• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    Apple Macbook My Setup for College :) take time and appreciate. Also suggest me some useful apps for students. Thank you

    Apple Macbook My Setup for College :) take time and appreciate. Also suggest me some useful apps for students. Thank you


    My Setup for College :) take time and appreciate. Also suggest me some useful apps for students. Thank you

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    MacBook Air 16GB i5 vs Macbook Pro 8gb

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Hi!

    At the moment I'm transferring from the windows/android eco system to the whole Apple ecosystem. I'm looking to replace my Surface Book 2 (got 800 euros for it). As a teacher I do a lot of multitasking between word/excel/PowerPoint and web browsing. And with Covid, I probably need to teach from home again soon, so that means multiple Teams calls with PowerPoint sharing. I'm doubting which Macbook is the best for me, the Air 16GB i5 or the Pro 8GB i5.

    What do you guys/girls think? Any advice?

    submitted by /u/svencp94
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny drop of water on 2020 MBP. Should I be worried?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    I got a tiny drop of water on my "S" key and quickly wiped it off, so far nothing seems wrong with my MacBook but I'm scared that it might have water damage. Do you think it's still safe to use?

    submitted by /u/Lenny1973
    [link] [comments]

    MBP heating up! Refund/exchange process?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    Got my new mbp last week, it's heating up and the fan turning on randomly - a little more than usual. Anyone else experienced the same and had to return? How to wipe data and go about the return process?

    submitted by /u/alizrandom
    [link] [comments]

    Speaker issues with 2020 MBP

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    I bought a 4-port 2020 MBP last week and just today started having issues with my speakers. The right speaker sounds muffled and staticy when I play audio, especially when the bass is a bit heavy. I have not dropped it nor spilled anything anywhere near my MBP. I called Apple and tried resetting my MVRAM, SMC, reinstalled OSX Catalina, and formatted my disk and reinstalled OSX Catalina, but the issue is still there. Has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone have any tips?

    submitted by /u/randompi3
    [link] [comments]

    How to control fans on bootcamp windows

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Pretty straight forward: I use Macs Fan to regulate fan speed, was wondering what I can do while running windows through bootcamp!

    submitted by /u/bloodbuzzz-ohio
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy macbook under 1000$ usd

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Hi I want to buy macbook there is any person who will told which macbook I can buy of 1000$ usd I want to buy this for development android and flutter

    submitted by /u/zahidhcy
    [link] [comments]

    MBA 2018 screen problems

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    So I got my macbook air from support a couple of weeks ago because I have the problems described here https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/338319/red-pixels-on-mojave-and-catalina-dark-mode as well as some freezing and weird screen artifacts after letting the macbook sleep.

    Video of the first problem: https://youtu.be/IaUB3dOt9kI

    They replaced the motherboard and it was everything fine for a week or so. No I can see the pixels again and also yesterday this happened:

    https://youtu.be/uritPBR0L9w

    I closed the lid and opened it again a couple of times and the screen was normal, but the pink pixels are back again.

    Today also, after a restart, it took more than 5 minutes to startup and the screen has weird colors for a minute or so and then it went to the desktop.

    Does anyone know why this is happening? Or is it a common issue on 2018 mbas?

    submitted by /u/skyleth86
    [link] [comments]

    New ARM chips

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    I need your opinion in this

    I have bought a MacBook Air 2020 i5 2 months ago. Lately I've been seeing discussions and news about new Macs coming with new ARM processors that are going to be amazing and will be much better than the one I have.

    I'm looking to keep this laptop for the next 6-8 years. I have received a good offer for my current. MacBook, should I sell it and buy the new ones when they come out? or should I keep this one and save my money cause it's not worth it?

    submitted by /u/EZXDS
    [link] [comments]

    Purchasing MacBook Pro 13 in MagSafe Adapter advice?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    I was wondering, is it best to order these chargers from Apple or would getting them from 3rd party stores like Walmart or Target be fine? I ask because prices are significantly lower in these stores than in Apple.

    submitted by /u/erythrocyte666
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the $1,799-dollar 13-inch Pro have one less GHz (3.8 VS 3.9) and are the Intel Iris Plus Graphics less too (not sure what the "645" number on the cheaper models means)?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    Edit: Okay, the Turbo Boost is less but, still, why?

    I am eyeing this specific laptop but confused about these two specs. Sorry but I have no idea what GHz or Intel Iris Plus Graphics are, though my best guess is that the latter is the graphics card.

    I thought that, since this is the most expensive model, the GHz would be more, but what do I know?

    submitted by /u/HotPinkSunrise88
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook TrueTone display and led lights

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Has anyone found that their Mac's true tone display starts going all over the place if you have one of those led light strips in your room?

    Mine keeps switching from a blue tint to orange and I had to turn it off

    submitted by /u/milesldn
    [link] [comments]

    cursor freezes as I turn my macbook on

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    So whenever I turn my macbook on, I have to wait about a minute for the cursor and trackpad to start working. Once I wait, it starts working normally. Does anyone know why it does this?

    submitted by /u/throwawaylzc
    [link] [comments]

    flag on MacBook Air menu bar

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    So I switch a lot from the US keyboard to Australian. I want the flag icon display to be shown on my MacBook Air's menu bar, but no matter what I do (believe me, I followed most of the tutorials I could find online and checked/unchecked all the necessary boxes in input sources/keyboard > system preferences) it just won't show up. My laptop is running on MacOS Catalina, 10.15.7.

    If anyone has a similar problem or a solution, please let me know. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/uglytempura
    [link] [comments]

    Buying my first MacBook

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    Hello, i would like to buy my first macbook. I do some photo editing (mostly messing around w photoshop) also i produce music ( fl studio ) as hobbies. And the other thing is I've already planned to start my software engineering degree. My idea is to buy the MacBook Air 2020 model (i5 , 8 gigs of ram , 128 gigs ssd) im not worried about the hard disk space cuz I mostly like to keep my stuff stored in a portable hdd. Please help me to choose the ideal MacBook for me. Ps- I don't edit any raw images. Just creating posters, surreal arts, etc.....

    Also im not a dj. Just want to have some fun w mixing melodies and sound tracks when i get bored.

    submitted by /u/derekhale666
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 12 2015 - bad battery - won't turn on when plugged in?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:39 AM PDT

    Over the past 3-4 months my battery charges, sometimes not..

    And has had service and replace battery warnings.

    Didn't use it for about a week..

    Now even if plugged in it won't turn on..

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/FlippinFlags
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel