• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    iPhone iPhone XR not charging after a drop.

    iPhone iPhone XR not charging after a drop.


    iPhone XR not charging after a drop.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    As the title suggests, my iPhone XR stopped charging after a drop from around 4 feet height. The phone turned off by itself after the drop, but powered on when I turned it on. However, few hours later when I tried to charge it (wired), it would not charge. Tried the supplied charger, the USB-C charger (18W), an iPad charger, and even 2 wireless charging pads, all of which used to charge the phone. Any idea what the problem is and how much it could cost (don't have apple care). It's almost 2 years old (got it on launch day), if it's too expensive to fix, might just get the new SE. Appreciate the help from the community.

    submitted by /u/011073152
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 earbud right side not working

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    So I have had this problem many times, but all my other fixes and ones I could find online didn't work. I already checked accessibility, updated, restarted, cleaned them and such. I would buy a new pair but my parents don't allow me and quarantine so anyone got any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ChillieTid
    [link] [comments]

    SOS �� Every time I try to call one particular number, it does not ring at all, and after about 1 minute days “call failed”

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    I have attempted to call from 3 other phones to reach this specific family members phone (he also has an iPhone) and each phone gets the same response as I described above. Does not ring, does not go to voicemail, it's completely silent and then says call failed. Typically, if the phone is dead or off it at least goes to voicemail or rings. This person and I are both Verizon carriers- he is on a naval base in Florida and I'm in Missouri so I'm wondering if it has to do with the specific cell towers where he is but am not sure. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the issue could be? Anything helps thanks!

    submitted by /u/slmiller6715
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone contacts imported from gmail and the actual contacts currently on my gmail account are out of sync

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    Hey, I ran into quite a weird problem with my iPhone 6...

    My iPhone is using about 250 contacts imported from gmail (atleast that's what I see when I look in my contacts divided by groups). The issue is that recently my gmail account was disconnected from the iPhone, and for some reason most of these contacts were removed from my gmail contacts (My gmail contacts are at about 50 right now).

    The mis-match is that my iPhone now contains about 200 contacts from gmail, that aren't even on my gmail account anymore - and if I try to reconnect my gmail account to my phone, those 200 extra contacts are deleted, I guess because it's syncing with the google account's current contacts.

    It happened a couple of times and I had to revert to back up to get those contacts back. I'm not sure what can I do to be able to keep those contacts AND connect to my gmail account, any ideas? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/iNiite
    [link] [comments]

    anyone get their back glass on an X 'fixed' by apple lately?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    they don't fix it, they swap it out, right?

    refurbished I assume? was the battery 99+%?

    submitted by /u/wwabc
    [link] [comments]

    dropped iPhone 7, button is still responsive but the screen is completely black

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    At first it lit up black when I interacted with it but now the screen doesn't turn on at all, though the button still responds. Does this mean it's just an issue with the screen and can be fixed or does the button just work regardless? Edit: I mean the circular home button

    submitted by /u/HenryF00L
    [link] [comments]

    Is it time to buy a new iPhone?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    I really hope I'm finally on the right thread, hey all! I have had the iPhone 7 for about 5-6 years now it's been great and worked wonderfully for those years up until a couple of months ago. I ran into an issue where my phones home button quit working and despite trying anything I couldn't figure out why or how fix it! On top of that my phone cannot hold a charge despite recently getting the battery changed, it over heats too quickly, and as of 30 minutes ago I have a new problem where my phone randomly shut off and turned to a black screen with a white loading symbol that didn't go away until I hard rest it. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it? Is it time to just get a new phone? and if so which one do you recommend?

    submitted by /u/Nobabies5230
    [link] [comments]

    Limit ad tracking is enabled & grayed out

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    So first things first, I contacted Apple about this, all they said was to update the phone which I know for a fact isn't the problem. I'm not sure how this happened but limit ad tracking on my phone is enabled and grayed out, I can't disable it. My phone isn't necessarily 'broken' per se but I don't know where else to ask about this. Upon further inspection though it more seems to be an issue with my Apple ID because limit ad tracking is stuck enabled on another iPhone I tried signing into my account with. If anyone else has experienced this and knows how to fix this I'd appreciate some help. If this isn't the right place to be asking about this either I guess I'd appreciate a tip in the direction of who to ask. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/SpiritedTap
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 live lock screen isn’t working appropriately

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 11 that is on the newest software update. I'm currently trying to use a live lock screen, and have tried several live photos. On the preview, it looks as if the Live Photo works appropriately. Whenever my Lock Screen is set, however, holding down on the screen does nothing. I have looked up several fixes such as ensuring Haptic Touch is enabled, or making sure low power mode is disabled (this in addition to many more). I'm posting to ask if anybody has experienced this and found a solution or just is aware of anything I'm doing wrong? Any help is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jjduyy
    [link] [comments]

    Will my battery health reset to 100% after getting a new battery installed?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    Hi there, I have an iPhone X that's gone down to 78% - it's really bad as you can imagine. But I love the phone. I'm going to get the battery replaced and was wondering that upon boot-up will the settings page reset and show my new battery as at full health?

    submitted by /u/rapescape
    [link] [comments]

    How do I download iOS 14?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Whenever I click the download and install button, it goes grey for a few seconds, then goes back to light blue and whenever I click it again the same thing keeps happening. My phone is compatible (IPhone 6s) and has enough free storage, but still won't download. It is currently on version 11.2.6 so could this be the problem? Also, I have restarted my iPhone but it still won't download ios 14.

    submitted by /u/Burger_Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    Does updating contacts on iCloud sync with iPhone contacts?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Simple question, I know, but I finally feel like cleaning up my contact list since it consists of my old Android phone contacts and my way old iPhone contact from 10 years ago, so I have a lot of outdated contacts. I'm updating the contacts on iCloud and just wanted to make sure the next time my phone backups, it will snyc with the new contact list on my iCloud rather than overwrite what's on there.

    submitted by /u/shinbreaker
    [link] [comments]

    Incoming call flashes, immediately ends

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    Hi- I've got an older iPhone (8+). Works great, but I have a new issue. Lately when someone calls, it will flash on the screen for less than a second and then end, sending it to voicemail. I've reset network settings, just updated to iOS 14, my block unknown callers is turned off, do not disturb is not on, call forwarding is not on. I'm running out of settings to check, according to all my googling. Anyone have experience with this issue? Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/cmk2877
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X portrait mode in camera is taking too long.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    It takes about a whole minute to wait in between taking pictures when using portrait mode, it also takes a while to take a single picture and for it to show in the gallery... any thoughts and ways to fix this? Again this only happens with portrait mode. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/chris335i
    [link] [comments]

    Error Code #14 - Phone won't Update without Erasing all my data because I'm low on storage :(

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Hello! I was hoping someone could provide some insight in how I could fix my phone without erasing everything I have on it :)I have an I Phone 11. It was low on storage and automatically started updating. When that happened, my phone started to spaz out, and ended up stuck on the screen when you just start up your phone (the picture of the apple). I have nothing backed up on my I cloud, and since I have low storage it won't let me update it through I-Tunes. It is error code #14

    So now it appears my only option is to restore my phone and restore it so it will erase all my content. But I was hoping someone might have an additional out of the box solution.

    Any insight would be greatly appreciate!

    submitted by /u/nyHolmes
    [link] [comments]

    Is a10 chip not that good anymore? Is it better to realy just buy a new one?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    I've had my iphone 7 plus for a couple years now, personally it still runs fine on the games I like, can run ios 14 too but yeah seems like it's soon to run out of date because of iphone 12. Should I really just get a new phone or is Iphone 7 plus still fine in the long run? Thanks 😅

    submitted by /u/wonshook
    [link] [comments]

    voicemail password

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    how do you reset your voicemail password on an iphone? (7 specially)

    submitted by /u/sabrinazhan
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X mute button

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    Broken IPhone X mute button

    When I go to mute my phone the button just pops back up and I can feel it click but it won't stay in place

    I have tried cleaning it and it hasn't worked

    I don't really want to give it to someone to fix as it's a minor issue but I would like it fixed as I need it muted for lectures during college

    Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/josh7490
    [link] [comments]

    CANNOT VERIFY SERVER IDENTITY

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    My phone has this pop up every 10 seconds and it's driving me insane. Is there a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/TheCarterGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Calendar Events ?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    Hey guys I recently updated to IOS14 and the thing that pisses me off is that the calendar's next event doesn't show now Only if I have an event today. Anyone know how I can bring the next event thing back ?

    submitted by /u/MmasterM
    [link] [comments]

    2020 SE battery health 94% went from 86% charge to 55% in 2 hours

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Iphone 6 plus

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    Hello there,

    My iphone is disabled as i cannot remember the password, i am trying to restore it from my windows PC but it is not being recognised by itunes or the laptop at all. I have found many solutions online from but non of the options have worked. The device does not show up in device manager so i cannot even update the driver. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

    submitted by /u/PreDawFire15
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off notifications about notifications

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    iPhone XR on iOS 13.4

    How do I turn off the "you have ## new notifications" alert messages? On my phone, they happen immediately following a 2nd message from the same app. This means I get 2 notifications for every notification beyond the first one.

    I see where I can turn off grouping but I still want notifications grouped in the list on my lock screen.

    submitted by /u/MarvelousT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel