• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    Apple Help Most major Apple services (iCloud, FindMy, iTunes, Apple Music, Apple TV, etc.) appear to be down as of 8PM EST.

    Apple Help Most major Apple services (iCloud, FindMy, iTunes, Apple Music, Apple TV, etc.) appear to be down as of 8PM EST.


    Most major Apple services (iCloud, FindMy, iTunes, Apple Music, Apple TV, etc.) appear to be down as of 8PM EST.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    PSA: Multiple Apple services are down this evening.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    This guy needs some heIp with his keyboard!

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Screen Issues 2019 MacBook Pro - What is causing this? It’s brand spanking new... Catalina 10.15.6

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    apple ID not signing in

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    Anyone having issues signing into the Apple store? I have an apple ID already set but it wont let me in after I signed out. It keeps saying "fatal error has occured"

    submitted by /u/Welt-Young
    [link] [comments]

    (I have an iPhone 7) So with the iOS 14 update I can’t figure out how to use video without the volume randomly going up and down. I used my ukulele to demonstrate that. Can someone teach me fix the audio sounding like that in videos? Thank you!

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Charger cable issue

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    So when I got my iPhone I noticed a black line on the metal part of it and idk why but when I plug it in sometimes it doesn't connect right and keeps going on and off while charging till I switch the side do I need to get a new cable or clean it

    submitted by /u/4444gore
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up ECG on Watch in China

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Macbook Pro and HP USB-C dock G4

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    Hi,

    maybe someone has idea what is the problem? Macbook Pro 2017 model no touchbar, 2 thunderbolt ports. Bought used HP USB-C G4 dock (not thunderbolt). It was with not original cable, but usb 3.1 gen 1 (i guess 5gbit), also i have gen2 cable (10gbit) for my Lenovo P27h10 monitor. Problem is my Lenovo monitor works with both these cables and usb-c dock does not - no monitor is detected, just usb hub and lan/audio ports. Does not work with windows on bootcamp also. But this same dock works with some asus laptop that has usb-c, not thunderbolt port (this laptop does not support pd charging). I tried some Lenovo thunderbolt dock cable (do not know if it is active or passive) - dock does not work with this cable, but lenovo dock with same cable works on my laptop. So is this a cable or dock or port problem? Where to search for problem? Ordered thunderbolt3 cable but still waiting

    submitted by /u/matkvaid
    [link] [comments]

    I Think My SE1 Randomly Bricked Itself? I Need My Photos Back!

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    My iphone SE (1st gen) randomly shut off last night and won't come back on. I was using it as normal, and all of a sudden the screen went black and the phone was unresponsive. It had been at about 50% battery, but i put it back on the charger anyways. I tried a few different chargers and methods (wall outlet, laptop); but after a few hours the phone would still not power on. I tried forcing a reset, but the screen remains dark. The phone has not suffered any falls or spills, and it not externally damaged in any way. It was working perfectly in one moment and a brick the next.

    Is there anything I can do? I've often heard Apple say that if a phone won't power on, it's a lost cause; but nothing that I know of was wrong or could have caused this.

    I desperately need to recover my photos and contacts; however, I can't log into iTunes on my laptop without the phone available for the security code.

    All I really need is for it to turn back on for three minutes - in that time I could back up my photos and possibly my important contacts.

    Does anyone have any idea what could've happened? I plan to take it to the local Apple store soon, and an AT&T, BestBuy, or independent phone repairer if i have to.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/AirbornBiohazard
    [link] [comments]

    Time Capsule... dying?!

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    I have a Time Capsule (A1409) that has been working reliably for a handful of years. Running the latest available firmware for that model.

    In the last feel weeks it has been randomly kicking all devices off the network — wired and wireless. The status light stays green. If I unplug from the WAN, the light still stays green, indicating that it's frozen/crashed in some way that it can't even detect.

    I suppose it could be overheating. I have not yet disassembled it to see if the fan is running or to add some additional, DIY ventilation.

    When this doesn't happen, everything is nice and smooth. (Perhaps stating the obvious!)

    If I leave it unplugged for a decent length of time (until it feels cool), it'll usually operate normally for a while.

    I considered that I could somehow be overloading the network, but the max number of concurrent connections (again mix of wired and wireless) has been around 15 — well under the 25 limit I set in the DHCP range. Leases refresh every four hours. No guest network.

    There's an AirPort Express in the house too, to improve coverage in one area. I considered the possibility of overlapping signals freaking it out, but why only now? And if I leave the Express off the network, the problem can still happen.

    I'm on a static IP, so I think I can rule out a problem on the WAN side, such as IP's changing mid connection. Even then, I'd expect the internet access to drop, not to kick every device off the network and effectively freeze up the router.

    I have tried a hard reset of the router, but then I simply restored the existing settings. If this were some sort of malicious activity from someone nearby, I suppose I ought to change the SSID and passwords. (I have never spotted unknown devices on my network, but I can't say I've put a ton of effort into checking.)

    Of course, Apple decided to be super nice to us and trash all the logging options in AirPort Utility, so barring rolling my own in Terminal or something, I have no clue what might be leading up to these apparent crashes/failures.

    Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/waamatt
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal? I bought a new charging case for my iphone xr yesterday. Even if plugged in it says 0% loaded or jumps to 75-77 %. And yes, i tried turning it on and off again and taking it off.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    How to support elderly parents' iPad remotely

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Is there a way I can remotely take screen control of my parent's iPad if they need any kind of support with something?

    What's the easiest way to go about this? I just ordered an 8th gen iPad and will be setting it up before I ship it to them.

    submitted by /u/bdwf
    [link] [comments]

    need to find MAC address of ipad 10.5 pro

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    hi,

    I have a used iPad Pro 10.5 that is broken but I want to try to get it fixed. I need to get the MAC address of the wifi and LTE modem but the ipad will not boot. I also have the original box and I see the IMEI on the box, is there any other way I can get the MAC address?

    thanks,

    submitted by /u/No_cool_name
    [link] [comments]

    It’s showing Apple logo now for 7mins what should I do?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    Just got the new SE, and it prompted me to download the new iOS 14.0.1 while I was setting it up. I downloaded the update files and now it’s been stuck at “install now” for a while. The only thing I can do with it right now is lock and unlock.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    How to make safari search not show top hits

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    The title says it all. When I start typing and hit enter I don't want it to try and guess what I want and take me to a random site. I want google search results to pop up. I haven't found a setting to change this.

    submitted by /u/thejoeben
    [link] [comments]

    Another usual post about a lost Ipad password

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    I am not 100% sure it is the right sub but I hope it is.

    I changed my Ipad password a long time ago and I forgot it. (Yes I'm dumb I know) I didn't use it often and it happened. Now it is blocked

    Now before you would assume it is stolen or else, I am not trying to break back through it in an unorthodox way. I thought by simply linking it to my computer would help but my Itunes didn't detect it.

    The thing is I can't type anything anymore and computer wouldn't detect it. Is it time for me to roll over and die

    Now before reaching Apple, I was wondering if there was a last step I should've tried.

    I'm not really... resourcefull when it comes to computer. I did forget my new password. With a lot of tries I would have found it but Apple doesn't want people abusing spamming multiple passwords, which is my all-time favorite technic.

    Again I hope I am in the right place.

    Thank you very much

    Person forgetting password #246478328

    submitted by /u/Ordralphabetix
    [link] [comments]

    What does this mean? I share the network with a few people & this came out of nowhere

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Question about Apple Cash and Apple TV+

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I just recently received Apple Cash for a birthday present and wanted to subscribe to Apple TV+ for a year. But I wasn't sure how Apple would go about using my Apple Cash. Since I have my credit card on the account as well as Apple Cash, will they take the $50 from my Apple Cash card first? Or will I be charged on my credit card for the price of the subscription after the week trial.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/adamsfamily5
    [link] [comments]

    A user on r/GooglePixel says cpu is too fast compared to other iphone se hardware. They say, "And Apple fanboys, of course, still so proud about chip, yet has no idea about what's that for". So what is cpu used for exactly, and how is it helpful to you exactly?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    FaceTime Camera nor working

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    This issue started on Monday all of a sudden when my webcam stopped working on Zoom. I thought it was a Zoom specific issue so I didn't think twice about. Today I found out that is this problem persists across all sorts of software that uses the webcam. The green led remains on for a few seconds, which I presume, the system trying to turn on the camera and then, the led turns off.

    I am using the Macbook Pro 16" 2020 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4. I have tried any and all solutions that I found across the net that includes:

    1. Quitting and restarting
    2. Reinstalled all the softwares (eg Zoom and Teams)
    3. Reset the SMC and zapped the PRAM
    4. Tried different applications
    5. Tried using a different "Standard" and "Administrator" user.
    6. The System Info does detect the Camera. (Both under USB software and Camera)
    7. I ran Diagnostics with no issues
    8. I tried the First Aid option from Disk Utility and that did not solve the issue either
    9. Tried doing a fresh installation of macOS Catalina
    10. Ran the commands $ sudo killall VDCAssistant (that killed the process) and $ sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant (that gives me No matching processes were found)
    • Also, takes a couple of tries of $ sudo killall VDCAssistantto get the No matching processes were found return message. I have no apps open which use the camera, so I am not sure why this happens.
    • sudo killall VDCAssistant does nothing except, for example, in PhotoBooth change from a completely black screen to a black screen with the "There is no connected camera." message for like a split second and then going black again.

    I have also tried running

    $ sudo launchctl load -w /S*/L*/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.cmio.AppleCameraAssistant.plist 

    and

    sudo launchctl load -w /S*/L*/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.cmio.VDCAssistant.plist 

    and am told that both services are already loaded.

    I have literally spent hours trying to find a fix and at this point, I think the only thing that is remaining is to do a factory reset. I have an exam tomorrow that uses Zoom for invigilation and I am stressed. My laptop was fine in macOS 10.15.6 but I think the issue cropped up after it updated to 10.15.7. Does anyone have any idea about this first world problem?

    submitted by /u/cyber_goddess
    [link] [comments]

    What’s that?? Someone spilled water on their MacBook??

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Hear hear, it's me and the fourth MacBook I've spilled water on. You'd wonder if I'd learn my lesson? No. Even after I destroyed the last three? No. For some reason I only drop my water bottles ON my laptops and never anywhere else at any other time.

    ANYWAY, spilled a water on my year old 13 inch MacBook Pro, right in the crease of the MacBook, no vents there like there used to be but I assume any water could get in. Shut it off immediately and turned it upside down, it became pretty dry quickly. It did of course turn back on when I put my hand by the turn on switch but was able to turn it off quickly.

    My main thing is: I'm gonna keep it turned off and upside down for a few days to dry out, some people do recommend opening it up and drying it out that way but it voids warranty. I have applecare+ (my dad was like "you better get it this time or don't bother getting a MacBook" and he was right) so does opening up my MacBook void that in anyway? I do plan on bringing it to Apple to check for any damage just in case.

    submitted by /u/pumpkinspacelatte
    [link] [comments]

    6th Gen iPod touch + iTunes + Windows 10 - no longer working

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    I plugged in my iPod (MKJ02LL/A) tonight for the first time in a while and was getting a 0xE80000a error and couldn't get past it. I reset the iPod, removed/reinstalled iTunes and verified Windows is the latest version. iTunes is 12.10.9.3 64-bit. The iPod is running iOS 12.4.8.

    Now, Windows sees the iPod under Devices and the iPod prompts to trust the computer but iTunes shows nothing under File > Devices and seems unable to detect its even plugged in. I've tried two different cables as well.

    Edit: I'm plugging directly into the PC and not using a hub either.

    submitted by /u/_Mayhem_
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble with Air Pods on Windows 10

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    I have an HP Envy running Windows 10. I have tried hooking my Apple Air Pods up with my laptop. For the most part it works. However, every few minutes(anywhere from 4-12) the sound will drop out. Sometimes, if I pause the video and restart it after a few seconds, it will come back. Obviously this is very annoying. To be clear, the Air Pods are not being disconnected, the audio just seems to go out. Sometime the only way to fix the problem is to disconnect the Air Pods and reconnect them. Any thoughts on a fix?

    submitted by /u/1346718
    [link] [comments]

    Can i ask if this earpods and lightning is adapter are genuine?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel