• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 10, 2021

    Apple TV Do you think Hulu will EVER give us surround sound on Apple TV?

    Apple TV Do you think Hulu will EVER give us surround sound on Apple TV?


    Do you think Hulu will EVER give us surround sound on Apple TV?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:10 PM PST

    Am I really going to need to keep an extra device plugged into my TV just to watch Hulu movies forever? C'mon man

    submitted by /u/therealhamster
    [link] [comments]

    How important is a TV with Dolby Vision HDR?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:32 AM PST

    With the release of the iPhone 12, Apple has included an option for recording video using Dolby Vision HDR. The AppleTV4K supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision, but not HDR10+ that comes on many televisions sold today (often in lieu of Dolby Vision).

    How important is it for someone in the Apple ecosystem to purchase a television that supports Dolby HDR?

    I've seen a lot of posts about people who run their ATV4K with a Samsung Q80/Q90 that doesn't support it. Are they missing out? Does iPhone 12 recorded DV HDR content playback ok on those televisions?

    Please discuss.

    submitted by /u/elias4444
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K not showing english subtitles

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:05 PM PST

    Watching the film Sicario and realised that the Spanish speaking scenes are no longer subtitled in apple TV. I'm 100% sure they should be as I've seen this film before and there are subtitles for the important Spanish speaking scenes. For example, this scene the Spanish is subtitled. When I watch that in Apple TV 4K those subtitles don't appear. Wondering if anyone has noticed this or is this a problem on my end?

    submitted by /u/LeCareJames
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube controls

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:40 PM PST

    I looked and couldn't find anything for this— I recently switched from an old fire tv to an Apple TV 4K and I really miss the ability to add videos to watch later (or another playlist) from the main YouTube menu without having to go to the video (usually after an ad). Is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to find a comprehensive tutorial to the Apple TV remote and I couldn't figure it out using my iPhone as a remote either.

    submitted by /u/IlClassicisto
    [link] [comments]

    Sonos Arc (non eARC TV)

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:45 PM PST

    Since Apple TV does the decoding and then sends out the signal, rather than passing the signal through, will using an Apple TV 4K with Sonos Arc with a non eARC TV result in worse quality since the TV doesn't pass LPCM?

    For example, when using Roku Ultra, the signal shows as DD+ in the Sonos app for non Atmos Netflix shows and when using Apple TV 4K, the signal shows as DD5.1 in the Sonos app. Is using Apple TV going to always be lower quality when using a non eARC TV or does this not matter? Is there actually a difference here?

    submitted by /u/Steiner29
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have problems with the Hulu Live app on ATV? (also Locast)

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:21 PM PST

    Wasn't sure whether to post it here or in the Hulu Reddit, but it's Apple Tv specific.

    I did check for app updates.

    My Hulu app always works fine when starting fresh, but it seems after watching for a while and then navigating around the app, the app slows down, glitches, etc. For example, sometimes I'll go from watching a channel to the live guide and then to another channel and I'll get the audio from the previous show playing along with the new show at the same time. Force closing the app and reopening it always fixes it, but it gets annoying when it happens.

    I don't have the problem on other TV's with a Firestick, so it's the ATV app on my main TV.

    Actually, I sometimes have a problem with the Locast app also where some channels freeze up, but don't on the Firestick on the same TV.

    submitted by /u/Ocelotsden
    [link] [comments]

    My Siri remote replacement works, except for the dictation function.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:09 PM PST

    I recently replaced my remote for my Apple TV because my old Siri remote was cracked and would perform inputs i didn't want. I paired my new Siri remote pretty easily, no big issues, and it's been working perfectly except for the fact that when I try to use the remote for any sort of voice commands, it doesn't register anything. It's become incredibly cumbersome to have to type out everything in search bars for every app. I looked in the settings and both Siri and Dictation were on, and I couldn't find anyone with the same issue as mine. If you guys have any clue how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Monster1023
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV will not disconnect from Ethernet

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:01 PM PST

    Hi all, I have a 4th gen Apple TV that will not disconnect from Ethernet, despite having no Ethernet cable plugged in at all. I've tried a system reset with no luck. To me it seems like the Ethernet port is fried, not sure how. Is there a way to forcefully disable Ethernet?

    submitted by /u/Silva_Collector
    [link] [comments]

    I didn't think old Apple TV 3G's RCs would work with 4K even though they have missing buttons like in 4K's.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:36 PM PST

    When did Apple allow the remote widget to control Gen 3 ATV’s?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:43 AM PST

    Ever since the control center ATV remote was out I was never able to use it on my Gen 3, but to my surprise I see I can! Anyone know when they did this? Just curious.

    submitted by /u/Pappamayo
    [link] [comments]

    New tv

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:25 AM PST

    I finally got a 4K tv to match my Apple TV 4K. It's a Sony 65" x900h. I am having a problem with glitching when using the ATV. The tv supports Dolby vision and is plugged into an hdmi port that supports it also. It has the new hdmi inputs. I am using the hdmi cord that came with the ATV. My next step is to buy a new hdmi cord. Are there certain settings I need to set up? It worked fine on my previous tv.

    submitted by /u/jakethemotherfucker
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube, Bluetooth Keyboard.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:52 AM PST

    I am sure this is asked a lot but is there any way to use a Bluetooth keyboard with the Apple TV youtube app?? Why does it not just work? We put men on the moon, etc...

    submitted by /u/lightingj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel