• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    Apple Help Very thin horizontal grey line appeared on display out of nowhere. I apologize for the dirty screen, but zoom in to see the line just below the cursor, most evident on white backgrounds. (MBP 13” Retina 2017)

    Apple Help Very thin horizontal grey line appeared on display out of nowhere. I apologize for the dirty screen, but zoom in to see the line just below the cursor, most evident on white backgrounds. (MBP 13” Retina 2017)


    Very thin horizontal grey line appeared on display out of nowhere. I apologize for the dirty screen, but zoom in to see the line just below the cursor, most evident on white backgrounds. (MBP 13” Retina 2017)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    Should I buy the latest 2020 iMac or wait for the Apple Silicon iMac?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    My 2011 iMac is on its last leg. Back in July I was going to buy a new one, but then found out ghat there was supposed to be a new iMac coming in September so I wanted to wait. I've been kind of holding out, but yesterday my 2011 machine wouldn't turn on for a couple hours. It's up and running again and as I was just about to impulse buy a new one I found out about this silicon that should be coming out this year.

    So I guess my question: should I hold out and wait for silicon or buy that latest 2020 model. I am about 85% sure my 2011 machine will last another 6-12 months.

    submitted by /u/throwitintheair22
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a MacBook Charger for my iPhone or connect it to a wireless charging pad?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    All displays are different ��

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    I need your help. I currently use a iPhone X for my phone. I edit a lot of photos on it so really care about color accuracy. I've noticed on my iPad Pro the colors are different and now just picked up a iPhone 12 pro and noticed they are different as well. The white and blacks seem to have a green ish hue on them which is making all displays look different. Any ideas on what's going on?

    submitted by /u/avg_fz07
    [link] [comments]

    Prompt to verify payment method, but won’t let me select gift card? I’ve bought music with this gift card before and had no problem but now it’s asking me to do this. Can I pay with my gift card without verifying the discover card?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    I've been hearing strange beeping noises on my friend's MacBook Pro. More info in comments.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Factory resetting iPhone 11 signed in with a deleted apple id

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    So this all started about a month ago, my mothers facebook account was hacked and her icloud became compromised. She promptly deleted the icloud account without consulting me and after telling her she needs to call asap has waited until about 4 days ago to call. Apple basically told her that her phone is a paperweight and that they can't do anything about it and that the only way they might be able to help is with proof of purchase (which we will be providing them with tomorrow) and even then they don't know if they will reset it for us. Basically posting because I'm wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences or problems with this and if anyone has any kind of sure fire resolution to the problem. Also wondering if anyone that has had this issue has went to an apple store and if so what the end result was.

    submitted by /u/T0ADisMe
    [link] [comments]

    Have any of you tested your iPhone chargers with a multimeter for voltage AND current?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    I ask because many of you like me probably have a combination of official and non-official chargers that all look the same. This makes it clear the values we should be seeing. This shows the wires to use inside a USB cable for testing. When measuring voltage, all of my chargers produced around 5V; however, when measuring current aka amps the Apple chargers produced a steady 0.05 of an amp, and the questionable chargers fluctuated between 0.1 and 0.4 amps. The fluctuation was up and down as if it was oscillating - like a sine wave.

    Multimeter details: For measuring amps, I put my red probe on the 10A outlet and the knob on the A and not the mA or uA; so, that seems correct to me, but if I got something wrong, I'd like to know.

    There are even apps for Android that measure amperage. I tried the iPhone chargers with that, and they all yielded 300 - 400 mA. I'm inclined to believe my multimeter more than those apps. What do you think? Would you trust the questionable chargers with your iPhone?

    submitted by /u/Ilubalu
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    I've been researching for days but I still can't really understand the difference between these:

    Macbook Air:

    1.1GHz Quad-Core Core i5 Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz

    Macbook Pro:

    1.4GHz Quad-Core Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

    The only reason I want a mac is to run Xcode, a program which takes up a lot of power and data. Will I be fine with the Air? How much better would the Pro be? Are the differences just in speed?

    submitted by /u/Salafalco
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need a reservation go in the apple store to look around?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    Oily keyboard from uses mac. Is there any ways I can maje it look like new?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Safari isn’t showing me any bookmarks. Whether I have iCloud sync turned on or off, restart my phone, follow all of the  support page instructions, even bought a new phone and tried it on there, this is all I get. I can’t save new ones or view old ones.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    What is this Apple Watch control center icon for?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    Tried posting in r/whatisthisthing but they didn’t like it so here goes.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    What is this emoji???

    👁‍🗨

    I just found it in my phone (iPhone 7s+ I think) and I don't know how to feel about it. It trips me out and no I'm not on drugs atm. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sallysquirrel
    [link] [comments]

    Live Photo wallpapers

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    I have just taken delivery of my new iPhone 12 Pro, restored from my XS backup that used the default live wallpaper as the Lock Screen. On the iPhone 12 i then set the wallpaper to one of the new ones to see what they are like and IMHO they are a bit crap.

    Then comes my issue... I wanted to go back to my old XS live wallpaper. Issue is you can seemingly only select from the 4 pre created ones and not any of the others from previous phones. Does anyone know a way to choose one from a previous generation or am I out of luck? I tried downloading a couple of .mov versions people have saved on the internet but they cant be used as they are video files and not Live Photo's.

    If it isn't possible I may just look elsewhere for a new background image.

    submitted by /u/HumanSkunk87
    [link] [comments]

    Stop Mac from waking when BT Headphones are turned on? Using external display /w clamshell mode so turning off "Wake from Bluetooth Devices" isn't an option.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    16 "MBP - 10.15.17, Bose QC35II latest software.

    submitted by /u/military_whale
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning cable only works with one orientation

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    Restoring my backup

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    Restoring from backup

    Sorry if this is a repeat question. I consider myself knowledgeable with Apple products but today I'm stumped.

    I restored my wife's iPhone 12 Pro from her iPhone 11 Pro using my MacBook Air. Everything came over fine and her emails and photos are all there. The problem is none of the apps came over. Normally in the past the apps would hit the homescreen and reload but right now it's all the stock apps. I tried Googling for an hour and nothing relevant came up. Any one else have this issue?

    submitted by /u/schaudhery
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Issue with iPhone 12 and wireless charging

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    I am currently having trouble with my iPhone 12 and wireless charging. I will set my phone down on the wireless charging pad (3rd party charger that is a 10W charger). It will show that it starts charging but right after the battery icon goes back to the smaller version it stops charging it. Ive tried with 2 different charging bricks to no avail. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

    The 3rd party wireless charger i have is the RavPower Fast Charger Wireless Charging Pad with an output of 10W.

    submitted by /u/Limeskyinfo
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook and Printer Not Printing

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Hello Everyone,

    My printer and MacBook says they're connected, however, whenever I press print, nothing is being printed. I checked the queue, but nothing is there and whenever I press print, the printing process just disappears. Also, I have reseted the printing system, added and removed, and restarted my wifi, printer, and MacBook.

    Can anyone provide insight on the issue?

    Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/NeverWouldHaveKnown
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music not showing explicit music

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    When i try to search up a song/album that is explicit, either apple music shows the clean version, or not at all (if there is no clean). I have all restrictions off. Any idea how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/_Thiccest
    [link] [comments]

    Broken MacBook Advice

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    My 2015 macbook pro's display is probably broken and just displays black. I think because I dropped it too many times. Apple support said it would cost about 300-500 dollars to fix. Everything apple support told me over the phone wasn't able to fix it so I would have to take it in to a store. If it isn't a simple fix and I have to pay 300-500, should I do it or just buy a new macbook? Any advice is really appreciated. :)

    submitted by /u/GreyZone01
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7+ partially blurry photos when scanning a document

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    So pretty much the entire time I've owned my 7+ (I'm the original owner and never had any damage to the phone), any time I've tried to take a photo of a document or receipt, the picture will always have one section of the document super clear, and other parts near the edge are blurry. Depending on where I set the focus on the viewfinder, it changes where the clear and blurry parts are.

    I usually just hold the phone about 6-12" above to get the full document in the frame and use the files app to take the pic and save it as a PDF.

    Are you guys able to take fully clear pictures doing this same thing and it's my camera that's having an issue or am I just taking my pictures wrong? (Like holding too close, not enough light, etc?)

    submitted by /u/antnythr
    [link] [comments]

    Just downloaded a app on my phone. Not coming up in my purchased what can be the reason? How can I fix this?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Hello so I just downloaded a app on my iPhone and it is not coming up in my purchased I thought it was glitch restarted my phone and nothing happened so then I decided to get another app and it would pop up in the purchases. I downloaded the same exact app I got on a difference device and it came up. I even installed and reinstalled it what can be the reason for this? Can you please help out. Anything to worry about?

    submitted by /u/Techboi022
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel