• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 2, 2020

    iPad Automatically open up screenshots from Mac to annotate on iPad [Catalina and iPadOS 13 feature]. Make sure you have annotation enabled on Mac [Click last icon on Preview window for Mac]

    iPad Automatically open up screenshots from Mac to annotate on iPad [Catalina and iPadOS 13 feature]. Make sure you have annotation enabled on Mac [Click last icon on Preview window for Mac]


    Automatically open up screenshots from Mac to annotate on iPad [Catalina and iPadOS 13 feature]. Make sure you have annotation enabled on Mac [Click last icon on Preview window for Mac]

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    SteamLink + Good Internet = Ultra PC Quality 120hz Gaming on iPad Pro

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Is there any way to record through the internal microphone while headphones are plugged in?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    I'm trying to use GarageBand on an iPad Pro and it's insane that it won't even let me select internal microphone whether or not I'm using headphones with a built in mic. I need to record some scratch drums over a preexisting track.

    submitted by /u/deliciousdeciduous
    [link] [comments]

    childishly happy about my setup ☺️ really like the fast & seamless device switching of the logitech k380! ���� (air 2, mini 5, iph7+) + Asus Zenbeam e1. everything (excluding projector screen) fits in a small shoulder bag.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    How to get more value out of the ipad (pro)?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I recently splurged and bought myself a top of the line ipad pro, mainly because I fell in love with procreate for drawing. It's great for drawing but it's just that i maybe spend an hour or two a day using the ipad to draw and then i put it somewhere in the corner and switch back to my laptop for everything else (coding, browsing etc).

    It's such a gorgeous device and I would love to spend more time with it but I have a hard time coming up with reasons to do so. I should have probably thought about this before buying but hey, i just wanted it for the hardware. But i have this nagging feeling i bought the most expensive drawing board in the world. I've also never been in the apple ecosystem before, so obviously simply getting used to iOS is it's own learning curve when it comes to multi tasking / window management. And there is so many weird quirks e.g. the youtube app not being able to run PIP but the youtube web version allowing it, that a lot of things i'm used to do on my laptop (listening to music on youtube, doing some other things at the same time etc.) are just annoyingly difficult. Am I expecting the wrong things from my ipad?

    What fun stuff are you doing with your ipad? Anyone who turned it into their main device? I haven't had the chance to hook it up to a secondary monitor yet and turn it into a workstation but i've been seeing some videos where you'd end up with huge black bars on the sides of the external monitor. Is this the case for all apps (especially safari / chrome?)

    submitted by /u/retobs
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Files app and Onedrive, why?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    iPad my new therapy ecosystem.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    I did an AMA which explains a lot of my situation https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/h87n6n/reddit_and_gaming_saved_me_from_suicide_17_months/

    How gaming, streaming and vlogging keep me alive but an important question is this.

    What happens when I shut down my streaming pc, when I go to bed or to cook food, what happens when I am in my backyard.

    My autism, bipolar type 2, PTSD, ADHD and other issues mean I always need something to occupy my mind to keep me from going into deep depression or obsessing over how many tiles in my bathroom.

    Before I was given an iPad pro that role was covered by 2 mobile phones (samsung s10, Huawei P30 Pro), Amazon HD 10" tablet first gen) original Nintendo Ds, Psvita, Amazon Echo in every room.

    Every room had its own safety net, my disabilities are such that I can't even remember the day, date and month without asking alexa in the morning, it is a good day if it only takes me thirty minutes from when I wake to remember brushing my teeth is a thing, can't be in the back yard without recording myself for a vlog, music or an audible book play in the background, even my bathroom had my amazon 10" tablet permanently on charge with a battery pack.

    None of them are ideal, Alexa is useless if the net goes down, phones are too easy for me to forget and keeping track of the charging of the entire system is problematic (all of my chargeable devices in the house have been charged by a DiY solar panel setup in the backyard for the last 4 years I charge battery packs and then they keep everything portable going).

    I am now just putting the final touches of replacing all of that with my new iPad pro.

    Here is a video I did about it.

    https://youtu.be/0C2Qq7bTCaU

    submitted by /u/Quebber
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil-compatible secure notes app?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Hello there, everyone! May I please ask your advice on something?

    I've recently bought myself an iPad Pro. One of my big reasons for getting it was I wanted somewhere to take notes, yes, but also to have a secure personal journal and process my thoughts. I loooove using the Apple Pencil for this purpose -- when it comes to processing, typing doesn't have the same effect for me.

    Some things I've already tried:

    -The native Apple Notes app is failing me super hard right now. When I put a padlock on a note, write in it, and then lock it, it won't save whatever I've written, or will save only a part. I've already been working with Apple Support over the last week about this issue.

    -I found the Bear app, but found that it (the Pro version, specifically) is only able to encrypt text-only entries and considers Apple Pencil-generated things images/attachments, which makes it unable to encrypt. I've sent an email to Bear Support and am waiting for a reply on if I'm just missing something somewhere.

    -I've been cruising in some of these Apple subreddits and just read about something called Nebo? I'll download that and give that a try as soon as I finish this post. I also see there's this new Scribble feature being beta-tested, so maybe my issue will be moot here in a while.

    -Still trying to look through the app store for other options that don't look too......sketchy (ba dum tss)

    So!

    TL;DR, is there an app that will let me handwrite using my Apple Pencil AND will encrypt my entries while not losing everything I just wrote?

    Edit to add: I'm worried someone is gonna come in and go "just use pen and paper, dummy", but if that worked for me/my weirdass brain, I would be all set and wouldn't need to ask this question XD

    submitted by /u/vetimator
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro with 144Hz monitor?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Has anyone gotten the 2018 or 2020 iPad Pro to output a higher refresh rate on an external display? I have a 144Hz monitor but I can't seem to get above 60Hz from my 2020 model. I'm wondering if that's a limitation of the iPad itself, or if I just need a better USB-C hub.

    I know it won't do 144Hz, but I was hoping there might be a way to output 120Hz in supported games.

    submitted by /u/billiankell
    [link] [comments]

    The only thing holding back iPadOS is right click speed.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    In desktop I can right click open 100 new tabs a minute while searching google, having to long hold press down and wait for the menu slows down my productivity 100%

    Is there anyway to make the right click menu open instantly? Assign double tap to open it instantly? Or something? I'm so tired of having to wait for it to load

    submitted by /u/knkkskknk
    [link] [comments]

    App development on iPad OS

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    So for my uni project I have to develop an android Application , i want to use my iPad Pro 11 (A12x) over my MacBook Pro coz it's a way powerful chip. Any of y'all got ideas for good dev platforms for Android App Development

    submitted by /u/avneesh2k2
    [link] [comments]

    Best free drawing app?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    Hey, I was considering purchasing Procreate however I'm not 100% sure that I will even use it that much haha, I just want to get better at drawing. I am not very good right now. Please recommend some good apps! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/trolltruckllama
    [link] [comments]

    Cmd Tab does not bring up the cursor after switching from another app in iPad Pro

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    Hi guys, often my work on an iPad Pro consists of reading a pdf, and taking notes with my keyboard while having them side by side in multi-window mode.

    The thing is, when I switch back to my note taking application, be it the Apple Notes, or Onenote, the cursor does not show up and I cannot type without tapping on the screen manually. This is kind of annoying and often breaks the flow for me.

    Is there any way to do this? I am using iPadOS 13.5.1.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/sm2345
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech Crayon replacement tips in the UK?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    I cant seem to find these anywhere including on the logitech site which only seems to provide these the US. I dont want to buy the overpriced apple pencil ones which i dont know if they actually work. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Whatsupteapot
    [link] [comments]

    Better use on charge or not ?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    I'm wondering, since when I prepare an exam I use my iPad for all day on my table, if is better keeping it on charge or recharge it in an optimal range like 20-80 % ?

    submitted by /u/Mik261
    [link] [comments]

    Select non adjacent cells in Excel on iPadOS

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Hello guys, Does anyone know how to select non adjacent cells in Microsoft Excel ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/sedanoweb
    [link] [comments]

    Does an ultra fine tipped apple pencil exist?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Whether it's a replacement tip, or a new stylus altogether. I use 0.5mm ultra fine tipped pens at work and my hand writing is SO nice, then i use a fatter tip like my apple pencil, and it looks like shit. Curious if these exist!

    submitted by /u/threegunnation
    [link] [comments]

    Do micro scratches affect apple pencil performance?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    Have gotten my iPad Pro 11" + Pencil around a month ago and am loving doing digital art with it. :) Unfortunately, yesterday discovered a micro scratch (~4mm) while cleaning the screen. How it got there, I cannot tell - while the screen is on, is not possible to spot the scratch. Now my question is: "is it something I should be concerned about?" I do not care for the microscratches aesthetically, however if it makes an impact on my performance, I'd start considering a screen protector, an idea I'm not too fond of. I'm also afraid it might cause additional scratches by altering the nib of the pencil, sharpening it. So, should I be concerned?

    submitted by /u/LairaKlock
    [link] [comments]

    All my books and PDFs have disappeared on the night...restarted the ipad but still same.. any help?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    iPad Pro 12.9” screen going green?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Around a year old, lots of use on it, the screen appears to be going a little green, looks 10x worse when I put on true tone, it appears to be mostly around the bottom half of the screen, any idea what's happening?

    submitted by /u/zzzzzzelda
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel