• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020

    Apple TV Audio constantly cuts out for 1 second. High speed hdmi cable with 4K HDR compatibility with my tv. Any way to fix?

    Apple TV Audio constantly cuts out for 1 second. High speed hdmi cable with 4K HDR compatibility with my tv. Any way to fix?


    Audio constantly cuts out for 1 second. High speed hdmi cable with 4K HDR compatibility with my tv. Any way to fix?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Apple: Please fix the 24.000 hz issue

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    Apple TV 4K does not properly support 24.000 frames per second 4K content when the "frame-rate match" feature is used. Instead the Apple TV converts this material to 23.976 FPS before output to the connected display device. This results in a small (but quite noticeable) "stutter" or "skip" in the video playback of the media stream. It's rather annoying to those who are sensitive to this kind of thing, as well as those with large displays where the errors are more noticeable. Increasing amounts of content are being authored for North American audiences in 24.000 FPS instead of 23.976 FPS. Netflix has a large number of premium titles authored in 24.000 FPS such as "The Irishman", "The Witcher" and many others. Apple, please provide this simple software fix. If a connected display supports 24.000 FPS and the content is native 24.000 FPS please output 24.000 FPS to the connected television.

    Subscribe our petition:

    https://www.change.org/p/apple-apple-please-fully-support-the-24-000-fps-frame-rate-on-the-apple-tv-4k

    submitted by /u/JoeTechnical
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay doesn’t work and and just flashes on and off when enabled

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    I've tried connecting my Apple TV 4K to Ethernet, enabling 5ghz, but I can never get it to work. When I enable airplay it just flashes on and off constantly. Some info:

    Router: Netgear r6400v2 Modem: Surfboard SB6183 I have Xfinity Blast 300 Mbps/10 Mbps

    I've tried streaming off of sites like Aniwatch.me and Twist.moe but they never work. If I download the video it works so I'm wondering if it's a problem with my connection. Any help would be appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/ShootingGlocks
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with the Volume via IR/HDMI

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    My TV has HDMI CEC support, I don't think that's the problem. I want the volume thing to be via HDMI but it's via IR. Is there a way one could possibly change this, because I want to be able to use volume buttons my phone but it's stuck on IR and therefore makes it impossible to change volume from just my phone. My TV is a FFALCON UF1 series, if that's any help. I'm quite stumped on this, I really hope there's a way this is possible. I've done countless google searches, checked through many pages of apple support and can't find anything. The volume buttons work from the Siri remote, but not through the apple tv remote app which is what I'm using. The turning off and on and switching inputs by turning Apple TV on works fine, I just can't get the volume to change to 'via HDMI' instead of 'via IR'. I've looked everywhere so I'm asking reddit for help. I feel the only way I can find a true answer is by getting advice from someone who has experienced the same thing or something similar. If this doesn't work I'll turn to contacting apple support, or just deal with using the siri remote to change volume.

    submitted by /u/bowieeltonmercury
    [link] [comments]

    You guys game on this? Worth getting a controller?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    I have two Apple TV's (gen 4).

    Worth getting a controller to play some light games?

    submitted by /u/Jumbo86
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with TV app playing episodes

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    Wondering if anyone has come across this issue recently.

    I've been watching Always Sunny on Amazon – last week I was able to play episodes using the TV app on the ATV. This week however, when I select Always Sunny in the TV app I get an option to "Buy" or "Open In" – meaning I have to select "open in" and choose Amazon. Amazon app then opens and I have to find the episode and play it.

    If I try to play the Simpsons (Disney) through the TV app it plays directly after choosing the episode, without having to hit "open in".

    Does anyone know why the default behaviour might have changed and how I could change it back?

    submitted by /u/daniel-ziegler
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Atmos on Netflix Problems

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    I have a Dolby Atmos setup with my AppleTV 4K. Works perfectly using Hulu, Disney+, ESPN, etc… but 95% of the time Netflix does not have audio for the voice track. The surround speakers are working and sending out audio, but whenever anyone is speaking they are inaudible. If I change my audio settings to "Change Format and choose 5.1 in the Apple TV settings the voice track will come through on Netflix.

    Anyone else having this problem or no a fix?

    submitted by /u/andconick
    [link] [comments]

    Haunted House. Apple TV 4K audio delayed 9 minutes only on Apple+

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Apple TV runs through Yamaha RX-A 1050. It's all beautiful. EXCEPT and this is only on Apple TV+ content. Audio is delayed 9 minutes after Apple TV Original video content has been playing. Happily audio shows up to the party a little late. Missed the pizza

    So seriously and thanks for reading my ramble. I have tried the reset calibration where speakers play various frequencies and it helps sync everything but not Apple TV+.

    This has stumped Apple tech, Apple community so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/chrjenjulluk
    [link] [comments]

    Something odd happened with my Apple TV remote

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    Last night, my Apple TV remote stopped working. The only thing I could do on it was to hold down the home and menu buttons together to get the Apple TV to reboot. I used the remote app on my phone to delete the remote and repaired. Still no go. Did this a half dozen times.

    I then took it down to my basement and plugged into my iPhone charger to see if battery life was an issue. The whole time my wife and I are watching TV I get a pop up in the upper right corner that my remote is connected, and then that it's disconnected. Repeatedly.

    I waited an hour, brought it upstairs, paired it again. Still no go. Rebooted the Apple TV twice. Nothing.

    Unplugged the Apple TV. Waited one minute and plugged it back in. Still nothing.

    At this point I think I need to do some kind of reboot or reset of the Apple remote. So, I take the Moko case I bought off the remote to look for some kind of pinhole I can put a paperclip in, and as soon as I take the case off, the remote pairs and works.

    I put the case back on, and it continues to work. And today it's still working.

    I do not understand what happened here. But that's my tip. If your Apple TV remote is giving you problems, take the case off and put it back on.

    submitted by /u/plazman30
    [link] [comments]

    Can I change the sound path when screen mirroring to Apple TV?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    Can I change the sound path when screen mirroring to Apple TV?

    Hi,

    I want to change the sound path when screen mirroring to an Apple TV so that I can have a bluetooth box play the sound.

    Here's the signal path:

    Ipad -> Apple TV -> HDMI cable with VGA adapter -> projector

    (I can't change the vga adapter.)

    Any solutions?

    submitted by /u/--eddie--
    [link] [comments]

    can't use my voice to search

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    I remember about a year ago I was able to say something on an app like Hulu when searching and it would use my voice to search. now that I got another remote I can't do that is there any fix

    submitted by /u/shannonchambers
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV up next sync issues

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    This will probably only be relevant in the U.K.

    Has anyone else had issues with BBC iPlayer up next syncing correctly between devices. AppleTV will update instantly and show 'up next' for BBC iPlayer but it doesn't update on my iPad. I've tried deleting and adding again to connected apps but that doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/OrigReckit
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to assign "What did he/she/they say?" to a key?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    I use this feature more than I thought I would. It would be nice to activate it with say a double tap of the touchpad.

    submitted by /u/plazman30
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel