• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020

    Apple Macbook apps or settings to recommend

    Apple Macbook apps or settings to recommend


    apps or settings to recommend

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    apps or setting to recommend?

    hello guys, i will buy a macbook in the near future. which programs are a must have? what will be the first steps i should take. any tips? Thank u

    submitted by /u/fao_
    [link] [comments]

    Has the distance between the USB C ports changed on the newest MBP model?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I am interested in buying a used USB-C converter hub from someone, but neither the seller or I know if it's compatible with the 2020 MBP 13inch with 4 thunderbolt ports (Model A2215). The converter has 2 USB C male connectors, so I'm worried that they might not be the right distance apart for my laptop.

    The listing for the item from the original website says: "Our USB C Hub adapter is built specifically for the Apple MacBook Pro 2016/2017/2018 13 inch and 15 inch models using the highest quality materials with the highest quality standards."

    Will this work for my MBP?

    submitted by /u/big-vag-energy
    [link] [comments]

    Is any wireless mouse compatible with 2020 MBP

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    I am just curious, not looking for the best mouse just wondering if any wireless keyboard or mouse will work with my new macbook.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/koxar
    [link] [comments]

    Freeing up local disk space

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Do I seriously need 21gb of space to do the supplemental 10.15.6 update?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    I keep getting a message saying I need 21gb. I only have 12 free right now. I'm on an 128gb Mac and already moved everything I can to an external SSD. Is this like.. an error? My updates a few years back were never this huge. Apple seriously needs to get their OSx bloat under control... unless it's one of their ways to nudge older users to upgrade laptops.

    submitted by /u/lpxMd
    [link] [comments]

    Apple...why???

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    Why can I not adjust the volume with my MacBook when attached to a TV over HDMI? Really...why not? It is EXTREMELY inconvenient especially when Ubuntu and Windows work just fine in this situation. MacOS...nope. Volume controls are disabled when hooked up to a TV. Why? I just want to understand why so I can settle and accept. Why Apple? Why?

    I AM NOT looking for tech support as I KNOW there is no solution. I just wish to understand.

    submitted by /u/immersive-matthew
    [link] [comments]

    Minecraft on a base MBA 2020

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    is it possible to play minecraft on a base mba 2020 without damaging it internally?

    submitted by /u/bedroum
    [link] [comments]

    The last intel Macbook Pro 13 inch

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    I'm using a Macbook Pro from 2013 and find it's time for me to upgrade now. Has it been confirmed if the current Macbook Pro 13 inch from 2020 with intel processors will be the last intel one? I'm aiming at buying the last intel rather then the first ARM.

    submitted by /u/anomalias
    [link] [comments]

    Tried installing via cmd + r , option + cmd + r, control + cmd + r, reset smc, via bootstick etc. nothing works always the same Error. I can’t install Catalina either directly or per update. The only thing I can do is to install Mojave but there I can’t update...Any suggestions?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    Problems with Migration Assistant

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've just got a new 16" MacBook Pro, and I'm trying to migrate from my old Lenovo, which has windows 10.

    I had issues installing the migration assistant software on the Lenovo, but got past that. I can elaborate if needed.

    Now, My MacBook has been stuck on the "Transferring your information" page for a while now - it says "about 2 hours and 57 minutes remaining at 7 MB/s".

    The progress bar also has not changed.

    Are there any suggestions for this? Should I cancel and try again?

    submitted by /u/kmgibb37
    [link] [comments]

    Error reinstalling macOS?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    I'm currently having an issue where I cannot install macOS. For some background info, I was trying to do a factory reset so I erased and deleted the AFPS volume for Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD - Data, leaving the Base Install image alone. I restarted, booted back into recovery, and created a new volume called Macintosh HD as AFPS. I went to reinstall macOS, chose the drive, and right at the end it said there was an error installing macos, and to try again. I've repeated the steps 3 times to no avail, so is there something Im missing or ways to get around this? I used to reformat my Windows PC all the time, but I know macOS is different and Im just not experienced with it to figure it out myself. Thanks!

    Im doing this on a Macbook Pro 16" 2019, and it is the only Mac device I have so I can't really create a bootable image, though I shouldnt have to because the recovery image is intact.

    submitted by /u/SwiftLeo
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook overheating

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    So I want to know if this was a known issue. When I connect my MacBook to my display it gets super hot and the fans start getting loud. Has anyone experienced this and is there a way to fix it? I've tried using it with the screen closed and opened, neither makes a difference.

    I have a 2019 MacBook pro 15"

    submitted by /u/agu_agu
    [link] [comments]

    Will using a case cover on the MacBook Air (2020) cause it to thermal throttle...?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    Just as the title implies, I am wondering if using a cover/case on the MacBook air will cause it to overheat after extended use - or make it more susceptible to thermal throttling.

    submitted by /u/StahpitDude
    [link] [comments]

    Offload storage to icloud question...

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to figure out how I can offload my icloud to the actual cloud instead of having every single file available on my computer. I remember there used to be a feature that you would only keep the most recently accessed files available in local memory but after some time of no use they would offload from physical storage to cloud storage. I can't find that now and currently my icloud is taking up about 58GB of data. I frequently pull down most used files to my laptop but they're small. I have a 3d print library that's pushing 30 gigs that I just don't need on my macbooks physical drive (I do pull files down as needed from that folder I just don't need the whole thing). I optd for the smaller storage solution since I figured I could store the majority of my files on icloud.

    I'm hoping in the near future to switch from icloud to a NAS in my apartment but for now I need to use it and figure out how to fix it.

    submitted by /u/diabolicbutterfly
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 16 to Dual Monitors in Clamshell Mode

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    What would be the best way to output to dual monitors while in Clamshell mode with a MBP16? The screens are HDMI. Amphetamine + 2 USB-C to HDMI cables?

    submitted by /u/GoingMachFive
    [link] [comments]

    IPad Pro our MacBook Air (using it for school a lot and also as a normal everyday thing)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    So my birthday is coming up so my parents said I could either do IPad Pro or MacBook Air for school and also as a normal everyday device. I've done some research, and I think the MacBook would be better for school, but I would use the IPad way more. What are y'all's opinion?

    submitted by /u/Mik333e
    [link] [comments]

    Usb C Hub recomendations

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Hello, i want to buy a usb-c hub for my MacBook Pro 2020 and I found this one, it has 2x3.0 USB ports, 1×USB Type-C (Thunderbolt 3), 1xHDMI, 1xSD reader and 1xmicroSD reader. Does someone know something about this brand? I know Anker is good but is very expensive here in Argentina.

    submitted by /u/santosbogo
    [link] [comments]

    Yet another post asking for Mac buying advice

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Advanced time machine question related to encryption

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    TurnTime Machine off. Open Disk Utility and selected the drive you want to back up to, and go to the erase tab. Click on the drop down menu and select "Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted)", enter the password you want and continue.

    That's what I did. After that I go to Time Machine > Select Disk then I choose an available disk.

    Before I click use disk, should I choose Encrypt backups or not?

    Since the disk is already encrypted, it must be okay to not choose Encrypt backups, right? I think this might be faster.

    Out of curiosity, I tried that but then it asks for disk password to turn off encryption. It mentions the word turn off. Does that mean the backup will not be secure even though the disk is encrypted if I don't choose Encrypt backups?

    OS is 10.14.5

    submitted by /u/FrostyTelephone0
    [link] [comments]

    2020 13" vs 2019 16" (heat and battery)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    10th gen i5 13" (16gb ram and 512gb) vs base 16"

    I've seen threads on this but am stuck between the two because of battery life and heat. Although 16" is advertised as having a longer battery life than 13" I see a lot of people here complaining about the 16" battery life (even though their situation usually makes sense seeing how many programs theyre running). I also see problems about heat in the 16" which didn't make sense as it seemed like 16" had an extra fan and better thermal regulation according to youtube reviews?

    I'm a grad student so some days ill be in class 8am-4pm. Price and portability of 16" isn't an issue as Ive used a 15" my whole life and appreciate the bigger screen.

    Usage: mainly use it for school so I usually have a video playing of lecture/supplemental with notes app open, and then youtube video playing music. i usually have ~5-10 chrome tabs open at a time, no more than that.

    submitted by /u/notAllSpoonsRtheSame
    [link] [comments]

    100 GB of backup takes 12 hours!! WTF?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    External disk normally has a transfer speed of like 110 MB per second. It's a little less when its encrypted.

    Disk is mac os extended, case sensitive, journaled, encrypted.

    Time machine setting for the disk: encrypt backups checkbox is checked.

    This is too fucking slow. Is this normal?

    I can use another random backup software to create an disk back up AND upload it to cloud in less than half of the time Time Machine requires.

    submitted by /u/FrostyTelephone0
    [link] [comments]

    USB C Hub for Macbook Air without keyboard connectivity issues

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I had purchased 3 USB C hub from Amazon. The first one I had to return it since there was no passthrough charging. The last 2 ones I bought:

    1) 7 in 1 USB C Hub Adapter for MacBook Pro 2019/2018/2017, MacBook Air 2018/2019 and More with 4K HDMI,3 USB 3.0 Ports, 100W Power Delivery and SD Micro SD Card Reader

    2) https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07QXMNF1X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    had connectivity issues with the keyboard (Logitech K360 with USB 3.0) When I tried to plug the keyboard USB 3.0 on a USB c to USB 3.0 adapter, it works perfectly. It's only through the hub that it does not work well.

    Does anyone have any recommendations? I feel the HUB is the issue but might be the keyboard compatibility?

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/ilovecostco29
    [link] [comments]

    MBA Bluestack

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Hi, I am using Bluestack to use mobile device based apps and games. Especially during games MBA gets hotter and making some fan noises. Sometimes all screen gets freeze and the only thing I can do is pressing the power button. Any idea to improve/boost my MBA ( I mean extra settings to reduce the effects of Bluestack)?

    submitted by /u/Orkhan_Hasanli
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming 4k 60fps video in Macbook Air - How is your experience ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    I am planning to buy Macbook Air for personal use. Mostly for browsing, watching youtube netflix etc.. by connecting to a 4k monitor(will use monitor most of my time)

    Now I am wondering will it able to handle 4k 60fps youtube videos flawlessly. I might not stream 4k everyday but occasionally.

    Macbook Air Spec I'm targetting:

    1.1 Ghz intel i5 10th generation (quad core)

    8 gb ram

    512gb SSD

    Unfortunately I can't upgrde to 16 gb ram in my country.

    submitted by /u/neutralCop44
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel