• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    Apple Macbook So I got a replacement key and I have no idea how to put it back in, the model is MacBook Pro 2020 13 inch 2.0 ghz

    Apple Macbook So I got a replacement key and I have no idea how to put it back in, the model is MacBook Pro 2020 13 inch 2.0 ghz


    So I got a replacement key and I have no idea how to put it back in, the model is MacBook Pro 2020 13 inch 2.0 ghz

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    When do you think apple will update the MacBook to have a oled or microled screen?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    I'm not upgrading my MacBook until they don't have a IPS screen anymore/up the resolution too, and improve the bezels on the 13 inch.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/ineedandlove_acid
    [link] [comments]

    I pressed some buttons on start up and now my MacBook 2020 is stuck here, even if i charge it. What is happening?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Random black bar started appearing at the bottom of display today (between red brackets), does anyone know what the issue could be?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    Backlight bleed on my 2017 15” MacBook Pro. Is it normal?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    Just noticed these two lines on my MacBook 12 inch 2017. It seems to line up with the mouse pad, is this normal? Bad design?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    Macbook Air A1369 fresh install from USB not working.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    So I've got an old Macbook Air. When starting up it was getting halfway through the loading bar then would shut off. I booted into Mac Utilities and formatted the drive as it was full of old stuff not important and I figured a fresh install would be best. Buuuuuuuut, it will only try and install Lion and then it gives an error about not being able to download additional components, which I'm assuming has to deal with the fact that you can't download that version anymore?

    I don't have access to another Mac so I've tried about 4 different utilities on PC to create a USB boot disc and none of them are shown in the startup menu in the utilities. One of the things recommended is to reset PRAM/NVRAM but the keyboard buttons listed don't actually do anything when I try them, it just starts right up and shows the folder with a question mark. Resetting the PRAM is supposed to let it try and install a version other than Lion, like maybe one that's actually available.

    Am I missing something really just nice and easy? Why does the Utilities boot not just let it connect to the internet and find the latest version to install instead of one that's not supported anymore? I'm losing it.

    I need help before I lose my mind.

    submitted by /u/Zestfule
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Exchange My New MPB 16"?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Yesterday, I bought the base model 16" MacBook Pro (2.6GHz, 6-core 9th gen i7, 16GB Mem, Radeon 5300M, 512 GB).

    I am in software engineering and in my last year of university. I would like this macbook to last since it's probably the last time I'll buy one in the foreseeable future. I am also wanting to keep open the possibility of using this macbook for grad school (likely in software systems/machine learning field).

    This year I'll be using it for web development, game development (Unity, but nothing too crazy just working on a 2D pac-man game), and possibly mobile development (likely Android/Flutter). Other than that, again, nothing too crazy other than light gaming on Steam that isn't too intense on graphics and mostly Netflix. Also thinking maybe using Bootcamp to play Windows games.

    I was originally planning to get the 13" but after realizing how small the screen is compared to my work computer I figure might as well go with the 16".

    I have a few days to exchange the base model 16" I got and I'm not sure what is "worth it" for what I am doing in school.

    Is 16GB memory enough? Or it worth the extra $450 (Canadian) to bump up memory to 32GB?

    What's the deal with the GPU? Is it worth $112 to bump up graphics to 5500M?

    I also imagine the base model 16" would just generally perform better than all the 13" models, though for what I am doing is it worth $350 to bump up to the 8 core 9th gen 9?

    Money is not really an issue because this is mostly coming out of scholarships + student grants + gift cards. If it's worth getting more than the base model I am leaning towards getting either the 8-core and 5500M, or just 32GB memory.

    EDIT: Want to add, forgot to say: I am also considering getting a new iPad so if I keep the base model as is, I'd likely get an iPad as well instead of the upgrades

    submitted by /u/valloweaster
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook help

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    I am looking for a new laptop for schoolwork and projects. I heard there is a new ARM macbook coming in October. Should I wait for that or buy one now? I am using it on a bed so it cant heat up and I also need a good amount of speed so I can do projects.

    submitted by /u/Arindom69
    [link] [comments]

    PC user here, need advice.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    My mom is a mac user and I am a PC user. Her 2013 air is starting to shit the bed (takes 3-4 tries to power on while unplugged). My gut says battery, but I'm scared it could be motherboard. Would it be worth it to buy an $80 battery from ifixit and do a swap (I have the tools) or am I better off buying a 2017 air to get her the bump in RAM and storage while keeping the USB-A port?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jmorlin
    [link] [comments]

    16" MBP Optical Drive Ideas?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    My 2011 MBP finally died, so I got a 16" MBP and am loving it!
    I am trying to find a good optical drive solution. I have a functional optical drive from my old MBP, but I can't find a decent mini SATA (or slimline SATA?)-to-USB C adapter. I tried using my brother's superdrive, but it doesn't get enough power from my USB C hub, so I am not sure an external optical drive to USB A will work.
    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/kibbles0515
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air touchpad and keyboard not working after login.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    It is only working for logging in.. I brought it to the store where I bought it and they say it is water damage. Could this be right? Seems very strange that it works perfectly for login and not after that. Doesn't seem like water to me.

    submitted by /u/dsuperior123
    [link] [comments]

    Updating OS from os x Lion on mid 2010

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    I all I recently wiped the disk on my second hand macbook mid 2010. I bought it for music production and a novice as I am I have bought 10.7.5 instead of what it was before. I need 10.11.3 minimum for my production software to work but every update I download says its damaged and can't be used. Please help its driving me crazy. I also wonder if I bought 10.11.3 on a start up disk would it download and work rather than these ones from apple.com.

    submitted by /u/Hardlyaspartan
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    I'm using macbookpro 13inch model. and i want to use Command+Shift keys to change languages. can you help me?

    submitted by /u/Dannis775
    [link] [comments]

    Is the MacBook Pro 13 inch keyboard good

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Memory on my Macbook

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    Hi all, just a quick question...

    I'm doing some video editing and I checked and had 155GB of free space. I then transferred over 100GB of videos, edited them into 50GB of new videos and then deleted the 100GB of videos and emptied recycle bin and moved the 50GB of new videos to my hard drive and deleted them from the computer.

    Now my mac says it only has 44GB of free space?! So confused about where all of this memory has gone?! I've also emptied iMovie of its videos and media too and no difference.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Lazarus5687
    [link] [comments]

    macbook gift

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Hii Can you gift me my dream macbook, I am a student, and it is very expensive in my country

    submitted by /u/cryptosrcn
    [link] [comments]

    Shock

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    Have you guys ever been shocked by your Macbook charger because I just did and I don't know if it a normal thing or not 😅

    submitted by /u/hak-sza
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel