• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    Apple iOS [Help] Can't retain metadata and timestamps transferring photos from Android to iPhone, looking for a tool that can

    Apple iOS [Help] Can't retain metadata and timestamps transferring photos from Android to iPhone, looking for a tool that can


    [Help] Can't retain metadata and timestamps transferring photos from Android to iPhone, looking for a tool that can

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:59 AM PST

    Hey guys, thanks for your help.

    I'm trying to transfer my photos from my S8+ to my new 12 Pro Max, and i'm finding it really difficult to retain the metadata and timestamps from my photos. I tried to import them with the move to iOS tool, but the tool failed four times and when successful sent everything but my photos. I'd rather not try my luck again.

    Here's what i've tried so far:

    • Move to iOS - sent everything but photos
    • Windows iTunes file transfer - changed photo date to the date of transfer, not when it was taken. useless having thousands of photos without date order
    • Mac iTunes file transfer - same as windows
    • Google photos - can't download library, would have to download 5,000+ files separately
    • Onedrive - cant download entire library, would have to download 5,000+ files separately

    Does anybody have any suggestions about how to transfer these photos/videos without fucking the timestamps? Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/hikari4870
    [link] [comments]

    The one thing I like about Android that iOS needs to do

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:24 AM PST

    Android allows you to place your icons along the button of the screen instead of forcing them all to be left to right, top to bottom. This actually makes more sense, especially for one-handed use, as your thumbs don't have to travel as far. I wish iOS would either allow arbitrary icon placement, or give users the option to have the icons fill up bottom to top.

    submitted by /u/WoodpeckerOfMistrust
    [link] [comments]

    Phone losing 60% battery overnight, what the hell is happening here???

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:31 AM PST

    [iphone 8 ios 14.2] Abnormal twitter usage. I do not have twitter installed nor leave apps open in the background. What's the cause?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:37 AM PST

    What is the function of the long-pressed pop-up screen for screen recording? I know how to screen record and toggle the microphone, but what would it do to select different apps?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:17 AM PST

    Is there any way to change how much time this skips?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:28 AM PST

    Questions Regarding “Data Linked To You” on iOS 14.3

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:49 AM PST

    I just updated my iphone to 14.3 and was curious about the new privacy information in the app store. So I checked the privacy section of one app that I frequently use: Instagram.

    Holy shit. The list is long! I'm so glad Apple provides this information. But it also makes me mad to Zuck.

    My question is:

    Where can I get more information about each of those items? Does Apple provide those info to the developer if they ask Apple?

    For example, Purchase History. How do I know what it means by "Purchase History"? Do Instagram check the apps that I bought on App Store? (How? Does Apple provide the data to developers?) Do they know the stuff that I bought on sites that I open using Safari? (again, HOW?)

    It also tracks my "Health and Fitness". How do they even do that? When I use a running app like Nike Run Club I needed to explicitly allow the app to read my fitness data, but I don't remember Instagram ever asked me this. Is there some kind of "back door" that allows them to get the data from Health app?

    This is very shocking to me I'm so furious right now. I hope all my assumptions are wrong.

    submitted by /u/uziau
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to control what services I share with the family Apple One sub?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:57 AM PST

    Mainly, I do not want to share iCloud, but everything else. But from what I am seeing it is an all or nothing deal.

    submitted by /u/AnthomX
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube++ for iOS

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:51 AM PST

    I hope this is the right place to post this otherwise remove it.

    Does anybody know of any working way to get the tweaked YouTube app on iPhone? on android it's easy to install YouTube Vanced but an iOS none of the Alt app stores seem to be working.

    Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/hydrogenxy
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of changing the default mail app?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:47 AM PST

    I'm an app developer and while I was making the contact us page I realised that mailto: links open in the apple mail app even if it's uninstalled and not set default. So what's the point?! If I will need to call custom schemes anyway for different mail apps, what makes setting default apps so special?

    submitted by /u/Sethu_Senthil
    [link] [comments]

    Blocking a certain app from downloading/starting?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:00 AM PST

    Is there a way to block a certain app (for example a certain game) from being downloaded from the app store? If not, is it possible to block said app from starting or just limiting the daily usage?

    I know you can limit the usage of app groups, but i just want to block one certain app. Any ideas? I can´t find anything on the internet.

    submitted by /u/Doctor_Mosh
    [link] [comments]

    Did screentime’s logic change?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:39 AM PST

    Screentime issue?

    I have the screen time showing more than actual time.Earlier it used to always sum up the screentime after 12AM. But the battery stats always show for last 24 hrs. So say at 2pm in a day if I want to see my total usage for the day vs battery performance, I use the data from battery and also screen time. Now both screen time and battery are showing same in terms of numbers. But if you see the screen time picture it is hardly 3 hours after 12AM but the total time is around 6 hrs 38 mins. (https://imgur.com/gallery/nOvQdvZ)

    submitted by /u/ssaisusheel
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Apple Bootloop After Restore

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:23 AM PST

    So I went from an Iphon 11 pro, saved my backup to my pc, then tried restoring my backup to an Iphone X. After completely restoring using iTunes, I got a message that restore was complete then my phone restarted. Now it's on a bootloop. I went to dfu mode then chose the option to update instead of restore, it completed the update firmware and all then also gave a message that update was complete and it restarted my phone and the same thing happened, it's still in the apple bootloop. I don't want to lose my files. I was also in enrolled to beta, but I was already in the final release of ios 13.4 on my backup. Should I enroll my iPhone X with the beta certificate before restoring or would that do nothing since the my 11 pro was on the final version already? Can any one help me on this? I really need all my files to be in tact. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/jedlas012
    [link] [comments]

    Network always disable by itself, I have to do this every one hour, I dont understand. Im not on beta and already reset network settings. Can someone help me please ?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:29 AM PST

    Content Blockers in Safari turned off by default since iOS 14.2

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:09 AM PST

    Ever since iOS 14.2 onwards, I've noticed that my content blocker for Safari is now having to be turned on manually for each page I visit.

    I know it's not the specific one I'm using as I uninstalled it in replacement for another and replicated the exact same issue (BlockBear! and then AdGuard). Content Blockers are still enabled within Settings and I made sure everything is switched on as before within the blocker's own app as well.

    Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

    submitted by /u/AbominableSnowdork
    [link] [comments]

    Reset Bluetooth Default Music App

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:06 PM PST

    Phone: 12 Mini, iOS 14.2.1

    I drive an older car without any connected play systems and have a Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the aux jack. For some reason, whenever I connect to the transmitter, iPhone wants to default-suggest Endel, when I would prefer it to suggest Spotify (I used Endel maybe once out of curiosity and then never again). When I was on my 1st gen SE which didn't have Endel (upgraded from that to the 12 Mini), it default-suggested Spotify.

    How can I get the 12 Mini to "forget" Endel and toast-message "You often use Spotify with Bluetooth. Want to load it?" (paraphrased) like my SE used to? Thanks! Other than that the Bluetooth transmitter is working, no problem; I just find the Endel auto-load useless.

    submitted by /u/kls81
    [link] [comments]

    Some AppleID questions from a new IPhone user

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:15 AM PST

    Apologies if this is a wrong subreddit or some questions seem dumb, or obvious, but this is a first time I'm using an Apple device and some AppleID stuff seems a bit confusing to me so here it goes:
    What if I don't plan on buying anything ever from Appstore or pay for any Apple services, can I just roll with a throwaway AppleID for general usage?
    Are free apps tied to my AppleID that I used for the download? What would happen to my [free] apps in case I lose access to that AppleID, would they stop functioning or AppleID is only used for a download function?
    When creating AppleID I'm required to provide a phone number for verification purposes, can I use the same number to verify multiple AppleIDs? Does this automatically enables 2FA for that account and binds that number to it? Can I remove 2FA later on if that's the case?

    submitted by /u/Necessary_Fun_1963
    [link] [comments]

    If you can choose default mail apps why do mail goto links still go to the Apple mail app in iOS 14?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:55 PM PST

    I noticed that when Apple detects an email the goto link that's provided still goes to the Apple mail app, even if you have another email app as default. Even though I deleted the Apple mail app the goto link still wants to go to that app and prompts me to reinstall it. What's the point of default mail apps, then, because I thought that's what the purpose of changing default apps is….

    submitted by /u/a_reborn_aspie
    [link] [comments]

    How to know if my IOS has been compromised?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:29 AM PST

    My iphone has been acting weird, my friends told me that my whatsapp security code changed twice without changing my phone number or changing the phone or even reinstalling it. also, my messenger shows that im active although im asleep and even answered a call when i was asleep. i want to know is this possible to happen by some hacker/program? and how to secure my phone as i fear it is being remotely used by someone.

    submitted by /u/welo10
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone XS - iOS 14.3]-Auto locking not working.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:25 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I use a iPhone XS - iOS 14.3, when i using Facebook messenger with Gboard. Some how, my phone stay on, not dimming and not auto lock.

    No low power mode. I already try turn on/off Passcode.

    Please help.

    submitted by /u/Sad_Year5694
    [link] [comments]

    Data Transfer on Beta 14.4

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:25 PM PST

    [RESOLVED] I might be screwed here, but I have an issue. Today I got an iPhone 11, an upgrade from my 8. On my 8, I have 14.4 beta and have a backup from before the beta. I have done a fair amount of stuff on my phone since 14.4 and wanted to transfer it over when setting up my new phone, but am not sure how to go about it. Any suggestions? I'm new to this kind of stuff so not sure how to troubleshoot it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/grantman1216
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Photos through Spotlight Search on iOS

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:09 PM PST

    Hello folks,

    I'm migrating from Google Photos to Apple Photos on iOS and noticed that Apple Photos does not appear in my spotlight search like Google Photos does when I search a person, place, thing. Is this due to my lack of using Apple Photos and, thus, spotlight not suggesting it? Or.. does Google Photos have a superior spotlight integration on iOS?

    Any tips on getting my Apple Photos indexed to show up in Spotlight would be appreciated. I really enjoy the spontaneous images showing up during searches and the functionality of being able to put a persons name into Spotlight and seeing their images pop up.

    submitted by /u/periodictabledancing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel