• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    macOS I’m starting to see this every time I power on on my MacBook

    macOS I’m starting to see this every time I power on on my MacBook


    I’m starting to see this every time I power on on my MacBook

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:11 PM PST

    Does Mac OS X hate file smb, ftp, and NAS style file sharing in general

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:01 AM PST

    A bit of a rant, but I've had a string of problems with Catalina 10.15.7 and finder:

    1. interrupted connections dialogue box (FTP or otherwise)
    2. ftp:// doesn't update via finder without going back and forth to folders (FileZilla works so server is fine), large directories listing fail
    3. SMB:// slow and crashes without .conf tinkering (whereas this works out of the box on PC and on an iPhone Apps)
    4. Slow or failed directory updates with afp shares (cifs shares, curlftps) shares served via a raspberry pi or old Mac PC.

    I just want to access a network SMB share of photos, how difficulty can this be. I don't want my data on the cloud and don't want to buy an apple time capsule.

    I'm no stranger to the command line, but this shouldn't be so difficult, is it just me! I can't help but cynically think this is broken by design to encourage other costly Apple solutions.

    submitted by /u/donniedarko_tst
    [link] [comments]

    First time Mac owner, any tips from the veterans?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:03 PM PST

    Been a long time windows user and haven't really used a mac outside work (especially not the newer os's)

    Anything worth knowing that could make life easier or just general tips from people that know the os better?

    Worth noting I don't have either an iPhone or iPad

    M1 Pro, Big Sur 11.1

    submitted by /u/Mr_Siphon
    [link] [comments]

    Magic keyboard / trackpad input lag

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:59 AM PST

    I occasionally experience input lag while using my magic keyboard and Magic Trackpad connected through Bluetooth. Sometimes keys take 1-2 seconds to register; the trackpad might take a couple of seconds to register a movement. Not always, but enough to be annoying and disrupt my workflow (and forcing me to fall back to a wired connection).

    The problems are exclusively while connected through Bluetooth (a wired lightning connection does not show these symptoms).

    I've experienced this on my 2015 MBP and 2017 iMac, with the same peripherals. I do not have this problem while using the keyboard and trackpad with my iPad, which indicates to me that the problem is specific to macOS rather than to the hardware.

    I've tried resetting the keyboard and trackpad through the hidden Bluetooth menu but the problem shows up again after a few days.

    Any help or pointers?

    submitted by /u/carrige
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur + Airpods Pro = crap

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:53 AM PST

    Using my Airpods Pro with a company´s Macbook Pro (bluetooth pairing) is not good. I can´t use my personal account with this machine, and I´m having problems like the mic no working, and the bluetooth options (auto detect Airpods, atuomatic alternate mic) does not stick. Also, when I remove my Airpods and put them on the charging case, they keep connected to the Macbook.

    Anyone facing those issues?

    submitted by /u/Gaspz
    [link] [comments]

    Photos app confusing my daughter for my wife.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:40 PM PST

    Over the past 5 days I have spent at least an hour each night specifically selecting 951 photos that Photos thinks are my wife and telling it that they are not her. Then I tell it that those pics belong to my daughter.

    Within MINUTES, Photos changes all 951 photos back to my wife's album.

    I've redone this every night for 5 nights in a row. Each night the same thing happens. I know Einstein would call me insane, but I keep expecting the AI to finally BELIEVE ME and stop changing the photos back to my wife's album.

    Any idea what I have to do to make these changes permanent?

    submitted by /u/BrineWR71
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to upgrade my Macbook to Big Sur from Mojave but I'm getting stuck at this error every time.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:56 AM PST

    Macbook seems very dead

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:49 AM PST

    Yesterday, the following happened: the macbook restarted on its own, it got halfway to loading bar, got stuck, the fan went crazy for a second and then it looped to do this 3 times. On 3rd try it loaded fine, but 1 minute into using everything froze. Once again looping started. I decided to park this until today.

    Today, I switch it on, it lits up for a second, fan makes crazy noise, and it shuts down. And then repeats in infinite loop.

    Tried SMC reset, all kinds of things, nothing helped. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/GardenOfSmartness
    [link] [comments]

    Missing scan(ner) option in a new 13" MBP's clean installed updated macOS Big Sur v11.1.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:12 AM PST

    This is with an old HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro (printer+fax) via wireless AirPrint. I added the printer in macOS' printers & scanners. The old 13" MBP's mac OS Mojave v10.14.6 has no problems! Did the new macOS version change something? If not, then what's wrong? Do I need to install HP's bloated softwares to get it? :(

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    Bartender 4 - Take control of your Menu bar

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:12 AM PST

    Linux as VM on M1 Possible?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:17 PM PST

    Hello, i found a lot of Asks and Anwsers about Parallels and Windows; but for me it is more interessting to know it ifs possible to use Linux in VM on a Mac M1. At the moment i use a Air 2020 and with parallels Linux works well (and windows too). My new M1 is on delivery but im not sure if linux will work - at least on VM.

    submitted by /u/king_bodd
    [link] [comments]

    Unsigned KEXTs on M1 Mac Mini?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:45 AM PST

    Does anyone have an issue with unsigned kexts just not loading? On 11.0.1 I was working on a kext and it was loading fine, but now (on 11.1, and 11.2 beta) it just doesn't want to. Pops up asking to approve the kext. I do, it restarts, but then upon running kmutil load it just asks for approval & reboot again, creating an endless loop. I'm kinda clueless as to why that's happening, either missing some key piece, or it broke with an update.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Heep042
    [link] [comments]

    Any app to set a timer to sleep my Mac while its playing video or music ?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:19 AM PST

    changing mac address trouble.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:12 AM PST

    hi everyone! i recently got a macbook pro (it's pretty old) but i was trying to change my mac address using the command 'sudo ifconfig en1 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' whenever i do i get the error 'ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Invalid argument.' could someone help me out? yes, i made sure i wasn't connected to any wifis, and yes en1 is the correct interface name.

    submitted by /u/TopiKopi01
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods issues on Big Sur

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:28 PM PST

    Has anyone noticed serious issues with AirPods connectivity on Big Sur? It seems like they have a hard time staying connected to my Mac, and also sometimes have significant latency and audio glitches even while in range. In addition, auto switching is God awful. If it matters, I have a 16" MBP and AirPods Pro.

    submitted by /u/raiderkid05
    [link] [comments]

    Took my iMac (21.5 in. 3.6GHz Intel Core 13) out from storage and this pops up after the Apple logo finished loading. I restarted it again, watch it load and still the same.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:18 PM PST

    I really need help here. My 2019 MBA has super high ping on 2,4GHZ wifi, but only on 2,4GHZ and not 5GHZ wifi. But I can't use 5GHZ wifi in the place I work. Any solutions here?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:01 PM PST

    Help RogStrix H370i

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:46 PM PST

    Hello, can anyone help me for my Hacintosh Catalina config my hardware: - Asus Rog Strix H370-i Intel i5 9600k GeForce GT710 2GB

    submitted by /u/ArtisticRough652
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music alternative for large mp3 collection

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:23 PM PST

    I'm hoping this is a right place to post this, given that Music is part of the OS now

    Is there an alternative program you can recommend to the clunky Music app? I'm looking for something with a built-in media browser like MusicBee, iTunes, and the like. I have a very large mp3 collection and the new Music app is just simply not usable as a navigation/library tool. Thanks

    submitted by /u/LazNegar
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to launch the screenshot utility that you get via the TouchBar in Macbook Pros in Macbook Airs/non-touchbar Macs?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Wireless Keyboard and mouse issues

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    I've got a 2020 Intel Mac Mini running Big Sur. I'm having problems with wireless peripherals. I'm using a magic track pad and a Microsoft ERgonomic keyboard. After working for a bit they start acting squirrelly. The track pad doesn't respond and then suddenly the cursor moves all over the page, The keyboard uses a dongle. And the keys just stop responding.

    I've got a 2020 Intel Mac Mini running Big Sur. I'm having problems with wireless peripherals. I'm using a magic trackpad and a Microsoft ERgonomic keyboard. After working for a bit they start acting squirrelly. The trackpad doesn't respond and then suddenly the cursor moves all over the page, The keyboard uses a dongle. And the keys just stop responding.

    submitted by /u/Craigccrncen
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to have autocorrect only correct small [<3 changes] errors?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:18 PM PST

    i want it for stuff like if i type 'clikced' instead of 'clicked', but not for something where i'm typing slang or a made up word and it guesses something completely out of left field

    submitted by /u/Dent18
    [link] [comments]

    Android Emulator 300% cpu

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:51 PM PST

    Android Emulator uses 300% CPU (according to my activity monitor) even though the CPU as a whole is only 12% used (16 inch, i7). This causes my fans to start running and battery to drain very fast. Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/DrinkTillYouDie
    [link] [comments]

    Sending Imessage through Macbook using email address

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:00 PM PST

    Can i send imessages which include things like pictures and files using the Messages app on my macbook to people who have Iphones. my apple id is my email address as opposed to a phone number since i dont have an iphone.

    im using a macbook pro late 2011 using Mojave

    submitted by /u/itscool83
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel