• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 24, 2020

    Apple Macbook First MacBook love it so far.

    Apple Macbook First MacBook love it so far.


    First MacBook love it so far.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Charge MacBook permantently

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    Hi im currently wondering if it is harmful to keep the MacBook (15" 2018) charged while working. So if you charge the MacBook for several hours even though the battery is at 100%. Somewhere i read that the battery is not used when it is full and charging. Is that correct? Does this also mean that no more battery cycles are counted?

    submitted by /u/jdjx001
    [link] [comments]

    How should i charge my macbook air 2020?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    Due to the pandemic, i have been using my laptop daily from morning to night because of online school, is it better to leave my chrarger plugged in my mac the whole day to keep a low charge cycle or charge it at 30% and discharge at 80%? Or is there another way i should charge it?

    submitted by /u/subl1min4ls
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2012 Battery Options

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    So I have noticed my battery isnt really what it used to be, my computer tho runs like a champ and still have plenty of life left in it.

    I'd like to replace the battery but dunno what are some good options. I see alot of mystery batterys on ebay but would love some feedback before I commit to something.

    Could you guys help me find a good quality battery?

    submitted by /u/PikachuCum
    [link] [comments]

    Just ordered the MacBook Pro

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I just ordered the MacBook Pro 16 inch but it says that it will take 2 to 3 weeks to ship and I was wondering if it has taken a shorter time for anybody. I'm asking because my current hardware is shit and I need this laptop to come as fast as possible for my software development classes.

    submitted by /u/Beastandcool
    [link] [comments]

    Battery draining while connected to external monitor in clamshell mode

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro (13- inch, 2017), connected to a external monitor. It is constantly in clamshell mode (closed lid) and connected to the 61W AC-adapter, but still I am losing charge. When I click on the battery symbol on the top right, it tells me that it isn't being charged and that the power is coming from the AC- adapter.
    The Mac is connected via Bluetooth to a speaker, a mouse and a keyboard. It's connected to the external monitor via HDMI to USB-C adapter.

    Is this normal, or should I stop using my Mac with the external monitor?

    submitted by /u/shaquazulu
    [link] [comments]

    How can I wipe the hard drive on my liquid damaged Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I have a 2017 Macbook Pro 13 inch with Touchbar and PCLe SSD that was in a small liquid spill where some liquid got into the back vents. The Macbook shut off about three hours afterwards and will not turn on. I took it to the Apple store and they tried the reset the SMC, which didn't work. They took it apart and told me that there was liquid damage and likely a logic board problem.

    The Macbook is totally dead. It will not start up. I push and hold the button and there is no response.

    Is there any way to wipe the hard drive or make sure that my data on the hard drive is not accessible?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/RogueTheJewels
    [link] [comments]

    quick question about folders

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    so i dont really know how to use folders. anyways i want to move this folder to someone else that isnt the corner of my screen but everytime i drag it, it just goes back to its old spot. i dont even know how i got the folder (i was messing around with folders) but its the type of folder that has "'today" and "earlier" sections. if someone could tell me how to move my folder without it dragging back or why it's doing that it would really help me. thank you!

    submitted by /u/pizzaandlaundry
    [link] [comments]

    My delete files on windows computer are appearing in my partner’s trash on MacBook

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    This one is gonna be peculiar. I've noticed that my deleted files from my windows computer are appearing on my partners MacBook in her trash.

    The strange thing about this is that we don't often use the same wifi or live in the same place.

    Anyone have this issue before? The file I deleted was from the 16th of October so it's just super strange how it appeared.

    submitted by /u/AsWithoutYa
    [link] [comments]

    External HDD and ARM compatibility?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    Hey y'all I'm on the fence about getting the arm Mac or an Intel. I haven't had a Mac in a couples years but I did format my external HDD with is high Sierra APFS and haven't touched it since because I ended up selling my MacBook. If I plug in the external HHD to the arm based Mac will it read it? I've looked everywhere and can't find an answer.

    submitted by /u/RazorBackX9X
    [link] [comments]

    Help me please I don’t know what to doo

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    Acrobat/Photoshop on 2015 macbook

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I am soooooo frustrated. Bought a refurbed macbook on ebay, 2015 vintage running Mojave. Then I decided I was sick of paying 10 bucks a month for photoshop and I bought both that and Acrobat Pro on ebay (both 5 version). And (duh) can't install either one.

    After a long session of search and read I have concluded I can't run either the PS or the Acrobat Pro on this laptop. I don't want a monthly subscription, I don't want the free (e.g. Gimp) alternatives. I don't OFTEN use Acrobat Pro and Photoshop, certainly not daily, but when I work on a publishing project now and then I want both those programs and I want them locally owned and not via cloud-based subscription. Am I dreaming?

    YES I KNOW I should have checked this before buying the ebay CDs but it just didn't occur to me that a newer Macbook (previous was a 2013) wouldn't run older software. Sooo disappointed.

    submitted by /u/JoyStJohn
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Problem

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    Hey there, so I have a 2015 MacBook Pro and it won't charge. It stays at 0% but it turns on when it's plugged in. As soon as it gets unplugged it immediately dies. I would take it into a store but I don't have a lot of money right now and if I could I'd rather try and fix it myself. Do any of you know what it could be? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Lohsom
    [link] [comments]

    I spilled maybe a couple droplets of coke from an empty glass onto my 2020 MacBook Pro keyboard, should I be worried? As of right now, it's working fine. The 'spill' occurred 20 minutes ago, and it was in fact very, very tiny.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    How do I lock my iCloud folders/files on my macbook?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Are there any in-built or good third party apps which make this possible?

    submitted by /u/stratosfeerick
    [link] [comments]

    how to reduce other space?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Macbook 12 Slowed by battery ?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Good evening,

    I have a question about battery problem on my macbook 12. It all started when the service recommended pop up. I've used the laptop since then but i started to notice a slow down in overall performance. Now it's stuck on 1% showing that it is charging but no percent up in battery. When i plug out the carger the mac shuts down. So i assume that the battery is dead.

    The main question is, do you have any idea that the macbook can be slowed down by that service now or recommended pop up on battery info ? Like there is any hardware or software tweak integrated by apple to slow down the macbook untill the battery is changed ?

    Thank you all ! Have a nice day !

    submitted by /u/davidsdn
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 16 16GB 512SSD 5300M with logic board replacement for $1500

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    Would this be too much of a risk? Repair was done by apple care.

    submitted by /u/LoveYourLife2020
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to use a keyboard cover if I applied a screen protector to my MacBook Pro 2019?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    My grandparents gifted me a 2019 MacBook Pro after me having to replace my crappy Windows machines every two years. I want this Mac to last me a long time, so I want to keep it in pristine condition. Think around 8-10 years and I am very careful with my devices, but it's just to be safe because I want to avoid wear and tear. I know it happens, but still.

    For now I have a hardshell case on my MacBook, together with an exact replica of the Moshi iVisor screen protector (it's a replica because it was the only one directly available in my country).

    I have ordered a MOSISO silicone keyboard cover too from Amazon, after seeing that the keys on these new MBPs get shiny.

    I have seen people do the exact same with the Moshi iVisor and ClearGuard and there aren't horror stories of those products cracking the screen. I've only seen damage happen with webcam covers.

    Apple recommended to not use silicone covers on the keyboard when closing the lid, but would it be safe to do so if the screen is protected with a strong PET plastic screen protector, like the iVisor or the magnetic privacy screen protectors Apple sells in-store?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/kaljisnedekha
    [link] [comments]

    Need help choosing an ext Monitor for my retina MBP

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    Hey folks,
    I have been trying to convince myself to choose one monitor for the past 2 months but haven't yet settled for one yet :|
    My primary job is design and code and i don't ever play games. My main point of concern is that I want to feel the same display quality while moving my eyes between the 2 screens (MBP and ext Monitor). I have been looking for 24" Full HD and 27" 4k but would like to know your thoughts and experience if you had one?

    submitted by /u/zeshhaan
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook a1425 seems to charge but won't boot

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro freezing

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    Periodically, my new MacBook Pro will stop responding all together before making a "huff" sound after a few minutes and shutting down. It then turns back on saying a problem caused the restart. Any idea what I can do?

    submitted by /u/hesinthetrees
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel