• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    macOS [Help] Quick Look is greyed out in iMessage [macOS Catalina 10.15.7]

    macOS [Help] Quick Look is greyed out in iMessage [macOS Catalina 10.15.7]


    [Help] Quick Look is greyed out in iMessage [macOS Catalina 10.15.7]

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Dynamic wallpapers with sun and dark side of the moon

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    Dynamic wallpapers with sun and dark side of the moon

    Dark side of the moon (Apollo 13)

    Sun ejecting plasma

    Sun one changes every hour. Moon once per two hours.

    Sun wallpapers

    Moon wallpapers

    ![img](ns12uay3oyp51 "To install put downloaded and unzipped heic file to \"/Library/Desktop Pictures\". The wallpaper will be selectable in \"Change wallpaper\" Settings applet. ")

    To install put downloaded and unzipped heic file to "/Library/Desktop Pictures". The wallpaper will be selectable in "Change wallpaper" Settings applet.
    Here you can download both.

    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18WLksn-MlsPomSPCkwdv413uWm2lSQw5?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/radioerewan
    [link] [comments]

    Catlina on Macbook pro 2011

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Hi guys hopefully everyone is safe from pandemic COVID 19 My question is i install Catlina on macbook pro early 2011 its working perfact but my camera is stop working after installing Catalina. Is there any soultion

    submitted by /u/ISO_learner
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Downgrade from Catalina to older versions

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    I just upgraded to Catalina a few days ago. But found out that I can't play 32 bit games and I didn't like Catalina much. I know there are many guides about how to downgrade from Catalina to older versions . But I have never back up my laptop before and I certainly do not have a big external drive to backup. I am afraid to screw things up and wipe off the drive. I want to pay someone to do that. Does anyone know if Apple store or other laptop repair store provide this service? And how much do they charge?

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/sdjudy
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    Can i increase the storage partition after i have downloaded my windows bootcamp? I only gave 40 GB of storage because i didnt expect that a game like valorant would be released only on windows

    submitted by /u/MacIsBadForGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Spotlight can’t find some apps

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    I've forced Spotlight to rebuild index using 'sudo mdutil -E /' several times now, but it still doesn't find some of my apps. Everything is checked in Spotlight settings. Never had this issue before, does anyone has any ideas? I'm on 10.15.7

    submitted by /u/Nathaniel_Wu
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best notes app / alternatives to OneNote?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    I'm trying to find the perfect Notes app but keep failing.

    Apple's Notes is great for quick notes but feels weak in the long-run. Notion has cool features but I hate how it organizes notebooks. OneNote has been good but I've noticed syncing issues between MacOS and iOS. I would also much rather be able to save to iCloud and ditch my OneDrive account.

    All I want is a simple note-taking app. One with a good folders system for storing tons of notes for college courses, random lists, write-ups of podcasts, articles, etc. I don't care for fancy features like stylus support or the-like. Being able to save notes to iCloud and immediate syncing are also huge pluses.


    Post research update:

    Well... I actually surprised myself and decided to return to Apple Notes.

    After trying few different apps I decided on Evernote. It's a nice app with a pretty generous free tier and it has a nice file system / search functionality. But after reading a few comparisons I realized for my uses it's pretty damn similar to Apple Notes. I went back to try Apple notes and realized the file system / search is pretty good. It's not the most beautiful app but it's clean, keeps things well organized, and its snappy. Perhaps I'll consider changing again in the future but for now I'll stick with it.

    Other considerations I had were:

    • Bear looks clean, almost like a simpler version of Notion
    • IA Writer and Ulysses seem good but they're paid and only support markdown
    • SimpleNote feels nearly identical to Apple Notes
    submitted by /u/FlantasticSea
    [link] [comments]

    Advice

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    I'm buying a 2020 MacBook 13" Pro and I'm wondering which is best:

    i7, 32gb of RAM and a 512gb SSD i5, 32gb of RAM and a 1tb SSD

    submitted by /u/DarkPasquale
    [link] [comments]

    Sur beta 8 messages

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    I am not able to paste a screen shot into iMessage anymore also taking a screen shot no longer paste the file on my desktop? Anyone notice that?

    submitted by /u/DimaVRT
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t have parent control settings on my Mac. I’m on the admin account which is the only account on here. How do I block certain websites?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    Show contact name only in Messages notification?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    Is there a way to have the content of an incoming message hidden on a Messages notification but have the contact name still be displayed similar to how it's done in iOS?

    submitted by /u/FaithlessnessLazy
    [link] [comments]

    Migrating an app from cloud to local drive

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Yesterday, I installed the next installment of Pillars of Eternity using Steam. It decided to install it on my desktop on the cloud. I have plenty of local disk storage. Is there a way to migrate the app to the local disk?

    submitted by /u/Jkstexas2001
    [link] [comments]

    Play/ pause on Mac numeric keyboard doesn't work

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    I recently got a magic keyboard with numeric keypad recently for my MBP 2018

    Ive noticed recently that unless Music is open and in focus, the play pause doesn't do anything.

    I have it connected and everything else works great, but if Im in safari and I press the button I get nothing.

    if I go into the app, and press the button again nothing. If I press space, it will pause, and THEN the button works for a bit.

    I checked the shortcuts and nothing is taking that F8 button.

    any ideas? Apple just said to reset NVRAM and SMC

    submitted by /u/slvrscoobie
    [link] [comments]

    What is going on with my Macbook? If it's not plugged in, it shuts down. It won't turn back on unless I plug it in. I try and set it back up to normal again and this shows up.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Does Mac photos detect duplicates when importing from a folder?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Setting screen resoluition

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    I have this fancy new 34" 4K monitor. I have to lower the resolution in order to get work done, At fill resolution, the print is too small. When doing other things I obviously want a higher resolution. Are there any shortcuts on changing. Going into the settings and doing it isn't a deal-breaker by any means but I'm basically forgetful and lazy.

    submitted by /u/Craigccrncen
    [link] [comments]

    Can't seem to re-install macOS (MBP mid-2012)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    I have a mid-2012 macbook pro that I upgraded to an SSD awhile back. I was able to install OSX to the SSD no problem and then upgraded to Catalina. However, the SSD died and I got a replacement from the manufacturer.

    I have been trying to reinstall macOS now, but keep running into issues.

    When I tried to install Lion from internet recovery I got an error like "Can't download additional components" or something like that. I looked online and someone said to try holding the Option key in addition to Command + R, and this time I was given the option to install Catalina directly. I reformatted the drive to APFS and started the install... now the installation just finished and automatically did a restart. As soon as it restarted it was back to showing the blinking file icon with the question mark in it.

    I thought maybe it wasn't recognizing the SSD as the startup disk, but when I hold just the Option key after startup (to get to Startup Manager), it tries to take me back into internet recovery (the one where it offers Lion and not Catalina).

    I'm getting really frustrated by the whole process, can anyone help me sort it out?

    submitted by /u/CLucas127
    [link] [comments]

    72 apps on my dock (82 icons total)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    72 apps on my dock (82 icons total)

    I've been reading some post about docks, and how many apps people have on them... I've also seen many screenshots... But I haven't found anyone with as many apps on it as me.

    I do use spotlight to open apps most of the time, however I like to keep most of them on the dock (not just the ones I usually use but also other useful tools).

    - my dock -

    The main reason is that I like to have the icons in a fixed place. So it doesn't matter if the app is open or closed, it stays in the same place. Also I enjoy seeing them. This way I don't forget about them. hehe

    My screen is 32 inches... So I have a lot of space.

    submitted by /u/BigDak_
    [link] [comments]

    App/Tool/Script to Proportionally Move Mouse Across Displays of Different Resolutions?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    App/Tool/Script to Proportionally Move Mouse Across Displays of Different Resolutions?

    I've asked this question on Stack Exchange but am asking here for visibility.

    I have a MacBook Pro 2018 with Catalina (1920x1080px) and a 2nd external monitor (3440x1440px) arranged as below in Displays. I understand that there are scale options to change the resolutions but I don't want to actually scale them because then I lose screen width and height.

    Currently the mouse can only move between the connected edges of the two screens. It stops if I try to move it down on the right half of the larger screen.

    What I would like to do is move the mouse proportionally so the mouse can move smoothly between the screens without stopping at one part of the screen

    In other words the mouse moving down at pixel 1790 on the large screen would end up at pixel 1000 on the small screen.

    1. Are there any apps/tools/scripts that would allow for this behavior?
    2. If no such app/tool/script exists, what code libraries and functions related to mouse movement and displays could I use to write this myself?

    Mac Displays with one large 3440x1440 screen on top of a smaller 1920x1080 screen

    As an example, here are two Windows apps that seems similar to what I want:

    submitted by /u/merlinpatt
    [link] [comments]

    Lets share our most annoying bugs and issues with macos

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    I have two very annoying bugs which after every update I'm still very surprised to see come back.

    Mouse cursor / pointer. My arrow keeps disappearing. Not sure which program is specifically causing this. Sometimes video causes it. Sometimes having multiple full screen apps causes it. Remote access software might be causing it. Synergy could also be the culprit. Whatever the cause is.. I just blame macos at this point. It just disappears. I have to drag the invisible cursor to the top bar and click. This is the quickest way I have found to resolve this.

    Second bug is full screen video turns everything green. Funny enough the fix to this issue is related to changing the mouse cursor size in accessibility settings. I just change the size to anything and back to normal. I found this fix from googling online. This issue is also a bit random not every video player triggers it.

    submitted by /u/ineververify
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with invasive problem on my MacBook please

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    I constantly get prompts on my computer to enable "leading channel search" I always deny. There's nothing in my applications or extensions on safari. In the activity monitor I try to quit it but won't go away. There are 3 processes running, 2 just say LeadingChannelSearch and the other is LeadingChannelSearchDaemon. I can't find anything about it online so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/HIGHaltitude
    [link] [comments]

    Can please someone explain to me why I can’t update my these 4 apps? The rest of the apps gets updates normally, except for these 4.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Mojave to Catalina Upgrade - What to expect for iTunes to Music transition?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    I have a mid-2019 MBP 15-inch currently on Mojave 10.14.6. While I have no immediate plans to upgrade to Catalina, I want to make the jump soon so that I'm not too far behind by the time Big Sur is out.

    I had read that some people were encountering issues of their music libraries going "missing" during the iTunes to Music migration. Granted, it looks like this was primarily an issue when people were attempting clean installs rather than upgrades, but I have a huge library of almost 20k (65 GB) of imported tracks (hardly any are purchased from iTunes), curated into dozens of playlists, and I want to know if I should expect any issues and know how to get ahead of these issues as much as possible in addition to making sure all is backed up.

    Alternately, I'd also like to hear if anyone experienced a smooth transition with a relatively seamless OS update from Mojave to Catalina.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/meaty_burrity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel