• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 9, 2021

    Apple iOS Apple releases iOS 14.4.1 with security updates for iPhone users

    Apple iOS Apple releases iOS 14.4.1 with security updates for iPhone users


    Apple releases iOS 14.4.1 with security updates for iPhone users

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 10:04 AM PST

    No google

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:58 AM PST

    I want to get rid of the Gmail app for privacy concerns but I've been wondering if I ever do make the switch what I would need to do and how would the experience be like?

    1. Is the stock mail app reliable? What are the benefits and inconveniences for using an iCloud only mail account?

    2. What would be an alternative use or version of the YouTube app?

    submitted by /u/Virtual76
    [link] [comments]

    Lullaby bedtime notification

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:02 AM PST

    Has someone an export of this lovely notification sound? I was with someone who has an iphone and was so impressed of this sound reminding to go to bed. I searched everywhere but I only found the wake up ringtones.

    submitted by /u/Brooda
    [link] [comments]

    Google maps showing on my screen time 24/7 even if I'm not using the app

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:03 AM PST

    I noticed lately that my iphone daily screen time is 24 hours! that didn't make sense. It seemed that google maps is taking up all my screen time even if I'm not using the app. is this a bug? I recently updated to ios 14.4.

    submitted by /u/garine519
    [link] [comments]

    Google Photos to iCloud Photos

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:57 AM PST

    Hello,

    Since Google Photos won't be free starting june, I'm moving my library to iCloud. Thing is I have a ton of photos on Google Photos. Is there a way to move them to iCloud photos without using Takeout ? As Takeout just give you the bulk and I'll end up with so many duplicates...

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Hasselblad_SL
    [link] [comments]

    Foto’s from iPhone to iPad ?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:50 AM PST

    What's the best way to get all my foto's from my iPhone to ipad ?without using iCloud (my iCloud is full)

    submitted by /u/Robinhoed123
    [link] [comments]

    Considering iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max but scared by stories of connection issues... Do you experience them?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:22 AM PST

    I was ready to rumble and purchase, but I've stumbled across some horror stories about connection issues on various iPhone 12 models. Most of the stories and posts seem to be from a little over 3 months ago... Is this still a thing? I'm hoping maybe now it has been resolved!

    submitted by /u/AnAppleWithInternet
    [link] [comments]

    Will WWDC 2021 be virtual or in-person? Here’s what we know so far

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:09 AM PST

    Has anyone been getting WiFi issues with iOS and iPadOS 14?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 09:25 PM PST

    Ever since iOS/iPadOS 14, there are WiFi issues like:

    1. WiFi will disconnect suddenly, and won't reconnect until you turn WiFi off and on the more farther away you are from the router, the more likely this is to happen (although it can happen even though you're right next to the router)
    2. When you connect to WiFi, sometimes it'll keep reconnecting; this seems to most likely happen when you are in Settings, and it doesn't seem to happen very much when turning off and on WiFi (if auto-join is turned on)
    3. Sometimes, your WiFi will be very slow.

    There are fixes for this issue (forgetting the network then turning on airplane mode then turning on WiFi again, disabling VPNs, resetting network settings, etc.), but I've seen somewhere that a person's WiFi issue was still not resolved even with a factory reset and DFU.

    On this news post about the wifi issue, it said:

    Apparently Apple support already knows about these problems, and they will be fixed with the next update. It has already published the first public beta of iOS 14.2, however, and the release notes do not contain any references to the Wi-Fi problem.

    And, as of iOS 14.4, it still doesn't seem to be fixed, since there are people talking about WiFi issues on that version! Either Apple is not actually fixing the problem (and fixing other insignificant problems that are not as important), or they are fixing it, but it's difficult and takes a long time to fix it. I even sent multiple feedback posts about this issue in the past, but Apple might be ignoring it, because it is still not fixed.

    So, are you suffering from this issue? Please let me know in the comments and also post your version number as well. I am suffering from this issue, but it didn't seem to happen in a while now! I am using iPadOS 14.2. My device is an iPad Pro 10.5 inch 2017 with 256GB of storage and it's a non-cellular model. And, please consider sending feedback about this issue so that Apple might realize that it's a serious issue!

    submitted by /u/FoxmanMcCoy
    [link] [comments]

    music is always skipping lol

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:52 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/kNbiHhn

    this is always happening.. iphone 12 14.4

    submitted by /u/zfze
    [link] [comments]

    Feature request: the pull down menu should have a button to control how long until the screen locks

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:27 AM PST

    There are many times when I want the screen to stay on longer than default and I have to go into the settings to change this (for example when I'm looking at a recipe). Would be super handy to have a quicker way to do this!

    submitted by /u/wecansing
    [link] [comments]

    App Store code for gifting from specific paid apps

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:58 AM PST

    Hi,

    Im looking to buy specific paid apps code.

    Rather than directly buying the app, I just want the code to be redeemed by someone I am gifting to.

    Anyone know a way for this?

    submitted by /u/imusuallyawkward
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 microphone not working? Only works on camera and with headphones.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 08:57 PM PST

    Yesterday my brothers iPhone 8 microphone stopped working.

    We tried on facetime, phone, snapchat, voice memo, etc.

    The only app it works on is when we take a video on the camera app.

    Also it works with headphones.

    No water has touched the phone, there's no dirt or lint in the mics, and so i'm not sure what's happening?

    Anyone experiencing this? Does anyone have advice for this?

    submitted by /u/melissawynne_
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app to intentionally drain the battery?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:08 PM PST

    I need an app that I don't have to tend to, that will automatically drain the battery as fast as possible while I'm away.

    submitted by /u/Roof-Lost
    [link] [comments]

    Screen time / Safari Bug

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:34 AM PST

    Whatever websites I search in private mode in safari somehow is showing up on screen time. IOS v14.4

    submitted by /u/ryukendu
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to these settings?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:01 AM PST

    My iPhone SE 2nd gen did not update automatically to 14.4.1

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 11:34 PM PST

    Hello, I'm new to iOS.

    I have both automatic iOS updates & installs turned on, I plugged in my phone and left it overnight while also beeing connected to Wi-Fi on but it did not update the iOS version automatically. What could be causing this?

    I have background app refresh turned off and the phone was in Bedtime/DND mode. App Store automatic updates are working as expected.

    submitted by /u/gtsorby
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone “Erase all” function froze

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 11:32 PM PST

    TLDR: iPhone stuck after erasing it, can't turn it of or do any hard reset or restore via iTunes. What should I do.

    Hey,

    yesterday I noticed that all iMessages disappeared from at least 3 important contacts on all devices (iCloud sync) so I decided to try and hopefully recover those messages with iCloud backup restore.

    I use iPhone 8 Plus and clicked "Erase All Content and Settings". Phone went into "loading" screen with Apple logo and progress bar. It seemed to work normally until after probably an hour when I noticed that progress bar did not move anymore (it was almost at the end). I decided to leave it do it's thing but then after another 3 hours I got feeling that it is stuck. I have tried hard resetting it and restoring it via iTunes (phone was detected) but had no luck. Weird thing was that phone was still vibrating for notifications and I could "lock" screen. Now I left it over night and woke up to Bed time alarm on my iPhone so I had high hopes but It was the same. An hour later an actual lock screen appeared and when I unlocked phone there was similar lock screen as when you have phone disabled for X minutes but instead of that it said "Resetting iPhone" without any progress bar and my actual wallpaper blurred in the back. I still cannot turn it of nor do any hard/soft reset.

    Does anyone have an idea what should I do? Battery was probably 100% when it got stuck so I assume there is still some left. Should I let it drain, should I charge it,...?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/MinusIsMore
    [link] [comments]

    Google Maps is using my microphone when open and preventing me from accessing Siri with “Hey Siri” command?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 03:34 PM PST

    Whenever I'm using Google maps navigation in my car it seems that Siri is very hit or miss for me. I was wondering why that is and I inadvertently opened up my notifications and noticed that my microphone was currently being used. Since the only application I had open was maps I figured that must be the culprit. Anyways I was wondering if there was a way to fix this without completely disabling microphone access as I need it occasionally to change my route while I'm driving. Also, knowing Google's history with privacy, I'm not too comfortable with this in the first place. Supposedly It's only supposed to be listening when I say the command itself, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/TheOneTheyCallTwo
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone seems like it's ignoring "date taken" EXIF data

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 04:19 PM PST

    Hi all, I just recently purchased an iPhone 12 mini. It's a great phone and I enjoy using it.

    Problem is, I recently synced all of my photos to my phone using iTunes on Windows 10 and thousands of my photos have the wrong date on them! They all say July 25th, 2020 which is the MODIFIED date, not the date taken. And yes, I checked - the EXIF data on the original files IS correct. ALL of my photos have the correct "date taken" EXIF data in them, with the exception of some old film photos that I scanned (which is to be expected).

    All in all, I should only have about 150 photos for that date. Instead I've got 2,044!

    Apparently, if my iphone is to be believed, I was in New Jersey at 9:45pm and then in Monterrey at 9:46pm :D

    Is there any specific reason for this? This seems like a glaring problem to me so I feel like I missed something. Did I do something wrong?

    Or maybe the phone will slowly go through them and correct itself over night or something?

    Edit - here are two screenshots from the app "photo investigator", proving the correct EXIF data exists but the phone is labeling it with the wrong date!

    https://ibb.co/rKh2jt2

    https://ibb.co/wYHRnM8

    Photo says 6/12/19

    Phone says 7/25/20

    :(

    submitted by /u/VostoDeVulpo
    [link] [comments]

    Help. I unplugged my iphone from my mac without ejecting. Its not being synced the moment i unplugged it. Surprisingly there is no prompt like when usbs unplugged without ejecting. Will there be any problems (minute or big)?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:52 AM PST

    Excuse my OC. Just recently bought my iphone 12 pro, and thus been caring for it like my baby.

    submitted by /u/josef_cruz93
    [link] [comments]

    Can you see if a note you shared with someone was deleted by them?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 08:35 PM PST

    So I shared a note with my friend a few months ago and we haven't really talked since. It still says it's shared with them, but I'm skeptical that they kept the note. Does anyone have the answer to this?

    submitted by /u/slappingmeatsacks
    [link] [comments]

    Multi-Type Text File Editor

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 06:59 PM PST

    I'm looking for an app that can edit different text files. I'm looking to edit things like .txt .json and .lang files. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Abhi5301
    [link] [comments]

    iPod Touch (2nd gen) running iOS 4.2.1 - Any full-screen clock apps?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 12:56 PM PST

    I recently got a 2nd gen iPod Touch for free. I upgraded it to iOS 4.2.1 and I can't see any good use for it other than to turn it into a clock. Does anyone know if there are any full-screen clock apps that still run on iOS 4? The app store is unfortunately not great for searching!

    submitted by /u/Synthacon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel