• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    macOS Apple be like:- Safari got to be kidding me 😂.

    macOS Apple be like:- Safari got to be kidding me ��.


    Apple be like:- Safari got to be kidding me ��.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    People who’s updated their 2011-2012 MBP from high Sierra to Mojave, how has it been after months of use?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Which software should I use to handle windows management with a 49" 32:9 ultra wide monitor?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I've just bought a Samsung G9 49" 32:9 and I'm struggling to handle windows management with my MacBook Pro 13".

    What I would like to achieve is to "divide" the screen into 3 columns:

    - the left one that takes 1/5 of the space

    - the middle one that takes 3/5 of the space

    - the right one that takes 1/5 of the space

    I would like to make these zones like physical monitors so windows will be resized in that space. It would also be awesome if the menu bar would be replicated for each zone (I don't know which is the correct term but I'm referencing the menu in the header of the screen that is different for each application you have selected).

    Which apps do you suggest to achieve this result?

    Which apps/workflow do you use to handle windows management?

    submitted by /u/StErMi87
    [link] [comments]

    Cloned MacOS to larger SSD. Can't expand the active volume.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I am increasing the size of an SSD for a Mid 2009 Macbook Pro. Currently runs MacOS El Capitan.

    Boots into the new SSD perfectly, all files are where they are expected to be. Opening Disk Utility shows used space is 119GB, and fills the bar all the way. It does not give the option to expand this volume. Under disk info it does show the drive registers as 250GB SSD.

    Running df -H and diskutil list also shows the drive with the correct storage space.

    I have tried expanding through the recovery Disk Utility which shows me both used and free space on the disk. Increasing active partition size through this menu erases the active volume.

    How do I increase the space of volume to the full size of the disk?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DeathMagnum7
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS is a mature operating system, and doesn't routinely get a lot of user-interface changes like it used to. Are there any user-interface changes that, after all these years, you would still like to see?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    I can think of three:

    1. A simple checkbox: Show mounted volumes in Dock. When I plug in a USB or external hard drive, I'd like the icon to show up in my dock.
    2. Customizable shortcuts for Spotlight. So I can TELL spotlight that (for example) when I hit CmdSpace-M-Enter, I ALWAYS want it to launch music.app.
    3. Fix column view so that when it opens up, it makes a logical guess at intelligent column widths. Like in the initial column, expand it so that most of the items aren't truncated, so I have to manually exand it to see all the filenames. Then when I select an item, shrink that column and expand the next, or something like that.
    4. OK bonus: Bring back the option for MacOS 9 system sounds. They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I liked them!
    submitted by /u/Alaska_Jack
    [link] [comments]

    Cloudless sync?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    Is there a way for direct cloudless seamless folders sync between macOS and iOS? I mean a tool similar to Syncthing (the last is not supported under iOS).

    submitted by /u/anli975
    [link] [comments]

    How to sync the MacBook brightness with an external display?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    I've purchased a Samsung G9 49" and connected to my MacBook Pro 13" 2019 with a USC-C DP 1.4 cable. Everything is perfect but I would like to know if there's a way to sync the MacBook brightness (that I change via the touch bar) with my external display.

    I've tried the Lunar app but it seems to not work at all.

    Do you have some solution to this problem?

    submitted by /u/StErMi87
    [link] [comments]

    Smb config on mac?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    I found the file sharing to be annoying. I have a weak password, yet everytime i enable the file sharing, it exposes my full directory. There is no option to disable this behavior on the setting menu., and I wish to configure SMH behavior. Yet, the smb.conf is not under /etc, and I couldn't find it with find command either. Anyone happens to know where hide the conf file? Or it even exist at all.

    submitted by /u/rnogy
    [link] [comments]

    SoundCheck and Radio in Apple Music are broken

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    Currently am on the latest beta and I have two very bad problems that concern Apple Music: If you use volume normalization, i.e. SoundCheck and you start playing an album, a playlist or a radio station, it begins to play with the "normal" volume and SoundCheck only kicks in after 3-4 seconds of playback and then turns down the volume like it uses to. This is very annoying, especially listening with headphones. Another bug concerns the "Radio" rider: If you to the menu "Station by genres" and click on a genre there to, for example, see all "Rock" stations and you want to start a station from there, nothing happens and playback is stopping. These bugs persist exist for several betas now and are NOT to be found in Catalina. I also contacted Apple Feedback about it and go no answer whatsoever... Can somebody else here replicate this issue? Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/Floschi123456
    [link] [comments]

    Changed icons switch back to default icons in dock after opening respective app

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:23 PM PDT

    Changed icons switch back to default icons in dock after opening respective app

    https://preview.redd.it/fthuwcesntq51.png?width=88&format=png&auto=webp&s=10a92fbc5761f2cc43f6e96dccf3004ea22dfe5d

    https://preview.redd.it/6l9tkfesntq51.png?width=102&format=png&auto=webp&s=7a5f3473f3065e8138752afb599761fd5fab75fb

    https://preview.redd.it/qtlppjesntq51.png?width=134&format=png&auto=webp&s=f5af27f2bdbd9144a51188a1fb2436f8c518709e

    https://preview.redd.it/ucq1dmesntq51.png?width=92&format=png&auto=webp&s=5a1f867acb710c6b4a0ef5ac967855b55e3cd918

    https://preview.redd.it/s7wnptesntq51.png?width=2558&format=png&auto=webp&s=58c10171b95762d0ccfac6224a9170756ad701e7

    https://preview.redd.it/rafawt9rotq51.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=a15e1c7048892d02cdece06391a25581cdfc3924

    Hi guys, I changed a couple icons of apps in order to match the Big Sur aesthetics. Soon after I open (in this case) Bear and/or Calibre, the icons in the dock change back to the default icon - in Launchpad and in Finder the new icon is still shown. Soon after I close the app, the dock shows my custom icon again. Every other custom icon app works regular. I'm on Big Sur Public Beta 9, MacBook 12 inch Early 2015. I had the same problem on 10.15.6 Catalina as well with just a few icons as well, couldn't find any workaround yet.

    submitted by /u/bam1mazafati
    [link] [comments]

    Bogon in Mac's terminal.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Question: can an employer cause data loss on a personal macbook with Outlook?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    On Android, if I install Outlook and log into my work email, it demands administrator access/permission. This is primarily used to make sure I have a password set on my device, but it can also be used to remote wipe an employee's device if it's lost or stolen to prevent data falling into the wrong hands.

    I have the Outlook program/app installed on my 2016 MacBook as well, logged into my work email as well. There is no prompt or warning, however, about remote wipe/access. The laptop is mine and does not go to work with me, but I use it to check my email.

    Can my employer do anything about their data on my MacBook, and could any of that cause loss of any personal data also stored on my hard drive?

    submitted by /u/mrandr01d
    [link] [comments]

    Backup of email account

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    Hello,

    My student email account will so be removed and I would like to make the complete backup of it. I am following the instruction, but one thing is not clear to me. Should I export inbox and sent elements separately, or will they be included together if I am doing the backup of inbox because it is a single account?

    submitted by /u/Jendk3r
    [link] [comments]

    Dosdude1 catalina 10.15.7 issues!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I just updated my MBP 2011 to catalina 10.15.7 from dosdude1 and everything is working fine, except i cant use sidecar, airplay or airdrop, any way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Aly266grad
    [link] [comments]

    Bricked by my new MBP - please send help

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    Kind and gentle townsfolk of r/MacOS

    I recently purchased a new 2019 macbook pro from worstbuy.

    It came preloaded with Catalina, which of course rendered a good amount of old apps useless.

    I wanted to create a partition which includes my old OS and data.

    I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my old macbook pro Mojave os and data to an external drive. Then I created a partition on my new macbook. Then I used CCC again to transfer my old data from the external drive to the partition in my new internal macbook pro drive. I thought it was a great idea. However...

    Bricked prohibited symbol. Held down shift R - bricked recovery mode Held down shift option command R, then disabled boot security from utilities menu, as well as enabled booting from external drive. STILL Bricked! As well as shift R recovery mode.

    What is going on? Is what I'm trying even possible? I can still boot into the main Catalina partition but what is going on? Please help. Thank you

    2019 i9 macbook pro 16 inch

    submitted by /u/AJ_King8778
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    This evening when I opened my MacBook Pro 16" it decided to not work. More specifically, everything but the built into display works in usual order. I know this because I connected my laptop to an external monitor. I cannot take it to a shop because my parents would lose their minds. If anyone can help me that'd be great.

    Best- Mike

    submitted by /u/Mike_Wazowski666
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Character Viewer Command

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Is it possible to add my own command that when performed, inserts a specific character from the Character Viewer? Specifically, I want to insert an up arrow (↑) when I press Command + option + up arrow

    submitted by /u/GawkyCoolDude
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS - 2 External Monitors: Arrangement Tab Won't Display

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Hello Reddit!

    I have two LG 27GL850 monitors plugged into a Lenovo Workstation Dock using two DisplayPort cables. The Lenovo Workstation Dock is then plugged into my Macbook Air using a USB-C cable. Both displays MIRROR when my Macbook Air is plugged into the dock. BUT, I'd like to run the monitors in SPLIT or EXTENDED mode so I have more desktop space.

    My challenge is that when I open the Systems Preferences >> Displays menu the Arrangement tab is missing. I am unable to transitions my two external monitors from MIRROR mode to SPLIT Screen/Extended Screen mode. I have tried clicking the detect monitors button but that didn't help.

    Reddit, do you mind helping me to solve this problem?

    Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/mattzoball
    [link] [comments]

    Arc 2 Mouse on Mac

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    I recently purchased the Microsoft Arc 2 Mouse for my MacBook Pro, because I personally prefer it over the magic mouse. Almost everything is working great with it, however, when I scroll with the "touch pad" on the arc mouse, it feels extremely choppy on my screen. I'm not sure if this is just an unfixable issue, or if it's something that can be worked around?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Skadooshmeh
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS blurry font and resulotion problem with external monitor (Dell P2421DC 2k USB-C)

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    I bought Dell P2421DC (2K, USB-C Monitor) past week. The monitor worked fine with Windows and Raspberry. But when I connected to Macbook I got a really bad image at 2560x1440 resolution. So, I am tried scaled resolutions tool and I still can't use hidpi at high resolutions.1920x1080 is the highest resolution I can use with hidpi. At 1920x1080 resolution, the image is better, but the fonts look a little bad. The 1366x768 resolution fonts and the display are good, but the resolution is very low, making it very useless. Shouldn't I be able to get a good display at least in 1080p on this monitor? 2K monitor insufficient for Macbook?

    Edit: I am using Macbook Pro 2017 13'' A1708

    submitted by /u/bekircem
    [link] [comments]

    Is it easy to get a refund for a mac store app that doens't work?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    There's this macOS app, offline pages pro, fancy website but bad reviews and last updated 2016 so doesn't look good, expensive too, but if it works, it will be nice for what I want it for, to download and view forums offline.

    I tried a similar app called sitesucker and it just downloaded a mess of thousands of broken files (maybe I did it wrong), anyway, anyone have experience returning apps? I hate the buy before try apple model.

    submitted by /u/GGarrett2
    [link] [comments]

    Installing Big Sur

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm getting a MacBook later today and I was wondering if I should instal the public beta or not.

    I have never used Mac before so I figured it would be better to just learn the ropes on the new OS rather than Catalina.

    If you have Big Sur have you experienced any issues?

    (I'm getting the 10th gen MBP 13)

    Thanks in advance

    Edit: okay I'll stick with Catalina for now

    Thanks for the quick answers

    submitted by /u/ekeryn
    [link] [comments]

    Need to wipe & reinstall OS. Which drive do I erase?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Why didn't my (new) iPhone inherit the existing backup?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    Why didn't my (new) iPhone inherit the existing backup?

    Let me summarize quickly.

    • I had an iPhone XS (256). Screen cracked, got shipped a new iPhone 11 Pro from carrier.
    • iPhone XS was running iOS 13.7, iPhone 11 Pro came with iOS 13.6.
    • Couldn't restore backup of iPhone XS to iPhone 11 Pro, because of iOS mismatch. Apple had stopped signing (that day) iOS 13.7, so I had to update to iOS 14.
    • I updated iPhone XS to iOS 14, and ran a backup to my computer (again). This updated the existing backup, and everything was fine.
    • I then updated the iPhone 11 Pro to iOS 14 (on the device), in order to restore the backup from the iPhone XS.
    • Restored the backup from iPhone XS onto iPhone 11 Pro.
    • Finished setting up iPhone 11 Pro, and ran sync/backup on computer.
    • Computer (macOS Catalina), created a new backup. Now I have two 50+GB "backups" of the same thing.

    Why didn't the new iPhone 11 Pro that was restored from the original backup of the iPhone XS not "inherit" the backup, and thus simply update the backup, instead, it created an entirely new backup.

    https://preview.redd.it/cbnl5ulpdrq51.png?width=530&format=png&auto=webp&s=c654b19a98ba686124b4426f2dbc4b2a7378697d

    https://preview.redd.it/mpri8vlpdrq51.png?width=1078&format=png&auto=webp&s=c5a3dbe7f6e5a72d01dab277e1347ebeedcb2013

    submitted by /u/voltechs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel