• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    iOS Gaming I don’t like Apple Arcade because it puts games I’d otherwise buy behind a subscription based paywall.

    iOS Gaming I don’t like Apple Arcade because it puts games I’d otherwise buy behind a subscription based paywall.


    I don’t like Apple Arcade because it puts games I’d otherwise buy behind a subscription based paywall.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Reigns: Beyond is a recent example of a game I would have bought instantly but pay to rent it? No thanks.

    I see a lot of people around here praising Apple Arcade, and I don't know why, if it was like Xbox game pass where you have the option to subscribe to the service or buy the games outright, that would be great. But Apple Arcade locks many games behind a subscription-based pay wall while giving you no other way to play them on iOS. This is so anti-consumer.

    Please don't tell me it's only $5 a month, because the price is besides the point.

    We need an option to buy the games.

    submitted by /u/JustsomeBRITISHdude
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a turn-based, tactical, character driven multiplayer game with actual PVP

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:22 AM PST

    Hey, after recently receiving an iPad, a game I was playing a long time ago called Atlantica Online came to my mind as something potentially cool on the platform. I went on a spree of downloading various games like Age of Magic, Idle Heroes, Raid Shadow Legends, some HoMM game and none were it. The "tactical" part was more or less non-existing, composition didn't matter much, there's no character positioning within the team etc. So I've figured it'd be best to just ask for a recommendation.

    I'm hoping to find a game that ticks as many boxes as possible where:

    • there's actual pvp (not pve vs bots that just have same team as other players)
    • you compose your team of 4 or preferably more characters
    • positioning of said characters matters and they are not just standing in a line (at least front/back line)
    • as subjective as that is, it's at least ok-looking. Doesn't need bleeding edge graphics, but shouldn't hurt the eyes.

    I don't mind a little p2w, so don't worry about that aspects. Any games come to your minds?

    submitted by /u/jackxblack
    [link] [comments]

    Games like Hearthstones' Single Player Content?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:04 AM PST

    I've had trouble keeping up with HS, but I always enjoy its single player stuff quite a bit - the dungeon runs, challenges, etc.

    I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for similar experiences?

    submitted by /u/SpeculativeFantasm
    [link] [comments]

    LF: fun, compelling game suitable for phone

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:25 AM PST

    Criteria:

    Need to be happy playing it on my phone, not end up wanting it on tablet/console/computer instead

    Nothing frantic

    Compelling and fun. I already have good puzzle games and text adventure type games, but I want something more engaging

    Nothing that goes on and on forever with slow progression, ending up feeling like a daily chore (so not things like animal crossing pocket camp).

    Games I love in general: Zelda, Persona, Danganronpa, Animal Crossing, Rune Factory, then indie games like Monument Valley, Cat Quest, Donut County, etc.

    I even like fairly simple games - I don't recall the name, but there was one years ago where you built up a farming community, had different areas with match 3 games to collect resources then use the resources to build more houses and get more specialized workers.

    I just want some fun, engaging, nice looking happiness on my phone.

    Edit: any age rating is fine.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/level_5_ocelot
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo Immortal, currently in its alpha, is looking and being received way better than everyone expected.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:07 PM PST

    Was just checking some YT videos like this one from Rhykker which covers things well so far. https://youtu.be/6aqcGB21aHg

    The game looks miles better than any "3 rooms and a boss, get 3 stars" fake arpg on mobile right now. Anyone familiar with mobile games will be impressed so far. He goes into detail how a lot of this game feels like Diablo 3.5 and plays great, even expandin on ideas and giving different things to do. The monetization he explains is great for mobile games, about average or better, while of course not being something PC gamers would idealize. But all in all, this game looks like they really did a good job reworking it from their initial announcement which was just a reskin of some crap mobile game. You can watch the above video and others to see the general impression so far is "way better than expected" and is something to look forward to imo.

    submitted by /u/RegretNothing1
    [link] [comments]

    Games to play with my girl on the couch? Love escape rooms/board games

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:12 AM PST

    Me and my girl just finished playing through a dozen of the rusty lake games. I wish monkey island would still be on the app store but it was removed a while ago. I'm about to buy carcassonne and the room. Any suggestions? We love solving problems together or following cool stories. Board games can be great got more casual play.

    submitted by /u/katzee
    [link] [comments]

    Why do most mobile games feel so casual instead of having a high skill ceiling a story you can invest in and at least not another dang clone

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:43 PM PST

    I don't own a pc so I'm pretty sure I'm pushing my non casual expectations on a more casual market but hear me out ok. I see clash of this or final bubble blast 20 or any other dumb template they slap a few microtranactions on and moonrise for a month until player counts die. At some point someone is going to get angry at me cuz I don't represent the larger market but if you look at the apps up top not a single one of those are a shallow arcade based micro traction filled peice of garbage and all of those are super unique. Yewwwww shuddup and lemme get angry before you give me the 'but it make monies" excuse which I gotta accept cuz I don't understand who gives homescapes a go after they get slapped for false advertising.

    submitted by /u/Applebobbbb
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer games

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:42 AM PST

    Hi,

    Was wondering if anyone know some multiplayer games I can play with my SO on the iPad. This could be split screen/ board games or turn based games.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Imizing
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro - Genshin Impact Performance.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:44 AM PST

    For those interested, I did a performance test with a FPS monitor and got a consistent 60 FPS with the new iPad Pro 2020 device and max graphical settings. What was more amazing was the battery temp, I was shocked to see the temp average at 32c. Last, I also did test for other iPhone devices. I'll post a link if interested.

    submitted by /u/DPF30
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox One controller connects to iPad but won’t do anything?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:24 PM PST

    i am able to pair it fine, the iPad says it's connected, the controller light is on. i am trying to play vice city and the dude just won't move

    submitted by /u/5ivewaters
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any snooker or pool games where you can take your turn in your own time like words with friends?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:08 AM PST

    I've been playing snooker nation on PS4 and forgot how much I like playing snooker online.

    It got me thinking that sometimes you don't have time to play 3, 5 or more frames in one sitting. So I was wondering does anyone know of an iOS snooker game that lets you take your shot and then your friend can take their shot when they get around to it? Similar to how the "with friends" games work

    submitted by /u/ajrobsonReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Atom RPG 7.99 —> 5.99 (RPG/Tactical)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:24 PM PST

    Do I need a PC to play GeForce Now?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:24 PM PST

    I don't have a steam account, never owned a PC, all I have is an iPad Pro and an xbox controller that I use for some mobas and stadia, but GeForce has more games I like than Stadia does.

    Also how much does it cost to play? Do I have to buy games as well or just subscribe to the membership?

    submitted by /u/sknysky
    [link] [comments]

    Controller multiplayer dungeon games.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:35 PM PST

    Are there any games on iPhone or iPad that let you run dungeons in groups, similar to WoWs dungeon finder or even something like warhammer vermintide. I played a bit of maple story 2 and it had a system with something similar to this too.

    submitted by /u/WhiteKiteofDoom
    [link] [comments]

    RWBY: Amity Arena is going to shut down their servers. Been playing for years. Looking for recommendations for a similar game I can get into.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:05 PM PST

    Guide: How to Play Wild Rift (Mobile League of Legends) in NA

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:16 PM PST

    1. Create a new riot games account and select EUWest as your region https://account.riotgames.com/
    2. Log out of your AppStore Apple account. Create a new account and select United Kingdom as your region.
    3. Log into your new Appstore account and close the appstore through task manager.
    4. Download VPN- Super Unlimited Proxy (Free) and connect to a server in the UK.
    5. Open up the App store and download Wild Rift
    6. Log into Wild Rift with new Riot Account
    7. Disconnect from VPN
    8. Play Wild Rift
    submitted by /u/ApolloShiloh
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good trading game

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:24 PM PST

    Some of you may remember Blood Brothers, a game where you would build a deck of fighters and compete against each other. You could also trade fighters with others etc. I've never found anything like it, its mostly the trading aspect I miss. Are there any games out there that do this?

    submitted by /u/stahpurkillinme
    [link] [comments]

    What is your best recommendation for an online moba version of Rust?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:53 PM PST

    My friends and I are looking for the best moba version of Rust to play with each other and other random people

    submitted by /u/sknysky
    [link] [comments]

    My iPad Air (3rd gen) has a touchscreen that intermittently becomes non-responsive until I tap in a corner or power the screen on/off. Anyone heard of this?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:10 PM PST

    And were you able to do anything to fix it?

    I think this guy is right about it being related to a particular generation of the hardware.

    I don't want to go through the expense and trouble of having the touch hardware replaced if it wouldn't fix it, as some people say they have experienced. It's hard to know if they had something else going on (a bad screen cover or stylus), so I'm trying to gather more opinions. Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/Puggednose
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for games that are fast paced/easy to move through that can also keep me occupied for a while?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:50 PM PST

    I have ADHD and autism and so I like games that can be played for a while but at the same time don't take forever to complete actions (ie dialogue). Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Maddybear167
    [link] [comments]

    Android/iOS cross-platform multiplayer strategy games

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:25 PM PST

    Hi y'all, me and a friend are looking for good ios/android cross-platform strategy games. I'm a big fan of 4x or board game style games. As far as apps go, I love games like Starbase Orion, Star Traders 4x, Eclipse New Dawn, Waterdeep, etc. Games like waterdeep and other strategy board game adaptations are preferred.

    Thanks in advance everyone!

    submitted by /u/JesusberryNum
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of the best incremental/idle games that don’t require money?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:16 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel