• Breaking News

    Friday, March 5, 2021

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread


    Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Show your Homescreen iOS support thread for /r/iOS. Join our Discord room for support: DiscordNote: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience. Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Twitter CFO says Apple is ‘leveling the playing field’ with iOS 14 privacy changes

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:59 PM PST

    Apple Clarifies How Siri Music Service Settings Work in iOS 14.5

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:24 AM PST

    Anyone else not like the way this is works? Very unintuitive.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:40 PM PST

    iPhone wont scan photos in the “people”section in iOS 14.4. Any fixes?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:03 AM PST

    Safari web browsing dark mode?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:15 AM PST

    Hi all, do you know if there's a setting or something like the Firefox plugin Dark Reader to 'convert' webpages into a fake dark mode?

    submitted by /u/Virminsul
    [link] [comments]

    Apple releases third public beta of iOS 14.5, here’s what’s new

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 11:00 PM PST

    My Apple ID is being used on a device I don’t own (?)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:52 PM PST

    So, just 3 months ago I switched from android to iPhone and revived my Apple ID that I hadn't used in many years, since early iPod and iTunes days.

    After setting everything up, I saw that my Apple ID is signed into 3 devices: my iPhone, my Windows laptop, and a MacBook Pro 13". Only thing is, I do not own this MacBook Pro, and I cannot recall ever signing into my Apple ID on a MacBook; not even a friend's. I've never had any situation where I did so.

    It was odd that it appeared there right away from the beginning of me using my new iPhone. It is also odd that the listed "version" is macOS 10.4.6, which I believe came out many many years ago and isn't even maintained anymore.

    I plugged the serial number (listed next to the device in my settings) into Apple's website to see more details, and there it also says the year of the MacBook Pro is 2020. So how could it be running an outdated macOS version then?

    I'm just trying to figure out what this could possibly be. I am about to "remove" it now, but it says it will reappear if I'm still signed in on it and it is active.

    Any ideas of how this could happen or how to make sense of this?

    submitted by /u/bluejedi24
    [link] [comments]

    Why are notifications turned on for literally everything by default? Does anyone really want 30 Lock Screen notifications and a banner every 5 seconds?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:09 AM PST

    This has always puzzled and frustrated me. Just another one of the many glaring poor design choices in iOS.

    It makes absolutely no sense to force people to manually turn off all of these intrusive unnecessary notifications for their lesser used apps. The only thing I need immediate notifications for are calls and messages. I can check emails and social media on my own.

    The dumbest part is that most people are too dumb or oblivious to fix this issue or to put their phone on silent, so they constantly get annoyed when their phone dings every 3 minutes. Ultimately this makes for a poor user experience so I'm not sure why Apple still has not fixed it.

    submitted by /u/Uncle-Buckwild
    [link] [comments]

    Help requested with Emergency Alerts

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:34 PM PST

    So, I live in New Zealand and we get alerts on our phones whenever there is a change of COVID Alert Level or, just today, a tsunami warning, etc. They arrive on my phone with no problems, with the loud alert noise, but I can't find a way to shut it up without dismissing the message. This isn't helpful if I am not able to read the message immediately; for example, while I'm driving.

    My question is, how do I keep the Emergency Alert messages for later? Others in my family all have Android phones and the Emergency Alert messages end up in their message app, is there something similar in iOS?

    submitted by /u/Shadewing00
    [link] [comments]

    Is Altstore safe to use?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:40 AM PST

    Hello guys! I have switched to iphone after using android for a long time. Although I was very happy with android I now want to try IOS experience. But the only thing I really miss is youtube vanced, after quick search I found out that there is a way to install similar app to IOS without jailbreak by Altstore. Now I want to ask that if anybody uses it and is it safe app? Many users say that they use altstore with dummy apple id but to be honest I dont want to create second apple id, would it be problem if I use it with my main, and what can be consequences if somethig goes wrong? Thank you in advance for your answers!

    submitted by /u/Albert_Agarunov
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if it is possible to remove this bedtime sleep | wake up alarm section?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:52 AM PST

    Is there a way to remove yourself from a group text?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:02 PM PST

    I was added to a group text I don't want to be in. I understand I could ask them to create a new group, but if that isn't an option is there a way to just make myself not be in it anymore? If it matters, some of the users are android users. Also, I know I can mute the conversation, but I don't want it popping up at all.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/TotallyFakeLawyer
    [link] [comments]

    Plz help

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 11:23 PM PST

    So I changed my voicemail greeting and my mom was heartbroken that I didn't save it so is there a way to retrieve it

    submitted by /u/Dogeypup
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:54 AM PST

    For now I am a Spotify user and I wanted to know what I will lose or have more if I switch to Apple Music.

    submitted by /u/SuicideThieves
    [link] [comments]

    Empty space instead of the keyboard

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:41 AM PST

    Empty space instead of the keyboard

    Hi everybody,

    something weird is happening on my "new" refurbished iPhone 8 Plus, (MQ9N2Y/A) and by googling I couldn't find anything similar.

    When I click on a field, instead of the numeric keyboard, a white space pop up.

    In the screenshot below, using the Revolut app, you can see the result of clicking in the numeric field "0€" which should show the keyboard below the big button at the bottom ("Invia").

    Am I the only one experiencing this kind of bug?

    Should I send it straight back to customer service or you guys have ideas on what is going on here?

    Thank you in advance.

    https://preview.redd.it/cdan2oh8t6l61.jpg?width=1152&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1410e25122435f05157a91560111e1481c0ffded

    submitted by /u/KusherOG
    [link] [comments]

    Thousands of Android and iOS Apps Leak Data From the Cloud

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:38 AM PST

    Help, please! My apps are all gone after restoring from backup. How do I get them all back? [Support]

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:42 PM PST

    I restored my device from a backup (encrypted on Mac, not iCloud). All of my apps are gone. aren't they supposed to connect and download again when connected to wi-fi? I waited two hours and nothing happened so I restored from backup again and nothing has happened. I remember from previous restores that my apps redownloaded back to their original location on my phone.

    Do I have to manually download every app again to the spot that it was in previously? Is this supposed to happen?

    submitted by /u/ResidentPulse
    [link] [comments]

    Waiting for the day when im able to type on a website and see what im typing or scroll through the website properly XD. 11ProMax latest ios.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:55 PM PST

    iMessage ‘Send as Text Message’ labeled ‘Not Delivered’ (with red exclamation point), but recipient receives green text message anyway

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:09 AM PST

    hi all, currently having problems with my iphone 11. it's at ios 14.4 atm.

    whenever i send a text through imessage, long press, then send as 'text message', imessage tells me after a few seconds that it has not been delivered. however, the recipient of the message still gets the text message (green colour).

    i've verified that the phone number indicated in settings > phone > my number is correct, and i've tried logging in and out of my icloud account, toggling imessage on and off, and restarting my iphone, but sadly this still persists.

    if the input box is defaulted to 'text message', no such error occurs; it's only when it's defaulted to 'imessage' is when i get them.

    should i just turn off imessage completely? thanks

    submitted by /u/-rosemallow
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting bug where only stock apps are sorted into the app library. I kinda like it!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:20 PM PST

    iOS 14 doc preview widget

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 07:28 PM PST

    Is there an iOS app with widget that will show a document preview? For example of a pdf file?

    It would work similar to apple's note widget but just for other docs.

    submitted by /u/asc1894
    [link] [comments]

    Memoji Buttons don’t work sometimes. Anyone know how to fix it?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:41 PM PST

    How do I get rid of the faint circle below calculator?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:18 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel