• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    macOS I accidentally dropped my 2500$ MacBook ..... will my AppleCare+ save me?

    macOS I accidentally dropped my 2500$ MacBook ..... will my AppleCare+ save me?


    I accidentally dropped my 2500$ MacBook ..... will my AppleCare+ save me?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    Case is bent and screen is cracked on my 2019 15inch. Okay fine....

    My 400$ AppleCare+ will save me right? surely they won't make me pay a dime considering that I shelled out close to 400$ on a plan I never used before.

    this is a stretch but would they perhaps replace it with a 16inch?

    submitted by /u/kennethcashh
    [link] [comments]

    macOS downloads folder is local, and I need to know how to merge it with the iCloud downloads folder.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Title is everything you need to know. There are two download folders: one stored in /User, and one stored in iCloud. I want there to only be one download folder, and I want it to be the iCloud one. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/kesolen
    [link] [comments]

    MbP 2018 keeps showing this every time I try to log in on FaceTime and iMessage

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    MbP 2018 keeps showing this every time I try to log in on FaceTime and iMessage

    OS is Catalina 10.15.7

    I've done all the password resetting, logging out and restarting the Mac ,adding my contact details etc. It's my first Apple product so idk if this is some routine issue

    I'm signing in with the appleid so I can't understand how it "isn't a reachable address"

    https://preview.redd.it/6103gmzlelt51.png?width=868&format=png&auto=webp&s=60ed534b8691e951570062edd20bbab78e786ee4

    https://preview.redd.it/gb5kd7rkelt51.png?width=1636&format=png&auto=webp&s=d84146182810b779acb6a17661d957cbb356ba39

    submitted by /u/itsanontime
    [link] [comments]

    Call Icon

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so when I get a phone on my iPhone it automatically takes me to the desktop window and even if I switch it after answering it. I also am unable to use any of the functions which are below the call window. Is there any solution to this?

    submitted by /u/prayaag_18
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard brightness slider?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    I have no idea how coding works but I love the touch bar, I find myself needing a keyboard brightness slider every day basically. Would it be hard to add a feature like this?

    submitted by /u/rfreho
    [link] [comments]

    How can I change the order of the items in my Bluetooth connection menu?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    I have a lot of bluetooth devices, I'd like the ones I use every day to be at the top. Is this possible? I connect from the icon in the menu bar.

    submitted by /u/everybodypretend
    [link] [comments]

    Mission Control/Expose has just been unresponsive over the years?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    I remember the good old days of Snow Leopard responding effectively to the Expose function every single time I press it.

    Today in Catalina, Mission Control sometimes lags for 1-2 seconds before it actually happens. It's extremely annoying. Even worse is when Touch Bar erroneously recognizes my tap as a slight sliding gesture and completely ignores my tap.

    Is it just me or is this across the board an issue for everyone?

    submitted by /u/komocode
    [link] [comments]

    Relocated Items

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Some time back during an upgrade, I got a folder on my desktop "Relocated Items". So I threw that into the trash. Now whenever I try to empty the trash, I get, "Cannot delete these files as they are in use by the system."

    If they are in use, why were they relocated? And if they are supposed to be somewhere, where? I just want to get rid of this left over stuff.

    The following three items are in the folder :

    Security/System/Library/CoreServices/XProtect.bundle

    Security/System/Library/DirectoryServices/DefaultLocalDB/Default/

    Security/System/Library/Keychains/X509Anchors

    submitted by /u/TraceofMagenta
    [link] [comments]

    I'm confused, does this mean I have 65.04 GB available or are those mixed up?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Users who switched from Windows to MacOS, how was the transition?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    As a heavy Windows/PC user for the last 15 years, I am now looking to get a iMac Pro. I never thought I would be someone to ever own a Mac, but I get a deal from Apple with the leasing options they have for businesses, which is why I have been considering it.

    I only had a PC mostly for gaming, but I rarely game anymore, the only game I play everyday is DOTA, and I am sure a Mac is perfectly capable of running DOTA.

    I mostly use my PC only for Photoshop and Premiere Pro, I see alot of users are using Final Cut Pro? So I am not sure if it is worth cancelling my subscription with Adobe and switching over to Final Cut Pro?

    I also use Microsoft Onedrive alot, and also MS Office alot, how is the integration of the MS apps on MacOS?

    I am totally clueless about MacOS and this will be my first time to use one, but I've ordered one now for my business before I decide to also get the iMac Pro, here is the one that I have currently oredered.

    3,3 GHz 6‑Core Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 4,8 GHz)
    512 GB Speicherplatz
    27'' Retina 5K Display

    submitted by /u/Endzman
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a Big Sur Patcher for older Mac's?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I have a 2012 iMac and I want to know if there's a Patcher for it

    submitted by /u/itsmejacking09
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else have this problem with Messenger?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    I'm in Mojave 10.14.6 and i have installed from appstore the Messenger app. But it doesnt change themes, there's only Dark (for dark mode) and the Light Theme. If i try to use the high contrast black nothing happens, the same goes for the Grey theme, it doesnt change. Now with the new redesign and colors they added to Messenger a couple of days ago, the color of the messages did change to that blue-purple gradient, but only worked like one day and now it's back to normal. I wonder if anyone else is having this problems? I was thinking it could be because i'm in Mojave

    submitted by /u/rainb0wspirit
    [link] [comments]

    Iris Plus - Gaming performance

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    Just thought I'd mention this, in case anybody was considering it, and because I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

    Mac: 2020 Macbook Pro, intel 10th gen, 16 GB ram, Intel Iris Plus graphics.

    Game: Wreckfest - 1280x800p - Low settings (still looks really decent!) - solid 60 fps, with a few drops to 50, and a few peaks to +-70.

    I was really surprised, and super pleased, as this means I can extend the usability of this already quite expensive laptop (for me) to include light gaming. All I needed was a cheap windows pro OEM license to open up 80% of my steam library (everything but the latest games).

    I don't always have access to my more powerful windows gaming pc due to work. So if I can game just a little, even at 800p, that's all I need. I was considering buying a cheap gaming laptop or assemble a second, light, gaming pc, which now luckily I don't have to do.

    800p is still really good, from a casual distance, or connected to a tv, you hardly notice it for simple games. I'm not a really demanding gamer when it comes to resolution. Next up I'll try DOOM, rocket league and a few others in bootcamp. Should be fine, DOOM probably runs on a smart fridge ;-)

    Intel gets a lot of shit lately, and rightfully so. And intel IGP stuff has forever been utterly miserable, mac or windows. Even the simplest games have always been unplayable.

    Yes, they're probably still way behind AMD IGP performance, but it's decent enough with Iris Plus.

    This also reinforces the feeling that I did the right thing by buying an intel Macbook pro, even with ARM on the horizon. As fantastic as ARM will probably be, an Intel Mac with bootcamp is 2 pc's into one for me. That's a feature that will not be available on ARM macs at all. (I bought my mac a few weeks before the ARM announcement).

    By the time windows will switch to ARM in a few years (and emulate x86 windows within ARM windows), it will be time to switch to an ARM mac, and keep all the bootcamp and gaming options open. It will be a ARM mac, ARM windows and emulated x86 machine all into one. :) As most modern games bore me, I will still be able to play my older catalogue in x86 emulation mode, as ARM performance will allow for the overhead.

    Also hat's off to the Apple bootcamp team, who have made installing windows on mac os a total breeze! (last time I used bootcamp was probably 5 years ago). Didn't even have to create a bootable usb drive to install windows. I don't know how it works (I'm not in IT) but it could install windows from the iso that was downloaded in the mac os partition. Good drivers too, touchpad works fine, as does the touchbar.

    submitted by /u/Towelie_SE
    [link] [comments]

    Is content critical of MacOS/Apple censored in this subreddit? Censorship concerns.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    Is reasonable content critical of MacOS/Apple censored in this subreddit? Censorship is a concern; I've noticed a company well-known for spreading malware has an app in the Mac App Store and wonder if a discussion of it here, or similar ones can be expected be free. (I've noticed, for example, that some comcast/Xfinity subreddits are broadly censored, and so once bitten, I'm twice shy re. other subreddits. Reddit is known for relatively minimal censorship, but policy and enforcement actually varies greatly, on a per-subreddit basis.)

    submitted by /u/MrElvey
    [link] [comments]

    Automatically switch audio IO devices depending on what is connected?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook that I connect to a Thunderbolt dock to external speakers and microphones. One inconvenience is that I have to switch the input and output to external every time I connect. Is there a way for MacOS to automatically switch input and output to the external devices once they are connected?

    submitted by /u/040301j
    [link] [comments]

    BootCamp not saving settings and devices, driving me crazy, please help!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    2019 16'' MacBook Pro 5300M (Base Model)

    So far I tried three times, I even wiped my whole drive including the PRAM/NVRAM and SMC. I basically want to game on 1080p, and use an external monitor, but something is messing with my account setup, with or without external display. My order of operations was;

    1. Install with BootCamp Utility, 150GB Partition

    2. Setup windows, tried pro and home.

    3. Boot camp assistant pops up, I install it first thing.

    4. Installed windows updates on one setup, then did not the next time. Didn't change things.

    5. Connected display with HDMI to USB-C cable, set the windows resolution to 1980x1080, display only on two, and the power plan to do nothing when the lid is closed.

    6. Connected mouse and keyboard through bluetooth.

    After this, when I reboot, usually the keyboard and mouse do not wake the display even if they are enabled. It says they are connected, but I then have to remove, then reconnect, for them to work. Another example, both versions of the MSI afterburner, Beta and current, do not save settings upon reboot, I can't even use the monitoring settings.

    Other things I have tried:

    1. Manually installing apple drivers from usb.

      1. Custom bootcampdrivers Blue, Jan and September Blue and Red, to the T.
      1. Not installing apple drivers or windows update, just snappy drivers which finds necessary drivers.

    If anyone has any clue or can help me diagnose this problem, I would be forever grateful. I am extremely exhausted from diagnosing issues and there's probably some sort of driver or something conflicting, but I have no clue how to find it. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/yessicavv
    [link] [comments]

    My 2017 MacBook Air seems slower

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Hi, I have 2017 MacBook Air with basic setup (i5, 8gb, 128 ssd). I bought it 2 years ago and back then is was very fast for me, unfortunately recently I have observed a mediocre slow down. For ex while browsing the Reddit, scrolling isn't so fast, it lags sometimes on FB page, when I have teleconference turned on and I try to open websites it sometimes lasts longer. Is my MacBook idk rubbished or something? The battery is great, overall condition also but something is wrong with the speed of Mac. I have latest macOS and no generally additional apps. I use safari.

    submitted by /u/Nirteh
    [link] [comments]

    Allow Apple watch to unlock Mac not turning on

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    I can't seem to turn this feature on. It was working fine before I downloaded the beta. When I try and turn this feature on, it says I must sign in to iCloud with my apple watch. The problem is my watch is already signed in to iCloud.

    Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/YorkPaddy
    [link] [comments]

    New Mac user looking for tips

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Hey all! I'm a lifelong Windows OS user, who recently was given a new MBP by my company to do some testing with, and I'd love some tips, tricks, helpful links to guides, etc, that might help me acclimate myself to the world of MacOS. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. If you have any advice for windows converts specifically, that would be even more welcome! In case it matters, its a 16 inc MacBook Pro, model A2141.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/LTracte
    [link] [comments]

    How to create a bootable Mac Catalina USB on my Windows PC for my Macbook air 2015?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    I want to put a bootable Mac operating system on a USB using my windows PC. How is this possible? How do I boot the USB from my Mac that has no operating system?

    submitted by /u/Rieleyhunt
    [link] [comments]

    How to allow spellings from 2 languages?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Is there a way to allow spellings from 2 languages (UK and US English) on my Mac just like on iPhone? Fairly new to Mac and I can't find a setting that allows spelling from two languages at once.

    submitted by /u/swiltooo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel