• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    Apple Macbook My 15" got a mini me today -2015 12" retina MacBook - its so cute!

    Apple Macbook My 15" got a mini me today -2015 12" retina MacBook - its so cute!


    My 15" got a mini me today -2015 12" retina MacBook - its so cute!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Got my new 2020 $1700 MacBook pro, my first Mac

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    Cursed Butterfly?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I'm getting a new Mac and am wondering about getting a refurbished model. My big concern is the butterfly keyboard. My last Mac was a 2015 that I really liked, and I kind of avoided the limited ports, butterfly controversy.

    All of the 13 inch refurbs, sometimes with better specs, are 2019 or older. Just how bad is the butterfly keyboard? Is it true you get one extra year of coverage with Apple Care because there are so many keyboard issues.

    I primarily use my Mac for office work, blogging, and photo editing. I type a lot and don't want a keyboard that will quit on me after one year.

    submitted by /u/nocmclean
    [link] [comments]

    Is my MacBook about to explode?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro 2020 - Worth buying?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I'm looking into immersing myself into the Apple ecosystem with a Macbook Pro 2020, 4 thunderbolt version (512gb SSD, 16gb RAM, 10th gen i5)

    However, I am unsure if this eye-wateringly expensive, ~ € 2100 purchase (with applecare) will be *really* worth the money. I want to get potentially the next 5 or so years out of the machine, hence why I want to go for a mac instead of a Windows laptop (I've had bad experiences tbh)

    With Apple's ARM Macbooks coming in the (near?) future, is it really worth investing in a current gen, spec'ed out MBP for the long-term.

    For context, I'm a computer science major, do quite a bit of travelling etc. and just want a good machine that's gonna last. It's an investment more than anything - I want this machine to last me well into the future and not be made completely redundant within the next year.

    Thanks for the help <3

    submitted by /u/Flikaflare
    [link] [comments]

    Which Macbook to get for CS Student?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    As the title says I will be going into college as a CS major. I am currently deciding on which 2020 Macbook Pro 13" to get, as I have already ruled out the 2020 Macbook Air due to fan and heat issues I have seen in reviews. As for the Macbook Pro 13" I have no idea whether the base 256gb SSD is enough, however, I am willing to get an external drive for this. Another problem I have is whether 8gb of ram is enough or if I should upgrade to 16gb for the work I will do. Will it last me 4-5 years? If there are any CS students out there please share your advice. Thanks!

    Note: I will be using this machine for school, no gaming.

    submitted by /u/otaku246
    [link] [comments]

    my first brand new purchased macbook pro 16... show some love

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Macbook 15” 2016 makes popping sounds from speakers sometimes?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    Heyo fellow Macbook owners,

    Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'll be watching a show and then head these random popping sounds (kinda like when someone taps a microphone) occur. I never seem to get a recording of it happening so idk whether to take my mac to a shop to get it fixed without evidence of it happening :/

    submitted by /u/treesndleaves095
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for am actual working Adblocker extension

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    I tried like 5 adblocker app on app store and none of them seems to be working. Any advices?

    submitted by /u/MiloThatchh
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook display banding?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    I just got my 2015 MacBook 12" but the display is owing these dark and light lines. Especially notable on Grey and green things. https://i.imgur.com/FqLraf5.jpg Anything I can do? Does it require a new display?

    submitted by /u/slvrscoobie
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] 40 GB of other on storage space

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm currently not short on storage space but I was wondering on how can I get rid of the 40.29 GB Other on my storage. Apps consume 18 GB, while my iOS Files consume 38.8 GB. My Macbook Air's capacity is 256 GB and I still have 140 GB left available. I don't know what the Other contains and why is it that big compared to the Apps and iOS Files.

    submitted by /u/pepperonilegs
    [link] [comments]

    macbookpro is sometimes charging sometimes not checked outlets and a new adapter same problem.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    How to import Photos library from external hard drive

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I just bought a new Macbook Pro and would like to import a backed up Photos library. I found out how to open the saved library, but the files dont seem to save back onto my local disk. When I unplug my external drive, I cannot access the Photos library.

    How do I tell my mac to save the library locally?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/shunterh
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy a MacBook?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Recently, I've been considering whether to buy a MacBook. Then, I saw on a Business Insider article that MacBook to iPhone/iPad connection is seamless. This got me thinking.

    I don't own any other apple products. Would it be worth it to buy a MacBook considering I don't own any other apple devices or should I just buy a windows laptop?

    submitted by /u/Jude_The_Human
    [link] [comments]

    Base 2020 MBA vs. Base 2015 13” MBP

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    Hey there. I have a base 2015 13" MBP, and while it has served me well, the left speaker is now cracking up, and it has already reached a point where the battery needs replacing (won't turn on anymore when not connected to the charger.)

    Now, I feel that rather than spending money to have it all fixed, I figured that it might be best to just buy the new base model 2020 MBA. I plan on just keeping the MBP as a back-up or a guest laptop. I don't usually do heavy stuff on my Mac. Just usual iWork/MS Office, Safari, Netflix, and all that. The most "heavy" thing I feel I would do is when I'll have to do research and editing/making reports — which might need me to use all these at the same time: Safari (possible multiple tabs), MS Word or Excel, Preview (possibly two or three PDFs open), and maybe even some music.

    I know the MBA suffers from issues regarding thermal throttling in "heavy" use, but given the aforementioned possible set-up, do you guys think I'll run into problems? Is that too "heavy" enough to handle? The reason why I dont want to choose for an MBP is that I dont feel I need the extra power. That, and the MBP is much pricier. I dont have any plans to do video/photo/audio editing. I only intend to use it for work, and maybe some binge watching.

    Thank you guys. 😊

    Keep safe!

    submitted by /u/mcghurtyphurty
    [link] [comments]

    Touch Bar video options

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    Hey fellas, does anyone know how to stop the Touch Bar from opening the video bar options and taking the whole Touch Bar when like watching YouTube?

    submitted by /u/Busy_Stay6027
    [link] [comments]

    i3 Macbook Air Student Experience

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who is disturbed by the lack of symmetry in the latest Macbooks?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Anyone experience this? Also happens on 10.15.6

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Magsafe charger stopped working after power surge but is still conducting electricity

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:46 AM PDT

    My 4-year-old MacBook air charger went kaput today after possibly a surge of power (there was slight bursting sound) but it looks perfectly alright. And, interestingly it still seems to be conducting some sort of electricity which I realised by getting the vibration feeling (earthing) on touching the laptop lid when standing barefoot on the ground. Is there any way to resurrect the charger?

    submitted by /u/Nagranok
    [link] [comments]

    Adapter for Early 2015 Macbook Air

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    I would like to connect my 2015 Macbook Air to an external monitor. Does anyone have recommendations for a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/aloegator224
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend magsafe-USBC and USB-USBC adapters for the 2020 Air (UK) that can be used simultaneously please.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    I'm looking for something as small as possible that just sits in the port - nothing with cables. This isn't quite so important (though very preferable!) with the USB, but essential for the MagSafe.

    I'm in the UK if that makes a difference in terms of voltage.

    For the MagSafe cable (USB-MagSafe) I don't want something that's dramatically slower than what comes with the Air, but speed isn't really a concern.

    For all three things I'm seeking recommendations for, I'd like relatively inexpensive but with decent build quality/reliability.

    I hope I've given you enough information and explained what I mean sufficiently. I really appreciate your help and look forward to hearing your suggestions!

    submitted by /u/EmilyDickinsonFanboy
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook battery dropping quickly after recent update.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    Hi, I've got an 11" macbook air (2014) and its battery has suddenly started to drain out really quickly. I know it's an old machine now but the battery was fine until a few days ago before I updated it.

    It's quite odd — the first time I noticed it was acting strange it had 23% charge and suddenly shut down. Yesterday it barely got through a whole film before needing to be plugged in. This morning it's been on battery power for maybe an hour and a half. All I'm doing is checking emails and listening to music.

    I've just noticed a little ⚠️ sign saying 'Service Recommended', but I'm just finding this really odd as I could use it for hours before needing to charge until just last week.

    Anyone have similar issues/suggestions?

    Thanks!

    Edit: I think Chrome might have something to do with it as I've started using it more often (that's the only thing I've been doing differently). But I find it hard to believe that it's all down to that...?

    submitted by /u/makingaread
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook air keeps crashing after waking from sleep....any ideas?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    2018 MacBook Air and 8 times out of 10 when I wake it from sleep it works for a few seconds and then restarts itself. Running the latest version of Catalina but the issue has been going on during previous software versions too. Has anyone experienced this and anybody know what the issue/fix is?

    submitted by /u/rossco619
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel