• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Apple iOS I am really enjoying widgets with this update. Will more apps be able to create there own widget or will it be Apple created only.

    Apple iOS I am really enjoying widgets with this update. Will more apps be able to create there own widget or will it be Apple created only.


    I am really enjoying widgets with this update. Will more apps be able to create there own widget or will it be Apple created only.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    I know no one will like it, but there's always room to try. I saw the Big Sur icons and tweaked them to make it look 3D and have the iOS feel at the same time. I'm still a kid y'know but I can take constructive criticism :P

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Reddit is capturing your clipboard on each keystroke ... ��

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    Google May Integrate Chat into Gmail Apps for iOS, and Android

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    Spotify ‘Now Playing’ Widget Concept. v2

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    How can I add notifications to sub tasks?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    Reminders & Subtasks Notifications

    Hey,

    I was wondering if there's a way to set alarms or notifications for the subtasks in the reminders app. I don't see anything online about it. All the sites I find give examples about make subtasks but don't show you any options for alarms for them. For example, one site shows a main task called kitchen Reno, then they make lots of subtasks under it like rip up floor, order new sink etc. Which is all well and good but if you want the whole task completed by a certain date/time, why not have things you need to do for the main task remind you. Like, order new sink on Thursday, rip up floor on Saturday.

    Even a better example, main task cook romantic dinner, sub task buy steak. If you set the reminder alarm for Saturday at 4 as dinner is at 6 to make sure you start dinner with enough time to be ready on time, you haven't been notified to buy the steak or any of the other subtasks with out looking at it. As it won't even show in the today list until Saturday.

    I know the reminders app isn't trying to be a full project management app but it would be great if you could have notification alarms for the subtasks. Why even create them if they get lost and forgotten beneath the main task?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Drewber66
    [link] [comments]

    iOS reminders on windows 10

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    Any failsafe way to do this without losing functionality?

    I access my reminders mainly via Fanstastical which works great but it's a nuisance not to have easy access on the PC.

    Reminders on iCloud web is so limited and have the sign in each time. The iCloud app for windows doesn't seem to work, keeps asking for my password and rejecting it. I've switched on reminders in my google account caldav settings but that doesn't work. I've also tried saving them via an outlook account but didn't get very far with that.

    submitted by /u/Mikuka_G
    [link] [comments]

    very broken iOS autocorrect/autocapitalisation: seriously am I the only one?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    I have had to turn auto correct and autocapitalization and predictive off. They are so broken that they make changes that make no sense at all.

    I use english, german, and polish keyboards. I cant think of any other reason that it might be acting up.

    the problem is as stated, the changes make zero sense, especially autocapitalisation.

    Ive read there was a change to an ML based spell check method but I don't really know the ins and outs.

    But I do know: It doesn't 'just work'. It just doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/arpaterson
    [link] [comments]

    VPN (ikev2) disconnects when phone is in sleep mode

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Hi, I have problems with my vpn. Everytime my iphone SE 2020 goes to sleep, my VPN (and WiFi) connection drops, making myself unable to receive all push notifications, and everything else. The WiFi connection itself is very strong, that is not the issue. The connection type is ikev2, which should be compatible with iOS's „always on" or rather „connect on demand" feature. What I want is, that my VPN always stays connected, in standby mode as well as in the unlocked state. How do I accomplish that?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SpicysaucedHD
    [link] [comments]

    iOS on Microsoft Surface?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I own a Surface Pro 4 - is there any possible way that I could virtually run the proper version of iOS on there, through Virtualbox or something? Is there an ISO or VDI I could use?

    I'm not after something like iPadian, I'm after something which gives the proper iOS experience, so essentially it can be like I'm on an iPad, when in fact I'm using Virtualbox or something on my Surface - although I'm aware that something like this may exist.

    Hope you're well.

    submitted by /u/reddituser362728
    [link] [comments]

    Any good alternartives to Photogrid app which costs $5 / month?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Hi so I downloaded this ios app Photogrid and it's pretty good. However I don't want to pay $5 per month for it, and now it only allows 3 day trial.

    So is there any ios app that's as good or decent enough to compare with Photogrid? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/froddo7
    [link] [comments]

    What are these and how can resolve/get rid of them ??!!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Facetime Slow Motion

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    I've noticed the last few days whenever I make a facetime call sometimes its like my camera is in slow motion. I have an Iphone 6S and whoever I'm calling their camera is fine and fast and my wifi signal is strong, but my camera is slow, I've restarted my phone and it still persists.

    submitted by /u/SupaHotSans
    [link] [comments]

    instant file sharing between iOs and windows

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I want a service / application for instant file sharing between my ipad and my windows PC, other than google drive or onedrive. something like airdrop between mac and ios but for windows.

    thank you

    submitted by /u/Jx0ck
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Keyboard on iPhone 11 Pro?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Hi there, I switched from my S9 to an iPhone 11 Pro but one of the things I am missing is the ability for each key on my keyboard to be a hotkey for a punctuation symbol. Is there any 3rd party keyboard that has this feature? I've looked at SwiftKey and GBoard already. E.g. if I long press the D button on my Samsung keyboard then it will type a pound symbol, and that's how it is for every key- I don't have to go into a separate punctuation menu to access symbols.

    submitted by /u/Waidmannsheil
    [link] [comments]

    iOS14: the new features from apple that can change your experience this fall!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    Any control in transfer data from one iPhone to another?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    I just bought a brand new SE. I want to migrate data from my current 6s, most importantly my music and playlists (cd rips, etc; not just iTunes Store stuff). It seems the most painless way to do this is by hooking up the old phone to the new phones using the camera connection kit and doing the direct quick start transfer.

    Is there any control over this process? For instance, can I exclude photos and certain apps or is it all or nothing? Also, is the data erased from the old phone or do they become identical. If there is no control, I'll be sure to backup the old photos and then delete them as I don't want those to transfer over in order to start fresh.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/judino28
    [link] [comments]

    Which apps you wished had dark mode?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys, with iOS 14 I think I'm gonna give dark mode a try. I looked into my apps but not every app has dark mode specifically my travel and health related apps. I wonder, which apps you wished had dark mode? and which ones bother you the most?

    submitted by /u/sirberaferguson
    [link] [comments]

    How iPhone Home Screen Widgets Work in iOS 14

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Anyone here own the Mophie (or any of the wireless chargers Apple sells) wireless charger? Are they any good?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    I'm looking to get two chargers a dual for work and a 3 in one for the home. I've found a decent Choetech dual charger for £25 however I was wondering about the Mophie for the 3 in one option.

    submitted by /u/HowToEatBurgers
    [link] [comments]

    font management any better in ios 14?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    the process of adding new fonts to ios 13 is a horrible multi-step hack. has ios 14 improved on it at all? please tell me it's still not this garbage mess.

    submitted by /u/scottjl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel