• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 30, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [September 30]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [September 30]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [September 30]

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Check our Tech Support FAQ page

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly What Should I Buy Thread - [September 25]

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly stickied WSIB thread.

    Have any questions about buying, selling, trading, or giveaways? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "What Should I Buy" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"What Should I Buy" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro Max is the largest iPhone ever

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    How it’s going to feel switching from an IPhone Max to IPhone 12 mini

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    For those of you who are living in Canada how long did it take for Apple to issue you a credit for the 'trade in' you send in? Apple told me it shouldn't take more than 10 business days. Did you send you trade in before or after your purchase your new product?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    Best app for time lapses?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    I would like to be able to adjust the length and speed of the clip after recording, so it doesn't turn out looking too fast or slow, are there any good apps for that? I don't mind paying for it if that's an option

    submitted by /u/ofrost99
    [link] [comments]

    Since upgrading to iOS 14, Chrome sometimes doesn’t use the full width

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Apple Releases Second Betas of iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2 to Developers With Music Recognition Toggle for Control Center

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    I found an iPhone, what are my options?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    So I work in automotive detail and clean trade-in vehicles for dealerships. All belongings are ours to take if we find any since there's no way to track down original owner since the vehicle no longer belongs to an individual.

    I found a 7+ in a vehicle today, charged it up and happened to guess the passcode first try (123456 lol). I looked at the phone records and the last call was made a couple years ago so I assume it's been lost for a while. All calls were out of town calls, so I'm assuming the owner drove into town to trade in his vehicle. So with that said I have no way of returning to original owner personally, so what are my options? Wait for the owner to be notified on find my iPhone and hope he makes the long trip back for his long lost phone? Or reset to default and keep it (is that even possible without Apple ID?)

    Thanks guys. In no ways am I a thief and would absolutely return should owner arrive at the shop. I actually already have a 7+ and just seeing what my options are.

    submitted by /u/edogawafan
    [link] [comments]

    What are the top three things you want to see / value most when buying the next iPhone

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    For me

    1. Size (a smaller iphone)
    2. If the camera had insane zoom like the Huawei P30 pro for example
    3. USB C
    submitted by /u/cleanutility
    [link] [comments]

    is it still possible to find a new iphone 8 Plus anywhere?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    My senior aged father is in need of a new phone but would like to stick with having a physical home button. He currently has the 6s but needs a bigger screen. Atleast a 5.5 inch display. I let him try out my XS to let him see what it would be like without a home button, but it was too confusing for him. The iphone SE is too small. Any suggestions on how I could find a new 8 plus? I saw a refurbished one on Walmart, but Apple and my carrier is out of stock.

    submitted by /u/LensofTruth-
    [link] [comments]

    With IOS 14, Can I now change the default notification sound so that it’s not tri-tone?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    Our dogs now associate the tri-tone sound with delivery trucks arriving and they go completely nuts. I desperately need to change the default sound so that it's not tri-tone.

    I know that some apps let you configure this but I'm talking about the default sound for notifications, such as when HomeKit notifies you of a trigger, or when your phone is locked and an app sends a notification.

    I know that I can disable sounds for notifications but that's not what I'm asking for. I need to stop all the iPhones in the house from ever using tri-tone while still allowing sound notifications.

    I know this is classic Pavlov but I'm not looking to try to retrain a pack of dogs to stop barking at tri-tone.

    submitted by /u/SpinCharm
    [link] [comments]

    The keyboard emojis are bugging out all the time and the app gets frozen . Does anyone else run into this problem ,I been running into so many problems. Like the airpods bt button Keeps acting out .

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    How reliable is this source which revealed the 120Hz refresh rate on the iPhone 12 Pro Max?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    What is 3utools?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    I keep seeing it when looking up stuff about fixing iPhones.

    submitted by /u/BoDuke2theoriginal_2
    [link] [comments]

    Specific questions about the state of iOS after being on Android for years.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Hey so I've been thinking about switching back to iOS with the Iphone 12 and I have some questions I'm hoping you guys can answer. I've always switched back and forth between Android/iOS whenever I get annoyed with one and the last Iphone I had was the Iphone 4s. So it's been quite a while and there's some features that I need clarification on.

    1. The number one reason for me switching to android was music management. I have around 1000 songs (of various file types, mp3, m4a, flac, etc) and dealing with Itunes was a nightmare. Itunes and the amount of hoops I would have to jump through to manage my music was ridiculous. So my main concern.... Can I DRAG AND DROP my music on to an Iphone and have it work without some hacked up method? Note: Streaming services are not an option for me as quite a few of the songs I have aren't even on such services. So please don't suggest I use those.

    2. How are the default iOS apps with regards to integrating with other service providers. For example is the calendar app going to automatically import my calendars from my Outlook email? Or do apple services throw a fit every time they have to cooperate with others? Also if someone can quickly mention which default apps aren't great that way I can just skip to looking for alternatives.

    3. I'm currently on Samsung which has the Knox system and allows for me to have certain files/notes in a isolated environment which is encrypted and relatively safe. Does Iphone have a similar feature or am I forced to put all my notes in the regular notes app with all my other notes?

    4. I understand that Carplay uses Apple Maps which from what I've seen had improved quite a bit but is still miles behind competitors. How well are other apps integrated into Apple Carplay (eg: Waze, Google Maps, other options if possible?).

    Also if there are any other hindrances or issues that have come up when switching to iOS that you should I should know, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/HelloBicBoi
    [link] [comments]

    “find my phone” is useless if your phone got stolen.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    your phone got stolen and first thing the thieve are gonna do is turn it OFF. To turn OFF the phone the password / face id should be required. otherwise the "find my phone thing is useless. There's many topics of people discussing this thing several years ago. I guess apple don't care, if your phone got stolen they want you to just buy new phone.

    submitted by /u/tiocoin
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.2 Suggests Apple Won't Include EarPods in the Box With iPhone 12

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel