• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    Apple TV Dual AirPods Pro + Mandelorian

    Apple TV Dual AirPods Pro + Mandelorian


    Dual AirPods Pro + Mandelorian

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:39 AM PST

    I just have to say it's amazing. We have two little ones so watching action movies / shows is a no go until we both got Airpods Pro. Now we can watch with the volume turned up loud without worrying about waking anyone up.

    Also I can't confirm this anywhere but the audio sure feels 3D-ish or at least "surround sound". Seems like official 3D audio support is just for iPhone/iPad though.

    Only gripe I have is I wish the interface for changing the volume was less clunky

    submitted by /u/TheLastBlackRhino
    [link] [comments]

    New Apple TV 4k. Can't play MKV files on multiple apps through SMB Server

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:29 PM PST

    I just bought a new Apple TV 4k today, upgrading from my previous Apple TV 1 just so I can play different video formats much easier. I have a large TV show folder downloaded on my macbook in MKV format, most of which still needs the subtitles. Because of the subtitles, and just how many shows I have downloaded, converting to another format isn't an option.

    I have used VLC, the free version of Infuse, and the paid version of PlayerXtreme (already had a lifetime premium) through an SMB server I setup on my Macbook. All my folders and files load properly on my TV, but when i go to play any mkv format, it loads for multiple minutes then either kicks me back to the folder, or tells me "An error has occurred". When I play a natively supported format like mp4, it loads perfectly fine, albeit slowly, and plays like normal.

    It only seems to be an issue with SMB server, as when I use VLC Remote Playback, it works perfectly fine, but I don't want to have to drag and drop all my show in a web browser every time I want to watch something on my TV. I just want to be able to access my files as if I were watching it on my Mac.

    If anyone could help me out, that would be great. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/EMB3R14
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t find extra features on the PS5 app

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:53 PM PST

    It took me a while to find them on iOS but I eventually did. I can not for the life of me find them on the ps5 though. Will this be updated?

    submitted by /u/realeyesdream
    [link] [comments]

    Xcode on VMWare & ATV4K

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:30 AM PST

    Hi All.

    I don't own a Mac so I have installed Big Sur onto a VM and was wondering if I can use xcode to enable the streaming stats on my Atv.

    Xcode is currently installed and will boot up but it's not picking up my Atv. Any suggestion?

    I'm not buying a Mac just to enable this option before anybody suggests it :P

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/TKavers
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix issues on Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:57 AM PST

    Out of nowhere I've been getting Netflix error code -11800 every few minutes while watching Netflix. I've tried all of the solutions that google (the standard restarting the Apple TV, restarting router and modem, reinstalling the app, changing DNS settings) has given me and none seemed to have worked. Has anyone else experienced this problem lately? If so, is there a way to fix it that I'm not trying?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ddf007
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods just stopped working with Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:46 PM PST

    I got an Apple TV 4K last week, and have been using my AirPods for night time viewing since I got it. All of a sudden now I get an error saying to make sure the AirPods are turned on, in range, and ready to pair any time I try to use them. The Apple TV 4K is in the same place it was previously when it worked (and in the same spot my gen 4 ATV worked without issue). Any ideas what's all of a sudden causing this? No new wireless devices have been added.

    submitted by /u/TwicePuzzled
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube app kicks me out after 15 minutes

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:49 PM PST

    I'm attempting to watch long videos (sound of rainstorms) while I sleep. I'm using YouTube on my Apple TV. After roughly 15 minutes it fails and reverts to my Apple TV Home Screen. I've looked at all the settings on YouTube and Apple TV and can't figure out why this is happening. Thank you for the help!

    submitted by /u/mwest278
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV in Home Assistant & Automations (Official Integration)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:38 AM PST

    Apple TV 4k 64GB on the way....now what?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:08 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have an ATV 4k 64gb on the way, and with it being my first foray with Apple TV, I just wanted to reach out for some tips and tricks.

    My understanding is that I can now in theory, use this box as my primary streaming device.

    What I would love to be able to do, is have Disney+, Netflix and Prime all give me 4k content(video AND audio-atmos, etc). The issues I currently have is that thru my devices I have now, there is no support for Atmos or TrueHD, only Dolby Vision or HDR.

    So, my understanding is that Apple TV generally supports both with the major streaming platforms. But also on top of that, I'd like to be able to stream my media library using maybe VLC to the box too.

    Am I on the right track with how I'm planning to set this up? It would be with a wired ethernet cable as well.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Bear16
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to to remove recommended videos on YouTube app? Half of them are videos I’ve already watched and sit there for months, I don’t understand youtube’s awful algorithm.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:02 PM PST

    Apple TV 4K- can I change video format based on app?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:58 PM PST

    YouTube TV looks best at 1080p SDR but HBOmax looks best at 4K HDR and Netflix looks best in Dolbyvision. Can I set this by app?

    submitted by /u/rhinosaur-
    [link] [comments]

    Siri remote in battery widget

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:51 PM PST

    Anyone know if it's possible to add a Siri remote to the battery widget. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SenpaiCastilian
    [link] [comments]

    What are some must have TV/movie apps to have?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:29 AM PST

    I already have Tubi and Pluto, just curious about some that I may be missing that are worthy

    submitted by /u/Jatsfam
    [link] [comments]

    New apple tv remote not connecting

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:15 PM PST

    I lost my apple tv remote so i stopped using it a year ago. Just bought a new remote and its not connecting to my apple tv (4th gen). It just tells me to get closer and i am pressing the menu and volume up buttons for 5 seconds and tried longer. Wondering if anybody knows how to fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/Jaay28
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless audio sync fails every time. I’ve gone through Apple’s troubleshooting guide but nothing works. This screen shows up a couple of seconds after selecting the option.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:21 PM PST

    Can you get a 4K upgrade through bundle if you already own some of the movies?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:44 PM PST

    Hi, I'm trying to get the hobbit trilogy on iTunes in 4K and I think I redeemed two of the movies through movies anywhere years ago. I've heard that you can't upgrade through MA and on iTunes it I can't upgrade them.

    So if I purchase the bundle will it upgrade the already purchased ones as well?

    submitted by /u/IHAZBACONZ
    [link] [comments]

    Can I play movies in 4k without Apple TV 4k? (using just the app)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:36 PM PST

    I see on the store when I select a movie it states: You can watch content in 4k only on Apple TV 4k. So I have the Apple TV app on my Xbox Series X, and I was hoping to watch a 4k movie from the store. If I pull the trigger on it will it play in 4k as it is titled, or will it dial it back to HD as I haven't got the actual box? Apologies if this has been asked already...

    submitted by /u/plzlerde
    [link] [comments]

    TV Shows Apple TV

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:19 PM PST

    I've recently purchased 2 seasons of Two and a Half Men from iTunes on my iPad. They appeared as I expected in the Apple TV in categories under Season 1 and the Season 2. I then thought I'm enjoying this and purchased the entire collection as it was cheaper than buying the remaining seasons individual still. Now, I didn't expect a discount/compensation for the seasons I've bought already but I didn't expect to get all 261 episodes under one header, not separated into seasons and then duplicate episodes of the seasons I've already purchased?!

    Has anyone else ran into this issue and know how to get my library back looking tidy?

    submitted by /u/rosscop123
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to move all the movies I’ve bought to an external hard drive?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:54 PM PST

    Just wondering is there a way to move the movies I've bought to an external hard drive to give to my family member off grid

    submitted by /u/a19ster
    [link] [comments]

    What’s up with infuse pro 5?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:37 AM PST

    Why will ATV 4K + HomePods paired all on 14.3 firmware not show or allow selection of Dolby Atmos! Getting frustrated and very annoyed at this BS.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:58 PM PST

    Why will ATV 4K + HomePods paired all on 14.3 firmware not show or allow selection of Dolby Atmos! Getting frustrated and very annoyed at this BS.

    submitted by /u/MiamiC70
    [link] [comments]

    Help. Can’t play after pausing.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:31 AM PST

    Atv 4K. A1842 tvOS 14.3. When playing local content from my computer I can browse my library, no issues. I can play movies and tv shows. No issues.

    But if I pause (both movies or tv) everything hangs when I press play to continue watching. Even the sound effects in springboard hang for a few seconds

    But Other apps work fine (Netflix Disney+)

    I've verified is is up to date. I've restarted. I've reset to factory and reset everything.

    I've quit and restarted my TV server. Run disk warrior on the drive.
    The computer is on 10.15.7 and is on Ethernet.

    The only way to make it work is to quit out "Computers " and resume playing and it will play fine. But then it's the same. Cannot pause then play without it hanging.

    EDIT::

    It seems that this is only happening when playing HEVC videos. Not in movies encoded in h.264

    Weird

    submitted by /u/satanmat2
    [link] [comments]

    TV App refuses to move movie downloads

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:18 AM PST

    I have a point of frustration that goes back to the iTunes days and has been problematic for years for me. I have a lot of movies and due to issues like Apple (and other streaming services) removing content from their store I always download the movies I purchase. I have a dedicated Mac Mini in my equipment rack and it is connected to a Synology NAS.

    The issue is, sometimes the Mac loses connection to the NAS and starts downloading new purchases to the internal SSD. I open TV app preferences and change the file location and make sure the "Keep Media Folder Organized" and "Copy Files to Media Folder" are checked. It will then bring up a dialog box and rapidly scroll through all the movie titles. BUT, it refuses to actually MOVE the files. They are still on the Mac HD. I untick the aforementioned boxes and restart the app. Check the boxes again, it scans all the movies again and doesn't move a dang one! It is incredibly frustrating. The only way to remediate is to delete dozens of movies at hundreds of GB and force the app to re-download. Maddening!

    Anyone else have this problem? Has anyone solved it?

    submitted by /u/imahawki
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel