• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Apple Macbook My Macbook Air Wallpaper

    Apple Macbook My Macbook Air Wallpaper


    My Macbook Air Wallpaper

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Sold my early 2020 MBA i3 and got the MBA M1. I’m so happy!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:31 AM PST

    Chrome looks fuzzy

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:15 PM PST

    I recently purchased a Macbook Air M1 base model. I am happy with the comptuer overall, however I have noticed that chrome looks fuzzy/blurry. I have been a windows user all my life, so I don't know if the fuzziness is apart of mac.

    submitted by /u/pakpackers123
    [link] [comments]

    Can the M1 Macbook Pro emulate Gamecube & Wii?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:49 PM PST

    I currently have a Early 2015 Macbook Pro and it simply can't emulate gamecube or wii games it just can't but I have a very long list of games I want to emulate so i'm just trying to figure out am I going to need to buy a PC to run GC & Wii games or if I just upgrade my macbook to the M1 Macbook Pro will it be able to run gamecube and wii games? I'd really really like to just have a macbook and that's it because I game on consoles only except for Gamecube & wii games and I don't really like PC's i prefer mac. But if the M1 Macbook Pro can't run Gamecube & wii games smoothly then i'll be forced to get a PC that can. Just trying to figure out what to do. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/brandonpackard101
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook Air Battery Life

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:17 PM PST

    M1 MacBook Air Battery Life

    Hey! I just got my first Mac, and M1 MacBook Air with 8GB of memory and 256GB of storage. I have been a windows guy my whole life and never really considered Macs, until now. This M1 chip is shredding every other chip in its' class, it is mind boggling. The battery life is also really good, but I have a question. Dose this graph of energy use to screen on time look right to you guys? Thanks!

    https://preview.redd.it/l34aywt3y1861.png?width=2880&format=png&auto=webp&s=2cbf68ce43d43defd81f2e5c9c1b3df314bc04aa

    submitted by /u/Leftover_Waffle3
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBookPro comes today.!!!!!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:27 PM PST

    Can't wait to play with it and start a new journey into 2021 and write my book finally.

    Tips are always welcome.

    submitted by /u/MeMajaSammy
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else just use the built in track pad and keyboard while docked?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:03 AM PST

    Longshot help request - Satechi Bluetooth Wireless Smart Keyboard

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:03 PM PST

    I got a Satechi Bluetooth Wireless Smart Keyboard for Christmas, to use with my MacBook Pro. Overall, it works great and is very comfortable. But one thing isn't working as configured: function keys. I have the setting checked to use F1, etc. as function keys rather than "special" keys (media, etc.). But this keyboard isn't honoring that setting. In one of my text editors I tend to hit F8 a lot, and now every time I do iTunes launches...

    Anyone recognize these symptoms and have a solution?

    submitted by /u/rjray
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Minor Water Damage on MB PRO 16- Should I be Concerned?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:23 PM PST

    So basically today I was drinking a Starbucks refresher near my MacBook pro and I guess somehow the lid must have leaked because I noticed a very small droplets of the drink on my MacBook pro. I mean literally a few tiny droplets of it. It was all on the surface and I was able to dry it all off but I did notice a very tiny droplet inside my trackpad and was able to dry it using a thin strip of a napkin and so far appears to be gone. The computer appears to work fine but I have turned it off since then. However I spent over 2k on this laptop last month, I'm very worried that this could lead to water damage on my MacBook. I have applecare+ and I believe it covers water damage. Should I take it to apple for a diagnostic? Should I be concerned about possible water damage if I was able to dry everything off?

    submitted by /u/magnoliaa_
    [link] [comments]

    What is the gaming performance of the new M1 Air?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:17 PM PST

    I'm no PC gamer but I do enjoy the occassional indie, simulation, or strategy game that isn't available on console. As a lifetime Windows user, how does macOS and the M1 chip fare in this regard? The games in particular I enjoy playing are...

    • The Sims 4: I know for a fact this has a macOS version but how does it perform on the fanless M1? My current i5-5200U, Nvidia 930M laptop runs it at mid-low settings.
    • Hearts of Iron IV: Not sure if this even has a macOS version but is it possible to run it using Parallels or a Windows VM setup? Again, how would the M1 fare in this case? My current laptop already runs the game at the bare minimum settings with a pretty low FPS so I don't need anything stellar.
    • Guild Wars 2: I checked and this has a macOS client. Has anyone tested it with the M1 chip? I'm not expecting much because GW2 is an awfully unoptimised game.
    • Star Wars - The Old Republic: This is the one I'm least sure about, as I know for a fact it doesn't have a macOS client and there has been trouble in the past getting it to work via VM setups. Has anyone managed to do so on macOS and an M1 chip?
    submitted by /u/DeusBex
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air mid-2013 won’t update to Big Sur

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:07 PM PST

    Bluetooth Connection issues, MacBook Pro 13, 2020 Intel

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:22 PM PST

    Hello, I have the macbook pro 13" 2020, 4 thunderbolt port model. Other specs are 10th gen i5 with 16Gb DDR4 ram.

    I started having bluetooth connection issues about 3 days ago. I have recently upgraded to Big Sur from Catalina.

    My Magic Trackpad 2, Magic Keyboard, and Airpods Pro were the three devices connected. I also use two USB-C hubs, one with three USB A ports, the other with two USB A and an HDMI port. Lastly, I use a single HDMI to USB-C adapter for a total of three displays counting the macbook's.

    Anyway, the issue started three days ago with my bluetooth devices losing connection randomly, however it was always all connected devices at once. I could turn off bluetooth, turn it back on and re-pair, which would reconnect everything and then use it until it disconnected again.

    I started searching online for a solution, but nothing seemed to work. I followed a few guides on here and tried all kinds of stuff. I ended up finding a solution and would like to document it here for anyone that might be having the same issue now or in the near future.


    The "Fix":

    Step 1: Hold down the Shift (⇧) key and the Option key and click on the Bluetooth menu in your Menu Bar on your Mac.

    Step 2: Go to Debug > Remove all devices and click on it to disconnect from all paired Bluetooth devices.

    Step 3: Now open the same menu once again and click on Debug > Reset the Bluetooth module to reset your Mac's Bluetooth module.

    Step 4: After resetting your Mac's Bluetooth module, turn bluetooth off and proceed to the next step.

    Step 5: Go to https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/01/experiencing-bluetooth-problems-on-your-mac-try-this/#:~:text=To%20reset%20your%20Mac's%20Bluetooth,from%20all%20paired%20Bluetooth%20devices. And Follow the steps under "Method 2: Remove potentially corrupted files"

    Step 6: After you remove the bluetooth files as listed above, shut down your mac (not "restart")

    Step 7: While your macbook is off, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Release the power button and press it once again, to reboot into macOS. (Resetting the SMC)

    That should fix the issues for you.

    submitted by /u/njemt856
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do to replace my 2013 Macbook Air? A new Mac Mini vs. Macbook vs. Just get an external hard drive?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:24 PM PST

    I have a 2013 A1466 Macbook Air. It's 7 years old, but the performance has been somewhat okay.There are some issues though. The first issue is that it slows down and starts getting heated when I use it for Zoom. Another issue is its storage. The 128GB storage is almost full even after I deleted files I could delete, and the new Big Sur software installation could not work because the device is almost running out of storage.

    Here are some options I'm thinking of to deal with the problem.

    Get a Mac M1 Mini 526GB

    • There's a benefit of getting a big screen, which would be great for any usage at home like watching shows or games.
    • I wouldn't be able to carry it around like a MacBook, which means it cannot be used when I am studying or working outside of my home.

    Get a new Macbook (not sure which model would be the best)

    • There's a benefit of getting another portable device with a better GB. I would be able to carry it around and use it when I'm studying or working outside of my home.
    • The screen will be smaller than a Mac, and it may last shorter than a Mac.

    Get an external hard drive

    • I can still have my old Macbook and increase its storage via the external hard drive.
    • However, portability could be an issue, as it's going to be difficult to carry it around with the external hard drive always attached to the device. I'm also wondering if the drive could also save applications and programs like Adobe, which is what most of my storage consists of.

    It's a hard choice to make because of pros and cons for each option. What should I do? Any advice would be appreciated!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/blossomsakura
    [link] [comments]

    Does remote play with ps5 work on m1 MacBook Air?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:41 PM PST

    Screen Door Effect - MBA M1 to Ex Monitor

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:26 PM PST

    When I plug my M1 into my HP 1080 IPS monitor I get really bad screen door effect. Mostly is bright and light grey colors.

    Almost like I can see the frequency. Any one know have or know of this issue?

    USB C to HDMI**

    submitted by /u/ajbardalo
    [link] [comments]

    Best Buy Open Box Vs. Apple Refurbished

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:10 PM PST

    Looking for a Macbook Air/Pro for light use. (School work, Netflix etc)

    What would be the best/safest choice: Best Buy Open Box or Apple Refurbished.

    Any suggestions on specs? (RAM, Capacity, i3/i5/i7/i9/M1 etc)

    Budget is around $1200-1500

    Thanks!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Odd-Network-8733
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any comparisons of the M1 Pro and a 2020 10th-gen i5 Pro?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:58 PM PST

    As in title, can't find any comparisons. I have the latter and want to make myself feel worse about how much less powerful mine is compared to the new ones. Granted compatibility is better but meh!

    submitted by /u/ironman12345
    [link] [comments]

    Ketchup related incident.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:56 PM PST

    Good evening,

    Due to unforeseen events, one end of the USB C charging cable for my MacBook Air 2020 has ended up dipped into a small pot of ketchup. I cleaned it out as much as possible with the help of a tampon, but my MacBook Air now won't charge.

    Would anyone be able to advise on what I can do? I've ordered a new USB C cable but I'm worried that having plugged the cable in might have damaged the laptop itself. It's currently working fine but swiftly running out of charge.

    Any and all advice gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/sv21js
    [link] [comments]

    Apple MacBook Air or Pro? (M1, 16gb ram, 512ssd)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:45 PM PST

    I am going to buy my self my first laptop, I only used a desktop before for all my work and games. I need it mainly to study, work and do some basic coding and photoshop, maybe sometimes video-editing. Now i cant decide between the MBA or MBP since I am a little affraid the missing fan on the MBA will cause trubles especially in longterm. Can you help me to decide if its worth to pay 235€ more for a fan, one core more, a touchbar and the brighter screen.

    Thank you guys!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/RengarChampagne
    [link] [comments]

    Email program?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:57 AM PST

    I am getting a MacBook Pro this week. It runs Catalina.

    What is the most nice good and not problamatic email program? And why? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/MeMajaSammy
    [link] [comments]

    Mac lock screen showing wrong time

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:33 AM PST

    As you can see in this picture, the time on my mac's lock screen is 8 hours behind. The time is normal when unlocked and the time zone is set to automatic and I've restarted my Mac but it won't go away. I would really appreciate a fix because settings is saying 'update apple id settings' and not allowing me to access my icloud keychain, and a common fix for that is to ensure that all of your devices' date and time are normal/aligned, so I think this may solve that issue. Thanks

    submitted by /u/mmaxx128
    [link] [comments]

    Mail and Messages use significant battery even though I don't use them

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:26 AM PST

    Is there a way to disable the mail and messages app on Big Sur OS? I don't use either on my macbook but they are killing my battery. I generally use the the gmail website for email on my macbook and I have no need to see my texts on my macbook. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/wood2010
    [link] [comments]

    Will 8GB RAM Be Enough For Me To Use The Laptop For Five Years?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:04 PM PST

    I recently bought an M1 MacBook Air with 8GB RAM. I've seen many posts regarding 8GB RAM being obsolete after a few years so I'm a bit disappointed. I'll be using my MacBook for college and I'm planning to use it for at least another 5/6 years until I graduate from college. I'm doing a BComm major at college.

    Did I make a wrong choice by buying the 8GB RAM version. Will I regret it later.

    submitted by /u/smc23678
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade from 2017 MBP to 2020 MBP?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:53 AM PST

    Hi guys, I hope you and your loved ones are well, I currently own a 2017 base model 13 inch MacBook pro (7th gen i5 dual core, 8gb and 128gb) and I'm pretty happy with it, sometimes it get hot and the fan goes crazy but I'm happy with it overall performance.

    Now, I'm also a tech lover and I would love to upgrade to the newest base MBP with M1 processor but I've got some hesitation caused mainly on buying an almost 5 years old machine (design-wise), with same bezels, weight, thickness and design as my old Macbook, also I'm afraid that the second-gen Apple processor might have a huge gap and that might be accompanied by a totally new design.

    Should I wait for the next iteration or just buy the new M1 machine and keep it for the next 5ish years?

    submitted by /u/MorabittJil
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a brand new M1 MBA. What are the things I should first do on it.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:24 AM PST

    Any tweaks to the settings. Any softwares to install etc. I'm a first time mac user so please help me out

    submitted by /u/jsu23489
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel