• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion


    Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Anything you view or consume media wise is fair game

    submitted by /u/redditisnowtwitter
    [link] [comments]

    Yes, Youtube (latest ver) is finally streaming in 4K in 14.2 (18K5036d) public beta (pic!)

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    Ah yes, Spektrs...

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    YouTube 4K is now working on my Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Mine is on the 14.2 public beta, don't know if that matters.

    Edit: Also, there was no update to the app, it's just working now.

    Version: 2.05.01 released Sept 20

    So far 4k has worked on every video I've tried

    Image: https://imgur.com/a/nO5tvrO

    submitted by /u/Creek0512
    [link] [comments]

    Smithsonian Removed from Apple Channels in Poland

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    Bad move. I hope there is a matter of iOS 14 update not the intended policy. Currently there are only TV+ Noggin Tastemade Which is pretty lame

    submitted by /u/Behinder77
    [link] [comments]

    AMC+

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Will Game of Thrones be upgraded to 4K?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    The game of thrones 4K box set is coming out next month. Do you guys think it's likely we'll get upgraded for free?

    submitted by /u/Awsaim
    [link] [comments]

    VPN

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a VPN working on Apple TV??.. have noticed there no VPN apps in the store

    submitted by /u/twaplehnbridies
    [link] [comments]

    NEW APPLE MUSIC UI

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    When clicking an album or playlist, there is a new ui. The album cover is now on the left side while its songs are now on the right side. Pretty nice to see this new UI on my Apple TV!

    submitted by /u/itsgerardguys
    [link] [comments]

    Missing Apple TV channels

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    Anyone else notice that MTV Hits and the Comedy Central channels are no longer available? Is this because CBS All Access has basically absorbed all that content? I also thought that they only put some Smithsonian content on CBS All Access, because why would they cannibalize sales of the Smithsonian channel? But i just went through ALL content on Smithsonian and it turns out that out of the 219 total movies on Smithsonian, 218 of them are now on CBS All Access. And out of 172 series on Smithsonian, roughly about 145 of them are on CBS All Access. So CBS All Access has about 90% or more of all Smithsonian content now. I promptly cancelled the Smithsonian channel to save $5/month. I wonder if we'll be seeing that channel and BET disappearing at some point. Can't help but think the same may happen with AMC and their other channels now that we have AMC+.

    But I do have to say that CBS All Access paired with Showtime for only $9.99/month is a complete steal. One of the strongest services right now. Not to mention the benefit of watching live NFL games that air on CBS.

    submitted by /u/Cr3inh4rt
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix Not working New Apple Tv 4K

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    Got my new Apple 4K TV today all setup. All my apps work except Netflix. Keeps giving me a code 113 error and something about my user name and password. Check both several times it's correct. Tried signing in online to netflix and my chromecast and Fire stick they all work fine. Only Apple TV has the issue. Does Netflix not work with Apple Tv? Also when I go to download it, it has a cloud icon to download it not the regular one is that normal?

    submitted by /u/ifeeltired26
    [link] [comments]

    AMC screwed a lot of customers today adding Apple Channel

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    But only in US. I mean what the hell? This channel operates in Europe too. No better way to alienate Apple fans and give worse experience to customers who paid the same price for the device :(

    submitted by /u/Behinder77
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon X-Ray is no longer working on AppleTV

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    No issues prior to the update - but since then, I can't get X-Ray on Amazon Prime Video to work. It used to pop up if you 'swiped up' on the remote while the video is playing but that no longer works.

    submitted by /u/Peacockblue11
    [link] [comments]

    What TV OS version fixes Atmos issue?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Till yesterday, I could not get Atmos on any app - thanks to the Beta version issue. I updated TV OS yesterday:

    - Netflix App v2.1.17

    - TV OS Version: 14.2 (18K5036d)

    Is this the update that was supposed to fix the Atmos issue? It did seem to fix it for other apps. I can get Atmos from Disney+, iTunes etc., ATV+ too - but just not Netflix!

    submitted by /u/lapaloma16
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV app releasing soon for Xbox

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    Multiple users and third party app accounts

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    So I've recently enabled multiple users on our Apple TV and I'm wondering if account switching can automatically change logins within 3rd party apps. E.g. when I open Amazon Prime Video, it asks "who's watching?" and I select the user there, but when it also syncs with the Apple TV app, so does that mean when I switch users in Apple TV, will it properly update my Amazon Prime Video watch list at the same time or will it register that watched video with whoever is selected/logged in to Prime Video?

    I hope the above question isn't confusing LOL

    submitted by /u/roaminglunatic
    [link] [comments]

    Function101 remote not working with Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    The remote says it works out of the box with the Apple TV, but definitely not my experience with the Apple TV 4K. I tried resetting the remote and restarting the Apple TV. Works perfectly on my Apple TV 4, but no dice with the 4K.

    Any similar experiences?

    submitted by /u/Crrrrraig
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Apple TV right for me for streaming remuxes?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I've tried to do as much research as I could before posting, but I still have some questions.

    I'm moving in a little bit, and with that I'll be buying a new TV that is 4K HDR capable (Sony X900H). With that I'll likely be bringing over my old Energy Power Bar Elite Soundbar over. I may or may not upgrade that to a proper audio solution in the future, but I'd like to plan around using this soundbar for now.

    The soundbar I have uses an optical connection to the TV, so I'll be missing out on all of the HD audio formats that are associated with 4K remuxes, but my understanding is that I still direct play if I choose a different audio codec. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, I'm still pretty new to all of this.

    With that being said, the Apple TV 4K should fit my needs right?

    The other obvious choices to me would be natively through the X900H, the new Chromecast with Google TV (which I actually have, but I can't test remux performance because I don't have an HDR TV so it keeps getting transcoded), or the Shield/Pro.

    I'm leaning towards the ATV just because I'm in the Apple ecosystem, although if this new Chromecast works for me I can just keep it and save money, but I've read in other posts that it wasn't handling remuxes properly. I've also heard great things about the Shield, like its great AI upscaling, but is it enough to justify choosing it over the ATV?

    Appreciate any and all help.

    submitted by /u/harbenm
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question. I don’t have an Apple TV but how do I connect a live stream from my iPhone to my tv? Thanks!

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Weird Issue with Match Content (Purple Tint)

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Currently running an Apple TV 4K, connected to a TCL R55617 via a Yamaha RX-V383BL AV Receiver. Default format set to 4K Dolby Vision, Match Content off. While this looks great to my eyes across all content, I am aware that the ATV is applying fake HDR to SDR content.

    I turned on Match Content for Dynamic Range and Frame Rate to compare, and the ATV is successfully switching Dynamic Range (there's a momentary flicker). Here's my issue: all videos now have a purple tint. Turning Match Content off fixes this. What's also interesting is that no matter the setting, my receiver's OSD also has a purple tint, which is sometimes fixed by a reboot. What is causing this?

    An easy fix is to not tinker with anything, and keep it on 4K Dolby Vision, Match Content off. Mysteriously, even with Match Frame Rate off, classic films are still being shown in their proper frame rate (I have Natural Cinema turned on in my TV settings). I'm still curious about this mystery, so thanks for your help!

    EDIT: Just did a full reboot of all my devices, and now Match Content seems to be working correctly (No Purple Hue). Going to see what triggers if it does come back again in the future.

    submitted by /u/bachandjazz
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV will not connect with iTunes home library or photos screen saver library

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    We have a rather healthy library of movies, TV shows, and family videos we keep trying to watch on our AppleTV. EVERY time I try to connect my library, it will connect for maybe a day, we'll turn off the TV, go to bed, and boom--no more library. I keep getting that "No connected library" notification on the AppleTV screen.

    I've also tried a few dozen times to connect our personal pics that are stored on our local desktop to act as the screen saver. That doesn't work either.

    What am I missing? Why won't our home library or photos connect to AppleTV?

    submitted by /u/frissonic
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 14 annoyance

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    tvOS update pet peeve: the commands for asking Siri to move along a program's timeline aren't the same. On YouTube TV, I'm used to saying "Jump ahead 3 minutes" when commercial breaks begin. That command now gets the "I can't find anything..." response. "Skip ahead 3 minutes" still works thankfully.

    submitted by /u/smewhocallme
    [link] [comments]

    Reviews are confused ��‍♀️��

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel