• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Apple Macbook My Upgrade from a MacBook Air 13!

    Apple Macbook My Upgrade from a MacBook Air 13!


    My Upgrade from a MacBook Air 13!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    Just purchased! Thanks to this sub, helping me with decisions ��

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Who else is using Intellij on their Mac?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    "Upgraded" from 2015 MBP to 2020 13 inch Macbook Pro - Disappointed

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:43 AM PDT

    I recently enrolled in an online class which required virtual lab simulations and even though my 2015 13 inch dual core Macbook pro with 5th gen i5 and 8 gb ram was running fine during the virtual lab it would get really hot and the fans would run loudly and drain the battery. I thought of upgrading to $1800 2020 MBP and yes I knew about the whole new ARM MacBook news because I bought it after WWDC. The very first thing I noticed was that the new 2020 MBP got super hot during migration assistant and downloading the latest version of Catalina. I assumed its a one time thing but my transfer speeds slowed down and I took me 5 tries to finally transfer everything. I opened up Photo Booth and the webcam was very bad compared to my 2015 MBP. I did a side by side comparison and the result was shocking. It was like going from HD camera to SD camera. I ran the virtual lab side by side and the 2015 MBP ran it much more quietly and with less heat so I knew I got a defective unit. I got it exchanged for a new 2020 MBP and this time the process was smooth and it only heated up during software update but still the camera quality is very bad. This is a downgrade in terms of a webcam. I ran the virtual lab online on the new MacBook and it gets surprisingly hot. Too hot to even touch the base and rest it on your lap whereas my old 2015 MBP would run the fans loudly but kept the laptop generally warm and even if it got hot it was nowhere near my new MacBook's temperature. I used some software to test the temperature and for some reason the new macbook pro doesn't show crazy level temperatures like 99 degrees it still goes up to 85 maybe apple limits the fans to run only when it goes beyond 95 degrees or something. The bottom and the trackpad get super hot during the lab and it makes me use my old MacBook cause tbh its a better experience on there even with loud fans. I installed fan control to make sure the fans run when it hits 65 degrees and maxes out at 85 degrees and it worked for a while and kept the laptop warm instead of letting it get hot but now the online lab glitched out due to my MacBook. I honestly feel like I paid $2000 for a big downgrade. My 2015 Macbook cost me $1400-1500 back then and I decided to pay more this time hoping to get a long lasting better MacBook but I got an expensive downgrade and I am really disappointed in how Apple is slowly killing its mac line up. It seems like 2015 was the last year for good macbooks and 2019 16 inch MacBook is the only decent MacBook left on the line up now. Idk if I should fork over more money for 16 inch for better thermal performance even though I'm just a student and don't edit and just do basic schoolwork since I am in Bio. So yeah I would recommend stay away from this 2020 MBP. Maybe ARM will fix the mistakes of past 4 years. This is a decent laptop don't get me wrong but coming from a previous good quality MacBook this will feel like a downgrade and if I'm being honest I don't even see any performance gain or the MacBook being much faster. If anyone has any questions or advice for me let me know. I really wanted to love this new MacBook and keep it but unfortunately it cannot do the one thing I bought it for which is run my lab quietly and smoothly without burning my lap.

    submitted by /u/abatwithitsmouthopen
    [link] [comments]

    Staying in a rural hotel and house gecko shitted on my MacBook Pro ��

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    So.... I put my hairdryer down and my 2019 MacBook Air keys MELTED. 1 key came of completely and 2 others wouldn’t go down ��

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    Accented characters menu suddenly stopped working. Fixes?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Hello! All of a sudden I cannot type accented characters anymore. If I keep pressing a character, it is just repeated as much, without showing the contextual menu. I am running macOS 10.15.5 on a Macbook Pro 2017, and I have already tried deleting the plist file and the relative background processes. Also restarted the laptop, with no luck.

    submitted by /u/diiaablo
    [link] [comments]

    Purchased new work computer! It’s gonna be tough to wait two weeks!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    macbook air or pro 2020?!?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    hi all!

    how yall doing during this pandemic i have been baking a shit ton & getting a bit fat

    but in all seriousness,

    i currently have 2015 dell inspiron refurb laptop & got it my freshmen year of college & honestly is pretty shit and 5 years in i think its time for a change

    never purchased a macbook (ik im a virgin) and was wondering which one i should go for? there's so many diff specs and im just not sure which would be more worth compared to the price.

    is it better to get a base pro 13 ($1200), upgrade it a lil & get pro 13 ($1700) or sell ma body parts and get the pro 16in? also same question goes for the air??

    i would be using it mostly for web surfing, emails, youtube, more youtube, video calls, occasional photoshop/video editing, word, ya feel

    any advice would be greatly appreciated! ty🥰

    submitted by /u/Keapenuj
    [link] [comments]

    Is Macbook air 2020 good for using online classes

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    Hi, is Macbook Air 2020 rlly good for online classes? Im not using zoom though, anyways thanks!

    submitted by /u/RedditUser1141414141
    [link] [comments]

    Last owner spilled water on it and sold it to me for a hell of a price. Any idea how to fix it?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    How to keep MacBook Air cool while using digital art program?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm having some heating/cooling issues with my laptop.

    I have a 13" MacBook Air (2015) and use the art program Krita. Every time I open the program, it makes it extremely hot to the touch and absolutely kills my computer battery– as in, battery drops almost 30% in 10-15 minutes and only accelerates the hotter it gets. I've read about cooling pads but don't want to invest in one if they're ineffective.

    Does anyone have any tips/suggestions for gadgets etc. to use to keep my laptop cooler?

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/northeastface
    [link] [comments]

    Best macbook i could get for £450 second hand?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    no idea what im looking at with apple macbooks more of a windows person but its required for uni they wont let us use laptops thanks

    submitted by /u/ZoTaG
    [link] [comments]

    Help me pick out a macbook

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    Hello friends,

    So basically I had a 13 inch late 2013 MacBook pro that recently died because the motherboard got fried. Anyways, I wanted to buy a new MacBook and the only 2 that are in my range is the 2015 15 inch MacBook pro or the 2016 13 inch MacBook pro with touch ID. I'm really confused with which one to buy because I love the idea of touch ID but I'll be giving up so much. So I am really confused which one is the better more reliable Mach because I've also heard that the 2016 MacBooks has alot of problems.

    submitted by /u/taken_domination36
    [link] [comments]

    How much should I sell my Macbook Air for?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    I have a 2017 13-inch macbook air, purchased it in 2018 for $900 with a student discount, its still in mint condition, is $650 asking too much? I just want the new macbook pro but I would like to sell this one first.

    submitted by /u/curiouscast1999
    [link] [comments]

    Accurate Shipping?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    To anyone who's ordered online in the past month or so: wondering if the shipped Macbooks still come in 2 weeks (or whenever it's scheduled to arrive) or if Apple is still doing the thing where it gets delivered sooner?

    submitted by /u/zombieezia
    [link] [comments]

    Need help launching garry’s mod on mac.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    Gmod isn't compatible with mac os 10.15. is there another version i can download in order to play? and if so, which one and how?

    submitted by /u/ImZared
    [link] [comments]

    Help me understand Ram usage / Future Purchase

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Help me understand Ram usage / Future Purchase

    Hey!

    I currently have a MacBook pro early 2015 (base i5, 8gb ram, 128 ssd) and I am looking to upgrade. I'm just considering whether to get 8gb of ram or 16gb of ram. I have attached two pictures that show my typical usage doing research/writing papers. I tend to have a lot of swapped memory being used and some compressed memory, but the app "iStat Menu" says I only have about 40% pressure on my ram. I sometimes play around with iMovie, which activity monitor says takes up 2-3gb, but I don't use it often (I don't mind closing everything else and using only iMovie), and I have started to use an app called VN on my iPad because I prefer the touch controls for organizing clips. Anyway, any advice about how to understand these pictures would be appreciated :)! And also whether I should consider 16gb of ram.

    https://preview.redd.it/fnnfeptuxo851.png?width=552&format=png&auto=webp&s=6f853d184574b33229796f3fa21391a1be1697ac

    https://preview.redd.it/guninptuxo851.png?width=1228&format=png&auto=webp&s=5d54c989f7d92e81cd2dcaf889c9fe10ce60c338

    submitted by /u/the-tristonian
    [link] [comments]

    always get apple care plus

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    Just my advice guys, just always get apple care plus even though it's an additional $399 I believe. I bought a 15 inch MacBook pro touchpad in 2017. Was reluctant to get apple care plus, but luckily I did. I don't know if apple product reliability has gone down. I got one of those white apple MacBook in the past and iPhones and ipads and iPods. These things work for well over 10 years. The MacBook pro just lasted 2 1/2 years though. It had that endless update loop that I couldn't get pass. Tried everything through apple support on the phone even installing a new OS. Brought it into an authorized repair shop. It turns out it was the logic board. Now I'm getting a new logic board, keypad, and new battery. Little hesitant next time when it comes to upgrading a new MacBook.

    submitted by /u/metalgearsolid2
    [link] [comments]

    Will there be a 2020 16 inch Macbook pro later this year?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Although the current one just got a GPU upgrade but is there any chance there will be a 2020 refresh with incremental upgrades such as 10th gen ( or even 11th gen tiger lake) processor , Wifi 6, Improved web cam

    or will it debut sometime in next year with the ARM processor , Micro-LED and other drastic upgrades.

    Do let me know your thoughts!

    submitted by /u/Sadman_Pinon
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air Crashing - Bad idea to buy a refurbished Mac Mini until the new ARM models come out?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    So my early 2015 MacBook Air (which I loved) has suddenly started falling apart. The camera, speakers, mic, and search functions have stopped working and it appears to be a hardware issue, so more expensive to fix than worth it, in my opinion. I was really hoping to wait for the new ARM computers before I buy a new one, but I need to be able to use Zoom for work. Would it be a bad idea to buy a used or refurbished Mac mini or something of the sort to use temporarily until the new laptops are released? I have a monitor and webcam already (not working with my laptop unfortunately).

    submitted by /u/SongRiverFlow
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I download this wallpaper from?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    MacBook doesn't recognise both a TB3 to DP and a TB3 to USB-A adapter at the same time

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    I've recently bought a TB3 to DP Adapter for my MacBook Pro 13" (2020, 2xTB3) and it works just fine. but if I connect my Dongle to connect to a mouse it wont work. The mouse stays off... Does anyone experience the same problem or has anyone found a solution yet?

    submitted by /u/luckyJuK
    [link] [comments]

    $800 for a 2015 15" rMBP and 424 battery cycles a good deal?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm a content creator/designer/video editor working in VFX and need a laptop for on-the-go since I'm being forced out of my apartment due to COVID. Going to be road tripping around the country working remotely.

    Is this a good deal? EveryMac says this is the starting price which sounds good, but I don't know how up to date they are.

    Its a 2.2 Quad Core, if that matters. No issues with the screen or damage to the physical body.

    submitted by /u/Tanners_Table
    [link] [comments]

    MBP heating up - thoughts?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    About a year ago I had my MacBook Pro 2013 cleaned out at the Apple store, because it was getting a bit warm. there was a decent amount of dust in it, but the text said it wasn't more than a lot of the others that end up coming in.

    Recently, I noticed that my MBP was getting warm again. When I plug in an additional display or two, even without programs running, it tends to get very hot to the touch.

    Do the Apple stores reapply thermal paste? Is it even worth looking into right now?

    submitted by /u/thegreatbunsenburner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel