• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    Apple TV Forget 4K, can we collectively rejoice that HBO adopted the native ATV search engine with its latest update?

    Apple TV Forget 4K, can we collectively rejoice that HBO adopted the native ATV search engine with its latest update?


    Forget 4K, can we collectively rejoice that HBO adopted the native ATV search engine with its latest update?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:25 AM PST

    No longer need to scroll to select every letter, the keyboard pops up on my phone and the voice search is available! That was always the worst part of using the HBO app, but it looks like they're finally on board!

    submitted by /u/tnick771
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV dimming up and down after pausing. Why is it doing that? I want it to stay bright. Its on a LG projector.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:11 AM PST

    Any indicator that Dolby Atmos is active with HomePod setup?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:39 AM PST

    Once you have your audio going through the HomePod in home theatre mode, how can you tell if Dolby Atmos is working? Tried some Apple TV + content and I just don't know if there's a way to see what type of audio is being pushed out. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/atkpitt12
    [link] [comments]

    Sharing SOME photo albums on Apple TV

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:39 AM PST

    This may not be the correct place for this question, but I was just wondering if there was a way to choose which iCloud photos appear on Apple TV? The Apple TV uses my AppleID, but the whole family uses it, and I don't like that everything on my phone appears there. I'd love to be able to set it to just access shared albums or something, for example. Any thoughts? Cheers.

    submitted by /u/cronnyberg
    [link] [comments]

    Remote question

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:37 PM PST

    Does anyone have recommendations for third party remotes? I'm personally amazed at the fact that a track pad and 6 buttons get the job done but I often fear breaking or losing the remote and was wondering if my fellow Apple TV brothers and sisters have different preferences.

    submitted by /u/Oakland910
    [link] [comments]

    Apple virgin needs help

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:48 AM PST

    I just got an Apple TV and fumbled around on my android phone and got myself an apple id, now it's telling me that I need an iTunes account for downloading apps. I don't have an iTunes account or any other Apple devices, now what?

    submitted by /u/bubbanbrenda
    [link] [comments]

    Any users in China?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:56 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I live in China and I'm looking into buying an Apple TV 4K. Certain apps like YouTube and Netflix aren't available in China but can easily be used with a vpn. Does anyone know if I can use apps like those two and Disney Plus with an Apple TV in China? Will it work if I play them via airplay from my Mac to the Apple TV?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/siwallace001
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4k - 4k hdr stuttering

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:08 AM PST

    Dears,

    I have a problem to stream below 4k movie. Having a lot of stuttering so movie is not smooth. I use Plex media player but tried also play the movie through Infuse Pro but it was the same. Do you know what might be wrong? Container - mkv Codec - hevc Sound - 5.1 EAC3

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Sad3k
    [link] [comments]

    Xfinity App

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:17 PM PST

    I know this has been asked before but here I go. I'm at my whit's end streaming Xfinity using the app on my Samsung app. The choppiness is terrible. I'd rather not add Roku to my tech ecosystem, any ideas if and when Xfinity may introduce an Apple TV app?

    submitted by /u/mcamuso78
    [link] [comments]

    NFL app not working

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:39 PM PST

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    When we open the NFL app, it shows the logo but then just goes to a black screen. Trying to watch the 8pm EST game tonight.

    tvOS 14.3

    Closed all apps and tried again. Deleted the NFL app and redownloaded it. Signed out of our TV Provider in Settings and tried again. Signed in to another tv provider and tried again. Tried Sleeping the ATV throughout trying these things. Nothing. Can't say when the last time we used the app was but I think it worked for us at one point. I think?

    submitted by /u/001011010
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to set up an old TV and Apple TV 3 in an extra bedroom. Apple TV gives me this error when trying to join my wifi network before even allowing me to try and type a password

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:51 PM PST

    AppleTV on FireTV kicks me out of Episodes into AppleTV Menu

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:24 PM PST

    Hello Dear FireTV Users,

    I got a problem with the AppleTV App on my FireTV 4K Stick. I was starting a new TV Show, and after a couple of minutes, it goes black and kicks me into the AppleTV Menu again. Anyone know why and how to solve it?

    I can manually scrobble further, however, it'll kick me into the Menu again after some time.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Loohney
    [link] [comments]

    Help - Random red stripes appearing at random intervals and position on screen (typical 1 frame every 5-10 min)? Known solition to fix?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:13 PM PST

    Need Help! Certain movies and shows don't have sound

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:24 PM PST

    I gave an Apple 4k TV to parents Christmas and today they bought a new Sony Bravia X95 some shows and movies on certain apps work but others don't. For instance, on HBO Max, Justice League has sound but Wonder Woman doesn't. On Disney+ Avatar has sound, but Rise of Skywalker doesn't. With my Apple Library, The Princess Bride has sound, but The Phantom Menace doesn't

    submitted by /u/ciege12
    [link] [comments]

    PS5 Controller

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:38 PM PST

    Has anyone been able to pair a PS5 controller to the TV?

    submitted by /u/XiozTzu
    [link] [comments]

    Stream online movies from Mac to Philips Smart TV (Non-Android)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:57 PM PST

    Hi,

    Currently I have a Philips Smart TV with Saphi OS (Non-Android) and I would like to stream online movies from free websites or I would lile to stream downloaded torrent movies.

    Currently I am using PLEX media server on my Macbook Pro and streaming it on my Firestick connected to my Philips Smart TV. In this setup I have to download the movies on my Mac and then stream it using PLEX Media Server.

    My question is if I purchase a Apple TV will I be able to stream online movies (Directly from Websites) and Downloaded movies from my Mac Pro to Smart TV ?

    If YES then what version Apple TV should I invest in?

    submitted by /u/throwawayQA999
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K box received as a gift. Should I keep when I already own a TCL 55R617 Roku TV?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:56 AM PST

    Honest question. What added benefit would the Apple box give? I am open to keeping it if it makes sense. The TCL TV we already own is 4K HDR with Dolby Vision HDR. So . . . help!?

    P.S. We are an iPhone and iPad household, but use only Windows PCs, if that factors into the decision.

    Edit: The TV is a smart TV with the Roku "Operating System" built in. So I guess for the sake of simplicity one could maybe think of it as a TV with a Roku box.

    submitted by /u/mattdwill86
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV in Theatre Mode Volume Control with 3rd Party Remote

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:11 AM PST

    I have an Apple TV 4K set up in Home Theatre mode with two HomePods. Is there any way to control the volume with the Function 3rd party remote? It just wants to control the actual TV volume. Siri remote works just fine but want to be able to use the Function remote.

    submitted by /u/atkpitt12
    [link] [comments]

    Atmos not appearing in Netflix, tvOS 14.3

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:19 AM PST

    I have an Apple TV 4K running 14.3, and the latest Netflix app. It is connected using brand new HDMI cables to a Denon AVR-X3700H

    Apple TV+ content in Atmos works perfectly

    With Netflix, shows that I know are in Atmos are showing up as "5.1" in the app

    Is there a fix for this, or is Netflix just super buggy with Atmos right now?

    UPDATE: After reading through some other posts on this topic, it would appear that you just need to play some Atmos content, and then the app will update to show the correct content format

    submitted by /u/bemaniac
    [link] [comments]

    After every update, Atmos rears pop in/out.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:47 AM PST

    They pop in and out on the musical score of Atmos movies. The only way I've found to fix it, is to Reset (not reset and update) and sign back into apps. Was happening during WW84. Kids were noticing. All good after reset. This has been happening since TVos 12.

    14.3. I try not to update but the "update available" banner starts popping up randomly more and more while watching stuff.

    submitted by /u/JamminJerome
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV on late 2011 iMac

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:46 AM PST

    I have a late 2011 27" iMac I'd like to retire and use for media playback.

    Ideally I'd like Netflix, YT, and Amazon Prime Video available, all controlled via a remote.

    Is this possible? When I look at the possibility of using this model iMac as am external monitor, I see many restrictions, and don't see that a separate AppleTV device would fit the bill.

    Has anyone had success doing something similar? I'll personally mess around with wireless keyboards etc. but that doesn't go for the rest of the household - it has to be something I can drive from a remote with a dedicated interface.

    submitted by /u/mrsean2k
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a difference between 4th generation vs 4k just for Apple Fitness+?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:16 AM PST

    Hello all,

    Just like the title said, I'm looking to get an Apple TV really just for Fitness+. I already have Roku for all of my TVs and this would go on the tv we have in our garage gym.

    Im looking to buy a used unit and I'm wondering would I see any difference if I get a 4th generation HD vs getting a 4K version. Because I'm using Roku for everything else I'm trying to go the least inexpensive route for Apple Fitness+...any thoughts? Thanks

    submitted by /u/elosogrande7076
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel