• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    macOS Latest QuickTime icon on macOS Big Sur

    macOS Latest QuickTime icon on macOS Big Sur


    Latest QuickTime icon on macOS Big Sur

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    I’m a Mac Virgin! Help!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    I just received a MacBook Pro as a gift. I have only ever used Windows and have no clue where to start figuring out the ins and outs of Apple. I do have an IPhone, IPad Pro, and Apple Watch so moreso need to figure out how to navigate using the laptop vs a Windows system. Any suggestions would be awesome.

    submitted by /u/OhEmGee807
    [link] [comments]

    Can I update to Catalina?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    I don't know if I am supposed to ask it here, but I have a mid 2012 macbook pro (2.5ghz i5, 8gb DDR3 and Intel hd 4000), and a lot of people told me that I shouldn't update as my mac would become very slow and useless. The macbook pro mid 2012 is supported by Catalina though. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/AquaBoy25
    [link] [comments]

    I need to upgrade my MacOS to Catalina but it won’t let me?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    So my MacBook Pro is from 2012 ish and I used to use it all the time.. until years ago the charging port in the laptop became damaged and wouldn't charge anymore.. long story short o have fixed this issue but now nothing really wants to run properly, my App Store has no images it just shows words and a little box with a question mark in it.. iv made a backup of my entire MacBook and am ready to upgrade to Catalina, i just can't seem to get it to download.. any and all help will be much appreciated.. I'd love to be able to use my laptop for day to day things. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/shiny-sacks
    [link] [comments]

    What gives with this crumby USB 3 transfer speed?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    What gives with this crumby USB 3 transfer speed?

    https://preview.redd.it/bh5sdloypyr51.png?width=732&format=png&auto=webp&s=d924df8e16e6fbfb983dddda44bd40acedf91cc4

    Hey all. I'm wondering if anyone can explain this phenomenon to me. I'm on a Mac Mini 3.2gig i7 w 32 gigs of Ram. I just tested my USB 3.0 5TB WD easystore external drive, and the transfer rate is shit. I mean, this drive is advertised as a 5GB/sec transfer speed, and the best I can get is a paltry 15MB/sec. I'm definitely on the USB 3.1 bus directly connected to the Mac Mini. I've tried with 5 different USB 3 cables and all get generally the same result. What's the story here?

    submitted by /u/eight13atnight
    [link] [comments]

    safari 14 scroll lag..

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    seems like safari 14 doesn't like adblockers at current state. uninstall any, mine was adguard.

    scrolling is improved by day and night. try now

    submitted by /u/rupal_hs
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my Mac always steal the Bluetooth connection from my iPhone upon turning on my wireless headphones?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    I'm so tired of it.

    Every time I turn on my Sony headphones or some other speaker, it immediately connects with my MacBook (whose in sleep mode on my desk) while I have my iPhone in my hand....

    So I try to turn off my headphones and turn it back on while i try to give my iPhone a head start by prematurely connecting to the headphones.

    But no, my iPhone still comes short despite the head start and loses to the Mac....

    Can someone tell me why?

    submitted by /u/kennethcashh
    [link] [comments]

    Switch between windows of the same application

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    As much as macOS is super intuitive, I find it very weird that switching between 2 windows of the same application is not really possible. I am not talking about CMD + Tab.

    It is possible if both windows of the application are not in full-screen mode using the CMD + \`, I know, but if you have other opened apps which are also not in the full-screen mode it will switch between them as well, what's making the option to switch between the 2 windows of the same app impossible.

    Any walkarounds for this?

    submitted by /u/AcrobaticPanicc
    [link] [comments]

    Mail preflagged

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    i often get spam mail, that is pre-flagged. How can i avoid that? Is there a setting, that only allows me to mark/flag e-mails?

    thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/BlueGhostlight
    [link] [comments]

    What is the logic that MacOS can set an alarm? anyone?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Malware removers/ protection/ App Remover

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    Looking to protect the shit out of my Mac. Does anyone have any really good suggestions for malware removers, App removers, extra protection..just things that work the best with mac

    submitted by /u/Liddlegreenbeans
    [link] [comments]

    Can I change Big Sur default icons?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    macOS 10.15.7 - iCloud "download icon" still showing even though all files have already been downloaded.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    macOS 10.15.7 - iCloud "download icon" still showing even though all files have already been downloaded.

    Hi everyone,

    I have a weird issue I have not encountered before, so hopefully someone might be able to help or point me the right direction.

    I have recently re-installed macOS, and after setting everything up, I saw that the "download from iCloud" icon is still showing for documents / files that have already been downloaded to my iMac.

    https://preview.redd.it/9hknvk9iayr51.png?width=1726&format=png&auto=webp&s=4415c3545cc12e00795ae69839a3fe191d4a812a

    Is there any way to "reset" the sync status for iCloud, or any other way to get rid of the icons? Having all of these makes it really difficult to see which files actually need syncing.

    Thanks a lot for any help!

    submitted by /u/dreamstate42
    [link] [comments]

    Using Airplay with a dead GPU?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    My Macbook Pro Touch Bar 2018 GPU suddenly failed showing lines and fliker on the screen. If I stream to an Apple TV device, will it work?

    submitted by /u/hippiepleasure
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    This might be a dumb question. But how do you change icons on Mac? I am Running Big Sur Beta rn and I've seen some people make custom icons. How do You do this?

    submitted by /u/Potatopower425
    [link] [comments]

    How to change my mouse from usb optical in system report

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    My mouse (G402) is being read as a usb optical mouse rather than a logitech mouse. I have verified this on system report. Please help me uninstall the driver or something so i can finally use lgs and ghub :(

    submitted by /u/hereisjohnnyOwu
    [link] [comments]

    HELP macOS Catalina. Lost space

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    HELP macOS Catalina. Lost space

    Hello everyone! In MacBook Pro 128 Gb I have only 88 gb free.

    Still remain only 650 Mb that I can delete. The pictures are before a cache delete, but 15 gb disappeared anyway. I used 2 times bootcamp but now haven't windows. I found in private/var hidden fold a vm disk ejectable, but still remain. Its normal? Can i found out this 15 lost gb? Cant found in other or with methods on web.

    Can you help me please?

    https://preview.redd.it/xmovjvycgyr51.png?width=1098&format=png&auto=webp&s=c5a5f48dc74b45e0426282a3e4327cb10ef92232

    submitted by /u/MomentRich
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have a licence for Little Snitch 4.5.x that they'd like to sell?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    I'd like to buy this program legally but I think $50 is pretty steep. It looks like coupons/discounts happen from time to time, but was wondering if anyone had a spare license they'd like to sell?

    submitted by /u/dojoca
    [link] [comments]

    Well done on the new look for Apple Maps! It's been a long road since you ditched Google, and the results are more than worth it

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    Well done on the new look for Apple Maps! It's been a long road since you ditched Google, and the results are more than worth it

    I just wanted to say that I think the latest update to Maps is fantastic, and more than validates the long and at times painful journey of setting up a proprietary mapping system from scratch. Yes, the early days were fraught with errors and the occasional glitch, but as I look at an animated London Eye and the shading of individual holes on my local middle-of-nowhere golf course, I feel proud to have stuck with Apple Maps from day one, resisting temptation to install a Google app. Kudos to Apple for pulling through, I can't wait to see this evolve even further.

    Douglas Golf Course, Ellan Vannin

    The London Eye

    ... it even moves!

    submitted by /u/muppix
    [link] [comments]

    SSD upgrade question / your experience.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    Are hardware questions allowed? My apologies if not, Mods please delete!

    I've got a pair of 2011 Imacs, and one that's even older.

    I'm seeing the "spinning color wheel" a lot these days. These Macs USED to be crisp; you click the mouse, shit happens. Now sometimes you hit a key on the keyboard --- wait and watch the ball spin a while..

    A local repair shop has suggested putting SSD in rather than more RAM.

    What say you? Is an SSD upgrade justified on a Mac this old? Will it bring back the kind of crispness this box used to have?

    Or is it time for a new iMac. ($1500 vs $500 $300 for SSD upgrade)

    submitted by /u/V12Jaguar
    [link] [comments]

    Stop Preview from Demanding Attention?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Every time I open a pdf document of some sort or another, Preview takes it as an opportunity to completely swallow my desktop. No matter how much I resize the window to an acceptable size, the very next document opened will once again demand my complete attention.

    For my work purposes, I typically just need it in sight for reference as I work on other things. Is there a setting I am missing that could stop Preview from maximizing every window?

    submitted by /u/tracer_21
    [link] [comments]

    what is the best keyword to use when googling things related to mac / macbooks / osx?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    I am a linux guy so I've always just picked one randomly, also, macos i guess?

    also is there a popularity contest for brew / cask packages? like which ones are popular? edit: woo hoo, i found one https://formulae.brew.sh/analytics/install/365d/

    edit: linux is better btw, but don't downvote pls

    edit: extra pls

    edit: f it, just wait for me to get a decent response then downvote away.

    submitted by /u/grokskookum
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to keep window's name column from truncating.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    I've been on Macs for a really long time. This has always been an issue: resizing windows and columns so I can read file names. Any resources or tips that will keep columns to always be as long as the the longest file name?

    submitted by /u/typeXYZ
    [link] [comments]

    Can't open .jar files

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel