• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread - [September 29]

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread - [September 29]


    Daily iOS Support Thread - [September 29]

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily iOS support thread for /r/iOS.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the si[Tech Support FAQ page]()debar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Check our Tech Support FAQ page

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The App Library automatically makes its own folder for TestFlight apps if you have any installed.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    New: iOS 14 widget with a nearly invisible app name/label below it

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    We created a new app called -•- (Dash Dot Dash). It contains a home screen widget which can display any image from your photo library. The thing that is really interesting is that its label is nearly invisible - it is just -•-. What features should we add to this app?

    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/3j5pfdw

    App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1533706044

    submitted by /u/efracsoftware
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14 HealthKit issue explored

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I know it's been mentioned on this sub before, but I'm also one of the ones suffering from the new bugs with the health app (15.88 PB gang where you at?)

    I've been doing some exploring of my iPhone and what limitations I have found.

    In sum:

    • Putting Apple Watch into aeroplane mode also freezes my watch app

    • Apps were automatically updated, and now I cannot open them at all.

    • Any app associated with HealthKit freezes upon opening.

    • Any settings related to HealthKit cause freezing of setting app

    • Since my other apps auto updated, my phone is now incapable of turning off (holding power and volume up button does nothing, screen just eventually times out and auto locks. Both buttons work properly). Similarly, Apple Pay won't open.

    • Cannot delete any apps on my phone

    • Watch not syncing any Data

    • Any data changes made on the watch are reverted (E.g. completing a task on "Streaks")

    • iTunes doesn't recognise phone to run a backup.

    • iCloud backup fails due to lack of space

    Does anyone have any others to add to the list? Any actions that induced more bugs and issues (like me updating apps) that should be avoided? And does anyone have any communication from Apple that they recognise this problem and are working on a fix?

    UPDATE:

    • Face ID doesn't work in any apps (still works to unlock phone)

    • Clicking on notifications in the notification centre does nothing (even for the apps that can be opened)

    I submitted feedback about all these issues. I also said I'd like a response from them. Idk whether I'll get one or not, but I tried. I hate to be a Karen, but for expensive hardware, I would expect it to function on some degree. Everything is broken at the moment, and I don't find "Reset and restore everything" a reasonable response, especially when I can't back up my data.

    I'll update this post if I receive any information back.

    submitted by /u/SatanOwned
    [link] [comments]

    Stand hour bars not showing in the Apple’s fitness app since updated to iOS 14. My hours still count so I’m just curious if anyone else has the same problem. Might be a bug?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Is this something I should worry about? Every time I open Spotify, it shows thatmy camera is being used.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    [iOS 14 Discussion] What happened to Siri?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    Did anybody else notice that Something changed with Siri? I mosty used her for quick questions or to set reminders and she fails to set a date and time for my reminders. I don't know how to phrase things for her to set my reminders right. For example "remind me to buy some water tonight at 8pm" will just make her set a reminder with no date or time and the text "buy some water". Did you also notice weird behaviour like this? In iOS 13 she did everything right.

    submitted by /u/almstqbl
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.0.1 on iPhone 7. Possible bug. Swiping down from the Home Screen for spotlight search gives a blank page with no app suggestions or search box. Anyone else?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    [Feature] You can now opt in to try YouTube with picture-in-picture by going to youtube.com/new and clicking ‘try it out’ (Premium Users Only)

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    [Discussion] Why Didn't They Update iBooks/Podcasts with the Music UI?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Does Safari still feature tabs parallax animation in iOS 14?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I'm on iOS 14 and recently noticed the tabs view in Safari won't animate (parallax effect) when you move your phone anymore. Was this feature removed from the latest iOS version or is this a bug?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/sagalex
    [link] [comments]

    Password managers for ios, recommend me one pls

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    Preferably a free one. I've been looking into Nordpass quite a bit, but would love to hear any opinion. Tell me why you picked that one, I don't want leaked credentials or anything

    submitted by /u/Radarcall
    [link] [comments]

    App icons reset position in a non-linear curve when deleting a widget – impressive

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Does iOS have text to speech pdf/ebook readers that use Siri’s voice?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    MODS: This is a technical iOS-specific question, but this isn't a tech support question. I don't need help solving any problem. This is just a question about iOS.


    Does iOS have apps that read ebook files or PDFs or whatever out loud, using the built in Siri voice(s)?

    I understand there are lots of these apps with a bunch of third party voices, but they all charge money for the "good" voices that aren't even as good as the built in Siri voice(s).

    iOS has a built in Siri voice that can read documents in text to speech because there's an accessibility screen reader that uses the voice. It's very high quality. But that feature alone is not equivalent to a whole app.

    If these apps don't exist, is there a reason why nobody has made one? It seems like a lot of effort to build one of the best AI text to speech readers in history just to bury it as a very limited use accessibility feature...

    submitted by /u/Representative_Bus28
    [link] [comments]

    Understanding the Architecture of iOS Apps with VIPER

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    What is the difference between a Simulator and an Emulator?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    Swift Ios Development | Ios Development with Swift | Ios Swift

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    How long will IOS 12 be supported?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Hello ppl! I'd like to know if yall know how long IOS 12 will be supported by applications. I'm planning to buy an iPhone 5s to use as a secondary phone to use at school and everything, while i leave my primary at home for studies related stuff. Plus, my primary is too big to fit comfortably in a pocket, sooo :( And yeah, if anybody know or has an idea of how long it'll be supported by apps, i'd rlly appreciate it Oh, and by the way, no, the iphone se, the first one, sadly doesnt fit in my budget. I live in Brazil, and it's not as cheap here, even though it'd be a used phone :(

    submitted by /u/datboyoliveira
    [link] [comments]

    How to See the "Depth Maps" in Portrait Photos

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    YouTube 4K Back Again

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    YouTube seems to have 4K options again on iPhone and iPad. Regular 4K too, not just 4K. Seems to have returned with today's app update.

    submitted by /u/qpid360
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14 Bug- analog clock widget is one hour off (see time in toolbar at the top for the same time zone)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel