• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    iPhone Android to Apple user. Is it possible to add events on iOS Calendar and adjust event time at once?

    iPhone Android to Apple user. Is it possible to add events on iOS Calendar and adjust event time at once?


    Android to Apple user. Is it possible to add events on iOS Calendar and adjust event time at once?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:45 PM PST

    I switched to Apple recently and I'm experiencing a learning curve with some of the apps and functions of iOS.

    One thing in particular that I really miss is that I can tap a time and drag right away to adjust the event length when adding an event in Google calendar. In iOS Calendar, it seems that I need to add and event before I can drag it to adjust the time.

    Is it possible to add and adjust at the same time in the iOS calendar?

    (I know I can just use Google calendar, but I like sticking to stock apps native to the software as much as I can.)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/yeloonie
    [link] [comments]

    Losing all my photos?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:44 PM PST

    My iphone 8 battery has been degrading slowly. On Christmas day, the battery health went to 'service.' I know I can replace the battery, but since I'm due for upgrade, figured I might as well change phones. The problem is... I can't backup my phone because it does not read the battery. For some reason, my recent backups have disappeared (??). If I plug the phone into my laptop, it does not pick up the device. I'm mostly concerned with saving the photos from Christmas and a recent trip with a now-deceased family member. The phone will work, but will shut off and restart every minute or so. It won't stay on long enough to transfer the photos, and I even tried to airdrop them without success. Any suggestions on how I could save my photos??

    submitted by /u/Eclectic-Elk
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch is listed multiple times as data source in Health App. Can I delete some of them?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:44 PM PST

    A few weeks ago I had a problem with my Apple Watch that was not recognized by the iPhone anymore. So I reset and everything worked fine since then. Recently I noticed that in the health app in data sources, my Apple Watch is listed three times. The data sets also span over three different time phases, the first one has spans from the beginning to the day the watch bugged out, the second phase span only over three days which includes the day I noticed the problem with the watch and the last device spans over the phase since those three days up to today.

    My question is, can I delete the other devices without losing my data?

    submitted by /u/lvr-
    [link] [comments]

    Weird green hue

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:17 PM PST

    Is anyone having issues on iPhone 12 models with the green having a green tinge? This is so annoying.

    submitted by /u/Vivalaleeah
    [link] [comments]

    I dropped my iphone. I'm still getting notification beeps but the screen is all black. What should I do and how much does it cost to repair?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:59 PM PST

    SEND HELP

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:25 PM PST

    I purchased a used iPhone 7 a year back. ever since then the phone always used to get very hot & the battery kinda sucked (idk if that was a fake battery or that generally, iPhone 7 battery is shit). I did use it a lot, but not those processor intensive stuff. 4 months back the side of my phone cracked & the battery got swollen.sent to apple store (not in my country) for repair & they said it could either be a battery problem alone or other hardware issues as well. if hardware issue then have to pay 300$ for a new phone which kinda sucked coz I got this one for a less price. so I decided to just replace with a fake battery for a temporary fix. & its been only 20 days since the replacement & already the same problem has started. battery percent not going beyond 15% & keeps on shutting on/off.

    should I again replace with another fake battery or get the Ifixit kit and do it myself? or any other solution which can fix the hardware issue my phone has?

    just broke man struggling to survive.
    PS: there's no apple store or authorized reseller in my locality.

    send help

    submitted by /u/TheMaskedNoobie
    [link] [comments]

    Hallo! I’m trying to get my shortcuts to work properly. Is there a way to make an action in Automation that will dictate something to Siri as if the user was dictating it to her?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:44 PM PST

    Speaker phone issues with 12 Pro Max

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:31 PM PST

    I just upgraded from Xs Pro Max to 12 Pro Max. I use the speaker phone all of the time and since I upgraded to 12 Pro Max people complain that I am cutting out in almost every call I have on speaker phone. Any suggestions other than get rid of it?

    submitted by /u/1BroJack
    [link] [comments]

    Bedtime alarm/remnant from old OS still going off on OS14 - can’t disable it! Going nuts...

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:45 AM PST

    Bedtime/Alarm remnant from older OS persisting after OS 14 upgrade

    A week and a half ago upgraded an iPhone 8 to OS14 (from 11). Every weekday morning the bedtime alarm that was set under the old OS continues to go off (and it's holidays - no one needs that!).

    Happened again today.

    We have tried resetting all settings, restarting phone, disabling data in/out to the clock app from health, disabling sleep scheduling in the health app, and everything else we've found online for this issue - but it still goes off every weekday morning.

    Desperate for other ideas. I can't be stuck with an alarm every day they i can't see, set or disable. This is nuts!

    I appreciate any help - thank you.

    submitted by /u/Topher0gr
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove grey bar on iPhone

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:04 PM PST

    Just got a new iPhone 8, and I want to get rid of this ugly grey bar. Is there anyway to remove it/replace it with the new one? (I have the latest software update)

    submitted by /u/StarWingz972
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone battery question

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:41 PM PST

    Is it ok to charge my phone even if the battery isn't low? I have a wireless car charger and want to make sure it's ok to let it charge every time I get in the car even if it doesn't necessarily need it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/iphonesoccer420
    [link] [comments]

    Will an external lens help with ghosting/lens reflections?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:36 PM PST

    So I just got my iPhone 12 Pro about a week ago. And while the camera is amazing, I've noticed some significant reflections when there's a bright light source in the shot.

    I got this phone hoping to make some videos, mostly dumb videos, but it's hard to ignore random reflections flying across the screen.

    I was wondering if anyone's used any external lenses with the 12. Could those potentially help with the ghosting/lens reflections?

    submitted by /u/Caligator66642069
    [link] [comments]

    Location icon always on after connecting to watch

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:32 PM PST

    Location arrow won't go away

    Hey y'all. Admittedly I don't have a Apple Watch so bear with me if I seem uninformed. Pretty Apple savvy but the watch is new territory.

    Anyway, my mom got an Apple Watch for Christmas. The SE. Since she has set it up and connected it to her phone (new SE) she has noticed the hollow location arrow in the corner of her phone screen. She keeps all her location turned off unless using it, and she said she's gone through all of the permissions and possibilities of what could be using it but has no answers. Even if her watch is turned off, phone Bluetooth turned off, location turned off, there is still the little hollow arrow.

    Understandably she wants the little arrow gone or at least to know why it's there.

    Just looking for any v or insight. I didn't know where to begin with googling so just hoping someone here could help.

    Thanks y'all.

    submitted by /u/plutoizaplanet
    [link] [comments]

    is it okay to use an android charger for my iphone 12?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:14 AM PST

    hello, former android user here. I have two adaptors: pixel 2 (18W) and nexus 5x (15W). I was wondering if i can use either of these to take advantage of iPhones optimized battery charging feature, or do i need to buy an apple OEM charger? thank you guys

    submitted by /u/Typicalardrey
    [link] [comments]

    Privacy/Siri

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:40 PM PST

    Hello,

    This being my actual first post on here, I hope I'm doing this 'reddit-ing' right. Anyways, I'm here for some help with making my phone (iphone 11s) more secure and private from apple. I feel like I have done a pretty thorough job of protecting my privacy so far but I'm really struggling with siri.

    I've disabled siri, removed its access to all my apps and gadgets and yet, I am unable to completely disable and delete siri from my iCloud.

    I've gone through this process, 4 or 5 times over the past couple of days and its the same results every time:

    (1) In my settings, I go to my apple ID, iCloud, media and purchases. (2) There I go to iCloud and (3)manage storage, which brings me to siri. There's only one option "disable and delete", but when I choose that and confirm siri is still there.

    Does anyone else have or had a similar problem like this before/found a solution to completely disable and delete siri?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Turbulant_Life_Style
    [link] [comments]

    HELPP!! What do I do?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:12 PM PST

    Okay so, my iPhone charger is suddenly acting up. When I plugged my phone this morning it was okay until it started to vibrate out of nowhere, my cable is not bent or anything (it's an original, my charger is like 2-3 years old, but it's good as new). Then I needed to charge my phone again bec it's low battery and when i inserted it, it starts to vibrate uncontrollably and there's a sound coming from my adaptor. It has a buzzing sound instead of a hissing sound. I've also cleaned the ports of my charger and iphone, but my adaptor still makes a buzzing sound ):

    submitted by /u/yeolriri
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS touch screen

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:12 PM PST

    A vertical section about a half inch wide just to the left of center of my screen cannot sense any touch (figured this out by trying too coloring in the whole screen on Instagram)I did an update, restart, hard restart, reset all settings and a factory reset and it hasn't been fixed

    This randomly started, it is was not dropped or damaged, the phone and screen look Perfect

    I am able to partially get by, by moving my keyboard to the one handed mode to hit letters that won't work 🙄. I have an appointment this coming Friday, but of course my AppleCare expired at the end of November

    submitted by /u/schwabkn
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud locked

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:39 AM PST

    Hi, so I got an iPhone 6 from a friend but the thing is it's locked to iCloud and I don't know what to do. Is there a way to unlock iCloud and if so how?.

    submitted by /u/coziohis
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Password Changed By Itself!!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:56 AM PST

    I phone 7 microphone problem Hey Redditors, my iPhone 7 microphone doesn’t work during a call or using voice memo but it works perfectly fine during Siri feedback or video recording. What’s wrong with my phone and how do I fix it? Thank you!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:15 AM PST

    I phone 7 microphone problem

    Hey Redditors, my iPhone 7 microphone doesn't work during a call or using voice memo but it works perfectly fine during Siri feedback or video recording. What's wrong with my phone and how do I fix it? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/buymeapizzaplzzz
    [link] [comments]

    Change screenshot settings on iPhone 6s

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:43 AM PST

    So, I'm aware this is probably going to come across as nit picky/completely ridiculous, but could someone tell me if there is a way to change the editing screen when I take a screenshot to make the marker pen bolder? I've been learning french for a while now and have been highlighting in green the french word and yellow the English translation, on my old iPhone se (not the 2020 model) the market highlighter was stronger and easier to see it a glance. I also could flit between colours without having to open the colour wheel. Is there a way I can change my iPhone 6s to have the same screenshot setting as my iPhone se?

    submitted by /u/_ARPATRON_
    [link] [comments]

    12 pro max repeatedly telling me no SIM card

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:20 AM PST

    Every few days and twice today and yesterday I lose all service except WiFi and says I have no SIM card. Happened when I was using directions and I got stuck

    Resetting and airplane mode don't help. iOS is updated. On ATT

    What do I do??

    submitted by /u/Stalefishology
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my iPhone 8 screen have green lines after a small drop yet I can still use it

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:10 AM PST

    Help! I accidentally delete my text from note and it dissapeared

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:11 AM PST

    Hi redditors,

    I need help from you. For me it is very important. Today I wrote long text in my notes and accidentally I deleted text and my all note disappeared.

    Is there some ways, that I can restore these texts ?

    submitted by /u/boywithbackpack
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Volume Help Needed

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:20 AM PST

    My iPhone 12's Volume has suddenly gone very quiet. Just before this I had taken it into a pool and tried a water remover for speakers 3rd party shortcut for the first time ( link at for shortcut at https://routinehub.co/shortcut/571/ ). I am a little worried. It would be amazing if anyone could offer any help or ideas to potentially fix this problem. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/_cozmic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel