• Breaking News

    Friday, March 5, 2021

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion


    Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:00 AM PST

    Anything you view or consume media wise is fair game

    submitted by /u/redditisnowtwitter
    [link] [comments]

    ‘Ted Lasso’: Sarah Niles Joins Season 2 Cast Of AppleTV+ Comedy

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 11:34 AM PST

    YouTube finally updated on the Apple TV!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:10 PM PST

    Finally it matches YouTube on everything else

    submitted by /u/Lucinosferatu
    [link] [comments]

    CBS/Showtime bundle still available as Paramount+/Showtime

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 07:39 AM PST

    /r/appletv hit 200k subscribers yesterday

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:00 PM PST

    This is getting ridiculous.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:27 AM PST

    Who here is still using old Apple TV models like third generation and older?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:57 AM PST

    If so, then what do you use it for? Mirroring? Do its old online apps still work beside its YouTube?

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    Disappointed in the “New” Paramount+ App

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:05 PM PST

    I always thought the CBS All-Access app was one of the most poorly designed apps for streaming services, especially for browsing and discovery. I was hoping that the new branding would include a major app redesign, but it's basically the same app.

    Very disappointed. They missed a chance to improve things.

    submitted by /u/BruteSentiment
    [link] [comments]

    Plex Now Integrates With Apple’s TV App on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:53 AM PST

    Possibly a fix for account pic not showing in control panel

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:51 PM PST

    TLDR: make sure your contact card uses your iCloud account and not one synced elsewhere

    Account pics has never worked for me, maybe it worked the first 2 days after the os update it came with but otherwise never worked. I went through everything that had my pic to make sure it was synced to me, resigned into account on ATV...tried all the other fixes but nothing worked. I was using google for my contacts and my card but decided to move everything to iCloud today and reset my card...now my pic shows on the ATV

    submitted by /u/dp917
    [link] [comments]

    Feature Request: Per App Volume Control

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:50 PM PST

    I've read a lot of issues on this forum, and I've had my fair share of apps that are higher or lower volume. Music app is higher than most others, my cable's app is far lower. Apple TV makes it easy switching between apps, but it is infuriating that you need to adjust the volume when on the same input like we are.

    I could understand if you were switching between a cable box and a PlayStation or something but it's entirely in Apple's control to regulate this or give us the option to raise or lower any app a few dB as we please. Cmon Apple, make it happen!

    submitted by /u/Craig85311
    [link] [comments]

    Tip: Clicking the very top left of the Siri Remote in the YouTube app rewinds 10 seconds.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:03 PM PST

    Is there any way to clean up the Apple TV app?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:35 PM PST

    I'd love to remove content from streaming services I don't subscribe to. This doesn't seem possible but I wanted to confirm.

    submitted by /u/the_real_orange_joe
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any alternative (jailbreak?) OSes for 3G AppleTV to play YouTube videos without AirPlay?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:16 PM PST

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV won't turn on

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 11:05 AM PST

    Hello there,

    I've been experiencing a problem with my AppleTV 4th gen lately. It turns itself off after approximately 10 minutes of inactivity (sleep mode set to 10 hours) and when I try to wake it up it doesn't work. I can't turn it on even if I put it to sleep mode myself. It doesn't respond to the remote neither that remote app on iPhone. I have to unplug it from power then it turns on when connected back. After that everything works perfectly (remote and the app) until it turns off again. It doesn't turn off when I'm watching something.. Netflix or YouTube.

    Anyone experiencing this? I did reset with that update option, re-paired the remote device... nothing helped. Thanks for advice :)

    I guess it knows that I want that 4K version and wants to help me buy it by this behaviour :D

    submitted by /u/Bohdalka
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung - Dolby Vision

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:13 AM PST

    I can't seem to find the answer to this, so apologies of this has been posted before!

    If I get a Samsung NEO QLED, which doesn't support Dolby Vision. Then I go to watch a film on the Apple TV that is shown as DV. will it display in a real standard HDR or fall back to SDR?

    submitted by /u/antiferous
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need a Siri remote to set up AppleTV?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:00 AM PST

    My friend gave me his unused Apple TV HD, but he didn't have the Siri remote, so it's just the hardware. Do I actually need the Siri remote for the initial setup, or would the $19 Apple remote work? Would rather not spend $59. I had hoped I'd just be able to use my phone.

    submitted by /u/hotsauce513
    [link] [comments]

    blocking app downloads

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:42 AM PST

    Is there a way to restrict app downloads on Apple TV (4th gen)? I've been looking at general -> restrictions and don't see it. (I see iTunes store option, but that's different from app store, right?)

    Just want to prevent my kids from adding apps—or adding them and deleting them before we notice.

    submitted by /u/imma-n00b
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4k Quality Problems

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:51 AM PST

    I'm on my 3rd Apple TV 4K unit. I bought my first one in November and had to return it when it stopped displaying video. I tried all of the advice I found online, like holding Menu and volume buttons etc. I tried it with 3 different HDMI cables, on 4 different HDMI ports on my TV. Nothing.

    Apple support let me exchange it for a new unit, which worked for a few days before showing the same issue (no video output, despite working display light). I returned it again and they sent another replacement.

    This one worked for 2 weeks or so. I had to adjust a lot of the settings because the screen kept going blank for 30-second intervals (every 10 min or so), but I got it mostly working for a little while before encountering the same issue.

    Has anyone else encountered this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I've been an Apple user since iPod Nano, so I'm really surprised at how bad this product is. In my experience, Apple stuff usually just works. Unless I'm missing something, this product is garbage.

    submitted by /u/mrmetr0p0lis
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Audio not playing until I switch HDMI

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:25 AM PST

    So for the past few weeks I've been having this really weird issue where i turn it on, and it will not play the audio with the video I'm watching and it won't play unless i switch it into a different hdmi outlet EVERY TIME. So for example: I have it plugged into HDMI 1, turn it on, and no audio. so i took the hdmi cable out the the TV and put it in HDMI 2 instead. SOMETIMES it will start working, but not always. So in the case that switching to HDMI 2 doesn't work, I switch back to HDMI 1 and it's working again. I've tried multiple HDMI cables and it doesn't seem to be the issue. Also, even after I do the whole thing with the switching hdmi ports, it could tunr off, then I turn it back on, and it still doesn't work. How do i get the audio input to play right the first time i turn it on?

    submitted by /u/Vincetagram
    [link] [comments]

    Am I crazy or no search function??

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:34 AM PST

    Hey just started using apple TV and went the website to find a show but I dont see a search function on the site https://tv.apple.com/ am I missing something??

    submitted by /u/EthansWay007
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel