• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    Apple TV Faster Apple TV hardware might not arrive before 2021

    Apple TV Faster Apple TV hardware might not arrive before 2021


    Faster Apple TV hardware might not arrive before 2021

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Anyone else’s “Up Next” not marking items as watched?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    In the last few days I've noticed it's not marking films or tv shows as watched. If it's a box set, when I go back to the TV app it still shows the next episode as the one I've just watched.

    submitted by /u/ThunderChild247
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K and harmony elite?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    Hello my fellow Harmony users. I understand that there are a couple of way to connect the harmony to a Apple TV (network, Bluetooth etc.) but has anyone found if there is a way for the Apple TV to tell my Harmony that it has been turned on? I would love to enable CEC on my Apple TV, so that I can just airplay stuff their without first having to turn the activity on using the harmony. Of course I could just enable that now, but then the harmony couldn't turn off what it doesn't know is on, so is there a way for the Apple TV to inform the harmony that it has been turned on?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/lukas_foukal
    [link] [comments]

    aTV Spotify - Volume too low

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I have been using an Apple TV 4K for a few months now, and really enjoy the experience. One issue I am facing, however, is that when I play music on Spotify the volume is about 10db softer than any other application. I end up needing to turn up my receiver by a fair amount, and then lowering when going back to watch tv through any of my streaming apps.

    I can't find any settings anywhere to change this, has anyone else encountered this before and have any tips on how I can try and get consistent volume across applications?

    submitted by /u/the_guy_in_singapore
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV ideas/requests

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    Since many of us are wanting an updated Apple TV, it seems to beg the question for another crowd why the Apple TV evens needs an update at all. For your inspiration I've assembled a bunch of hardware ideas and requests that should answer that question. They are split up into TV and gaming features, respectively, to highlight that an Apple TV hardware refresh is not just beneficial for gaming alone.

    TV features

    • WiFi 6 support
    • New redesigned remote
    • MagSafe enabled charging for new remote
    • Fully Siri enabled
    • LiDAR enabled home workouts
    • Higher storage capacity for offline watching

    U1 chip:

    • Locating remote, phone, AirTags, etc
    • Spatial audio with AirPods Pro
    • Some cool HomePod mini with spatial audio / Dolby Atmos setup
    • Location based HomeKit/Siri integration

    A12Z/A14X:

    • AI upscaling of videos
    • AI frame interpolation
    • Enables new features we've yet to think of

    HDMI 2.1:

    • Better frame rate matching at 4K with 120 Hz
    • Quick media switching for seamlessly matching video frame rate
    • HDMI eARC
    • Ready for future content and TVs

    Gaming features

    • Higher storage capacity for downloaded games
    • LiDAR enabled games

    A14X:

    • Improved performance for current Apple Arcade games
    • Enables for games with better graphics
    • AI upscaled gaming
    • AI frame interpolation for processing intensive games

    Gaming controller:

    • MagSafe enabled charging

    HDMI 2.1:

    • Variable refresh rate for matching varying fps in games (basically G-Sync/FreeSync)
    • Auto low latency mode when gaming
    submitted by /u/JesperZach
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else have a lot of issues with their Apple TV since the update to 14?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    We have been having consistent issues with it since this update. Our apps are crashing regularly (sometimes up to 4 times an hour), sometimes none of our apps will even open until we've restarted the Apple TV, and apps are also freezing pretty regularly. I had to restart the thing 3 times today before I decided to just watch Hulu on my Xbox. Anyone else having these issues? Any word from Apple about this?

    Edit: So from all of the comments here, I'm beginning to suspect that we might have a defective unit, and all of these issues showing up after the update was just coincidence. While there are only 5 comments saying no issues, I think it's worth contacting Apple support tomorrow. Thanks for the replies, everyone.

    submitted by /u/mrsegraves
    [link] [comments]

    Can I play a YouTube Video on my iPhone, while the audio is Streaming via airplay to my Apple TV?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    When airplay is on from my iPhone, when I play a YouTube video I don't see the video on the screen, I have to turn off airplay and then the audio will be from the iPhone speakers.

    submitted by /u/OMB2018
    [link] [comments]

    Why Airplay from YouTube sucks so much lately?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    Lately I'm experiencing a very disappointing behaviour when trying to play YouTube videos from my phone to my Apple TV 4K. I know there's always been little annoyances with this couple but now it is literally impossible to watch a video with no cuts, loading screens or playing it from the beginning even if I was halfway through. Is this because of iOS14 or is it because google doesn't want to play this right?

    submitted by /u/MijacOnAir1
    [link] [comments]

    Hooking up sound bar!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Is there a difference in sound quality if I hook up my Apple TV to my sound bar IN port than sound bar out port to tv ARC port. Vs just hooking the sound bar straight to the TV?

    submitted by /u/Drezhdan
    [link] [comments]

    Why do so many question how the Apple TV could be improved?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    Every single next-gen Apple TV rumor, thread or commentary some how produces dozens of people asking "What would you even want them to update or add?" or "How would it get any better? Works perfectly for me." and it's baffling. It is 3+ year old hardware with even older technology at the point it was originally designed – what could Apple, of all companies, do to improve it!? Literally, a DOZEN obvious 'tech industry standard' improvements. And this doesn't even touch on the features that Apple could uniquely innovate and integrate in the years since it was conceived or the meta ones surrounding people's love or hate of the remote. You don't have to want or need any of this but how this remains such persistent question about any technology-related subject is beyond me!

    submitted by /u/OneMargaritaPlease
    [link] [comments]

    Star Trek Discovery Season 3 - black bars around video

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    I just watched the first episode of season 3 and the video shows black bars on the top/bottom and sides. Previous seasons only had them on the top/bottom.

    I'm guessing this isn't an issue in my hardware but I don't know if it happened to others outside of AppleTV.

    submitted by /u/w3jens
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4 on TCL w/ Roku - no sound

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    I recently moved my (slightly) older 4th gen ATV into my office, as we got 4ks for the rest of the TVs. I've gotten the remote to turn it off and on just fine, but EVERY MORNING when I turn it on, I have no sound on the Apple TV. If I go off of the ATV, there's sound, but not within the app. I have to fiddle around for about an hour to finally get sound, and I have no idea how I'm doing it.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/itsbrianduh108
    [link] [comments]

    I love the new Home Theatre feature for the Apple TV and HomePods, but I wish it would be used for all audio from all TV sources. Would this be possible with HDMI 2.1, ARC, or something else?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Sonos connects the soundbar via HDMI ARC to the TV, and then you can add multiple Sonos speakers wirelessly to that group. So why not with the Apple TV (connected to TV) and HomePods (wirelessly).

    submitted by /u/hiddecollee
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a patch or anything that will keep my Apple TV gen 3 current

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    I need optical out

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    I just realized the appletv doesn't have optical out. I need that to connect it to my receiver. I don't want to connect to my receiver with Bluetooth because I won't be able to get Dolby/DTS audio. My intent is to connect appletv to my projector, so using hdmi would require running hdmi to the receiver and back to projector. Any other solutions?

    submitted by /u/Cigator
    [link] [comments]

    I have been on Netflix is Apple tv+ better should I move and cancel Netflix? advise needed

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel