• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020

    Apple iOS The screenshot feature when using FaceTime is incredible

    Apple iOS The screenshot feature when using FaceTime is incredible


    The screenshot feature when using FaceTime is incredible

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    My wife and I are in an area with limited cell service right now without our 1.5yo kiddo. We FaceTime with him every morning, and the FaceTime stream is super pixelated and blurry.

    But whenever we screenshot a cute moment, the photo is saved as a super HD Live Photo.

    Truly this is incredible and so special for us! How does it work? Does it take the photo on the other person's side and secretly transmit it by iMessage or something? I don't understand how it can be so high definition!

    submitted by /u/jsally17
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else think that the text editing touch controls are much worse than they used to be?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    It seems like I never know what menu is going to pop up when I tap a word when typing. Try misspelling a word and then trying to tap it. If you haven't typed anything past that misspelled word you only get the "select, select all..." menu. You can't get the correct spelling option until you type another word. It makes no sense. If I'm using dictation and I get the blue underlined words or phrases, I have no idea how to tap them to get the alternate words or phrases options. Usually I get the "select, select all..." options. I just keep tapping until it works. I have no idea what triggers it. There are probably more frustrations that I can't think of right now.

    Years ago i never used to have these problems. Maybe I'm just getting old, IDK.

    Edit: also, I really miss the magnifying glass.

    submitted by /u/Gayrub
    [link] [comments]

    That tiny window that comes up when I leave a streaming app while playing it’s video should be able to be locked into more places

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    News App Recommendation

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good news app. The main feature that I'm looking for is one that will allow me to filter out news subjects that don't interest me?

    I was previously using Google News for a while, and it seems like even though I click "fewer stories like this" that it doesn't really do much. For example, take a story about the Royal Family, if I were to select to see fewer stories like that, it's likely that I will see it pop up again from a different news source. So, that subject matter isn't really blocked or filtered out.

    Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to set up a filter of sorts to keep those sorts of things out of my daily news?

    submitted by /u/-SilverShamrocks-
    [link] [comments]

    It takes 40 days for 30 days?!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    [Request] Anyway to export Memoji 3D Geometry for custom bobblehead?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Not much to add, thought of making a fun custom present for a friend, and would like to use the memoji face.

    submitted by /u/ziks_a
    [link] [comments]

    Messages unloading.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    I have images that I sent from my phone, and that others have sent me from when I texted that person, to now that just unloaded. I have to tap to download them all, doesn't matter if I sent it or they sent it. It just seems like it unloaded the pictures from my phone.

    submitted by /u/Mrsmayhems
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Translator's iOS App's Share Diagnostics Setting Seems to Rebound Secretly

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    What is this feature that moves my icons around based on the viewing angle called? Is there a way to disable it?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    iOS video editing apps with Live Photos support?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    I mostly do my iPhone video editing via iMovie, which is ok, but when I stumbled on Quik (GoPro) I noticed it had support for Live Photos. So instead of having a still picture, you can have a small video, which I like.

    Do you know of other iOS video editing apps that support this?

    submitted by /u/bino_navise
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox Game Pass is not launching on ios devices

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Recommended video player that supports Picture in Picture. Anything that plays .MKV format files would be great! SS: pleasantly surprised that twitch has Picture in Picture function

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    Recommendations: Self-curated newsreader apps with full-text

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! So, I've recently started testing more newsreader apps to collect interesting stories in one place, without having to go to a plethora of different sites. I ultimately landed on Feedly, mainly because I liked the UI and the way searching and filtering works. However, it seems to me that recently fewer and fewer articles are actually available to read in the app. When I started using it, I would say that articles only showing a tiny preview and then forcing you to "Visit Website" were in the minority. Now it feels like that's the case for over 90% of all the content I've subscribed to, which I personally find annoying and defeating the purpose.

    What I'm looking for is a (self-curated) newsreader app for iPad that will allow me to read at least the majority of articles directly inside the app, optimized for my screen and without (major) ads, privacy pop-ups, etc. I'd be happy to make a paid subscription to have that. But so far I can't find anything that gives me both full control over the type of content I want to read (e.g. Flipboard is too curated for my needs) and the ability to display full-text articles inside of the app itself.

    Would really appreciate any recommendations any of you may have that fit that bill!

    submitted by /u/FunkyDemagogue
    [link] [comments]

    Apps to track goals

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    Hey there, im looking for an App that could let me track my goals (currently is to pass 30 days without non essence expenses ) so i need something where i can check day after day until Reach the objective...

    submitted by /u/osorno06
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14 Haptic touch

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    I have found out that Haptic touch is not working on lockscreen with notification on iOS 13 on some devices like iPhone SE. Is that still the case with new iOS 14, or was it "fixed"? Can someone confirm?

    submitted by /u/jandorn
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music: Will liking or disliking songs on a radio station have an affect on the type of music that station plays?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    Trying to improve a radio station by liking and disliking songs in apple music. Will that work or are the like/dislike buttons just for letting apple know my general preferences?

    submitted by /u/william_sr
    [link] [comments]

    Walkie Talkie Style App for Monitoring Baby

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    We have an 11 month old and are visiting my in-laws. We also have a couple of old spare iPhones.

    I want to use the two iPhones as a baby monitor. Video or audio. I think an open FaceTime connection would be too resource heavy but is possible. Would prefer Bluetooth or something else because signal is mediocre here. WiFi is okay.

    Does anyone know of an app I could put on both phones and keep an audio monitor for the baby?

    submitted by /u/drewsellers
    [link] [comments]

    Is this best practice/good UX?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Is it good UX to ask a question to the user when launching your app for the first time (for user profiling) instead of a sign in/up screen?

    submitted by /u/KeiroMidori
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel