• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 22, 2020

    Apple Help My power cord is yellowing. I only had my macbook air for more or less 2 years. Is it time for me to change my cord or is this normal?

    Apple Help My power cord is yellowing. I only had my macbook air for more or less 2 years. Is it time for me to change my cord or is this normal?


    My power cord is yellowing. I only had my macbook air for more or less 2 years. Is it time for me to change my cord or is this normal?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    YouTube videos always defaultingto 480p

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    I recently got an iPhone XR and my videos seem to always default to 480p everytime I open the app, even if I set it to something higher manually after. My internet is 100 mbps so its more than capable of streaming HD videos. I would really appreciate help with this. :)

    submitted by /u/acronycal
    [link] [comments]

    iphone xs max stuck in recovery mode

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    this happened out of nowhere. my iphone just stopped playing music and the apple logo kept flashing. now my phone has been stuck in recovery mode for 6 hours. i have tried anything and apparently i can't get a genius bar appmt until Sunday. Does anyone have any ideas? I am desperate. Not desperate enough to try risky websites tho.

    update: when i plug my iphone into my computer, it either goes unrecognized or there's a fucking error. I'm so done.

    submitted by /u/costnerfan
    [link] [comments]

    Mac keeps shocking me even when unplugged

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Hello, i own a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) and it keeps giving me electrical shocks on the bottom right and left corners, it does this while charging and when unplugged as well.

    When i don't pull my arm away, make a fist and wait i can feel the electricity even more. It actually hurts.

    I bought it second hand and don't know what to do about it. I've read that it's a casing grounding issue (who puts out a product without grounding the casing, what the hell?) but it does it even when it's not plugged in. I'm a producer and work a lot on my computer, i need to fix this to work in peace again.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/aliveinavessel
    [link] [comments]

    2017 A1708 Not Turning On

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    Hey y'all, as stated in the title Mac book pro model A1708 just isn't turning on. Tried the (control+command+r+p+power button) and the (control+option+shift+power button) and ya know the hold the power button for 10-30seconds. Disconnected the battery from the logic board, reconnected and nothing. I want to try to get a reading of the battery do y'all have any suggestions on setting up the multimeter ?

    submitted by /u/steppenwolf_23
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 General Release Question

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    I'm looking to get an iPhone 12 64 GB pacific blue, I'm only 15 moving on to my 3rd phone so I've never gotten a new phone on release, we get our phones through our carrier (AT&T). So my question is does anyone know if the first shipment of new phones sell out at carrier stores quick? I wouldn't be able to get it until tomorrow night and I live in Louisville which isn't a huge city if that helps. Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/Packman092005
    [link] [comments]

    2015 MacBook 12" A1534 - plugged in and won't turn on?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Over the past 3-4 months my battery charges, sometimes not..

    And has had service and replace battery warnings.

    Didn't use it for about a week..

    Now even if plugged in it won't turn on..

    I know I need to replace the battery but there's no apple store near me.

    Why won't it turn on when plugged in?

    submitted by /u/FlippinFlags
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch 4 won’t update to WatchOS 7

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    So I have a Apple Watch 4 and an iPhone 6s. It won't update. I try from the watch and it tells me to view terms and conditions from my phone. Then I try to update it through the watch app on my phone, and it won't even load. It just says "Checking for software update" and that's all. Help?

    I'm also getting the new iPhone, do I wait till then to update it?

    submitted by /u/KitKat1287
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with resetting screen time passcode on iPad iOS 14.1.1

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    I use the AppleID to reset the passcode, but when I use the new passcode, it says wrong passcode. And after every time I try to reset the screen time passcode, it just adds another failed attempt. Please help ASAP!!!

    submitted by /u/Teamrocketdraws6433
    [link] [comments]

    Opened my macbook pro to just find it like this, haven't done anything to it, and I can't see any cracks. Apple support online is down, and phones are just saying the store is closed even though it's not. Is this needing an urgent fix? Should I go into apple? Thanks guys

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    How to backup texts from iPhone to MacBook Pro for free?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    I'm running low on storage on my iPhone and I'd like to clear up some space by deleting old texts. However, I want to backup my texts before deleting them off my phone. Is there any way people are aware of that allows me to backup texts from iPhone to MacBook Pro for free? (Note: I don't mean just getting texts on my laptop through the Messages app, I mean literally backing up the texts the old school way).

    submitted by /u/PillowNinja99
    [link] [comments]

    retina macbook pro sound issues

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    So lately my Macbook pro 13inch has developed a terrifying droning sound followed by no sound at all. It started doing it when I would plug a usb in on the left side but now it's all the time. The sound will randomly start droning and slowly fade into a deeper tone until it just completely stops working. Then I'll reset it and it's fine until a few days later it will do it again. Any ideas on what needs replacing?

    submitted by /u/Maddiedog8
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if I turn of iCloud?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    What happens if I turn off iCloud?

    I have an iPhone 7 and it shares an apple ID with my dad, which is a pain because all the photos I take and the messages I send all go to him as well. I've looked up what will happen but I don't really understand it. For example, if I turned of iCloud photos would the photos I take go to him, and would all the photos already on my phone delete? I'm also confused on what will happen with my messages and my phone number, because at the moment I don't even know if I share a phone number with him or anything. Can anyone help me out?

    submitted by /u/maggiecrossinggg
    [link] [comments]

    How well will games preform if I'm playing them using bootcamp?/How well does bootcamp perform.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    Since MacOS dropped support for 32-bit games, I haven't been able to play ton of games. I'm hoping someone has had experience with bootcamp.

    submitted by /u/Specific_Chemical373
    [link] [comments]

    Phone battery health is 72% so does that mean that when my battery is 100% charged it’s technically 72% instead of 100%?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    So it this it? I simply cannot use/enjoy the usb ports on the left side of my almost $3k 16 inch laptop?!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    barely one month old laptop.

    • left side is basically not usable since soon as i plug monitor or power, it heats up past 70C; it gets HOT... after a few minutes i can literally feel the heat on my face; only way to help this is to put my fans on full blast; noisy!
    • one of my right ports has broken, it simply will not react to anything...
    • since im kinda force to use only the right ports, the usb adapter is taking up some of my mouse real-restate...

    please tell me im using it wrong and there's a solution to this heating issue?! the broken usb port i'll prob need to talk to apple rep...

    submitted by /u/Cpt_SuperMarket
    [link] [comments]

    New to iphone, has apple ever sold airpods/iphone together?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    My android phone is on its last leg, and can probably only last another month. I also need new headphones, so my question is: is it worth waiting to see if they have a deal, or should I just buy them now separately?

    Have they done a bundle like that in the past that might help inform my decision?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SanicTheSledgehog
    [link] [comments]

    Cant Sign in my Apple ID or Log out

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    My Apple ID got locked and I tried to answer security questions but it asks for my birthday but it doesn't work. I tried to use my email but I can't sign in to my email cause it's locked. Is there anyway that I can get in?

    submitted by /u/CuzYourAwesome
    [link] [comments]

    Ghost touch repair iPhone X

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    How much would it cost to fix ghost touch? My phone has it badly it's basically unusable I already reset everything still nothing.

    submitted by /u/AnyRip2
    [link] [comments]

    All of a sudden my passcode does not work

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    Today I woke up and my iPhone was asking for passcode to enable face ID, normal stuff, except my passcode did not work. I tried rebooting it, but no luck. Also found out that my iPad did not open.

    How can I restore/change device passcode from icloud? Or can I just do factory reset somehow and build the devices up again?

    I do remember that sometime back I got a popup to change my devide password, but I just gave it the same thing I was already using and the phone accepted it without complaining.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Obvious_Lettuce
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone already has “other storage”

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    My sister just set up her iPhone XR as new and it's already taking up 8gb system and 4.93 gb other. I know system storage is usually normal but what is the other storage already, there's nothing on the phone?

    submitted by /u/Dazzling_Butterfly_6
    [link] [comments]

    IOS 14 Bug or my Ipads Fault

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    My 10.2 Ipad 2019 keeps on dying. This started to happen just today. It has died at 50, 48, 45, and 44%. When I try to turn on my ipad it brings up charging screen and then I plug my Ipad then it works again. Please someone help (: Is this a bug for IOS 14 like Series 3 Apple Watches or is there something wrong with my Ipad.

    submitted by /u/RirRohRai
    [link] [comments]

    EXTREMELY slow macOS Catalina 10.15.6. Any clear identifiers in specs?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Startup is slow, taking about 8 minutes from powering on to being able to open application like Google Chrome. Opening any application takes ages. Even the summoning of Siri takes about a minute to load.

    My apologies if I leave any information out that could be useful, I'm just a typical Apple user.

    macOS Catalina 10.15.6 iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)

    Processor 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

    Number of Processors: 1

    Total Number of Cores: 4

    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

    L3 Cache: 6 MB

    Memory 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

    Startup Disk Macintosh HD

    Graphics Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

    1 TB SATA Disk, 629 GB available out of 949GB

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Vesot
    [link] [comments]

    Taking long on setting up apple ID

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Hi all, is anyone experiencing the same thing as me , I'm taking about 30min++ at the page "it may take a few minute to set up your apple ID" , anyone know how to fix this or is this normal as anyone is setting up their new iphone

    submitted by /u/hotminti
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel