• Breaking News

    Monday, March 8, 2021

    Apple Help Anyone know what might have caused the app icons at the bottom to face sideways?

    Apple Help Anyone know what might have caused the app icons at the bottom to face sideways?


    Anyone know what might have caused the app icons at the bottom to face sideways?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 07:55 PM PST

    iPhone bricked itself a few months ago. Recently left it on wireless charging pad and it worked for 5 mins. Afterwards it does this. Any idea what the problem is? Battery?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 12:37 AM PST

    I left my MacBook closed for a week, came back to it, and it says that there is no WiFi hardware installed

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 09:31 PM PST

    Every time I leave my 2015 MacBook Pro closed/unused for a few days or a week, there's always a problem when I open it again. This time, the WiFi bar says there's no hardware installed.

    This is 10.11.6 El Capitan.

    I've tried the Command/Option/P/R on reboot, didn't work. I'll try to bring it to an Apple store later today but how do I know when it's time to just throw in the towel and get a new computer altogether?

    submitted by /u/tatertotski
    [link] [comments]

    How can I fix this thing when I’m typing.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:45 PM PST

    iPhone, is there a way to move photos to a hidden area outside of the apple photo / camera app so if you delete the image and clear trash, the image is still saved?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 04:24 PM PST

    For an example, say you record the police assaulting someone.

    They see you record it and come over and delete it from your phone and also clear it from the deleted album, so it's gone forever.

    Is there a way to save the photo / video on your device somewhere else where they couldn't delete it?

    Yes I know there are cloud services like icloud or dropbox that automatically backup, but this question is about securing images on your device.

    submitted by /u/wozmatic
    [link] [comments]

    Swollen iPhone battery -- apparent "tampering"

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:31 PM PST

    Ultimately I don't think this will change the outcome of my situation, but was curious what anyone had to say!

    I have an iPhone XS with just absolutely the most swollen battery. I can literally pull the screen from the body of the phone. ANYWAY! I went to the Apple store thinking it would be a simple fix, as they told me they could replace the unit at the "battery-only price." However, when I came back to the store, they said they wouldn't replace it because there was "proof of tampering" (something about battery tabs being removed and puncturing), so I would have to buy a replacement XS at $549.

    But the thing is, I've never gone to a third-party store to fix my phone and I am not nearly smart enough to do so on my own, so I have no clue how this happened. It just sucks that I'm being punished for something I didn't do (but I also understand the Apple policy). I guess I'm just wondering if anyone had something similar happen to them, or if you might think of a reason how this happened! Because truly I couldn't have done this myself!!

    I have some theories though, and maybe one of them is true:

    1. So this phone is actually a replacement for my original XS that was damaged. I got this current phone from the Apple Store, and while it was new to me, it was actually a refurbished iPhone. Even though the employee told me all iPhones go through testing to make sure it's quality, is there a chance there was a slip-up, and maybe it wasn't perfect?
    2. Another thing is that I did get my iPhone screen replaced at the Apple store about a year ago. I was told that there is a checklist they go through before giving the phones back, and, of course, they said that my phone passed. Is there a chance that the person who fixed my iPhone screen a year ago maybe unknowingly made a mistake with the battery and didn't notice?
    3. I'm just really clumsy and have dropped my phone before -- could a phone drop remove tabs? (I don't even know what "tabs" are so sorry if that's a stupid question)
    4. I got amnesia/hypnotized for a day and walked over to the local uBreakiFix and they did a shitty job

    Also... is the sharpie-like smell coming from my iPhone toxic at all, because I've been inhaling it for a few weeks now 🥴

    submitted by /u/zhoubecca
    [link] [comments]

    Photos deleted after using icloud photos

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 09:06 PM PST

    The other day i was trying to save storage on my iphone, so i went into the storage settings and the icloud storage said i could save 5gb by uploading my photos. keep in mind i had around 600 ish photos at this time. after the update, i only have 300 and i cant seem to find the other photos. i have an iphone backup with the old photos of it but i dont want to backup and have to redownload everything else. please help!

    submitted by /u/A1DAN__
    [link] [comments]

    iPad touchscreen not working in certain areas

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 08:58 PM PST

    I have had a problem with my iPad's touchscreen for quite some time now, probably since September. I am able to use most of the touchscreen without flaw, but there is one part that simply won't register. See, I had one of those iPad cases with the flap cover, and I wasn't using it for a couple days, so I guess the pressure from the black stretchy part that you can wrap around the iPad caused some damage to the digitizer somehow. It has been super annoying and I don't think I can take much more of it. Is there any way I can try fixing it myself, or will I need to just take it to a place like Best Buy? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/DoodlesReddit123
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone appears to be ignoring "Date Taken" EXIF data

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:04 PM PST

    I originally posted this here -> https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/m0u7kp/my_iphone_seems_like_its_ignoring_date_taken_exif/

    Hi all, I just recently purchased an iPhone 12 mini. It's a great phone and I enjoy using it.

    Problem is, I recently synced all of my photos to my phone using iTunes on Windows 10 and thousands of my photos have the wrong date on them! They all say July 25th, 2020 which is the MODIFIED date, not the date taken. And yes, I checked - the EXIF data on the original files IS correct. ALL of my photos have the correct "date taken" EXIF data in them, with the exception of some old film photos that I scanned (which is to be expected).

    All in all, I should only have about 150 photos for that date. Instead I've got 2,044!

    Apparently, if my iphone is to be believed, I was in New Jersey at 9:45pm and then in Monterrey at 9:46pm :D

    Is there any specific reason for this? This seems like a glaring problem to me so I feel like I missed something. Did I do something wrong?

    Or maybe the phone will slowly go through them and correct itself over night or something?

    Edit - here are two screenshots from the app "photo investigator", proving the correct EXIF data exists but the phone is labeling it with the wrong date!

    https://ibb.co/rKh2jt2

    https://ibb.co/wYHRnM8

    Photo says 6/12/19

    Phone says 7/25/20

    :(

    submitted by /u/VostoDeVulpo
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes not finding iPhone

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 06:59 PM PST

    I noticed the trouble when I upgraded to the most recent iTunes (12.8.2.3) the other week, however it could have happened before (I don't plug my phone in to my computer much). I have a late 2010 Mac Air running on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. I have tried restarting both my laptop and my iPhone (12 mini running iOS 14.4). I have tried using both USB ports, have tried two different USB cables. Sometimes my iPhone will ask me if I want to trust the computer (I do always say yes), most of the time it doesn't. The phone does charge when connected and I can see it in System Information. I don't have access to another computer. I don't get any error messages. I dread having to call Apple Support. Any ideas? Do I just have to wait until the next iTunes update?

    submitted by /u/balthazaur
    [link] [comments]

    AirPod pro won’t charge in case

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 09:49 PM PST

    Need advice or help on what to do with my airpods

    Okay so I had my AirPods Pro since launch and there's been this issue with them ever since I got them but I never got around to addressing the issue with Apple and it's been over a year now. My right AirPod will not charge in the case unless with pressure added and sometimes that doesn't even work. I never been a fan of the pros but I recently started using them again and the issue is I'll go to use them right AirPod dead. Or it will connect to my phone if near buy since it thinks it out of the case. Or the case will die over night from charging it then it dying and charging again. Is there anything I can do to get them replaced by Apple for free or things to fix this. There is no dust or corrosion or water damage blocking the connecting.

    submitted by /u/Bleached-IG
    [link] [comments]

    Any recommendation for a spelling & grammar proofreader/checker for MS outlook on mac?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:03 PM PST

    I have just about had it with making silly typos or adding an unnecessary word in my emails, and I am trying to find a recommendation from anyone here about a solid email proofreader/checker for MS outlook on Mac. It's unfortunate that a lot of the tools available are strictly for the outlook on windows... even Grammarly, which strangely supports Word on Mac, does not extend to Outlook on mac. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/fischersfix
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro Not Getting to "Hello" screen after restore

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 08:31 PM PST

    I think my iPad did an update and I found my previously working iPad Pro doing a reboot loop. I goes apple logo, spinning circle for about 2 seconds, then reboot, apple logo, spinner repeat infinity.

    I thought it was a low battery and did the "hold home and power buttons to gain some battery power trick" which did not get me to the Home screen. It did let me plug it into iTunes and see it had full power.

    Since it was not doing anything, I did a restore and update ( I have actually done it about 8 times so far). I get to the "Welcome to your new iPad" in iTunes" and select set it up as a new iPad.

    I select sync with iTunes and then Done and then... nothing happens. iPad stays at a white apple logo on a black screen and if I hit any buttons (I have tried them all) it goes back into the reboot loop as previously stated. It doesn't go to the "Hello" screen so I can set the ipad up, so I can't do a backup restore or anything other than restore it again.

    I have tried just letting it sit there at the logo but it eventually just goes into the reboot loop by itself.

    Looking for any suggestions or help to fix it myself. I am loathe to talk to Apple support as I think it will take me forever to get someone who isn't using a script and can actually help me and I don't think they can. Google-fu has not given me any other reasonable suggestions for a solution.

    I suspect it is a hardware issue but I haven't a clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/TheRealMrExcitement
    [link] [comments]

    how do i make the modifier keys behave like linux?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 12:24 PM PST

    I have ctrl set to cmd and cmd set to control. but certain things like cut and paste still require cmd+c.

    i had this working once years ago. I'm now using linux so I want to keep it the same, I just got a mac for work.

    submitted by /u/TomokoSlankard
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook and Messenger Login error

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 06:19 PM PST

    hey, i need some help. does anyone know how to fix this issue. i did everything, i reset my phone (network settings and everything, even erased it). my phone and facebook are to their latest update. i restarted my phone multiple times. I can't use facebook on my phone

    submitted by /u/pandaocean168
    [link] [comments]

    Not receiving notifications from a certain contact

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 06:18 PM PST

    Hide alerts are turned off, everything else is working fine. Is this a bug or is there a solution? I looked everywhere but I can't find a solution. Version 14.0

    submitted by /u/polarigina1
    [link] [comments]

    'Force Click and Haptic Feedback' missing from System Preferences -> Trackpad. Bluetooth Trackpad doesn't respond to force clicks. (more details in first post)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 11:55 AM PST

    Bricked iPad A1954

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:44 PM PST

    Hello,

    I recently attempted a restore on a customers A1954 iPad which failed halfway and has left the device bricked. No sign of powering on, no display, no connection via USB etc.

    I have sorted out an arrangement with the customer but was curious if there was anyway to revive this device or is only good for parts/E-waste at this point?

    submitted by /u/4c_repair
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 2013 won't start properly

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:36 PM PST

    Hello everyone, today I tried to log into my macOS after using only windows bootcamp for about 4 days. It shows the normal login screen after restarting, but after I put in my password the screen goes back for a second and shows a screen saying it couldn't restart because of a problem and restart (Kernel Failure), only to restart and show the normal screen again. I only use it for schoolwork and watching stuff online. I recently updated to the latest version (Big Sur). Windows Bootcamp works perfectly so I will be using that until this issue is resolved. I have tried rebooting it, recovery but it only takes me straight to internet recovery which ends with a white background with a stop sign on it. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

    submitted by /u/hetaliafangir
    [link] [comments]

    I have a 2009 Macbook Pro that is in PERFECT condition and is still my daily driver! I love it and want to keep it going. Is there anything I can do?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 03:51 AM PST

    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009)

    2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

    I know support for this is dying and upgrades aren't compatible, what would you do to speed this thing up or keep it relevant?

    It's a dinosaur from what I see as the height of apple's quality days and I would love to keep using it!

    submitted by /u/quietlifeintheforest
    [link] [comments]

    2020 Air running Catalina randomly restarting after sleeping/shutting computer

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 05:12 PM PST

    So my 2020 Macbook Air running 10.15.7 will just randomly restart — or at least, it "pretend" restarts — after the computer sleeps or is shut about 60% of the time.

    I say pretend because all that happens is I get the apple logo on a black screen for a second than the fingerprint scanner is disabled and I have to log in to start working again.

    I googled the issue and there was some semi-similar situations I found having to do with Power Nap, but that feature is disabled on my computer. It occurs plugged in and not.

    FWIW, this is a work computer, and has some System Manager profiles set up, but this is only a recent issue, last couple of months. I have not asked for IT support (though I will if this doesnt work) mainly because they suck.

    Anyone know what's going on here?

    submitted by /u/Whispercry
    [link] [comments]

    Assistance accessing files without time machine or iCloud

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 04:54 PM PST

    My girlfriends MacBook Air 2017 updated itself on her last restart and all the menu letters and words are little boxes with question marks in them instead of text.

    We tried a variety of methods through Apple support like option r, terminal, etc

    After clicking the option r upon restart, if I go to restore, then select images, then users, I see her username with all the files she had still there. However we can't quite access them because we can't log into the computer, she doesn't have time machine or iCloud setup.

    The main screen where you usually type your password in to access the MAC now has 2 areas to input data. Kinda looks like an account name and password would go there. We tried her apple credentials but it doesn't work.

    Is there anyway to recover her files before wiping the system completely? The Apple support team suggested some 300 dollar extraction program which seems ridiculous. I could see all the files right there, just having trouble figuring out how to access them.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/wjwtl
    [link] [comments]

    Apple care plus

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 04:49 PM PST

    If i have a phone with applecare and the phobe stops working how would apple know it has apple care.

    submitted by /u/Large_Manager_4298
    [link] [comments]

    Apps are missing

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 01:01 PM PST

    Hi, Recently I've noticed a few apps on my phone weren't there (for example facetime and compass app). I've tried searching them with Siri but I couldn't find any results. But if I got to the AppStore and search for them I can find them and where it usually says 'download' it says open. I can open the apps if I search for them in the App Store but they are not on my homescreen or my App Library. Can anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/EmmaDilemma212
    [link] [comments]

    Weird horizontal stripes out of nowhere on my MacbookPro (13“ 2017 Touch Bar) how can I fix them?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 04:38 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel