• Breaking News

    Friday, July 31, 2020

    Apple Macbook recently got my 2020 13" pro. i think i'm the only person i know who has ever opted for the silver color since 2016. prettiest little computer i ever owned.

    Apple Macbook recently got my 2020 13" pro. i think i'm the only person i know who has ever opted for the silver color since 2016. prettiest little computer i ever owned.


    recently got my 2020 13" pro. i think i'm the only person i know who has ever opted for the silver color since 2016. prettiest little computer i ever owned.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Question about Keyboard Replacement Program.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro 2016 15'' and sent for a keyboard replacement. It worked and my keyboard works like brand new.

    Does the replacement program fix the core issues, or should I expect keyboard issues to come up again in the future? If the latter, will Apple fix it again under the same program?

    submitted by /u/dmfornood
    [link] [comments]

    Affordable MacBook Pro Monitor

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 11:16 PM PDT

    I'm looking to buy a monitor for my 2017 MacBook Pro 13", but I'm not sure which to buy. I mostly want to use it so I can look at more tabs at a time without having to switch through tabs on my MacBook. My budget is about $250, and I have a mouse that allows me to connect to 2 monitors and switch between them without having to reconnect.

    submitted by /u/rumpears
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for protecting the outside of macbook?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    Upon purchasing my macbook I thought I would buy a hard shell case, but research showed that would cause more harm than good. I am pretty gentle with my laptop so i would like something to just protect the outside and edges/corners that seem to dent and scratch easily.

    Has anyone found any skins that wrap all around, even the edges?

    submitted by /u/art_attack24
    [link] [comments]

    Removing 128GB SSD Fro mMacbook Pro 2017 into a Reader?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    recently my wife spilled some some water her macbook pro and it wont turn on currently. Is there a way to take the Apple 128 GB SSD and place it into an enclosure to read it on another mac by any chance? or can I use macbook pro can i swap out the hard drive get her items off? we both have Macbook pro 13 inch 2017. I tried searching for one but didn't see it this is the hard drive I took out:

    https://imgur.com/a/PJyPifZ

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/antdogs
    [link] [comments]

    Please read, I need your perspective and help. I am a parent of young triplet babies. Was the Apple Associate right in this case in terms of recommending me a new MacBook? I am torn on what to do.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm a parent of three little triplets. If you're a parent I think you might understand that raising babies takes a lot of time. We don't have time to watch any of our favorite shows or movies on our tv, iPad, or any screen.

    If I was single or married without kids I'd buy a 16" MBP in a heartbeat. When I didn't have babies I had a lot of free time.

    My personal laptop was a 2015 MBP, i5, 8GB ram, and 256GB storage. It had about 185GB memory left. I recently dropped it and the display got destroyed and to replace the screen it would cost me an amount I do not like, around $500. This was the average price from Apple and third party licensed vendors.

    Today due to babies and the next few years my hands might be a little tied. I find myself only doing the following on the laptop: browsing web, paying bills, sometimes YouTube, Word, Excel, Tableau, opening up Photos to look at pictures, sometimes video meetings. I don't keep many tabs open.

    I asked the Apple Associate if I should get the higher end 13" MBP with 16GB or base 16". I told them about my concerns with thermals and heat and fan, etc.

    The Associate recommend the MBA, 8GB Ram, 256GB. They said that would suffice with my current life situation and things I do on a computer.

    My question is, should I just get the MBA 8GB 256GB based on my story? Was the Associate right or should I go a different route? What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear them!

    By the way, I cannot wait for arm since my laptop is no longer with me, I need a computer now. Maybe get this model now then sell it down the road, and buy another one in the future when the babies are older and more independent? By this time we might actually be able to watch a show or movie...

    I have a gift card from Amazon so I'll have to buy from that website. Hopefully they have a decent model for me.

    submitted by /u/mangocasio
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2010 Macbook Pro, Windows 10 Graphics driver

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    Hi

    I am having problem installing Windows 10 Graphics drivers.

    I downloaded BootCamp5.1.5621

    During the installation of the Nvidia drivers, my computer will randomly shutdown or go into a bootloop until Windows removes it on its own or if I do it via Safemode.

    Was wondering if I can get help finding a compatible driver.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/MrSparkyBoomMan
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2011 MacBook Pro - What to Upgrade to Improve Streaming Video Performance - SSD or RAM?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Hello, I watch a lot of streaming sports on my Apple MacBook Pro 13-Inch "Core i5" 2.4 Late 2011 model. Probably important to note is that I also use a computer monitor as a second screen so I can have the streaming sports on the bigger monitor and then maybe have a webpage open on my actual laptop.

    I watch the streaming sports through the Bell Fibe TV webpage (I'm in Canada).

    When I watch sports, the picture often lags/freezes and I know it's due to my MacBook lacking in power and/or speed, or just plain being 8+ years old.

    My question is if I want the streaming video to run smoother, in particular when watching sports where the picture has to change quickly, should I add more memory (currently have 4 GB) or put in a SSD?

    I am confused as to which of these options would be more likely to improve the streaming video performance of my late 2011 MacBook Pro.

    Perhaps I am way off and a graphics card (currently have Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 mb) update might be the thing to do given my use of a second screen. I am sure running a 24 inch monitor as a second screen adds a lot of strain.

    I know very little about the internal components of computers so I need some help.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/EternalTao34
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air for college

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Thinking about getting a macbook air for CS college. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/csgnwinter
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2019 16" Battery Drain

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Hey y'all I keep having battery issues with my new MacBook Pro 2019. I bought it because I do a lot of work in the Adobe Suite (Ps, Ai, Id, Ae) and my MacBook Air 2015 just didn't have enough power to operate larger projects. I bought this new laptop with the intention of being able to travel and work remotely more often, but the battery is only lasting 3-5 hours vs. their touted 10-11 hours. I know there's no chance the battery will last the 10-11 hrs with the work I do, but I was at least expecting a 7-9 hr life. Hell, I'd even take 5-7 hrs at this point.

    I've already received a replacement from Best Buy, but I'm having the same exact issues on this new one. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Suhleed
    [link] [comments]

    Will the base 2020 Air run the Adobe suite smoothly?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    I'm weighing my options right now on which Mac to get. I'm an Interactive Design student and will be using the Adobe creative suite often, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Lightroom for photography purposes. I know the Pro is recommended for graphic design students, but since I'm on a budget I wanted to know if I could get away with an Air just fine. Other than the Adobe suite, I don't do much on my computer besides web browsing and listening to music. Sometimes I download a game from Steam but it's rare.

    My current early 2015 MacBook Pro doesn't support the suite anymore. Can't even download it.

    If the Air is fine, would the base model be okay or should I invest in raising the specs? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/resortarea
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys think they are going to release a new 12 inch version?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    I really wish to see a new one!

    submitted by /u/mvpetri
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first MacBook Air ever! However there is issues with it.. what should I do?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    My MacBook Air is literally overheating and the fan goes insane even at the slightest use of a YouTube video or discord. I've worked really hard to pay for this all at once. Do I exchange the product for another one or for a MacBook Pro 256 GB but right now with the air I have 512GB. They are both the same price.

    What do I do? Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/tikamed
    [link] [comments]

    2015 Macbook Pro hibernation

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    Seems like I can’t figure out what’s problem here.( I was just browsing through some documents this laptop had and it just shit down randomly) this is an 06 model.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    what is going on with my MacBook screen? Happens every time it dies and turns back on

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    HELP I took my MacBook Air apart following a YouTube tutorial. Now the laptop will only power on when hooked up to the charger. I’m pretty sure I put something back incorrectly. Any ideas of what I did wrong/how to fix it?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Butterfly Keyboard 3rd Gen Vs 3rd Gen Revision

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Work is trying to send me a replacement for my mid-2018 butterfly keyboard Macbook pro and sent me the 2019 which still has the butterfly keyboard. Has anyone noticed a major improvement with this "3rd gen revision" butterfly? Or should I still pitch a fit to get a 2020 macbook pro with the magic keyboard?

    submitted by /u/nonstopski
    [link] [comments]

    Always had a sticky shift lock key since I’ve bought my early 2015 mbp, gone to clean the key today and wondering if this scissor mech is the right way around? It never seems to “butterfly” or “scissor” up. Thanks

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    Anyonehere play dota 2 on a macbook? How does it run? Considering the 16’ MBP

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    If you would like a MacBook for gaming, please sign my petition to show Apple the high demand!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Macbook 15" 2018 - battery disconnect?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    Hey All,

    Ive got a 15" 2018 MacBook Pro that was recently serviced for a swollen battery. I use it for work, and even before the pandemic it spends a lot of time plugged in. I was at 130 cycles, and battery health was less than 80% and when I opened it to clean it, I noticed the cells had swollen. So I got it replaced.

    well working on my MacBook Air this AM I realized it has a battery connector.

    This got me thinking. Could I discharge my MacBook to like 50%, open the Bottom and disconnect it, since I won't need the battery for potentially Months? and just leave it plugged into my dock 100%?

    submitted by /u/slvrscoobie
    [link] [comments]

    Disable Microphone and Webcam

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Would it be difficult to disconnect the wires for the built in Microphones and webcam in a Macbook 16? I'm not sure where to start to find a diagram for this.

    submitted by /u/yabrennan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel