• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 24, 2020

    iPhoneX Should I upgrade?

    iPhoneX Should I upgrade?


    Should I upgrade?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Currently I have an iPhone X, had it since December 2017. Battery is currently at 81% maximum capacity. Should I just stick with it or upgrade to the iPhone 12 pro? The pro looks so slick and nice but I hear that the next years iPhone is supposed to be a great redesign. I also saw that on Apple there's a great deal with AT&T right now, which is what I am with. Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/x2TheMax13x
    [link] [comments]

    I setup my new iPhoneX with an iCloud backup, and now my email has notifications that won’t clear...

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    I have tried every "fix" out there. Force closed the app, removed all my email accounts, deleted the Mail app, restarted my phone, then reinstalled everything, and the notifications are STILL there!

    Help, please, anybody...

    submitted by /u/Jim_C-137
    [link] [comments]

    Those of you who replaced your battery recently - how much screen time do you get for a full charge?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    Thinking about replacing my battery but not sure how much of an improvement I should expect

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Brocolli12345678
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade from iPhone X to iPhone 12, is it worth it? My experience!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    So last year I made a post comparing our beloved iPhone X to iPhone 11 Pro and if, in my opinion, it was worth the change. So this time I thought to do the same with the iPhone 12 (I think there isn't much difference also with the iPhone 12 pro). As always I watch a lot of reviews but I honestly think that nowadays reviewers are not very reliable. If you think about it they change smartphone every week/month, so they are very superficial. But let's get to the point, here's my list of little things I've noticed and that maybe someone can find useful :

    • Weight and size: iPhone 12 is lighter than the iPhone X, but it also taller. I must say that iPhone X definitely feel more premium with his stainless steel frame and it's easier to use with one hand, but the square sides make the 12 more comfortable.

    • Buttons : both volume and power buttons of the iPhone 12 give a better feedback

    • Display: the iPhone 12 display is more yellowish compared side by side with the iPhone X but I haven't noticed differences in brightness in normal day to day usage. One thing I have noticed is that black smearing is way better on the new iPhone, like almost no existent.

    • Performance: here the iPhone X begins to show his age! The experience on the 12 is definitely better, of course I'm not saying that the difference is huge, but you can see smoother animations and overall a speed boost also in day to day usage. Also the new iPhone get way less warm, unless you stress it with games and a lot of video/photo it remains cool.

    • Gps: I don't know if this is only a problem of mine, but also with the 12 I'm not getting a good location accuracy.

    • Face id: it's better on the 12, faster in many occasions, works also with angle differences where the X instead struggles a bit. Again nothing striking but it's there and you will notice it in some occasions.

    • Speakers: louder and slightly punchier on the iPhone 12

    • 3d touch: still pissed of they killed it! You will notice the lack of the 3D touch specially when typing and when editing a text. Also long pressing is slower in every occasions, like previews of notifications and so on.

    • Camera: probably this (together with battery life) is the only field where the iPhone 12 really shine. Photos are way better on the new generation, better exposure, better hdr, better details etc. etc. I must say I was really impressed by the selfie camera, compared to the iPhone X there is a night and day difference in medium and low light conditions.

    • Battery: as you can expect battery is much better on the iPhone 12, you can safely reach the end of the day, maybe the only concern would be heavy usage of 5G but I can't test it in my area.

    So also this year I'm struggling to take a choice. Does the iPhone 12 worth the extra money? Maybe if you are using the camera a lot and the battery of your iPhone X is degraded, yes, it could be a good choice. But in day to day usage the experience is honestly quite the same... Maybe it could be a wiser choice to wait still a year, but of course if money isn't a problem go ahead an boy the iPhone 12.

    submitted by /u/mirco9344
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 upgrade, what do you get? Faster phone, 5g... What does would convince you if you come from from iPhone X

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    I am thinking what exactly tempting me to upgrade. What do I get if I upgrade;

    1. Better design but notch is still the same
    2. Faster cpu but X is still fast enough
    3. Better modem but 5g still developing
    4. Magsafe may be a good reason
    5. Night mode would be a great feature
    6. HDR video recording a nice feature
    7. WiFi 6 is nice but my router does not supprt yet
    8. Deepfusion and Raw photo mode are nice but I am not that into that kind of features
    9. Faster charge may be but I charge my phone overnight

    When I look overall, I am not really convinced to pay another 1000 bucks. What feature would convince you to upgrade ?

    submitted by /u/anipaduser
    [link] [comments]

    How much would be the absolute MAX you guys would give to a second hand iphone XS max with only light traces of use?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Im looking to pick one up but I dont really have a good baseline to go on. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Patrick_Jatrick
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro v iPhone X

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    Upgrade

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Hey guys im thinking im in need of an upgrade but im stuck between the 12 pro and the 11 pro. Is it worth it buying the 12 pro? I want an upgrade because i wanna have a iphone that can last a whole day

    submitted by /u/DifferentAssumption3
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone X or XS? And no faceid and true tone (used) in 2020?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Im about to buy either of these phones, the iphone X 64 gb costs 150 usd and iphone xs costs 250usd, and both battery life may be 85% up.

    And yes it doesnt have any face id or true tone and that I dont know why, if it has face id the iphone X price would go up 250usd and iphone xs would go 350usd, is face id that a nifty feature or can i live without it? Currently a 6s user and also have 5s and a bunch of xiaomi phones. Planning to go back ios as its more optimized. Any inputs for me?

    submitted by /u/Lolensue
    [link] [comments]

    IPHONE X TOUCHSCREEN PROBLEM

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm an happy owner of 2y old iPhone X 64gb, always treated with gloves, no fall no crush, no exposed on high temperature and bad conditions, a year ago, I went in an apple store talking with a genius asking why my screen had some issues like something remains stucks behind like an hadesive or some kind of glue and, when I detach my finger on the screen that pop out with a particular sound and feedback, I also experienced a strange squeaky noise when the phone is firmly taked. They tested and there wasn't any issues, but, they changed my screen... for free... Ok, well, after a year, I'm experiencing some annoying undetected tap on the screen, I fell the sensors became always less precise and less fast to react, while if a few times I can recognise this behaviour as a normal decline of performance, the rest of this is struggling to associated to perf. problems. I saw a few screen replaced out of warranty for this failure, should try once? Anyone detected this behaviour?

    submitted by /u/ban836
    [link] [comments]

    See this!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel