• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    Apple TV The many inconsistent faces of the Apple TV remote.

    Apple TV The many inconsistent faces of the Apple TV remote.


    The many inconsistent faces of the Apple TV remote.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    Rainway Streaming Launches on Apple TV (premiere cross-platform game streaming service that lets gamers play their favorite PC games on your Apple TV)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    The Stunt Double: A Short Film Shot by Damien Chazelle on his iPhone 11 Pro (Watch it inside)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    Hard reset in an attempt to downgrade from beta to current public failed. Apple TV HD (A1652) caught in an inescapable update/start up loop. 'Perfect storm' of factors means my ATV is effectively bricked? *MAY BE A CHALLENGE*

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    UPDATE: solved! The Apple TV needs to placed in DFU mode by holding down menu and home until the status indicator light fast flashes, and then hold down menu and play/pause to place the unit into DFU mode. I was then able to update the Apple TV using Apple Configurator (free from Apple on the Mac App Store.)

    See u/Cha7lie's comment below 🤩

    —-

    Last night, for reasons, I attempted a hard reset of my Apple TV HD (A1652) via its on-screen menu.

    FYI I chose plain old reset, not reset and update. I had just turned off beta updates in an attempt to downgrade back to the public release. Which may be the root of the problem.

    WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW

    Ever since that reset attempt, it's been caught in the same loop of flashing the Apple logo on screen briefly, then flicking to blank, then showing the logo briefly again, then flick to blank. Loop loop loop.

    I'm not convinced the reset process completed successfully, and what I'm seeing is the part of the update process in which the relevant tvOS is downloaded from the server but because it was running the beta of tvOS 14, it's looking for the "factory reset" version of tvOS 14, which isn't there because it doesn't yet exist.

    The status indicator is slow flashing. By holding the menu and home keys on the remote, I can get the light to rapid flash, but it doesn't make any difference to the loop.

    APPLE SUPPORT CALL

    Just got off the phone with Apple support, and their only solution was to get it plugged into a Mac – and it is, it's just not coming up as an available device (I'd wager because of the step of the start up or update loop it's caught on being a very early one).

    The rep suggested it might be because of the tvOS beta and I'm only running Catalina not Big Sur, but I know that to be patently incorrect because it came up as a device last night prior to trying the reset.

    WHY DIDN'T YOU RESTORE VIA FINDER THEN?

    When I tried, it returned an error message about not being able to connect with the update server. I'm guessing that's still what's happening on the backend of the Apple TV now, just without an outward facing message.

    A quick Google uncovered advice to change the DNS settings on the Apple TV to fix that, but I did do and it didn't. I wouldn't think the DNS settings would be a factor now as they attempt to restore factory settings surely would have cleared them – right?

    BRICKED?

    So I bricked my Apple TV. I think it's looking to download tvOS 14 from the update server, not finding it, so restarting – only to repeat the same.

    I feel like I've approached this from all the 'low hanging fruit' aspects, so I would love to hear a way I could solve this – because Apple's legit suggestion was to wait until the fall, when tvOS 14 is pushed out to the public because then that "factory reset" version of tvOS 14 will be available, so presumably in the process it's currently stuck on it would then find the tvOS it's looking for, update and be on its way. Never mind the several months of useless Apple TV until then.

    To surmise:

    - My Apple TV caught in an update or hard reset loop, suspect in which it is attempting to download a "factory reset" version of tvOS that is not available on the update server.

    - Because of the incomplete update process, the Apple TV is not being recognized as an available device by my Mac – which renders other solutions moot as they can't be attempted.

    Can the update server be faked or spoofed somehow? Can I trick the Apple TV into downloading what it thinks it's looking for, through some magic method that doesn't need to make any change to the default Apple TV settings because it's looking like I'll not be able to affect them in any way.

    Any help would be appreciated because I do love the little shit lol.

    submitted by /u/gingerbreadxx
    [link] [comments]

    What’s some cyberflix alternatives for Apple TV?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Question about AD-HOC peer-to-peer connection without Wifi

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    I've made this work a few times without wifi but just wondering whether the AirPlay Mirroring is done by Bluetooth or Wifi. It's working great with my ATV Gen3 which I use a lot for remote client presentations on their HDMI equipped TV. Lastly, if it's done by Bluetooth, I'm wondering if there is less lag mirroring my iPhone's screen with the ATV 4K which is capable of Bluetooth 5.0 in it's specs, that apparently has 2x the bandwidth compared to BT 4.0 in ATV Gen4 & Gen3.

    submitted by /u/f13dfx
    [link] [comments]

    2nd AppleTV 4K stutters when streaming, and TV doesn't Recognize it as an Input

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    Hi guys, basically had one AppleTV working like a charm in my theater room connected to my receiver/projector.

    Bought another one for the living room to go on my Samsung Smart TV, which has ran a Roku 4 for years without a problem.

    The one connected to the living room stutters during streaming content, although I have a 300/300 connection, and no problems anywhere else. Also, almost every day, when the AppleTV is turned on, the TV doesn't see it as an input. I have to turn the AppleTV off, then on again for the TV to see it.

    Are these problem anyone else has had?

    submitted by /u/sarasotatim
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV+ still able to sign up?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    I bought an iPhone back in February, never signed up for the free Apple TV+. Last week a coworker got his new iPhone and asked me if i had activated cause he was still able to. When i open the Apple TV up nowhere it shows enjoy a free year... any idea?

    submitted by /u/DariosaurusRex
    [link] [comments]

    Any TVs with tvOs beyond Apple TV app?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Are there any TVs feature Apple's tvOs as native instead of an Apple TV app?

    submitted by /u/d00mt0mb
    [link] [comments]

    Is it somehow possible to use the TV speaker WITH an Bluetooth Speaker?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Wondering if I could create sort of an multi-speaker setup, since my TV has a built in soundbar.

    submitted by /u/concept8
    [link] [comments]

    CHANNELS DELIVERING TO APPLE TV

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    What vendors are channels :

    PBS Living, CBS All Access, Epix, Showtime, Starz, Acorn TV, BET+, britbox, Cinemax, Comedy Central Now, CuriosityStream, erosnow, Hallmark Now, History Vault, IFC Films, Lifetime Movie Club, MTV Hits, Mubi, nick hits, noggin, pantaya, Shudder, Smithsonian Plus, Sundance Now, Tastemade, UMC, AMC

    Using to deliver to APPLE TV

    submitted by /u/GiveMeTragedy22
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 14.0 public beta 18J5354d - Still hot garbage :(

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    I didn't even realize I was in the public beta because they make it so easy in the settings, but 14.0 has been a disaster to the point it's completely unusable. It's screwing with HDMI that keeps randomly and frequently blacking out the screen in menus, during playback, throwing up HDCP errors.

    It's not my cable, I've tried switching it out with multiple high quality versions. Chatted with escalated support over the phone.

    I was really hoping today's beta release would address it but it's just as bad. :/

    You can't revert back to 13, so I'm screwed for now. Anyone seeing this?

    EDIT: I'm using Apple TV 4K

    submitted by /u/cactus22minus1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel