• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 10, 2021

    Apple Macbook Mac with extend Monitor - Nice combination

    Apple Macbook Mac with extend Monitor - Nice combination


    Mac with extend Monitor - Nice combination

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:27 PM PST

    My MacBook (M1 air) never goes beyond this after software update. I have to restart it forcefully to get it working. Anyone having this issue?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:30 AM PST

    My M1 MacBook Pro takes forever to charge

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:07 PM PST

    I have had this computer since Around December and it takes 6-7 hours for my computer to charge fully. I didn't realize how bad this was until I asked my friend who has the same computer. I don't think it's a software issue as I have done the smc reset. Can anyone think of what could be happening?

    submitted by /u/NuBoston
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook student discount?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:27 PM PST

    Do you guys know until when will the student promo for mac purchase be available?

    submitted by /u/General_Membership_1
    [link] [comments]

    Noise removal for online meetings (Zoom, Teams, etc.)

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:47 PM PST

    Hi, I have created a free Mac plugin for noise suppression in online meetings (works in Zoom, Discord, Google Meet, Teams): https://utterly.app/.

    Please, check it out and give me some feedback. I use it a lot myself and find it pretty helpful in cutting all noises that I have in my apartment when I have Zoom calls.

    The coolest thing is that it uses AI that does inference locally on your device, so you don't have to worry about privacy (your data never gets uploaded anywhere and always stays on your device).

    submitted by /u/benur8
    [link] [comments]

    A heads-up: be careful when it comes to selected external HDs for your M1

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:28 PM PST

    This has not gotten enough press/coverage, so I thought it might be of use to people looking to get a Mac (as well as to share any solutions, if these exist). Samsung T5 and T7 drives in particular seem affected, but I have also seen issues raised regarding Seagate and WD drives.

    I have two M1s and my T5 drive will not transfer files to either. Sometimes the drive is not even recognized. You may think it's the drive, but it works perfectly well with a 2017 Air running Sierra and a 2015 Air running Catalina.

    As to solutions, some have said that getting a powered USB hub solves these issues. The suggestion seems to be that the USB ports on the M1 are under-powered.

    submitted by /u/bohmagari
    [link] [comments]

    Backing up devices onto an external harddrive

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:21 PM PST

    Hi :) so my knowledge is very basic but please don't be mean.

    I have an external harddrive (I can only afford one for now) that I want to use to back up 4/5 devices. I've only done one so far and the way I got it onto the external hd was with a library code thing to put in spotlight.

    Is there an easier way? I'm not used to not having iTunes!!! So now without iTunes, is there a way to have the devices all, eventually, automatically backup onto the harddrive so I don't have to find and drag files each time?

    If there's something I'm doing wrong, please tell me. I don't want to mess anything up.

    A related question that I hadn't thought about..I haven't checked or googled so this may be an obvious answer but just thought I'd chuck this in just in case.

    I'm not great with iPhoto and I've no idea what to expect with the new updates. My question is the same as above. Can I have my pictures backed up through iPhoto automatically onto an external HD?

    I'm sorry if any of this doesn't make sense, I've used the best words I know of! 😅 thank you for any help or advice you can give, I appreciate every kind word :)

    Ps. Please let me post this here. I don't know where else I'd go and I hate getting the run around :(

    submitted by /u/ThePrincessSnowy
    [link] [comments]

    How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to M1 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:19 PM PST

    MacBook Air M1 chip cursor jumps

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:39 PM PST

    New MacBook Air M1 chip cursor jumps- deletes text I'm typing. Or just moves elsewhere on screen. Happens in multiple apps. Have fixed EVERYTHING- hardware and software- then got replacement new computer- still same problem!

    Ideas?

    submitted by /u/Helpful-Moose-4102
    [link] [comments]

    Mac terminal¿

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:39 PM PST

    Does anyone know the command to use in terminal to change the time and date to (CET) gmt+1? I reset my Mac, but now i cant download macOS again because it wont Get verified when its stuck on 2. jan 2020

    submitted by /u/martesoen
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of ditching my iMac

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:17 AM PST

    My M1 MacBook air is so fast that it makes my 2017 iMac (27 inch, 5K) feel so slow.

    I'm thinking of selling the iMac and getting a 27-inch display for the MacBook and just going with that setup for my home office.

    Can anyone see any reasons that this would be a bad idea? Or point out problems I might not be seeing with this plan?

    submitted by /u/maugustus
    [link] [comments]

    Any M1 MacBook user?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:33 PM PST

    Hi, I'm about to buy an M1 MacBook Pro, but I have a few questions about roseta. Since here in with America Apple products cost twice as much as in the US, I want to be sure I will be able to use it. If you been using an M1 Apple, please let me know so I can ask you. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/MoleroInTheBrain
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Pro 2017 has started glitching colors on screen

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:33 AM PST

    Over the past 3 days, my MacBook Pro (2017 15" model) would randomly glitch the screen and have really harsh pink and green shapes on my screen. almost like the white highlights would turn pink and the midtowns on the screen would turn green. I took a screenshot of my desktop when it was like this to see if it was just the software and it still looked glitchy in the screenshot, then when I went to upload the image, the screenshot was fixed and looked normal...

    any ideas on what this color glitch is? I'm a video editor who is screen recording a lot of interviews during COVID and I'm worried this glitch will appear in one of my recordings.

    submitted by /u/stephenhawkingruns
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook won’t unlock with Apple Watch

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:49 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    So I've now updated my M1 MBA and it STILL won't unlock via my watch. Watch is up to date too (S4.) I heard this was a glitch with the last update but the current one hasn't fixed it.

    Is this happening to anyone else? I'd really like to have this option if possible, especially since I'm always wearing my watch!

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ManateeJamboree
    [link] [comments]

    macbook air m1 4k60hdr ?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:23 AM PST

    Hello

    I'm interested in the air m1 macbook to work but also to entertain myself with some videos. I watch a lot of youtube content and I wonder if this air m1 macbook is powerful enough to decode HDR and typically 4k60 videos. I know it's not a standard but I would like a laptop with a minimum performance for the future.

    Could someone among the happy owners tell me if this is possible ? with Safari, chrome or another browser it doesn't matter.

    Thank you in advance for your answers.

    submitted by /u/Dragonlord_57
    [link] [comments]

    Soooo the SSD swapping issue... No update?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:37 AM PST

    Did Apple basically decide not to address the issue?

    submitted by /u/SonWutRUdoin
    [link] [comments]

    Why does CMD+Q not actually force quit apps, they still appear active in the force quit box?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:53 AM PST

    So I have a problem where if I quit an app via CMD+Q (you would think it would force quit) it doesn't actually quit the app and if I then go to the force quit box it says that they are still active and so to quit my apps properly I'm having to go to force quit window and then manually force quit each application.

    Is there anyways to fix this or is this just an Apple thing I'm going to have to live with?

    Thanks in advance 🙏

    submitted by /u/TappinRS18
    [link] [comments]

    Ever wonder how MacBook Pro is like vs the Dell XPS 13? ��

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:10 PM PST

    Excessive battery drain during sleep over WiFi (30-50% overnight)

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:11 AM PST

    I've got a 13in 2019 MBP. Got multiple WiFi connections at home.

    Upon testing with connection 1, I lose as much as 30-50% battery during 8-10 hours sleep.

    Upon testing with connection 2, I lose practically nothing.

    With WiFi disabled, I lose practically nothing.

    Using connection 1, I've observed several thousand packets being sent/received by a process called mDNS responder.

    Apple says WiFi is at fault, WiFi company says Apple is at fault. Any clues as to how I can resolve this?

    submitted by /u/NikolaCagestein
    [link] [comments]

    my dad spilled hot sauce on his new mac book air m1

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:29 AM PST

    so he was adding spices to his ramen and he spilled some of it on his keyboard and his delete key , volume up key, and power button and now the keys feel sluggish and stiff. what is the best way to clean out the underside of keys

    submitted by /u/No-Pen-5324
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook M1 upgrade storage

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:50 AM PST

    So I haven't seen a specific answer yet I just want to make it clear. Is it POSSIBLE to upgrade the ram on a Macbook air M1. YES YES I KNOW, ITS SOLDERED ONTO THE LOGIC BOARD. But assuming you knew how to solder and had access to an SSD the right size with larger storage, can you upgrade the ssd without any issues?

    submitted by /u/green_jesus_42069
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel