• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    iPhone Unlocked, with sim, bars are there but empty and my data doesn’t work

    iPhone Unlocked, with sim, bars are there but empty and my data doesn’t work


    Unlocked, with sim, bars are there but empty and my data doesn’t work

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    I have an unlocked iPhone, I put my sim in, it's reading, but the cell bars are there but greyed out, and my LTE shows but does not work. Please help

    submitted by /u/BossHawg1998
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 8 + Black Screen of death

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    Hey!

    Today I was on the crapper reading on my iphone 8+. All of a sudden, my screen gets very dark. I can still see apps and interact but can barely see it so I close the phone.

    When I reopen the phone, the entire screen is a glowing black color.

    I try a hard restart and see nothing. No water damage. No drops, dings, or dents.

    I found the below and all descriptions of the logic board failure sound like what I'm experiencing but they are only fixing 8's not 8 plus.

    https://support.apple.com/iphone-8-logic-board-replacement-program

    I finally got ATT to agree to cover the the deductible for a replacement but is there any way to back up my phone? I cant sync with itunes because the screen doesn't work. Any suggestions for how to back up my phone?

    submitted by /u/OMG_NO_NOT_THIS
    [link] [comments]

    does iPhone 7 sim fit into iPhone 12?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. Excuse me but I'm an extreme phone newbie. I've never changed out a memory card/sim in my life. I was wondering if I order an iPhone 12 online if I will be able to transfer over the sim from my iPhone 7 without an issue? Of course, it'd have to be unblocked to be able to continue using it under my carrier, right?

    Thanks a lot.

    submitted by /u/utdarsenal
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone stock apps stuck on waiting after factory reset

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    So recently I decided to factory reset my iPhone however after an unusually long setup nearly all my stock apps were on waiting. What could have caused this ?

    submitted by /u/gegnerwegner
    [link] [comments]

    Recently while on calls my phone makes no audio

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    On calls from my number there is no sound the person on the receiving end can't hear me and I can't hear them. Other calls such as Snapchat and Instagram work but the call ends when a video or song is played. Any ideas on how to fix it ?

    submitted by /u/Defi_real_account
    [link] [comments]

    How can I backup texts from my iPhone 7 to MacBook Pro for free?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    I'm running low on storage on my iPhone and I'd like to clear up some space by deleting old texts. However, I want to backup my texts before deleting them off my phone. Is there any way people are aware of that allows me to backup texts from iPhone to MacBook Pro for free? (Note: I don't mean just getting texts on my laptop through the Messages app, I mean literally backing up the texts the old school way).

    submitted by /u/PillowNinja99
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if I turn off iCloud?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    What happens if I turn off iCloud?

    I have an iPhone 7 and it shares an apple ID with my dad, which is a pain because all the photos I take and the messages I send all go to him as well. I've looked up what will happen but I don't really understand it. For example, if I turned of iCloud photos would the photos I take go to him, and would all the photos already on my phone delete? I'm also confused on what will happen with my messages and my phone number, because at the moment I don't even know if I share a phone number with him or anything. Can anyone help me out?

    submitted by /u/maggiecrossinggg
    [link] [comments]

    iMessages

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    iMessages says the number I have registered is not associated with my iPhone and will be removed after 27 days but I have that exact number in my phone and it won't recognise it.

    submitted by /u/deus99
    [link] [comments]

    Green dot

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    So I know the green and orange dot are used for audio and camera feedback. But the green dot is normally to the left of the cellular bars. Now there is a green dot above the wifi signal when I am in the Home Screen. When I go to camera the dot switches back to being above the cellular and when I close the app it moves back on top of the wifi. What does this mean and how can I turn it off? I've already closed all apps and reset my phone.

    submitted by /u/aflor12
    [link] [comments]

    Videos not playing

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    So basically whenever I don't press stop and leave the app and later go back to it the video doesn't work. It then does the same for all the apps that play videos

    submitted by /u/boiiiiiu
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 pro from US outside US

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I hope here is the correct sub to ask this.

    I'm from mexico and i'm looking to get an iphone 12 or 12 pro, but I have a question:

    if I get in the US (sim free of course) can I use with no problem in mexico with national carriers, that because as I saw in reviews and blogs, the US versión have de side window for the 5G mmwave

    submitted by /u/gfrutoss
    [link] [comments]

    Green dot

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    So I know the green and orange dot are used for audio and camera feedback. But the green dot is normally to the left of the cellular bars. Now there is a green dot above the wifi signal when I am in the Home Screen. When I go to camera the dot switches back to being above the cellular and when I close the app it moves back on top of the wifi. What does this mean and how can I turn it off? I've already closed all apps and reset my phone.

    submitted by /u/aflor12
    [link] [comments]

    Weird battery bug.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    So I was using my phone and the battery randomly got stuck on 74% for like an hour. Then it just started draining EXTREMELY fast, like I mean 2% every 3 seconds until it dropped to like 50%. I have an iphone 8 and I dont know if this is a problem with the ios 14 update.

    Has anyone had any similar issues?

    submitted by /u/rihan-kabir
    [link] [comments]

    “Manual” Optimized Battery Charging

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    hey everyone, so a couple of software updates ago, apple introduced iphone users this "Optimized Battery Charging" option. This essentially lets iphone to sit and charge only at 80% the whole night until a certain time when it will start fully charging.

    The problem I am having is that I want to manually set this "time" I want my phone to be 100% at, because I wake up in different times every day.

    Do any of you knows how to manually set this "time"?

    submitted by /u/benedictusmarvin
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this fits here or where it would fit, but: does anyone know if there are any decent trade in deals for an iphone 7 plus on ATT?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    I see there's a pretty good deal if you have an 8 or above but I only have a 7 plus. I would like to get a new phone but know sometimes there are good trade in deals. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ballsackee
    [link] [comments]

    Airdrop opening files in Outlook suddenly

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    For reasons beyond me, as of today when I tried to airdrop a PDF from my Mac to my iPhone, the file opened up in outlook as an attachment to a draft email rather than giving me a preview in which I am able to save the PDF to my files for later use. I don't believe I changed any settings in Outlook to permit this, and I certainly did not change any settings for Airdrop as there are few means for configuration (just sound and turning it to off/contacts only/everybody). This has only happened with the most recent files I attempted to transfer. I have not had this in the past when transferring .docx or .pdf files, however, to test it today I attempted to transfer a .docx file and it did the same as the PDF in that it opened as an attachment to a draft email. This is infuriating as I have to then send the email to myself to be able to see a preview in which there is the option to save it to my phone... defeating the purpose of using airdrop over my email. Has anybody experienced this? How did you fix the situation?

    TL;DR: Airdrop files now opening as attachments to draft emails in outlook. I do not like this. Can you help?

    submitted by /u/mcquiche
    [link] [comments]

    Incoming iMessage photos need to be opened since the 14.0.1 update. As in the image doesn’t automatically appear and I need to click it. On the new iPhone SE model.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    I've tried network resetting, deleting the entire log of messages, logging in and out of messages, trying on WiFi and cellular. Seems to only occur with one contact.

    submitted by /u/Melasteve
    [link] [comments]

    Cellular network stops working until I reset Network Settings [iPhone 11 Pro Max, Sprint]

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    For several years now, I've had an issue where, I'll be out somewhere and my cellular network suddenly stops working. I can fix the problem by resetting Network Settings. This is a minor inconvenience, it usually only takes a couple minutes. But it also erases all my WiFi passwords and having to reinput them is a bit of a hassle—and one that seems unnecessary. This has happened for years now, across several different iPhones, (same network, though, Sprint). Is there any way to do this that won't erase my stored passwords? Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/bh1981
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone screen dead. Please help

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    Hiya everyone, I have an old iPhone SE which is still looking really good (no scratches etc). A few weeks ago the screen shattered and today I have replaced it, when I first connected it everything was fine but as soon as I put the rest together the screen won't turn on anymore. Not even while it's plugged in to charge for hours. What is the problem? The screen, the iPhone or something different? (Rebooting did nothing)

    submitted by /u/altenais
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what’s wrong?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    I have a iPhone 8 for about 3 years or so with no problems. I dropped it several times however I have had tempered glass and haven't caused any damage for around a year now.

    Recently around a day or 2 ago I was on reddit and literally typed "t" I forgot exactly what I was looking up. Out of nowhere it just shows the Apple logo (one where when you power it on) and it's purple everywhere (my phone has a purple "filter" - anything I look at is purple instead of white etc and there's a constant burning on the home button. )

    I know this most likely isn't a burn in problem since when I've looked it up it says you would have to leave your iPhone on a certain screen for ages or it only happens on oled etc etc but i am thinking it's a software issue since I haven't dropped or put pressure on my phone. If no one knows how to possibly fix this I should back it up as there's no Apple stores open where I am and it could die somehow.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/gotmoneystillpoor
    [link] [comments]

    Help signing out of my Apple ID

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    So I want to sign out of my Apple ID because I forgot my password to it but I am unable to because it asks me for: 1. Unlock by email- Which is not possible because I can't access my email without the ICloud password. 2-Unlock by security questions- Which aside from my birthday, I also forgot. I can't reset all content either because I need that stupid password for pretty much everything. I tried putting a fingerprint to at least be able to use the AppStore (Since that's the main reason I wanted to sign out) but it just asks me to sign in with an existing ICloud account which I don't know the password of. I'm using an IPhone SE. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/DracoAnubis1911
    [link] [comments]

    Downloads too slow on my iPhone 11 Pro

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    Hey guys so I just bought my iPhone, and everything is good apart from the fact that the downloads are too slow for example when I'm downloading an app from App Store or downloading a file from MEGA, it just takes a lot of time and I don't have this problem when downloading stuff on my MacBook Pro

    submitted by /u/sampler221
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone headphones works in one side but when I face time it’s 100% normal

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    When I use my headphones on YouTube or SoundCloud it doesn't work but when I face time somebody it 100% works perfectly fine how do I fix this? Please respond ASAP

    submitted by /u/lilpoopyhead-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel