• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    Apple TV Is it just me or does the airplay between AppleTV and HomePod suck? Every time I calibrate it either doesn’t work or only works for a day. I’ve reset my HomePod several times now. Everything is up to date as well... (primarily using Netflix)

    Apple TV Is it just me or does the airplay between AppleTV and HomePod suck? Every time I calibrate it either doesn’t work or only works for a day. I’ve reset my HomePod several times now. Everything is up to date as well... (primarily using Netflix)


    Is it just me or does the airplay between AppleTV and HomePod suck? Every time I calibrate it either doesn’t work or only works for a day. I’ve reset my HomePod several times now. Everything is up to date as well... (primarily using Netflix)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    tvOS14 - Samsung TV no longer turns on AppleTV

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Since I updated to tvOS14, when I switch the Samsung TV input to the AppleTV HDMI, it no longer powers up the AppleTV, and I have to do that manually. Made no changes to the TV settings, and confirmed HDMI-CEC is still enabled on both the TV and the AppleTV.

    Anyone else experience this?

    submitted by /u/fmalloy
    [link] [comments]

    I’m trying to watch “Alien Covenant 4K” on Apple TV for the Roku Ultra, but it keeps giving me this message. Is anyone else getting a similar message error?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    YT app updated on ATV 4K - Still no 4K

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    I noticed that the YT app on ATV 4K, TVos 14.01 (18J400) updated today. I went to a 4K channel, but 1080p is the highest resolution offered. Do you think YT (Google) will put 4K & 8K behind their Premium membership paywall? I hope not.

    submitted by /u/MsMarji
    [link] [comments]

    For those worried about YouTube app not playing in 4K don’t worry it’s not just us, my TV (LG C8) YouTube app isn’t playing 4K either. And also my Xbox one X YouTube app doesn’t always play in 4K either. It’s YouTube not Apple TV

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    AppleTV 4th Gen has stopped turning on my Sony tv (but when I tell Apple TV to sleep, it turns off the TV)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    So, the apple TV remote on my 4th Gen Apple TV used to turn on/off the TV when I hit any button on the remote.

    Something changed in the last few months to where the apple TV remote will not turn on the TV. I have to use the TV's remote to turn on the TV. But it WILL turn off the TV when I use the Apple TV to tell the Apple TV to go to sleep.

    I've unplugged/replugged both the Apple TV and the TV (power and HDMI cables as well), and turned on/off the HDMI-CEC settings on both devices too, and unplugged/re-plugged them during that process as well.

    submitted by /u/IIIISuperDudeIIII
    [link] [comments]

    Is their any new information on an xfinity app for apple TV?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    Currently I use a silicon dust prime with a cable card to watch TV on a bunch of TV's and record shows. It saves my parents about $30/month in rental fees and allows them to have a TV in a work out room and the bedrooms that only get occasional use. They would never be able to afford the rental fees for 6 TV's, 3 of them they only occasional use.

    Unfortunately the FCC has or soon will change the rule on cable cards, I had hoped that xfinity would have had an apple Tv app by now. I love my ATV and would be fine with using it as a set top box. Older people will never give up their cable, so the SD prime box was a great device for what it did.

    After getting my parents used to the ATV, it would be a down grade to have to switch to Roku. Has there been any updated info about whether xfinity will ever offer an xfinity app for ATV?

    submitted by /u/NewSongZ
    [link] [comments]

    Flick any video or photo to apple tv while browsing on iPhone?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    The videos and images in social media feeds, or amazon or any app, i like to watch the media on my 65" OLED screen, but mirroring doesn't work with most of apps, you still see portrait or signal bar on the tv, and not in full screen, so you need to rotated the phone etc...

    I just basically like to read and control on my iPhone and use the tv just as media player. Is there a way to have this seamless integration? Appreciate any tips or tricks, cheers.

    submitted by /u/ramimgh
    [link] [comments]

    Stutter not fixed?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    So I've recently purchased a Vizio P Series Quantum tv and ever since I installed my Apple TV 4K on it from my old LG 1080p 60Hz tv I've noticed a stutter in most tv viewing. It's driving me insane and up until today I thought it was my new tv, but after trying out the native apps, I've found out they work just fine and the source has to be the Apple TV.

    Is there some setting anyone knows about that eliminates this issue or is it a hardware problem?

    submitted by /u/ShapeShif73r
    [link] [comments]

    Attempting to rate apps says “you don’t own this item”

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    If you’ve owned a Roku and an Apple TV, which one did you like better?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    Controlling AppleTV from a different floor in the house.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm wondering if anyone here has their AppleTV down in their mech room but has found a way to control it from the living room where it's being watched. I know I could do it using my phone but what about the AppleTV remote?

    TIA

    submitted by /u/TexasT-bag
    [link] [comments]

    I have to sign in to my apps again every time I open them up again...

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    This is seriously so frustrating and annoying i just want to have to sign in ONCE. Why do they make me sign in every time i open an app? This is for almost all of my downloaded apps..

    submitted by /u/stickynutcream
    [link] [comments]

    Prime HDCP issues since the last update.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Anybody else seeing more frequent HDCP errors since the last update in Prime? Seems like I have to fight to get the Boys season 2 to play. Season one will kick off no problem, all other shows actually. For whatever reason the season 2 episodes since the update will through HDCP errors about a dozen times then finally play. Prime is the only app I'm having issues with.

    submitted by /u/tdasnowman
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV Picture in Picture Camera Support

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    I'm having a baby later in the year, and am looking at baby monitor options. I've been thinking it might be better to just buy an indoor camera that I can monitor on my phone and iPad - with the new AppleTV firmware supporting picture in picture, I'm wondering if it will be possible to have the camera on the smaller PiP window? Would that only work for HomeKit enabled cameras? Does anyone have a similar setup?

    submitted by /u/crimsonmajor
    [link] [comments]

    Extremely low audio in only some apps after new update

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    My volume is fine outside of apps and in Apple Apps as well. Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, FXNOW, NBCSports, Hulu all seem to work fine too. SYFY, NBC, and a few others seem to have a dramatic drop in volume that I can't seem to figure out. I have to max the volume on my system just to hear it at a normal audio.

    Has anyone run into this and any ideas on how to fix it? Rebooted many times. Power cycled my entire media setup and swapped out cables.

    submitted by /u/BaconAttack
    [link] [comments]

    Audio format in ATV Main Menu

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Hello,

    What is the audio format you receive in the Apple TV main menu (e.g when browsing through apps). On my LG CX it says PCM. However is this even changeable to Dolby digital or something else?

    submitted by /u/richtig_chillig
    [link] [comments]

    no atmos no 4k youtube

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    pathetic

    submitted by /u/rambo1286
    [link] [comments]

    Harmony Ultimate One

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    I set up the Harmony Beta Bluetooth set up on my harmony hub. Everything works great on the app. However, the Ultimate One doesn't work at all. Is there some additional step I need to do to get the physical remote to work with Apple TV over Bluetooth?

    submitted by /u/CoralGrimes06
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel