• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    iPad 12.9-Inch iPad Pro With Mini-LED Display Rumored to Launch in First Quarter of 2021

    iPad 12.9-Inch iPad Pro With Mini-LED Display Rumored to Launch in First Quarter of 2021


    12.9-Inch iPad Pro With Mini-LED Display Rumored to Launch in First Quarter of 2021

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:57 AM PST

    trying to find the best way to integrate my work flow between windows and ipados. how do you switch between the 2? one day i hope to use my ipad as my main device but i need to use keil for a lot of my uni work :/

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:10 AM PST

    How do you get rid of a window in safari, when in splitscreen?.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:49 AM PST

    I'm new to ipad iOs. Whenever Iv accidentally opened a mini window of safari over a current window of safari, it just stays in splitscreen or mini window mode. I drag it to the right and it doesn't delete.

    submitted by /u/hotvimto1
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone replaced their iPad with a laptop?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:51 PM PST

    I am curious to hear from you iPad users, I hate laptops and I have a desktop at home, so I wonder if an iPad can actually replace a laptop if you are a student, and what were your personal experiences.

    I do have an iPad 7th gen at home, and I wonder if someone has ever used that as a full time workstation.

    submitted by /u/apocalyptic-pizza
    [link] [comments]

    How good is the new iPad Air for reading?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:17 AM PST

    Hi everyone! I've been thinking of investing in an iPad for a while, and I was wondering if anyone uses the new iPad Air for reading books? Any thoughts on good points/ bad points of using it for this reason?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ThatUnwantedGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Am In my early 40’s and after 20+ years of using Windows, finally made the shift to Mac, and I couldn’t be happier. Had my Ipadpro and iphone 12 mini as well this year. Any tips on maximizing this “ecosystem”?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:43 AM PST

    iPad Pro as Monitor for Linux

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:02 PM PST

    I've done quite a bit of research and have attempted the suggested methods of VNC; however, without much success I've been unable to find a working solution.

    Following the steps below:

    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=191555

    At first no Virtual1 exist in the xrandr output. I had to first create the file under

    /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf

    Section "Device"
    Identifier "intelgpu0"
    Driver "intel"
    Option "VirtualHeads" "1"
    EndSection

    This allowed Virtual1 to be created however main screen had a bunch of glitches and pixel distortion and even with Virtual1 working was still unable launch command below as it would give the following error.

    xrandr --output Virtual1 --mode 1368x1024_60.00 --right-of eDP1

    error: xrandr: Configure crtc 1 failed

    I deleted the file 20-intel.conf and rebooted to correct distortions/glitches on the main screen (eDP-1).

    I've been unable to get this working in any variation and open to anyone's feedback or experience attempting the same. I would really hate to have to resort to getting hackintosh up and running and would prefer to stay on Ubuntu 20.04.1 or some linux distro variation.

    Hardware

    • Dell XPS 9380 with Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
    • Intel® Core™ i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz
    • Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (WHL GT2)
    • iPad Pro 11 inch (2nd Generation)
    submitted by /u/420coupe
    [link] [comments]

    Is there silicon case like 9.7 Pro 2016 for 11 Pro 2020?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:17 AM PST

    That 2016 one was solid with raised edges, instead of that new with flimsy top cover. Maybe aliexpress outperformed Apple and made something?

    submitted by /u/SW-
    [link] [comments]

    iPad charging port stopped working after connecting PS5 controller

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:06 PM PST

    I am not sure if it is a global problem with new Apple iPad Airs or it is a coincidence, but mine got it's charging port burnt after connecting PS5 controller via USB C to USB C cable. I wanted to try whether my iPad could charge the controller, after connecting them nothing really happened, after a moment I put back my iPad so it would charge over night and then I notice that charging isn't working anymore. Next day I went to the Apple Service where I was told that the port somehow got completely destroyed internally. I wonder if anyone tried that before and it is just coincidence or it might be a global problem.

    submitted by /u/Hunteerq
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone able to tell me how to restrict sound on an Ipad?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:06 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    My 3 year old nephew likes to blast his newest christmas gift on full blast. I've trying to lower the sound manually with the buttons and even the interface bar, but the little guy just keeps cranking it back up when he is playing his games.

    Is anyone please able to explain me how I am able to set a limit to the sound of his games. The only videos I am finding online give out settings for limiting sound while using a headphone airpod connection. I am baffled by the fact that it's so complicated (or actually hard to find info on the matter by such an esteemed company).

    Please help me help my parents from losing their mind to their grandchild.

    Thank you kindly,

    submitted by /u/Odd-Ad-3257
    [link] [comments]

    I made a short video showing how Scribble improves the accuracy of character recognition by recognising words. Also shows an unadvertised feature to help you correct the wrong corrections that it makes.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:26 AM PST

    Getting my first iPad! What should I be ready for?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:27 AM PST

    I'm a software engineer and most of my leisure time is spent watching matches (huge sports fan), playing games (Clash Royale on iPhone), and browsing social media. At work half a day goes into Zoom meetings.

    Just today I decided to add iPad to my MacBook and iPhone family. What should I expect and prepare for?! I'm very excited!

    Sorry if this is an inappropriate post.

    submitted by /u/AbdussamiT
    [link] [comments]

    Fast charging - are there time frames useful for determining charging speed

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:24 AM PST

    There are so many chargers and cables now it's getting crazy. Are there tried & true time frames that demonstrate fast charging is happening?

    For ex, I have a 2020 iPad Pro 11" and I know my Apple 18W brick and the Apple USB-C cable fast charge it. I'm now trying to test third party options -- like the "Anker Nano USB-C Charger, PIQ 3.0" 20W charger. Any rules of thumb -- like how long it takes to fully charge an iPad?

    After reading this article and others, it seems you a PD-compatible charger for fast charging on iPad:

    https://www.inviolabs.com/blogs/news/new-ipad-pro2018-usb-c-fast-charging-test

    ...Looks like the Anker Nano is PIQ and while it may fast-charge an iPhone it may not an iPad. But that the AUKEY Omnia Mini 20W may because it's PD.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08G13M8LJ/

    Man I wish this were clearer to understand when shopping for chargers & cables.

    submitted by /u/SeekHigherGround
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve never really drawn before, but I got an iPad a few weeks ago and I’ve been practicing by drawing my friends’ cats with ProCreate.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 05:57 PM PST

    IPadOS needs this

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:24 PM PST

    are those count under the total time or is it different? I couldn’t figure it out

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:10 PM PST

    Is there a way to hack into or share screen an iPad (8th gen) onto my iMac?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:40 AM PST

    I got my mom (67 y/o) an iPad because she really wanted one but unfortunately really can't handle it, so I want to set it up for her remotely on my iMac. I know how to remote access a PC/Mac with another PC via TeamViewer or AnyDesk, but I tried it with iPad and it didn't work. I decided I would just get her to do a share screen via Messenger or Google Meets but that failed too. Is Skype or Zoom any better? Or is it only possible with another iPad? Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/hystericalbaby
    [link] [comments]

    What is ‘i.kym-cdn.com’ ?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:27 AM PST

    I use screen time to check what I use the most retroactively, and when I received the notification of "Your weekly screen time report was 24h per day" I was a little confused to say the least. When I checked the report it told me that for all 168h last week, something named i.kym-cdn.com with a safari icon (I only use chrome) was apparently using screen-time. After a little investigation, it turns out whatever this is has been running since around 2pm on the 11th of December. Anyone know what this is, or how to get rid of it?

    submitted by /u/ThePostPoster
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS on iPad

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:11 AM PST

    It's been quite obvious that iOS and MacOS have been blending and getting closer. There is still a clear line and there should be but with the implementation of ARM/M chips on laptops and keyboard/trackpad support on iPad it seems we are getting close. Clearly one is more suitable for touch and one for traditional inputs.

    TLDR: Would anyone want the ability for an iPad when attached to a keyboard/Trackpad to run MacOS and when not automatically switch to iOS style interface?

    I just got the Magic Keyboard on my iPad Pro 12" and it just seems like a no brainer with the ARM/M based cpu's across the board and the amazing power devices like the iPad already has. Anyone think this will eventually happen? This would be my dream device. Pretty much a Surface but with actually good software and hardware depending what form factor you are using.

    submitted by /u/Bmied31
    [link] [comments]

    iPad App to open .psb files?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:47 AM PST

    does anyone know of an iPad app that opens .psb files? I'm guessing photoshop does but i'd rather pay a one off price for an app rather than a subscription for photoshop.

    submitted by /u/Kizon
    [link] [comments]

    iPad air 3 bright spot (white spot) just above the home button, is there anyone who had same problem like me?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:20 AM PST

    So what exactly do you use your iPad for? I consider buying one but am unsure if it fits my purpose.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:55 AM PST

    I do a lot of entertainment stuff through my macbook - watching videos, listening to music etc - it's my main entertainment hub and I use it for multiple hours a day so the usage is there. This is where the iPad would come in: I'd use it for the same things, like playing music in the background while cooking - bringing it with my to watch a video on the side or while doing something else. Is this something the iPad prevails over the macbook? Does it make sense to make the jump? I'll probably rarely use it for app stuff, focus is more on internet. Generally I just want to know how and for what you use your ipad day to day and if that's something for me.

    Edit: Also how's the battery life on the 2020 models? I don't want to have to charge it every day but want to get about 4 - 6 hours of entertainment (youtube, spotify) out of it.

    submitted by /u/Remoock
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a case for iPad 7th gen that I can keep my smart keyboard on?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:33 AM PST

    My brother gave me his iPad and I was wondering if there is a case that I can use to protect my iPad, and still let the keyboard attached to the iPad...

    submitted by /u/sageabui
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel