• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 18, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 18]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 18]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 18]

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Check our Tech Support FAQ page

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly What Should I Buy Thread - [October 16]

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly stickied WSIB thread.

    Have any questions about buying, selling, trading, or giveaways? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "What Should I Buy" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"What Should I Buy" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I have built a iPhone SE into a iPhone 5c and have made it matte. What do you think ?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Accessories came! Ordered preorder day, arrived the next day unexpectedly thru standard shipping

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    Is there a difference between the display protection glasses? (full protection/notch cut out) Do the cameras and sensors work equally well?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    Apple Offering Free AirPods With iPhone 11 Purchase in India as Part of Diwali Celebration

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:50 AM PDT

    What MagSafe accessories/innovations are you hoping to see over the coming months?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    A MagSafe portable battery pack (as an alternative to the, imo, ridiculously bulky and 90%-of-the-time-useless battery cases) is the first accessory I'll be jumping on once/if it's released.

    I think we all hope to see third party wallets (any new features that come to mind that might be useful?) and car mounts, but it seems like a pretty nifty feature that I'm sure some more innovative people than me will have great and more unique ideas for.

    Maybe some new, fancier, larger external lenses can be mounted now?

    What do you think could come to iPhones through a big ass magnet on the back?

    submitted by /u/steebdawg
    [link] [comments]

    Hoping to squeeze more life out of my 6s plus, but I need to make plan for the 12. The camera has decided to retire :-( Sad because everything else still works great, but can't wait to get my hands on the 12 pro max. Anyone else got the camera broke like mine?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    iPhone 12 mini with banana for scale

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    The 12 has the screen size of the 11 and the body size of the 11 pro. Seems like this generation, apple intentionally made the non pro better than what the 11 series offered.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    Really wish the Reminders app showed more than one item

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    RAM? 6GB vs 4GB

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    I'm hoping i will be getting any wiser here,

    So i am an android user, never had an Iphone, and i am thinking about switching to the new Iphone 12.

    Currently i have the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. This phone has 6GB worth of RAM, while the standard Iphone 12 i'm willing to get has 4GB RAM. Now i'm not that tech-intelligent and i was wondering if I am getting a "slower" phone if i will make this switch. Apple advertises the new Iphone with the A14 as the fastest phone in the world, but i don't get where the 4GB RAM stands for then.

    Anyone knows how this works? I'm not thinking about getting the 12 Pro with 6GB of RAM, since my wallet wouldn't be able to afford that.

    submitted by /u/purpleberry17
    [link] [comments]

    I got my stolen iPhone 11 Pro Max back, 4 months later.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    Update: I found a SIM card in the sim tray! Not sure what to do with it!

    I'm so ecstatic I just wanted to share that there are good people in the world. I'm so glad I was able to get it back in the near perfect condition it was in and it works!! Apple care expired in the 4 months that it was gone so this is a huge relief!

    Thanks for reading!!!!!

    I'm on mobile so sorry for format.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/iPhone11ProMax/comments/hmd7r8/stolen_iphone_not_sure_what_to_do_next_can_i_erase/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    Story edit:

    Just before I lost my phone I got a drone. We were flying mine and friends drone in an area where there was no reception. After flying, I got rushed into packing up and leaving. I made sure all my drone parts were there and packed up. Drove down the road and not even five minutes later, noticed my phone wasn't there. FMIP and FMF wouldn't work because of no reception. Shittiest luck ever. Pulled over searched the truck, nothing. Truck Bluetooth wouldn't even connect to my phone so I knew it wasn't in the vehicle. Drove back to the gravel field I was flying and combed the area for an hour, nothing. Combed the road I drove from the field to the spot I pulled over multiple times, nothing. Three hours after losing my phone, I gave up and head back to town. Placed my phone is lost mode with contact info and reward info.

    I forgot to mention my drivers license, credit card and debit card were on the back wallet case. So I cancelled my cc and moved my money into a different account from my debit so if anyone found it, couldn't tap and use my money. I was going out of town a couple days after I lost my phone and was in Saskatchewan when I happened to check my banking info a week after it went missing and noticed approx $200 tapped (used) on my debit (going into overdraft) at the liquor store and convenience store 10 minutes from where I lost it. I knew it wasn't lost anymore and now stolen and I was never getting it back.. I called the bank they started a case and reversed the funds. But based on the time stamps I was able to call the cops and give them this info. I got the phone blacklisted as well once I knew I wasn't getting it back. A week later the cops followed up and said they can't do anything because they don't recognize the people in the footage using my card. This was the stupidest thing I had ever heard. I asked the cops for the footage or the licence plate even and I never got a response back. The cops were useless. I knew they didn't care about my phone but I thought the stolen money would've been grounds for them to help me.

    I was on Craigslist looking for any iPhone posts remotely similar to mine. Someone posted a beware of this seller ad for a sketchy ad and it got me curious. I found the original ad and the serial number they posted was a few digits off mine (might have just been a coincidence but I couldn't let it go). I got a friend to message for a meet up and they never heard back. I sent this info to the cops and they said the serial numbers don't match up so they can't do anything. This was 3 weeks or a month after phone was lost/stolen. At this point I gave up. I had got a replacement iPhone 8 Plus until the new iphone got announced and would just upgrade.

    Yesterday I got a Facebook message from someone who lives in the area that I lost my phone. They message read: 'found a bag of misc stuff with your iPhone and expired ID on the back. Please reply or call me.' I thought it was a joke. But I called the number and he said he found the bag near his house and found me on Facebook from my ID (perks of having an uncommon name). I arranged to meet him after he was done work and I couldn't contain myself when I got it back. It was in perfect working condition. The only thing missing was the screen protector and my bank cards. I gave the guy a reward and was nearly crying when I met him. I couldn't believe my luck. I'm waiting to the get the phone removed from blacklist, but I was able to restore the iPhone and can use it again!!

    *** forgot to mention I went back to the area I lost my phone (2 hours away from the city) for the next three days. Once to search again during daylight because I lost my phone around 6pm and it got dark around 8/9. Second time with a metal detector. And third time my friends went with long objects (hockey stick, fishing net) to look through the tall grass in case the phone fell off the back of my truck into a ditch.

    submitted by /u/ifath
    [link] [comments]

    Just received my Pitaka Air case for 12 pro.Iphone X inside the case for comparison.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    Are all MagSafe wallets pushed back to the end of November?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    Does anyone know when the iPhone 12 review embargo lifts?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Also, do you think the Pro Max/Mini reviews will be out at the same time despite the preorders coming later?

    submitted by /u/GoodCrumb
    [link] [comments]

    Best protective MagSafe case that is available now for IPhone 12 Pro?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    So I just ordered an iPhone 12 pro after only having androids for the past 8 years. My phone will be here in two weeks so I'd like to get a good case asap to protect it. I've seen that the the Otterbox cases won't be shipped until late November, so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for best cases available right now? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/OhioBPRP
    [link] [comments]

    Any pixel 2xl users jumping/jumped to the 12?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Given pixel 5 release this year - I was planning to upgrade from the 2xl to the 5, but it all seems so lackluster for 699.

    Now with a kid in tow, vid and photo quality are more important than ever.

    Anyone debating the same thing or made the jump?

    submitted by /u/eehoe
    [link] [comments]

    Why no option to change notification sound for different apps? (iphone)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Why haven't apple made is so you change notification sound for different apps on iphone?

    submitted by /u/MissionYam8
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone purchase the new iPhone 12 in Green (light green-melon color)?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    This feels like a wasted opportunity and a rare mistake on Apple's part here.

    I haven't seen a single person on any of the Apple/iPhone subreddits or threads who said they liked that light melon green color or preordered it in that color.

    Midnight green was relatively well received, so why not use it again or go with something else.

    Apple likely has some of the best marketing talents in the country. Am I the only one who thinks this was a pretty obviously mistake?

    submitted by /u/rdf99
    [link] [comments]

    Will we get ultra-wide night mode on 11 pro series as the lens and sensor is the same?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    As I understood, ultra-wide lens and sensor is the same for iPhone 11 Pro and 12 Pro. But iPhone 12 has night mode for ultra-wide. Considering there is a processor upgrade, will A13 be able to handle night-mode feature for our 11 Pro ultra-wide angle?

    What is your thoughts on this even though apple has a history of not bringing feature to older phones.

    submitted by /u/sabithmk
    [link] [comments]

    Costco Pricing for the 12s TMO and VZW

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Which iPhone should you buy? Great breakdown of the various iPhone 12 models

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel