• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 10, 2021

    iPhone What iPhone specific information is transferred/not transferred to replacement devices?

    iPhone What iPhone specific information is transferred/not transferred to replacement devices?


    What iPhone specific information is transferred/not transferred to replacement devices?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:26 PM PST

    If an iPhone needs to be replaced, do things like the SN and IMEI number transfer over to the replacement? Assuming these things aren't transferred, is there any complications in setting the replacement iPhone back up? (I.e putting a sim in to use with a carrier?)

    Asking because I have an 11 pro max that seems to have a lot of screen flickering on images which might need to be replaced, but was bought second hand and was worrying if the replacement device would be somehow tied to the original device/owner if they stopped paying it off and got it blacklisted.

    submitted by /u/Doodoo1220
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 annoying burn-in and flickering.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:23 AM PST

    Does anyone else here have these issues? I know that the flickering has been discussed multiple times, but I swear that ever since I upgraded to 14.4.1 the flickering has gotten worse- I can't even watch anything with the color black when the lights are off because it's so annoying just noticing the screen flicker from green to black every second (and I literally mean every second- it's like a strobe light at this point. I tried to take a video but my mom's iPhone 7 can't capture it.)

    Furthermore, I'm seeing burn in already; I can see some very vague and light app-icon shaped boxes burnt in when I go on a grey screen such as YouTube before it loads. The apps with white backgrounds, such as Google Photos, have left the biggest marks. It's even more annoying because it's not like I just constantly leave it powered on and just sit on the home screen doing nothing; I don't even know how there's burn in already.

    What do I do? Will Apple replace the phone if I bring it to them? First off, I'm worried because Apple are acting like it's a non-issue. I'm also worried that the people at the Apple store might say they don't see anything wrong, or that even if I get a replacement 12 it'll have the same issues. It's on a 30 month AT&T contract, and it's also from the first batch of 12s which may be why there are quality issues. I had preordered it and it arrived on October 23, the first day they started being delivered.

    I should have stayed with my 8 Plus, that thing was a tank.

    submitted by /u/aidbal42
    [link] [comments]

    Will photos/vids still backup to my Mac with offload enabled?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:20 AM PST

    Pretty straight forward question, I did the offload option as the 512GB of storage space was getting maxed out... I have icloud but for reasons I want to do a full backup of my iphone to my Mac, will the photos/vids still backup even though they're "offloaded?"

    Thanks in advance to those who answer.

    submitted by /u/heistheonlyking
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 12 doesn't charge from wire

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:28 PM PST

    I was using my phone and after noticing my battery was low I connected it to a car charger. The instant I connected the wire my phone shut off. It wouldn't turn on until I held the side button for 30 seconds. After that it would not charge from any cable that I had, even the ones I had at home. It still charged wirelessly perfectly fine. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Chemical_Imagination
    [link] [comments]

    Broke my screen, top half wont detect touches....how do I unlock my phone?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:43 PM PST

    Iphone 8, iOS 14.

    I only have a pin, no fingerprint, face anything else. I can only enter the first 2 digits of my pin, the other two are in the unresponsive part of the screen. I have tried.

    1. Mashing the screen really hard to get it to recognize touches (it wont, or spams something a ton and registeres as a wrong pin)
    2. Connecting a USB keyboard (can't, because you can't use USB accessories without unlocking the phone)
    3. plugging the phone into my imac that uses the exact same apple ID and has previously backed up the phone (requires unlock, can't access anything)
    4. plugged the phone into windows (requires unlock)
    5. Tried to use Siri to turn on Voiceover so I can supposedly use the working part of the screen like a small trackpad to click on the parts that don't work (I disabled Siri a long time ago because I hate it, so it doesn't even launch)

    Any more I can try?

    submitted by /u/Finchypoo
    [link] [comments]

    Update using cellular data??

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:11 PM PST

    I'm trying to update an app, I'm connected to wifi and it keeps prompting me to download over cellular data ie "download ..... using cellular data?" I click the wifi later option and it doesn't download. Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/jinxpen
    [link] [comments]

    A block of my photos are just blocks of various shades of pink. My new photos and old photos appear to be fine. But a two week stretch has turned all pink. I tried restarting didnt help

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:59 PM PST

    Help

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:19 PM PST

    Every time i send someone a TikTok above the TikTok a message like "Hey, you have to check this video out!" Or "Must Watch!" Pops up... do I have a virus???

    submitted by /u/SheScreaminMike
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to transfer only some items between an old iPhone and a new iPhone?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:09 PM PST

    I'd like to carry over my iCloud Keychain passwords, photos, and texts but none of my other settings. I'd like a "clean start" in hopes that it will fix some of my bugs from always restoring from an old phone (for example, I can't click on any google ads because I had some kind of hosts blocker 3 phones ago).

    Is it possible to backup my phone, erase it, and set it up as a new iPhone and then import select things?

    submitted by /u/gibbler
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max restarts/shuts off upon pressing side button

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:07 PM PST

    Whenever I press side button, either the phone shuts off or restarts. Sometimes it does restart on its own. I have restored the phone in recovery as well as DFU mode via iTunes. And still same thing presists.

    So, I am wondering if its a hardware issue. I did not drop the phone. Could it be hardware issue?

    submitted by /u/AltruisticAbalone381
    [link] [comments]

    Is 256GB too much?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:57 AM PST

    Hi

    I'm planning to get an iPhone 12 Pro and i'm not sure if i should get it in 128GB or 256GB.

    Currently, I'm using an iPhone 11 with 64GB and I have to consistently delete my photos and apps to make sure I have some extra space. My storage space now is at 53.2GB/64GB used.

    Is anyone using a 256GB iPhone and feels that the storage space is too much? Or do you think that more storage space is always better?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ksamatsu
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to use a lens protector for the 12 Pro Max triple camera setup? I got one to avoid dust gathering on my phone’s camera

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:30 PM PST

    iphone 8 camera issues

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:20 PM PST

    I have an iphone 8, and just recently the back camera started to malfunction. As soon as I open the camera app, or any other app that uses the camera, it is immediately black (and the little green/orange dot in the top right corner goes away). First instance of the issue was trying to capture a check for my banking app. The front camera works just fine.

    I have tried restarting the phone a few times, and have been reading advice on the apple website but nothing so far has been effective. I really don't want to have to buy a new phone at this point.

    Any advice is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Dragonfruit487
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 8 front facing camera showing a green screen?? help !

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:18 PM PST

    My back face camera is fine and showing everything as i would expect but then i flip it and the front facing camera just shows a dark screen, ive tried this in the camera app, instagram and snapchat and all the same result. Ive also restarted my phone and wiped it clean.

    i got this iphone 8 secondhand off ebay from a good rated seller, luckily they have a 12 month warranty 😔 but if theres an easier fix to this id like to know! ive tried restarting. its not new but it seems to be in really good condition other than whatever is happening here. also im on the latest version of ios. please help ! if u need anymore info pls lmk , i couldnt add a photo :(

    submitted by /u/sanrio-angel
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, what to do when you try to Share your internet connection to a xbox but not working? It dont show up.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:10 PM PST

    Considering iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max but scared by stories of connection issues... Do you experience them?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:53 PM PST

    I was ready to rumble and purchase, but I've stumbled across some horror stories about connection issues on various iPhone 12 models. Most of the stories and posts seem to be from a little over 3 months ago... Is this still a thing? I'm hoping maybe now it has been resolved!

    submitted by /u/AnAppleWithInternet
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone activation lock

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:06 PM PST

    I recently acquired a iPhone but can't do anything with it because of activation lock. So I took it to the apple store and they said they can't do anything because I don't have the initial purchase receipt. So does anybody have any back door ways to get around this?

    submitted by /u/coochieslayr
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone behave in two different ways sometimes. Apps opening transition sometimes from centre and sometimes from right to left. Apps opening right to left transition is fast as compared to centre. I have screen recording but unable to upload here.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:42 AM PST

    What can I do with the dreaded spots on my iPhone 7 (Jet Black)?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:55 AM PST

    So, I got an iPhone 7 since the day it came out. O2 also gave me a case to use alongside it and it has been the only case on the phone since. After upgrading to a XR, I started using the 7 as a secondary phone. Because I don't need to protect the phone that much anymore as it won't leave my house I decided to use the phone naked. But those spots on the back are soooo annoying and just trigger me for some reason. I've tried everything and they aren't coming off, is it worth doing a back case replacement or should I just get a skin or something. btw I'm not comfortable doing a case replacement myself because I tend to lose screws when doing repairs. How much would a housing replacement cost in the UK and would it be worth it considering it's a second phone?

    submitted by /u/noimaginationlol
    [link] [comments]

    Change double click side button?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:33 AM PST

    I no longer have State Farm and for some odd reason my insurance card comes up with the double click button on the side. I know you access it via accessibility, but how can I change it?? This is driving me straight crazy

    submitted by /u/JPull07
    [link] [comments]

    How to Tell Which Country iPhone is From ?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:23 AM PST

    Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy an iPhone and have been checking on sites such as Amazon and eBay. I live in the UK therefore prefer a UK model. Is there anyway of knowing that the iPhone is a UK model by any chance? Having said that, is there actually any difference in getting a model from overseas? Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/Dream-Chaser123
    [link] [comments]

    “iPhone is disabled Connect to iTunes”, is retrying the update option any useful?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:31 AM PST

    I forgot my iPhone passcode, now it shows "iPhone is disabled Connect to iTunes"

    As I connect it to iTunes, it gives me 2 options: update (that might not work, but saves my data), and restore (erases my data, which I DO NOT want). I tried the update option, but it didn't solve the problem...

    My question is, is retrying the update option any useful?

    submitted by /u/M-Saga
    [link] [comments]

    T-Mobile locked Iphone

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:29 AM PST

    Hello friends!

    I have an iPhone that meets all unlocking criteria that Tmobile asks for. I have then tried calling tmobile to unlock the phone, then going in store, then went in store again to ask them to call to have both in store employees and over the phone employees unlock my phone together. I have not been successful in any attempt to unlock the phone.

    I'm honestly at a loss, because I wanted to give my phone to my boyfriend who can not afford a new phone, but he has ATT, so he can't use it. I have a $400 phone that just isn't useable.

    I would appreciate any help, and I would appreciate being told where to go if this isn't the appropriate place to ask. I just want to do a nice thing for my boyfriend :(

    submitted by /u/OrionStars3
    [link] [comments]

    Mirroring iPhone 12 Pro Max to iMac via cable

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:23 AM PST

    I'm trying to connect my 12 pro max to an iMac of 2012 through cable because the refresh rate of AirPlay was pretty bad. I'm trying to mirror my phone screen on the monitor with as high refresh rate as possible so I can stream a videogame.

    I use this from the phone: https://www.noon.com/uae-en/lightning-to-hdmi-hdtv-av-tv-cable-adapter-2meter-red-black/N18874960A/p?o=a67da70b56fbad0c and it works fine with every TV. But to go from HDMI to the iMac, I needed another adapter https://www.noon.com/uae-en/mini-displayport-to-hdmi-adapter-thunderbolt-2-0-4k-mini-dp-to-hdmi-adapter-cable-black/N43500219A/p?o=e4c9e50de5a9cc2b.

    So long story short, the iMac doesn't recognize any Thunderbolt input, It's Catalina 10.15.7.

    I've tried APowerMirror and other WiFi mirror apps but the refresh rate is horrible. Not really watchable with COD: Mobile. Direct streaming from the phone online is very glitchy, and having the feed through a third party stream app is better anyway.

    submitted by /u/DaLyon92x
    [link] [comments]

    What'sup with my sound and vibration?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:44 AM PST

    Can't understand what's happening. Anyone with same experience? I have almost overslept twice and missed several important notice. My phone without reason time to time doesn't vibrate on alarms. then some time I noticed I got a message from messenger. Or a notice from my calendar. And the sound doesn't appears before I unlock the screen with face Id. I'm having a iPhone 11. On ios 13. And no, I will not try to upgrade.

    submitted by /u/hedztrem
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel