• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 23, 2020

    macOS The battery icon has been redesigned (Beta 3)

    macOS The battery icon has been redesigned (Beta 3)


    The battery icon has been redesigned (Beta 3)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Meme

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    For those who lost their shit regarding the battery icon in Big Sur. It’s been fixed.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Useless fact: You can screen record the update loading screen on Macs with Touch Bar

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    Any Spotify Menu Bar Control Apps?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    I've done some surfing on the web for Spotify control menu apps. From all the ones I've seen, they are not supported anymore. Does anyone have any recommendations? The native Spotify desktop app is neither great nor bad, it's just that it's annoying to open up an entire window just to switch over to the next song.

    submitted by /u/Prozamicyclin
    [link] [comments]

    If you ever feel bored

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    If you ever feel bored just remember that you can make ascii art using the macOS terminal. Just type: banner (your text)

    submitted by /u/ZiPJAR
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find this wallpaper?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm an indie game developer, I've published a platform game on itch.io, if you could try it I would be grateful, any tip or feedback is really very appreciated, please rate it, thank you very much!!! Link for download in comments

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:24 AM PDT

    Is it possible to sync these avatars? I can change one for the Apple ID but can't find where I can change image for the Music.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    I’m trying to install the Big Sur beta but it’s been stuck here for quite some time.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Is clean my mac X actually good?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    I hear mixed things, honestly i just wan an app that properly gets rid of useless files and uninstalls apps properly

    submitted by /u/JoseBasrio
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone tell me how to find out what apps are using my USB drive?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    Can someone point me to a sub if this sub isn't the right one for a question like this?

    So I put in my SanDisk iExpand drive. It's basically a USB drive that can be accessed thru an app on your iPhone. I use it to transfer files.

    I go to eject the drive and it won't eject. I've had trouble with other drives, including SD card in my MBP running Catalina.

    It just has a bunch of pic on it and I closed all the apps.

    Now I have to shutdown the system in order to remove it and I'd like to know why I can't get a USB drive to eject even after closing all the apps that was using it.

    submitted by /u/KarlJay001
    [link] [comments]

    I’m finally happy with my trying to make snow leopard look as much like big Sur as possible project, if you have any other suggestions please tell me

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Mac OS X Debloater?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    Is there a script to slim down mac os x? I know for Windows 10 there are scripts like 'https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater' . I was just wondering if there was anything like that to turn off spotlight and more from the cli.

    submitted by /u/avc123wtf
    [link] [comments]

    Where to learn MacOS fast?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    I'm a lifetime Windows user, zero experience with Macs. I've just started a new job where Macs are used in the office (not been given a personal mac), where would be the best place to learn the basics of navigating Macs without actually buying one? Are there any particularly good Youtube channels etc? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MayoDwarff
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with fresh install without access to another Mac

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    I'm trying to help my sister install fresh copy of Mac OS on a iMac because her son had installed Windows on it and it won't boot into the Mac OS anymore.

    I've managed to get to the disk utility and format the drive and remove the boot camp partition. I am struggling to find a working DMG file for macos to build a bootable USB. I don't have access to a Mac with the app store. I've tried a few DMG files from websites but they either don't boot at all or they have an error saying they are damaged.

    Is there a way to get an official Apple DMG file for the latest Mac OS to get this computer up and running again?

    submitted by /u/ickyzombie
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting files for more space and found some that idk what to do with

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    Deleting files for more space and found some that idk what to do with

    im deleting some files on my macbook air (catalina 10.15.6) and i found these "bundle" files that take up some space but idk if they are system files or not. can someone tell me if they are required for my computer to run?

    https://preview.redd.it/q8p0s5bl6ic51.png?width=1193&format=png&auto=webp&s=a47de8479865803f696cb171a7161c2e3922c1c4

    submitted by /u/Key_Handle
    [link] [comments]

    What's The Best Version of mac OS? whats the most feature-rich & least bloated Version of Mac OS

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    I want to roll back my mid-2012 MacBook pro retina to a Version of mac OS,

    that's more lightweight yet still has modern features.

    whats the most feature-rich & least bloated Version of Mac OS

    what version would you recommend I try roll back to

    submitted by /u/R0ars
    [link] [comments]

    Time machine interface creates two entries every time I do a backup.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having an issue that leads to time machine creating two backups from the same day in the interface.

    I'm sorry for not being familiar with the technical jargon, but I'll try my best to explain.

    Every time I do a backup, if I enter the Time Machine, I can see two entries for that one backup on the bar with the dates on the right. For example, I done a backup on July 5th and I saw two entries, one reading "July 5t 13:42" and a separate one readying "July 5th 15:06". Only the second one was deletable and both entries offered me the ability to restore any and all files.

    I tried a backup today and the same thing happened, but this time it read "July 22nd 20:48" twice. They had the exact same time and date and I could access both and restore from both, but one was not deletable. This never used to happen. Does anyone else have this issue? I think this started happening around the time I updated. Unfortunately, I can't go back.

    Is there a way to stop this from happening?

    I'm on MAC OS Catalina 10.15.5 and it's a 13-inch 2017.

    Sorry again if my breakdown isn't very good. if there's any other details you'll need to better understand my query just let me know.

    Thanks to anyone willing to take the time to read this and offer insight. You're a legend.

    submitted by /u/Hydrated-Turtle
    [link] [comments]

    For everyone with fully up to date Catalina and Safari Macs

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    I am currently on Mojave because of a bug with Safari extensions on Catalina which was present since 10.15.3 where you couldn't enable any extensions. Have they fixed it in the newest 10.15.6 update?

    submitted by /u/__adrenaline__
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Time says I'm using apps I don't even have

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    Every time I use my MacBook, it begins recording Screen Time for a bunch of websites and apps, some of which I've never even heard of. Just this morning, I've apparently been using YouTube, Twitter, Things, Zoom, browsing The A.V. Club, and using some app I've never even heard of called "Square Payroll", all for 51 minutes each, and counting. (I have a 30-minute time limit on Twitter and YouTube, so this shouldn't even be possible.) I have been using none of these apps, or had tabs open. This has been happening every day for weeks—a few days ago, it said I was on YouTube for eight hours. What in the world is going on here? This isn't an issue on my iPhone.

    EDIT: I restarted my computer and now the weird times reset to their appropriate numbers (for today only, not previous days). Apparently I've only spent two minutes on "Square Payroll" today. Still no idea what that is though.

    submitted by /u/Viktor_withaK
    [link] [comments]

    Reply with header

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    Hi, i'd like to know is it possible to configure Mail.app to add headers when I reply a message?

    Like: From: User Name user@domain.com Date: Wednesday, 13 Friday 2020, 13:13 To: My Name My@name.org, External Contact external@contact.com Subject: Is it possible to reply with headers i Mail.app?!

    I know that Mail.app add those headers when I forward email, but doesn't add when I reply to message.

    I think it is very important when you communicate in big company to know who were in original email. And I don't have any reason why Apple didn't add this functionality to app. Apple stuff doesn't use Mail.app or what?

    I did a lot of research and found a ReplyWithHeaders add-on, but it looks like abandoned several years ago. And it doesn't work on Catalina.

    This is default behavior for many apps like Outlook, Thunderbird an so on.

    submitted by /u/ster1d
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ecosystem e-mail clients (?)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    I need a email client that:

    - Allows for scheduled e-mails
    - Allows me to read / write e-mails offline (and, ideally pseudo-offline / "offline mode")
    - Syncs between Mac, iPad, iPhone, (ideally also Apple Watch)
    - Can be used with multiple e-mail providers, Gmail, Microsoft, Apple and a POP/IMAP

    - Can be a paid App
    - Hopefully without grave privacy concerns (although I wouldn't send sensitive _emails_, at least not without some end-to-end encryption, which would be a plus but not a requirement).
    - Bonus points for easy integration with other productivity-like apps like Todoist, Calendars etc.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/vossva
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel