• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 10, 2021

    Apple Help What is the function of this little red square?

    Apple Help What is the function of this little red square?


    What is the function of this little red square?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:58 PM PST

    Is this iPhone fake? The contrast ratio is very low and the chin is suspiciously big. Plus the Face ID doesn’t work. However the serial number checks out and the operating system is fully operational. Could the screen have been replaced with an LCD?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 04:15 AM PST

    Can I delete older backups from my external hard drive? They're taking too much space that I need for video files.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:07 PM PST

    What’s taking up all the space on my phone

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:40 PM PST

    Screen Time Question

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:34 PM PST

    Is there anyway to only allow certain apps using screen time? For example, I want ALL 12+ apps to be blocked EXCEPT ones of my choice that are 12+.

    submitted by /u/stellaeray
    [link] [comments]

    The package InstallAssistant.pkg fails to meet Gatekeeper policy.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:28 PM PST

    Spent 2 hrs, and I get that. Now what? (That's not a screenshot from my machine, but that's the error.

    https://preview.redd.it/th3oilds0cm61.png?width=1560&format=png&auto=webp&s=e30028412ef753d50c4c2b2f44ecc6ef0512830b

    submitted by /u/brinkeguthrie
    [link] [comments]

    iPad odd charging

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:48 PM PST

    So I recently dropped my iPad 7 in water for about 1 second. I pulled it out, went to fix my speakers, all was good, however when I went to charge it the charging was much faster than before. I'm not sure how, but I was going from 1-5% in less than 60 seconds, I hit 10% in under 3 minutes, this is odd, because my iPad is notorious for taking hours to charge. Do you think possibly my blowing in the port and sucking water out would have cleaned the inner pins and given me a better charge? It charges like it is brand new.

    submitted by /u/Femanist-BreadPixel
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone is syncing photos from computer; how to stop?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:19 PM PST

    Hello all. As soon as I got a 128gb iPhone 12 Pro Max, I started seeing photos in my camera roll that were on my Mac. In the last I would just download my photos to my Mac every now and then and clear off space as I needed by deleting photos on my phone. Now I'm a bit confused as to how photos from years ago are now on my phone. It's probably an iCloud setting I forgot to change. I don't want to delete any photos on my phone now as I'm concerned they may be deleted on the computer. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mac1234steve
    [link] [comments]

    Finder won't show my harddrive or phone

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:57 PM PST

    Hi good people of Reddit.

    I'll keep it as short as possible. I've bought the M1 macbook air base model, and I also bought a "hub" for usb, SD, HDMI and other. If I go into "about this Mac" and see what's connected I can see the hub and I can see the harddrive, however I cannot find it in finder.

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/asdfhjx
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPad magic keyboard - how to turn it off?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:30 PM PST

    I have a 2020 iPad Air that I bought the other day. I would like to be able to turn off the magic keyboard to use it as just a stand sometimes. Is this doable?

    submitted by /u/HansenLaMoose
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Hogging Ram

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:26 PM PST

    Is Safari taking up ridiculous amounts of ram for anyone else? Reddit alone is taking up 1.2gb of ram and I just bought this M1 Mac mini a few days ago. Please don't say the ram is there to be used, because right now I have trouble using Canvas (my university SML) because of it. Can anyone help me out?

    submitted by /u/CleftyHeft
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone - iOS widgets took a HUGE LOSS in functions and layout? What is going on here?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:05 PM PST

    • Google calendar widget recently got worse. Not showing the events lined up like like they used to.

    • Now NordVPN app lost the function to have shortcuts to specific connections, now it's only quick connect.

    • The section at the bottom that fits multiple widgets (whatever that's called) the google cal and nord can't be placed in here anymore

    So now your ordering and layout of your widgets is also worse.

    It's like the widgets took a HUGE HIT in loss of function and customization in the the last week or two.

    What the heck is going on????

    submitted by /u/wozmatic
    [link] [comments]

    Marks on back of iPhone 12 silicone case any idea where could it have came from and how to get it off? (Already tried rubbing alcohol and soap)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:28 PM PST

    Calendar/time zone tweaking

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:53 PM PST

    Hi friends! I recently got a macbook for a new job I started. I'm remote, and one hour ahead of the office I'm working for. Here's where I need some help: The whole office is signed into one apple ID and the admins (that's me and three others) manage one apple calendar. So the calendar is showing up in MST (my time) with the PST time in little parentheses after it. But I'm managing scheduling and appointments for people on PST and I really don't want to read the wrong time and accidentally tell someone there's an opening for 12 when it's actually at 11, etc. Is there a way to set the calendar so that I can see things in PST by default or would I have to change my clock on my actual macbook? Additionally, if I change the view so that I'm seeing PST times, will it mess with other people's view of the calendar (we're all on separate users, but the same apple ID)? I'm brand new to the Mac world, so any and all help is appreciated! TYIA!

    submitted by /u/sweetpotatodruids
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) RAM?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:25 PM PST

    I know this probably sounds stupid and obvious, but I've only upgraded my RAM on computers a few times in the 30 years I've been working on Macs, and I seemed to vaguely recall something about this.

    My Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 Mac's been hanging up quite a bit more recently, and I realized that currently I only have 8 GBs of RAM.

    Again, it's a Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 Mac. It contains 4 memory slots, each of which accepts a 1867 MHz DDR3 memory module. So right now there are 2 memory slots in use, and 2 available. Each of the 2 in use have 4GBs in them, for a current total of 8GBs, and 2 slots are empty.

    My question is, if I fill those 2 currently empty slots with 8GBs each, will I really end up with a total of 24GBs, or will I end up with just 16GBs, as the original pair of 4GBs gets sort of ignored in favor of the new pair of 8s?

    Thanks so much for any help!

    submitted by /u/TheTableDude
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get my SHSH blobs?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:22 PM PST

    My iphone xs max running ios 13.1.2 is stuck on a boot loop because it ran out of storage and I don't have a backup. I found a way that might save my data but I need my shsh blobs. is there any way I can get them? would the phone be detectable by itunes on dfu or recovery mode so i could get them?

    submitted by /u/SaintMarcoSy
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2013 retina MacBook pro

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:24 PM PST

    Having a lot of trouble with my laptop. I'm trying to update OSX and it keeps breaking during the install process. I had Sierra previously but after trying to install Big Sur, the process just goes to a black screen after a while. All I'm able to do is install Mavericks from the recovery boot, but I would like to have a newer so as some of my applications require 10.13 or newer.

    I suppose I can just restore from an external back to my Sierra install with Time Machine but that doesn't solve my issue of wanting to upgrade OS X. Any ideas here?

    submitted by /u/jesster114
    [link] [comments]

    2014 mbp bootcamp install failing

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:55 PM PST

    I go through the steps and then the machine restarts back into Mac OS. I restarted and pressed/hold option, click on windowsInstall and it says no bootable device found.

    what am I doing wrong?

    notes- usb3, formatted to exFat, latest version of win10

    submitted by /u/toUser
    [link] [comments]

    Automation/shortcut to record screen WITH internal audio?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:52 PM PST

    There's many documented ways to screen record with internal audio, but I'm looking for an automator workflow/application that I can trigger with a shortcut.

    I do a lot of video collages and need to capture gobs of online video WITH the internal audio.

    What I've tried:

    Anyone else stuck with this problem in 2021?

    submitted by /u/okayyeabyenow
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone "this app is blocked" cant add cloud account to voice recorder app

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 04:53 PM PST

    Trying to add google drive cloud account to the Voice recorder app.

    This app tried to access sensitive info in your google account. To keep your account safe, google blocked this access

    I tried this https://devanswers.co/allow-less-secure-apps-access-gmail-account/

    and enabled less secure app access

    still keeps blocking...

    submitted by /u/I-am-ocean
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn on personalised ads? Ive followed every youtube tutorial out there, no matter what I do, the button always remains grey. I have an iphone 7 on ios 14.1.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:47 AM PST

    Apple Support Broke My iPad

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:08 PM PST

    Looking for suggestions on this issue! My iPad 5th gen stopped charging and eventually would not power on. I sent it in to Apple support for repair (no AppleCare).

    First, the iPad was returned with a note that they could not repair due to "unauthorized modifications." Okay, not true at all, but they also returned my iPad severely damaged. The screen has been pried off and some type of tool was left in between the screen and the rest of the iPad. It's basically garbage now.

    I called Support and a senior adviser told me he'd call me the next day at 6pm with a resolution. He didn't call. And despite my follow up calls there is supposedly no resolution.

    A different rep says a decision is made in two business days and I'm here over a week later with a trashed iPad and no answers.

    Any recommendations on how to handle this or escalate it? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/rgrip33
    [link] [comments]

    Weird noise coming from MacBook, anyone have any experience with this? Can’t seem to fix

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:59 PM PST

    Ipad Pro 9.7 stuck in restore loop

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 04:06 PM PST

    Hey all ive gotten a used ipad pro from 2018 that seems to be stuck in a boot loop and not charging. Ive managed to get it to detect in itunes but now it just says Waiting for ipad and has been like that for a few hours now.... What do?

    Edit: Itunes finally gave me an error 4005 ipad couldnt be restored.

    submitted by /u/whydotavi
    [link] [comments]

    How do I transfer MP3 music files (windows) to my iPad and manage them in a music library?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:56 PM PST

    I have just bought a new iPad. I have a library of MP3s on a windows computer. What's the best way to get them onto the iPad and play them? The ideal for me would be to have them physically moved to the ipad into some sort of library program that lets me have playlists and randomly shuffle play them.

    But I can't work out how to do that. Does itunes exist anymore? Do I need to load that and start transferring the files by cable? Or should I put the files onto dropbox and try to pick them up from there? That seems like it would work, but not very efficiently.

    As for the library program, I tried loading up an app that apple pre-loaded called 'music,' but from what I can tell it seems to mostly be about getting me to pay a regular subscription - whereas I just want to play music files I already have.

    I guess I was expecting to find apple guiding me through the process of loading music files onto the ipad. But each time I do an internet search about the music app it just tells me about the streaming service which I'm not in the slightest bit interested in.

    Ultimately:

    Do I have to download an app to move music onto the ipad? If so, what would you recommend?

    Do I have to buy an app to manage my music on the ipad? If so, what would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/wdtpw
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel