it's made in a way to encourage me to buy another, separate, ipad just for my kid, instead of sharing one.

    How do you do this?

    submitted by /u/Extremely_Engaged
    [link] [comments]

    One another Apple Pencil case

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:27 AM PST

    One another Apple Pencil case

    Inspired by earlier post here. This is again heat-shrink tubing 8 mm in diameter. There's a visible gap at a flat edge, but in reality it fits tight, feels thin. No need to apply heat (isn't 125 C too much for the device even for a short time?) It does not cover full pencil, but may help avoid magnet stains (not sure though, will see after a while). I got a pack of 20 pcs in different color for 1$-something in a hardware store.

    https://preview.redd.it/n4pdi8d9nzk61.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=21460bca1b8b5fb85a7a305a742ad71c16fc56bf

    submitted by /u/tinydwne
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 10.2” 8th generation screen refresh rate

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:18 PM PST

    Hello, This is a PSA about the 10.2" iPad 8th Generation. When I first got the iPad, the refresh rate of opening and closing apps and swiping and scrolling didn't feel smooth. Even though my iPad and iPhone have the same frame rate (60 HZ), the iPad always felt choppy. It had been weeks since I got it and it was still not that smooth. Since I didn't have that many apps and photos on the iPad, Apple support recommended that I should restore the iPad and it actually fixed the fps issue! Now it is as smooth as 60HZ, the way it should be. If you have this issue and are ok with restoring your iPad then go for it (first, make sure to backup your iPad). (This may also be useful to owners of other iPad models like the 10.2" 7th generation iPad.)

    submitted by /u/joel12mat
    [link] [comments]

    How to download .docx file from google chrome or any browser?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 06:11 PM PST

    Hello, I got an ipad air 4 2 weeks ago and now when I was doing school assignment, I cannot download a .docx file using firefox and google chrome. Is there something I am missing? It is my first IOS device. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Spectator21
    [link] [comments]

    So just a little Question...

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 05:25 PM PST

    So how many of you out there just use your ipad for work purposes only? And if so just alittle curious...I'm looking to turn the ipad into a business machine and not just games, but for work i dont want to merge any of the emails i have because either 1. They are tied to nothing but junk mail and way to many mobile games updates..etc..and so how many of you create a seperate email for things such as work...Also is using the Default Apple Email better than downloading a seperate App...

    submitted by /u/iDR3A
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app/what is the best app for adding/pinning text on gifs?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 05:09 PM PST

    I'm looking to be more creative in my D&D groups and group chats by adding customized gifs. I use ImgPlay which is great for stationary text on gifs but I need something that can follow motion. If there's a ball being thrown, I need the text to track with it. I know there's quite high end apps and programs, I'm more looking for swiftness and something inexpensive if it exists.

    submitted by /u/DrummerDKS
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone got an iPad with a bluetooth keyboard? Could you test something out for me?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:54 AM PST

    Can anyone with an iPad and bluetooth keyboard help me out? Just need to know what the following does:

    Unlock your iPad, and then using the bluetooth keyboard press fn+L and it should lock.

    What I want to know is what the iPad does if you then press fn+L again.

    Does the screen do anything? Does it just stay black?

    Thanks in advance.

    P.S. if you have a bluetooth keyboard with Mac layout, then use cmd+ctrl+q instead for the experiment.

    submitted by /u/SonWutRUdoin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel